Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Timeslips Members Parts Guide Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 07-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #1

How it works??? Factory Alarm in 1998 Maxima GLE

I have a 98 Maxima GLE and it came with a factory alarm. I did a search on the internet but couldn't really find a good explanantion of what the alarm does? Like cut off the starter motor, does it just make noise, does the car have a kill switch. Anyone here know what it does or could point me to a website that explains it? I really want to know what it does cause if it isn't too good I might get aftermarket alarm installed.
Also I was told since I don't have the keyless entry remote that if the alarm goes off I won't be able to stop it without the remote, but I read if you use the key to lock/unlock the door that the alarm will stop. Is this correct?

Thanks for anyhelp.
rrama0257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #2

im not sure about your car but my 98 i 30 has this anti theft feature where if the car is locked and you manually unlock it from inside or if you grab the handle on the passenger side when you are unlocking it with the key the doors wont unlock
romerocnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #3

I think my car has that, not 100% sure.
rrama0257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #4

I have a 97 and the manual had it in there......like someone else said if the door is unlocked manually while the alarm is active and the key has not been used to unlock it,it will sound the horn and flash the lights,but will reset itsel after 1 or 2 minutes...I dont remember.Also if the trunk or hood is comprimised while active it will do the same. Also the car will not start,even with the key in it,until you have used the key to manually unlock the door from outside. I'm sorry my description is lenghty,little tired.
Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I know my 95 alarm will go off sometimes if I use the key. And thats the only time it will go off.

Go figure.
whitegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:27 PM   #6
Black Maxima

Viper 791 FTMFW!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:51 PM   #7
VIP Maxima

no 4th gen maxima has factory alarm. its just a keyless entry system. no theft features except if ur hood or doors are opened, then alarm goes off. nothing to stop the thief !
Old 07-18-2006, 04:20 AM   #8
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Points: 5,600, Level: 48 Points: 5,600, Level: 48 Points: 5,600, Level: 48
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My car won't start if the alarm goes of in my 98 GLE until I turn the alarm off. Not starting will stop a thief.
Goofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #9
Donating i30 Owner

Points: 10,379, Level: 67 Points: 10,379, Level: 67 Points: 10,379, Level: 67
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to HomerMAC
...1 of my i30s has a hornet... 1 is all stocker 5speed... shhh... dont tell anyone its stock...
HomerMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:17 AM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement