4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ptatohed's "interior decorating" (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 PM

Hey Earlier in the post I see you mentioned you had manumatic is there anyway you can enlighten me to how you did it or direct me to the post about it
Old 03-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hondawhat?
Hey Earlier in the post I see you mentioned you had manumatic is there anyway you can enlighten me to how you did it or direct me to the post about it
This is not something you just "do"... It was a custom made kit with some wiring and a black box, and a LED screen so you know what gear you're in. Only 5 or 6 were ever made. One is for sale in the For Sale section right now. Look up a guy named Slimer, he's selling it. It's an extremely rare piece.

Search for manumatic with the free search to learn more about it. Should be easy to find with the limited number of threads about it Good luck.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:12 PM

not sure why you needed to ask that and bring a year old thread back when it's in the thread. There is no manumatic in this thread. It was a reference that it looks like a manual but is an automatic. Manumatic is actually having the option in D to shift the auto. Not part of these mods...please do some reading next time. And as Wizard said, Slimer is selling one in the FS forum. Expensive to buy since you can make your own. Well some have made their own 3spd shifter. 4th gear is still being worked out.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Cdg2125
not sure why you needed to ask that and bring a year old thread back when it's in the thread. There is no manumatic in this thread. It was a reference that it looks like a manual but is an automatic. Manumatic is actually having the option in D to shift the auto. Not part of these mods...please do some reading next time. And as Wizard said, Slimer is selling one in the FS forum. Expensive to buy since you can make your own. Well some have made their own 3spd shifter. 4th gear is still being worked out.
Actually, Ptatohed has a quote "manumatic" as well. Although it's not a true manumatic, it simulate's one. See post #2 and #42.

EDIT: Nevermind CDG, I see you're one of the original posters.... Cheers.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:49 PM

Im sorry to bring this back but I have been trying to find info about it and I found this referance to it but thanks for the info
Old 03-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by ptatohed
O.k., I hope the following pictures answer any questions about the fake face. If you guys still have questions, feel free to ask.

wow that a pretty neat idea of hiding your navi with the fake face. i never wanted to invest in a new double din because of fear it would get jacked. i know they had detachable double din at one time but i heard they dont make them anymore. so you just pretty much sit the fake face over the existing kenwood? Great idea!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:22 AM

Man you are freakin awesome, I just browsed thru the pictures so far and I am thoroughly impressed with your work. You're doing some James Bond type sh*t there, and thats what I call a "Jedi mind trick" mod.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:08 AM

so, i was doing the shift **** mod and i accidently dropped one of the screws for the new **** assembly into the pole that holds the skinny bar and now its preventing me from shifting.

I would really appriciate some help on the matter.
From anyone.

Thanks,
Old 07-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by maximarozin
so, i was doing the shift **** mod and i accidently dropped one of the screws for the new **** assembly into the pole that holds the skinny bar and now its preventing me from shifting.

I would really appriciate some help on the matter.
From anyone.

Thanks,
Ouch, that hurts. I'm not sure what to tell you. The first thing I would try is to stick one of those long, skinny, antenna-like magentic tools down there to see if you can pull the screw back up. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 PM

Ouch, that hurts. I'm not sure what to tell you. The first thing I would try is to stick one of those long, skinny, antenna-like magentic tools down there to see if you can pull the screw back up. Good luck.

Is there a way to remove the pole without disassmbling my whole car?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:59 PM

try to suck it up w/ ur vac or w/ ur mouth........
Old 07-26-2007, 01:11 PM

its stuck pretty well in there. so i dont think that the magnet or or the vacuum will work.
but i will get my girl to try and suck it up wit her mouth, just for fun!
Old 07-28-2007, 08:24 PM

is it possible to leave the white piece that the stock button uses?
or is it needed to put the new shift **** on?
btw: i got the pilot impulse **** from autozone for 20$ and saw a couple more.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by maximarozin
is it possible to leave the white piece that the stock button uses?
or is it needed to put the new shift **** on?
btw: i got the pilot impulse **** from autozone for 20$ and saw a couple more.
I'm sure you can find a way to if you're not cutting it. I'm sure you can figure that out without the help of people on here.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Lil' bit more than Newbie

Gorgeous freakin gorgeous!! Congrats on all your hard work!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Wild for Width

Grrrrrrrrrave digger!

No0b bumpage aside, I think this (push down) is one of the best mods for auto guys.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 PM

will someone take a look at my thread here
about rewiring my CF Led Tails?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:37 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally Posted by 2themax99
will someone take a look at my thread here
about rewiring my CF Led Tails?
DIAF newb. Don't go whoring your thread around if peeps wanna look they will.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 PM

can we make a forum rule to ban newbs who bring back these year old threads to post worthless stuff? Should be something
Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 AM

I have some good news for those of you who are still looking for one of those impulse shift *****. I just found 3 on ebay and I bought one, so there are 2 still up for sale.
it's $8.88 with shipping.
It's in a different box, but it looks like the same exact item.

here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pilot...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-20-2007, 12:48 AM

o Sh*t I just realized that this is an old thead. lol
Well, I hoped my input helps someone
Old 11-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by Olezhka
I have some good news for those of you who are still looking for one of those impulse shift *****. I just found 3 on ebay and I bought one, so there are 2 still up for sale.
it's $8.88 with shipping.
It's in a different box, but it looks like the same exact item.

here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pilot...QQcmdZViewItem
Yup, that's it. That's an incredible price too!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Black Lion

This is what I did to get rid of the minute wobble Cdg. I put electrical tape on the metal adaptor. The fixed metal part which goes over the plastic adaptor which goes over the pole and gets screwed in by the set-screws. You know how there are "tracks" at the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position? Well, I put my tape at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock position. Litterally 3 pieces of tape. 2 was not enough and 4 was too much. I know this is extremely neurotic but since 3 is an odd number, I put 2 on the left and 1 on the right figuring it would push my shifter to the left (one electrical tape thickness - lol) since our shifter is already right-heavy. I then smeared some high temp greese on the fixed part and the outside of the tape. Works totally awesome now, no complaints.
there are a lot of questions on swapping out your stock shifter here a lot of mine are answered. Except two questions. Im looking into getting the Momo Combat Evo shifter but it states its for manuel (im auto) and doesn't list anything about it having a spring in the shifter to push down to shift does it matter? As for the boot I didn't want one but I think it would look funny with this type of shifter to not have one. Why wouldn't the boot cover the whole PRND part? it should be large enough to just lay over it all and have it tucked in place. Am I wrong here? oh that's three questions.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Wow this is a fairly old thread. I can honestly say though, I dont like the fuzzy pillars. My 3rd gen came with the fuzzy pillars and I got replaced them with the plastic ones, looks much classier and sleeker IMO.

I like what you did with the Delco headunit, I was thinking of doing the same 2 years ago but with a spare bose headunit for my AVIC D3 navigation unit.. hm I've actually got 5 bad BOSE units I can start making covers for sale
Old 09-11-2009, 12:44 PM

Wowzers u hab eh nize interia! I wub it! Altho I can t seam teh find any interia swaper tings lkie u eye tink it iz propably 2 herd 4 meh anyweh.

Oh and by the way I love your car by the way, bringing the white theme to the max!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by maxprivate
there are a lot of questions on swapping out your stock shifter here a lot of mine are answered. Except two questions. Im looking into getting the Momo Combat Evo shifter but it states its for manuel (im auto) and doesn't list anything about it having a spring in the shifter to push down to shift does it matter? As for the boot I didn't want one but I think it would look funny with this type of shifter to not have one. Why wouldn't the boot cover the whole PRND part? it should be large enough to just lay over it all and have it tucked in place. Am I wrong here? oh that's three questions.
Hi maxprivate. If it's for manual only, then no, it won't work with an automatic. Look for one that states auto or manual and auto. I'm not sure what you mean by why wouldn't the boot cover the whole PRND part. It does.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Black Lion

Hi maxprivate. If it's for manual only, then no, it won't work with an automatic. Look for one that states auto or manual and auto. I'm not sure what you mean by why wouldn't the boot cover the whole PRND part. It does.
As for the PRND what I meant was why did you choose to remove it since the boot will cover it? None of the MOMO shifters state whether they are for manuel or automatic. Maybe they can be used for either or? I dont see why it would matter, doesnt the shifter bolt on the inner rod anyway? hence you would be able to push the shifter down to change gears because its secure to it? Or does the shifter bolt on to the outer rod?

Last edited by maxprivate; 05-21-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:08 PM

Cool Ride.
Just need chrome doors, lol.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:31 AM
I need a truck

Looks good
Old 09-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Black Lion

Momo shift ****

I asked the seller if the Momo sihft **** can be used for auto and he said if my shifter doesnt have a button then yes. But none of the Momo shifters I see on their website have a button for their shift *****. Josh what is it about the shift **** you have that allows you to use it? i dont see a button on that shift **** you are using. Since I know it will now need to be pushed down to shift cant I just get a cylinder type tube thats big enough to slide over the cut outter rod and the other end of the rod small enough to slide the shift **** on and tightned the set screws?

While making sure the shift **** will slide up and down since its big enough to move up down on the outer rod thus, allowing you to push the inner rod down while pushing on the top of the shift **** to change gears.

Last edited by maxprivate; 05-21-2010 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Licensed to Spell

I asked the seller if the Momo sihft **** can be ued for auto and he said if my shifter doesnt have a button then yes. But none of the Momo shifters I see on their website have a button for their shift *****. Josh what is about the shift **** you have that allows you to use it? i dont see a button on that shift **** you are using. Since I know it will now need to be pushed down to shift cant I just get a cylinder type tube thats big enough to slide over the cut outter rod and the other end of the rod small enough to slide the shift **** on and tightned the set screws?

While making sure the shift **** will slide up and down since its big enough to move up down on the outer rod thus allowing you to push the inner rod down while pushing on the top of the shift **** to change gears.
Lenny, it's hard to explain but, you know the button on the OEM shifter that we push with our thumb (horizontal button on the left side)? It, in turn, has a 45^ plastic end which pushes a vertical rod in our shifter pole which also has a 45^ end. When you push the button in horizontally, it then pushes down on the inner rod vertically, allowing you to shift. When you swap the OEM side button shifter to an aftermarket "push down" shifter, you are essentially ditching the thumb (horizontal) button and the two 45^ plastic ends and you are now pushing directly down on the vertical rod via pushing down on the shifter. It isn't the outer rod you are pushing down (if it were, than a manual **** would work), it's the inner rod you push down. So, you'll need a spring loaded shift ****. It's hard to explain in words, hopefully that helps.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 AM
Black Lion

Lenny, it's hard to explain but, you know the button on the OEM shifter that we push with our thumb (horizontal button on the left side)? It, in turn, has a 45^ plastic end which pushes a vertical rod in our shifter pole which also has a 45^ end. When you push the button in horizontally, it then pushes down on the inner rod vertically, allowing you to shift. When you swap the OEM side button shifter to an aftermarket "push down" shifter, you are essentially ditching the thumb (horizontal) button and the two 45^ plastic ends and you are now pushing directly down on the vertical rod via pushing down on the shifter. It isn't the outer rod you are pushing down (if it were, than a manual **** would work), it's the inner rod you push down. So, you'll need a spring loaded shift ****. It's hard to explain in words, hopefully that helps.
yes I completely understand I have been reading a lot about this but Im having a really hard time believe it or not finding a spring loaded shift **** for auto. Most I find are either for manuel only or gate shift auto. What I was trying to explain was if I could rig one up to work. I know its the inner rod that needs to be pushed down but was wondering if there was a way to get any shift **** without a push button to work by adding a spring myself and coming up with an adaptor to slide over the outer rod. It would be set up so the shift **** locks (via set screws) on the outer rod and when I PUSH DOWN the spring I install would engage the innner rod.

Sounds like that would work? if not then I guess these spring loaded shift ***** are my only option? Can you direct me to where I can find some nice one similar to the style you have?
Old 05-01-2010, 01:43 AM

I know this thread is old but I finally did mine
Old 05-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by K-Ryder
You did what? Pictures?
Old 05-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by K-Ryder
there's only about 14 different things Ptatohed listed in his first post.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Black Lion

Momo Evo shift ****

ptatohed's "interior decorating" (pics)-ebrake-1.jpg
Ptatohed, Its been a while but I got my shift **** to work. No, Im not a manuel and with the mod I did you will be able to use any type of shift ****.

btw the way the E-brake handle was a breeze to install. Thanks for the info Wiz and potatohead.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Licensed to Spell

Attachment 1637
Ptatohed, Its been a while but I got my shift **** to work. No, Im not a manuel and with the mod I did you will be able to use any type of shift ****.

btw the way the E-brake handle was a breeze to install. Thanks for the info Wiz and potatohead.
Good job MP. Everything looks really good. I like your seats a lot. What's that do-dad to the right of your shifter?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Black Lion

Good job MP. Everything looks really good. I like your seats a lot. What's that do-dad to the right of your shifter?
Thanks, I installed everything myself. That device to the right is the auto lock shifter by Multi Lock . I know it doesn't look the best but I had it installed after my car was stolen back in 98. I had it ever since, I put to much money in this car to have it stolen again. Did you ever get your cluster with the gear display to work?
Old 05-22-2010, 08:20 AM

Attachment 1637

The red thread on the leather is so cool. Did you do it yourself on the stock seats?

Quick Reply: ptatohed's "interior decorating" (pics)