4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

a bicycle smashed my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:01 AM

a bicycle smashed my car

its hard to explain. basically some dumb**** on a bike was going opposite the direction of traffic as i was turning on to a side street. there fore i was not looking in the opposite direction of traffic. so i turn on to the sidestreet and the next thing i know my drivers side window shatters onto my face.
nobody was hurt AT ALL. but this is the thing. he didnt speak english.( FUHCK!!!) SO i got a ****ed up car and thats it. We decided (me and my parents) calling the police would only end in his favor, unless he was an illegal alien or on drugs or something.
my drivers side door has some huge dents. the tint on my window that i just bought a month ago saved my face because the glas completely shattered and it kept most of it together.. So drivers side window broke. The drivers side mirror broke completely off the bracket flew INTO MY CAR and all the way through and scratched my passenger window and passenger door panel.
my WINDSHEILD has some HUGE cracks.
his bicycle was completely fine.

so i guess the first thing to do is fix my window and hope my window regulator isnt broken. and fix the mirror to make my car driveable. i just dont know how much these things will cost.
how much will a mirror cost for a GLE? the bracket looks like it could be messed up so i dont know if i need that.
and how much would a drivers side window glass cost?
alright i guess thats all, i knwo the windsheild price will be rediculous so i wont even ask right now
Old 07-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Banned

****,thats gotta suck, he gets away with only being hit by a car. and u have to pay for all the damages.
"nobody was hurt AT ALL. but this is the thing. he didnt speak english.( FUHCK!!!) SO i got a ****ed up car and thats it. We decided (me and my parents) calling the police would only end in his favor, unless he was an illegal alien or on drugs or something."
LMAO
Old 07-03-2005, 08:07 AM

get on the phone with a junk yard for the mirror and go through your insurance for the glass!
Old 07-03-2005, 08:08 AM

but will my insurance cover that tkind of thing?? thats waht i havent figured out
edit- imgonna call a junkyard , i hope their open
Old 07-03-2005, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by goldtooth
****,thats gotta suck, he gets away with only being hit by a car. and u have to pay for all the damages.
"nobody was hurt AT ALL. but this is the thing. he didnt speak english.( FUHCK!!!) SO i got a ****ed up car and thats it. We decided (me and my parents) calling the police would only end in his favor, unless he was an illegal alien or on drugs or something."
LMAO
thats exactly what i said. he was quiet the whole time, like nothing happened. smoking a cigarette. i think he was illegal and scared we'd call the cops. after all...i do live in texas.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:18 AM

your insurance should cover the glass without a problem. Hopefully you can find the mirror at a junkyard for cheap too. I would of took his bike! lol
Old 07-03-2005, 08:19 AM

Was he not driving the bicycle on the wrong side of the road? Although you hit him he was driving towards oncoming traffic, rather than with traffic and may be he would be held responsible for the accident. You were perhaps too late letting him off.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by rmurdoch
Was he not driving the bicycle on the wrong side of the road? Although you hit him he was driving towards oncoming traffic, rather than with traffic and may be he would be held responsible for the accident. You were perhaps too late letting him off.
that is exactly what i said. he was driving on the opposite side of traffic on a highway. which is why i wanst looking in that direction. but we didnt want to take the chances that the cop would be an ******* and tell me i'm supposed to look out for pedestrians.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:28 AM

Cant you just tell ur insurance that ur car got vandelized or something over night? Or that a bike ran into your parked car...
Old 07-03-2005, 08:31 AM

yeah thats insurance fraud, i donno if i want to get into that.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:33 AM

but as far as mirrors, now im considering upgrading to those mirrors with the led blinker things, but i dont see them for sale for a maxima.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:35 AM

They would probably be able to tell that the car was moving.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:38 AM

They would probably be able to tell that the car was moving.
yeah they arent idiots, im not gonna even try that. i just wonder if they will really pay for my glass to be fixed without much of a hassle.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:44 AM

Of course they'll pay that's what insurance is for. This is an accident. I'm not sure if your comprehensive insurance kicks in for the windshield and collision for the rest. So it may be a case of there being two deductibles - collision and comprehensive. I would argue that its an accident and only the collision deductible should be affected.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:47 AM

they wont care that i have no info about the guy or anything like that? i thought they'd want to look into and stuff.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by chillin014
they wont care that i have no info about the guy or anything like that? i thought they'd want to look into and stuff.
Don't worry about that. Were there any witnesses who provided their name and phone number. Just say the guy on the bike just kept on going or he wouldn't provide his name and took off. Its the same effect as if he was carrying no ID, which he probably wasn't, and lied to you about his name, address and phone number.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:46 AM

Don't worry about that. Were there any witnesses who provided their name and phone number. Just say the guy on the bike just kept on going or he wouldn't provide his name and took off. Its the same effect as if he was carrying no ID, which he probably wasn't, and lied to you about his name, address and phone number.
yes, some people stopped, and saw what happened. we have their phone number.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:48 AM

Just report the incident to your insurance company. You are worrying about nothing.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Doc
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How would you ever figure the guy would be let off the hook when he was clearly in the wrong? I never can understand logic like this and giving the police so little credit. Did you have something to hide?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:10 AM

i wasnt worried about him being "let off the hook" i was worried about getting a ticket. I've alreayd got a speeding ticket and i've only been driving 4 months.
and i dont think there is anyway to say "clearly he was in the wrong" Because from waht i understand pedestrians always have the right of way.
its too late to argue about it now, that guy was dirt poor and wouldnt even have been able to offer me anything anyway. and consider all the other legal issues taht could have come out of it. the guy had a bicycle with a radio bungee strapped onto it, come on, it wasnt worth it.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:16 AM

DAMN!

sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you find parts to replace.

www.car-part.com should have some parts or help out if you need to replace the whole door.

good luck PM me or im me if you have any questions or need any help.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:17 AM

thank you mdeezy, i appreciate your support. im gonna check out that website right now.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:21 AM

yeah thats insurance fraud, i donno if i want to get into that.
someone did vandalize your car..someone hit broke the glass when you werent looking...isnt that a good reason?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chipotle18
someone did vandalize your car..someone hit broke the glass when you werent looking...isnt that a good reason?
i was driving though. it was a collision where both of us were moving. i dont think they classify that as vandalism.
trust me, im gonna call my insurance company when they are open. i'm not saying i dont want money!
Old 07-03-2005, 10:24 AM

i got side swiped by this guy who couldnt speak a lick of english. not my fault in the slightest but i might have been like 10km over the limit, like anybody does.
his daughter had to translate and i fealt bad for bieng pissed off so i let it go.
i thought it was amazing that you dont need any english to drive on our roads. i think it should be a law that you need to atleast know some.
it sucks when you cant beak them off for bieng so careless!
Old 07-03-2005, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by dayglo
i got side swiped by this guy who couldnt speak a lick of english. not my fault in the slightest but i might have been like 10km over the limit, like anybody does.
his daughter had to translate and i fealt bad for bieng pissed off so i let it go.
i thought it was amazing that you dont need any english to drive on our roads. i think it should be a law that you need to atleast know some.
it sucks when you cant beak them off for bieng so careless!
hell yeah, that was what pissed me off the most. i think that should be required to live in the u.s.. I didnt have anyone to translate, and the guy looked like he was stressed out so i was like screw it.
i was just happy he wasnt bleeding or dead for that matter. because then i'd have to live with something far more than the damage to my car.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:29 AM

The guy on the bicycle was not a pedestrian, he was riding a bicyle and is required to follow the rules of the road.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:31 AM

The guy on the bicycle was not a pedestrian, he was riding a bicyle and is required to follow the rules of the road.
true, but what are the rules of the road? i certainly dont know them for bicycling and i didnt have time to find out. people ride their bikes on these highways around here often the cops dont seem to care, the people are lowlifes.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:40 AM

Bicycles are supposed to be on the right side of the road the same as cars. Theoretically, bicycle riders should use hand signals when turning. Were you never taught this?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:41 AM

Bicycles are supposed to be on the right side of the road the same as cars. Theoretically, bicycle riders should use hand signals when turning. Were you never taught this?
he wasnt turning...but yeha i agree he wasnt on the right side of the road. what can i do now?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:46 AM

Do the same bloody thing you've already been told! Contact the insurance company on Tuesday morning and in the mean time forget about it. And get the car fixed properly, paint and all. There is no need for you to be buying used parts.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:48 AM

Do the same bloody thing you've already been told! Contact the insurance company on Tuesday morning and in the mean time forget about it. And get the car fixed properly, paint and all. There is no need for you to be buying used parts.
okay, well i'll hold off on the parts then for now. its hard putting it out of my mind though. thanks for the help.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:21 AM

Well you can start forgetting about it by logging off the .org until you contact the insurance company. Is that possible or are you getting hooked?
Old 07-03-2005, 11:23 AM

Yeah, I've been hooked. I'm not on the org right now, don't worry.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:31 PM

i think that should be required to live in the u.s..
Complete ignorance.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Crockpot
Complete ignorance.
i dont think so. i think its completely ignorant to not know the language and live here.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:15 PM

i dont think so. i think its completely ignorant to not know the language and live here.
No, it's not ignorance.

How are you supposed to know english if you've only been here for a couple of months.

You dont learn overnight.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:13 PM

Land of the free??????????????
Old 07-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 96MillyS
No, it's not ignorance.

How are you supposed to know english if you've only been here for a couple of months.

You dont learn overnight.
I Agree that its completely ignorant that people think its ignorant for someone to be ignorant and live here, ignorance is bliss
Old 07-03-2005, 07:02 PM

whatever, thats yall's opinion. when your car is smashed by someone who doesnt speak english you'll understand. i dont give a **** how long you've been living in the u.s.
"land of the free" sure, free. and when someone thinks its free and they are driving a car without insurance and your completely ****ed we'll see how good you feel about that.
sorry to be defensive but maybe you just have to live around a bunch of illiterate trash before you can understand what an inconveinance it is.

Quick Reply: a bicycle smashed my car