4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Keyless Entry

I have a 97, and my keyless entry does not work. I have tried the remote on another car, and it works. When I do the "new remote procedure" the lights flash when i put the key in and out, but, they don't flash when I push the button on the remote. Anyone have experience with this?

thanks.kat.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:02 PM

Did the remote ever work with your car? On the 97 GXE and maybe some SEs the keyless entry was not a standard item. It was part of the comfort and conveniece package. Other items in that package included a power seat on the drivers side, a factory alarm system, a power trunk opener in the door handle, and a power antenna. If your car doesn't have these items then it probably doesn't have the keyless entry either.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:42 PM

Look in the trunk on the passenger side behind the trunk liner on the left side. If there is a silver box then you have remote entry. That is you receiver for your remote.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

THe reciever did work at one time. I think it died about the time a local radio shop put a stereo in. Is there any wiring around the radio that is also used by the remote?
Old 04-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My keyless entry stoped working 3 days ago! I need help...i have the programming instructions and i have tried over 20 times programming it. I bought the remote from ebay and it has been working for more than one year without problems. My brother used my car once and the steering wheel was locked and he couldnt figure out what was making the ignition key not turn so he put in the key several times and Im thinking that has caused it. Below is what happens:
When i put in the key more that 6 times within 10 sec with doors locked nothing happens and if i proceed to the next step which is turning the key to the acc position and pressing the lock button on the remote the hazard lights flash twice and finally when i open the door to exit out of the programming mode and i try the keyless entry nothing happens! and for some reason my security light on the left side of the steering doesnt work at all..It has been working since one year...please help.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:45 AM

Did you check the battery in your remote?
Old 04-30-2006, 10:54 AM

I bet its what Maximaman10 said, batteries.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by katmandoes
THe reciever did work at one time. I think it died about the time a local radio shop put a stereo in. Is there any wiring around the radio that is also used by the remote?
The BCM is behind the radio, possibly knocked something loose?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:22 PM

Check your fuses. Most likely nothing happened with the wires. The audio people wouldnt be f'n with those wires anyway. Check fuses and batteries.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:05 PM

He checked it on another car and said it works, so it cant be the remote. And he cant be doing the procedure wrong. So either he doesnt have the control box, or its malfunctioning.
Originally Posted by rl2880
I bet its what Maximaman10 said, batteries.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 97 maxima gle and as i said before the first time the hazard light do not flash and the second time i turn the key to acc. and hit the lock button on the remote they flash ...meaning the batteries are still working in the remote. but i found something new today ...i tried to disconnect the car battery so it can reset everything and when i locked the doors and inserted the key in 6 time the lights flashed!(it didnt do that before) and i proceeded to putting the key in the acc position and pressed the remote button and the hazard lights flash as they did before, so then to finally exit out of the prog mode i took out the key and manually opened the driverside door and exited the car and when i tried the remote it still didn't work!! what am i doing wrong. One more thing i have to disconnect the car battery every time when i try to reprogram it or else my hazard light do not flesh after putting the key in over 6 times in the ignition. Please any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Ichiban King

alright guys I have no remote but am thinking about purchasing one right..okay. I have the little red rectangle with the red bulb which signals to me that I have an alarm. Well all I want is for someone to tell me where EXACTLY that reciever box is, is it infront of the power antenna module up there mounted to the frame or what?..
Old 05-01-2006, 11:32 AM

If i recall, you have to manually unlock the drivers side door before you hit the lock button on the remote. Maybe thats what you're missing? All doors should be locked before doing this.
Originally Posted by keyur86
I have a 97 maxima gle and as i said before the first time the hazard light do not flash and the second time i turn the key to acc. and hit the lock button on the remote they flash ...meaning the batteries are still working in the remote. but i found something new today ...i tried to disconnect the car battery so it can reset everything and when i locked the doors and inserted the key in 6 time the lights flashed!(it didnt do that before) and i proceeded to putting the key in the acc position and pressed the remote button and the hazard lights flash as they did before, so then to finally exit out of the prog mode i took out the key and manually opened the driverside door and exited the car and when i tried the remote it still didn't work!! what am i doing wrong. One more thing i have to disconnect the car battery every time when i try to reprogram it or else my hazard light do not flesh after putting the key in over 6 times in the ignition. Please any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Keyless entry is WORKING!!

Hi, guys thanks for everything...If your keyless entry is not programming...i have a solution for you and its proven because it worked for me! All you have to do is disconnect your car battery for a couple of hours and let the charge in your antitheft and keyless entry module drain down by itselft.. then try to connect the battery and try out your remote...It worked for me perfectly. Hope this helps others out there with similar problems. If the remote doesnt work try reprogramming it, it should program fine. :-)
Old 02-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Can I upgrade?

So I have determined that I don't have a keyless entry module, but I have a remote from my last Maxima. Can I get one (I'm thinking...junkyard)? Is it "Plug N Play", or do wires need to be run?

Thanks.

--mobrien
Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by mobrien
So I have determined that I don't have a keyless entry module, but I have a remote from my last Maxima. Can I get one (I'm thinking...junkyard)? Is it "Plug N Play", or do wires need to be run?

Thanks.

--mobrien
You need to wire it....
Old 02-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Further...

Do you think I get a wire bundle/harness out of a junkyard car and run it from X (central computer/peripheral computer/whatever) to a "reused" keyless entry module?

My other option is to use an autozone keyless entry module and wire it myself. I'm trying to figure out the easiest way. (This is going to be my fiancee's birthday present)

Thanks,

--mobrien
Old 02-06-2007, 08:28 PM

I think it will be frustrating going through the wire harness...best bet is prob the autolock system?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:27 PM

if you have no system, then go to the store and get a security system. It's better than stock. More expensive but worth it IMO. I'm still waiting to get a nice alarm system.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:37 PM

is it expensive to get a new remote? mines pretty worn out.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

eBay

Just eBay the remote:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...tSearch=Search

$30 is reasonable, incl. shipping.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Autolock system?

Originally Posted by NismoFrk
I think it will be frustrating going through the wire harness...best bet is prob the autolock system?
What is "the autolock system"?
Old 02-10-2007, 04:11 PM

just wondering... my keyless remote for my 95 maxima didnt come with a battery in it. it looks like a 3 volt but does anyone know exactly what battery it takes?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:05 PM

3v. CR 2025
Old 02-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Keyless entry

What's up guys?

A friend of mine gave me his old remote from a Maxima he used to own. What are the steps to program it to my '99 Maxima? Thanks.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by JuanMax
What's up guys?

A friend of mine gave me his old remote from a Maxima he used to own. What are the steps to program it to my '99 Maxima? Thanks.
I believe they state it in the owners manual. If not there read the stickies...
Old 02-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I went through the whole manual and found nothing... What stickies?
Old 02-27-2007, 04:16 PM

OK, then it is in the stickies...they are the fourms that are "sticky" and remain posted at the top of each fourm topic. Ill try and find it but you should read through all of them. They are filled with useful information that will keep you from asking dumb noob question. Just a heads up.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:18 PM

I've bought new keyless entry remotes for my car, how do I program them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replacing Remote Controller or Multi-Remote Control Unit (LCU05)

Enter the identity (ID) code manually when:

-remote controller or multi-remote control unit LCU05 is replaced.
-an additional remote controller is activated.

ID Code Entry Procedure

To enter the ID code, follow this procedure.

Entering "Setting mode":
(1) Close and lock all doors.

(2) Insert and remove the key from the ignition more than six times within 10 seconds. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash twice.) At this time, the original ID codes are eliminated.

ID code entry:
(3) Turn ignition key to "ACC" position.

(4) Push lock button on the new remote controller once (for example, if door is locked using the remote controller during this ID code entry enable state, a new ID code can be entered). At this time, the new ID code is entered. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash twice.)

Additional ID code entry
(5) If you need to activate additional remote controllers, unlock the driver's door, then lock again with door lock ****.

(6) Push lock button on the additional new remote controller once.

(7) This ID code entry enable state and setting mode remain until the driver's door is opened.

NOTE
If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat the procedure "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller.
If the same ID code that exists in the memory is input, the hazard warning lamps will flash twice but the entry will be ignored.
Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more will be ignored.
Any ID codes entered after termination of the "setting mode" will not be accepted. Additionally remote control signals will be inhibited when an ID code has not been entered during the "setting" mode.

Linkage: http://home.earthlink.net/~maxfaq/ma...nce.htm#Remote

Credit: Spritemax

Here you go...This is from the 4th gen FAQ's. You will get a lot of good info that you may need to know sometime about your 4th gen. Good luck and welcome to the site.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I tried what you sent me like 3 times but for some reason it ain't working, the hazard warning lamp never flashed. Thanks for replying to my question.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by JuanMax
I tried what you sent me like 3 times but for some reason it ain't working, the hazard warning lamp never flashed. Thanks for replying to my question.
No problem. May I ask is the remote from a 4th gen Maxima? If it is from another generation, that could be your problem right there.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:09 AM
Avw
Newbie - Just Registered

CR 2025?

What's the difference between a 3v CR 2025 and a 3v CR 2032?
I ask because I have recently got a 4th Gen Max and the keyless remote was not working, when I opened it I saw a CR 2032 battery in there.
I was wondering, could the battery "fry" the remote? I brought a CR 2025 but the remote fails to transmit a signal, I opened the remote but don't see any visible damage.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:34 AM

Is it just me, or did this thread start out as one person's question and it's now just a free-for-all about remotes and alarms? it seems like a ton of people just started hijacking this thread....

weird.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:02 AM
Avw
Newbie - Just Registered

With all due respect,
The first person got their question answered and the other posts have been on topic. A lot of people with similar problems, it's got to be better than having lots of threads saying the same thing.

Originally Posted by keyur86
Hi, guys thanks for everything...If your keyless entry is not programming...i have a solution for you and its proven because it worked for me! All you have to do is disconnect your car battery for a couple of hours and let the charge in your antitheft and keyless entry module drain down by itselft.. then try to connect the battery and try out your remote...It worked for me perfectly. Hope this helps others out there with similar problems. If the remote doesnt work try reprogramming it, it should program fine. :-)
This here is an excellent post!!!
(if it works for me, I'll try after work )