4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

WhOs Unhappy with their car????

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 10:02 PM

WhOs Unhappy with their car????

damn guys, it was all cool to have the max and ****, but like i honestly am gettin a lil unhappy w her lately.......... like mb its just that all my buddies are driving g35's and like clk430s and trans ams and i jsut feel slow...but like i duno.... is any1 else kinda wanting a new car? =/ i ono i love the max, but i dont think i wud even wanna put anymore money into it ......... i want somthing faster... any1 with me????
Old 07-23-2006, 10:04 PM

yes. I want a BMW.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Custom User Title

Then get something faster
Old 07-23-2006, 10:09 PM

yea bro exaactlyy...wanna hook it up w some $$$??? lol but i duno i dont wanan let the max go like that, i put hella work into her..... =/
Old 07-23-2006, 10:10 PM
SuPeRmAn97

Originally Posted by RuSSiAnMax415
damn guys, it was all cool to have the max and ****, but like i honestly am gettin a lil unhappy w her lately.......... like mb its just that all my buddies are driving g35's and like clk430s and trans ams and i jsut feel slow...but like i duno.... is any1 else kinda wanting a new car? =/ i ono i love the max, but i dont think i wud even wanna put anymore money into it ......... i want somthing faster... any1 with me????
Maxima's are not made for power but with the right tuning and parts and maybe a tubro or superchanger whatever u want u well not be slow.

Old 07-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Custom User Title

yea bro exaactlyy...wanna hook it up w some $$$??? lol but i duno i dont wanan let the max go like that, i put hella work into her..... =/
If you're not willing to let the car go, then there are plenty ways to make the Max quicker.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:42 PM

im with u but im keeping my grocery getter and my next ride would be an RS4.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:45 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

well if your friends jumped off a bridge would you? if you do not want a max buy another car and move to another forum....

and in the process learn how to type and spell
Old 07-24-2006, 12:17 AM

honestly I've been getting tired of my max, just because of all the little problems that **** u off, but if u wanted a G35 and all those fast cars, u shouldn't have bought a family sedan in the first place... if u can afford those cars, just go out an get one... if u can't afford it, then thats too bad cause life isn't fair and we have to be happy with what u got unless u want otherwise
Old 07-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Wild for Width

I've loved my '98 since the day I got it.

I can appreciate what other people have but I bought the car I wanted. If you want a faster car sell the Max and build up a project car.....
Old 07-24-2006, 03:40 AM

I am not unhappy with it. Bulletproof engine and great gas mileage with very good horsepower. Very low cost to maintain. I would get another with lower mileage as mine has 274k miles. Those other cars wish they could last as long.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

My 99 is paid for, runs awsome, gets excellent gas mileage, looks great and is fun to drive.

The last thing I want is a car payment just because my friends are driving newer cars.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:42 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

I miss my '97, wish I still had her.

If you are having issues, part it out, sell it and move on. Simple.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:58 AM

I just got back from Germany, where my rental car for 2 weeks was a 1000 km-old BMW 730i turbo diesel.

So no, I'm not too happy with my car at the moment...
Old 07-24-2006, 06:29 AM
Da'Burgh, Go Stillers!

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
My 99 is paid for, runs awsome, gets excellent gas mileage, looks great and is fun to drive.

The last thing I want is a car payment just because my friends are driving newer cars.
Well stated! After 203K I still love the way it looks and drives. 30mpg on the highway. People always give me complements on how the car looks and it has never left me sitting on the side of the road. My biggest mistake would be to get rid of it because I wanted to keep up with the Jones' and be in debt.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:31 AM

This thread sucks.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:32 AM
seanish4042

i couldnt be happier with my 95 gle. 140k and runs awesome.

this is my first car, ive had it for 5 years, and it will be a sad sad day when it dies.....in another 100k. think about that. i dont see very many bimmers or benzs with nearly that kinda mileage.

and in my opinion, the 97-99 SE's are some of the best looking cars ive ever seen.

i think youd find you could tune up your max for considerably less than buying a new car. that is to say, you could match the performance of a g35 without spending the 34k.

my maxima has turned me into a nissan/infiniti guy for life.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:57 AM

Yeah, mine was pissing me off, that's why I sold it.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by ManualMaxima
well if your friends jumped off a bridge would you? if you do not want a max buy another car and move to another forum....

and in the process learn how to type and spell
this thread is a
Old 07-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Livin dreams thru his Maxima

At the moment I'm unhappy with my car because it's not passing inspection ... due to cat-back exhaust and 2 codes ..
Old 07-24-2006, 08:25 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

maximas are one of the best bang for the buck IMO ...

if i wanted a quicker car, I would have saved up some more ...
Old 07-24-2006, 08:39 AM
B!tch We Got a Problem

Get a different car if your unhappy!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:40 AM

yea,i get that sometimes too especially when the bish is throwing all these codes out of hell but there's just something about the max i really like maybe i like the fact most ppl call it as a " 4 door sports car" plus there's nothing better than smoking camaros,mustang, or watever in a 4 door grocery getter..so no matter i hate the max from time to time, deep inside i just love it and cant seems to let it go!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:18 AM

Its a great all around car but I'm in the market this year to upgrade.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:49 AM

If you want the fastest car, then go buy the fastest car. Its not about having the fastest car with a max. Maxs can kick other cars around the block, but can steal be beat. But, your getting wayyyy better gas milage. Plus it looks good stock, and with some mods it looks even better. It lasts forever, as mine is at 203k and still running great. If you want a faster car, go buy one. As for me, I love my car to death, and until it gets too expensive to keep then I'll sell it. And buy another max.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:08 AM

i love mine, even though the ac doesn't work, odometer/tripometer doesn't work, tach doesn't work, makes a loud *** whining noise, hood is bashed up, missing a fog and corner light, rear spoiler light doesn't work has a bad 02 sensor and cylinder 4 sometimes misfires. Other than that it's a great car and honestly all these problems are things I could fix...if I had more $$$ haha It will get me thru college tho. had it for 6 years and have more than a 1/4 million miles on it. don't know exactly cause the odometer has been broken for a while. lol I'm strongly considering buying another one when this dies tho...
Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I love my 95 Max. Although I wish I could afford to have some minor body work and paint done.. oh yeah and a 3.5 engine.

Think about it for $3,000 you can have the same 3.5L engine as the new Nissans. Thats a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a G35, Altima, Maxima, etc. And I still think my 95 interior beats the interiors of these newer cars.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:30 AM

It's a love/hate relationship. On bad days I want to slap a for sale sign on it and upgrade to something newer and nicer. Then on other days I can't bear the thought of parting with it. Mine has 216,000 mi, is in great condition inside and out, and it never misses a beat. It's been garaged it's whole life and has never been smoked in. I'd feel guilty to let it go to someone else who probably wouldn't take care of it as well as I have.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:57 AM
vsamoylov

everybody has those times when they are unhappy with their current car. i even have those days and i have those days becaus of all the things i want to do to my maxima but cannot afford it at the momment. life is not fair get used to it.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:09 PM

I am still happy with my grocery hauler .
Old 07-24-2006, 12:32 PM

im unhappy with it cause its automatic, white, and needs body work. none i can change/fix because i dont have any money. i get out of school in 7 months and then will be workin in a shop and hopefully making enough money to finance a car or something. ive put probably about $4500 into my max and i paid $6800 for it. i dunno about for everyone else, but that just doesnt seem worth it to me.

too bad i didnt have much of a choice when i baught it =/ ....ive also learned to NEVER buy an auction car.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:52 PM

Wow,its kinda funny cause I could have bought a newer car but chose to buy the max,when I was 16 I wanted a new 95 max sooo bad but couldnt afford one then.After a dozen or so cars since then,I'm 28 now, I was looking to get back into a car after most of my recent vehicles were SUV's,an Expedition being the last and with gas prices the way they are now and a baby on the way, I had to ditch it.Thought about the max right away and wanted to take the money and put it down on a new max but payments arent what I was loking for and I came across the the 97...fell in love.Bought it about 2 months ago and havent been able to do any of the little mods I would like to but this site has shown me soo much stuff I cant make my mind up yet about where to start.She dont look fancy,its an automatic with 180,000 on her but the interior is pristine and exterior is about 90% clean...it was garaged and 1005 when I got it but I live in South Philly so people have harsh methods of parking so I have a few scuffs on the bumpers but other than that I love it. She needs a knock sensor and an axle boot,maybe an axle by now,been clicking for a few weeks but I absolutely love it.This is the coolest forum Ive seen for max's,I'm not sure what the actual color is called but its beige like,no wing,which I really want,the stock one not some top fuel looking thing and would like to get some better shoes for it,nothing chrome as thats not my taste but something in a 17,maybe a satin finish.Well sorry for rambling as I'm new to here but just my 2 cents
Old 07-24-2006, 01:07 PM
vsamoylov

Originally Posted by Godson
Wow,its kinda funny cause I could have bought a newer car but chose to buy the max,when I was 16 I wanted a new 95 max sooo bad but couldnt afford one then.After a dozen or so cars since then,I'm 28 now, I was looking to get back into a car after most of my recent vehicles were SUV's,an Expedition being the last and with gas prices the way they are now and a baby on the way, I had to ditch it.Thought about the max right away and wanted to take the money and put it down on a new max but payments arent what I was loking for and I came across the the 97...fell in love.Bought it about 2 months ago and havent been able to do any of the little mods I would like to but this site has shown me soo much stuff I cant make my mind up yet about where to start.She dont look fancy,its an automatic with 180,000 on her but the interior is pristine and exterior is about 90% clean...it was garaged and 1005 when I got it but I live in South Philly so people have harsh methods of parking so I have a few scuffs on the bumpers but other than that I love it. She needs a knock sensor and an axle boot,maybe an axle by now,been clicking for a few weeks but I absolutely love it.This is the coolest forum Ive seen for max's,I'm not sure what the actual color is called but its beige like,no wing,which I really want,the stock one not some top fuel looking thing and would like to get some better shoes for it,nothing chrome as thats not my taste but something in a 17,maybe a satin finish.Well sorry for rambling as I'm new to here but just my 2 cents
talk about a newbie. just messing aroudn with you man.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:42 PM

I want to sell it right now actually......

Originally Posted by Godson
Footnotes
Old 07-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Brain phuck

order a nx wet kit. dont tell your friends you have it, and next time they casually hit the gas and go to pass you like they always do, you just hit the switch : and give them a nice suprise as you **** all over them You'll have them all getting tuneups thinking that something is wrong with their car.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:04 PM

Sometimes I feel the same way, but I think i love the maxima so much because not so many people have it. I like having something unique. Once I make alot of money, Im gonna get more cars, but I wanna make the max super clean and fast. I always dream about insane things, like doing a skyline conversion, making it look like the 4 door skylines. rear wheel drive. Or trying to put a 97 240sx front end on, or skyline. I dont even know if that ****s possible, but its would be awesome to do crazy stuff to it and inspire other people to buy a car that isn't known as a sports car.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by smotz
order a nx wet kit. dont tell your friends you have it, and next time they casually hit the gas and go to pass you like they always do, you just hit the switch : and give them a nice suprise as you **** all over them You'll have them all getting tuneups thinking that something is wrong with their car.
Love your simple ideas

But to the person that made this thread, please don't post these thread. There has been past thread about the same topic.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:35 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

you cant ever catch the maxima.......you can only hope to contain it.....

seriously i love my car....ive owned transams - they dont have the class
ive owned bimmers - they dont have the heart they feel cold
ive never had the pleasure of mercedes -

with the right tuning and combo of parts.....the finish lines the limit....
Old 07-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by gmax96
im with u but im keeping my grocery getter and my next ride would be an RS4.
make sure you drive the **** out of it while its under warranty then sell it real quick.. or just lease one. Audi's break All The Time.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by seanish4042
my maxima has turned me into a nissan/infiniti guy for life.
my next car is a G35c. parents have an auto and I want the manual awesome car. well that or a low mileage 3.5 swap.

Quick Reply: WhOs Unhappy with their car????