4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

CF Hood Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Advocatus Diaboli

CF Hood Pics...

I have been searching for hours trying to find pictures of a CF hood on a black maxima. If anyone has any pictures from a decent distance please post. If i totally looked over a thread, send me a link. Thanks
Old 04-09-2005, 06:08 PM

check out the tread by joman he jus got a cf hood
Old 04-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Boosted Panda

Old 04-09-2005, 09:36 PM

ill have my pics up tomorow :-)
Old 04-14-2005, 08:07 AM

hey flavor, your car is dumped!! how far off the ground is it? must suck going over speed bumps.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Armani

CF hood is pointless to begin with. But whatever you like. I hope you plan on painting it. Otherwise it looks ghetto...unless of course it's for a black Max.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Maxed_Out_Maxma
hey flavor, your car is dumped!! how far off the ground is it? must suck going over speed bumps.

Its not as low as it appears. Im on Sprints, 2 in drop.
I do however have to be carfull going over speed bumps, leaving drive ways and what not due to the lip.
I have to take everything at an angle.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Armani
CF hood is pointless to begin with. But whatever you like. I hope you plan on painting it. Otherwise it looks ghetto...unless of course it's for a black Max.

yeah, yeah, yeah, Ive heard it all before..
Old 04-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Hey There Mr. Paperboy...

check out my pictures on my site...
Old 04-14-2005, 10:00 AM

i have a few more on my cardomain, bumper was put on at the same time, jus waiting for paint and then the stillen lip goes on at the time of paint.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Armani

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7
well you better get used to it because you'll hear it many more times. Unfortunately people know ghetto when they see ghetto. End of story.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:39 AM
2060lbs and falling...

Ehhh. 90% of the reason behind me getting a CF trunk was for weight saving. 10% is for the looks. So, since the primary reason for getting CF is weight saving what is the point of adding heavy paint? A coat of primer, a coat of color and two coats of clear would be at least 2lbs so that already decreases the value of CF products.

I will admit that I am disappointed with the wavy appearance of my trunklid. But at least leaving it unpainted gives me an excuse. If the surface were absolutely straight and true I would have painted it. But if I would have painted this one, people would've always told me, "Dude your trunk is all messed up."

So, instead I'll stick with the bare CF and people will say, "Dude, nice CF." I hope to have a hood soon to accompany it. Actually it looks nice. It blends well with the gunmetal SSR's and tinted windows. Definitely a panda look except with pebble beige.

Oh and since your blanket statement makes my car ghetto, its news to me that SSR C's are ghetto. LOL. Or a V1 blower for that matter. Or a 5Spd VLSD GLE. Would you like me to continue? I love it when people say thats ghetto because I get to call them out.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Boosted Panda

well you better get used to it because you'll hear it many more times. Unfortunately people know ghetto when they see ghetto. End of story.

Thats a new one, Ive never heard my car being refered to as ghetto before.
We all know what you say REALLY matters and will take it to heart.
Post some pics of your ride so we can get some pointers on how we should do things.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:50 AM
VK56 Inside

After seeing Flavors car in person, I can say with out a doubt that it is NOT ghetto. But everyone is entitled to opinions, and you know what they say about opinions. End of story.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Armani

Originally Posted by Broaner
Ehhh. 90% of the reason behind me getting a CF trunk was for weight saving. 10% is for the looks. So, since the primary reason for getting CF is weight saving what is the point of adding heavy paint? A coat of primer, a coat of color and two coats of clear would be at least 2lbs so that already decreases the value of CF products.

I will admit that I am disappointed with the wavy appearance of my trunklid. But at least leaving it unpainted gives me an excuse. If the surface were absolutely straight and true I would have painted it. But if I would have painted this one, people would've always told me, "Dude your trunk is all messed up."

So, instead I'll stick with the bare CF and people will say, "Dude, nice CF." I hope to have a hood soon to accompany it. Actually it looks nice. It blends well with the gunmetal SSR's and tinted windows. Definitely a panda look except with pebble beige.

Oh and since your blanket statement makes my car ghetto, its news to me that SSR C's are ghetto. LOL. Or a V1 blower for that matter. Or a 5Spd VLSD GLE. Would you like me to continue? I love it when people say thats ghetto because I get to call them out.
HAHA. Are you ******* kidding me?

2 freakin pounds?!?!?!? ROFL

I think you need to pull your head out of your a$$.
You people need to lay off drugs for a while and stop acting as though your Maxima is a Ferrari Enzo, where a 2 lbs increase in the front MIGHT influence its performance. Grow up. You are pathetic.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Boosted Panda

Definitely a panda look except with pebble beige.

Hey, thats my slogan ,...
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ht=panda+power
even more so once my trunk gets in
Old 04-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Always sunny in philly

HAHA. Are you ******* kidding me?

2 freakin pounds?!?!?!? ROFL

I think you need to pull your head out of your a$$.
You people need to lay off drugs for a while and stop acting as though your Maxima is a Ferrari Enzo, where a 2 lbs increase in the front MIGHT influence its performance. Grow up. You are pathetic.

doesn't look anything near "ghetto" to me. If you can style CF correctly, it looks great.

And you need to calm down a little with all the crap you talk.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Armani

Originally Posted by Nismotic

doesn't look anything near "ghetto" to me. If you can style CF correctly, it looks great.

And you need to calm down a little with all the crap you talk.

That's precisely what I said bozo I said it looks good when either a) it is painted or b) it is on a black Max. That's about the only way to "style it correctly" as you put it.

How about you make me calm down since you think I talk crap?

Old 04-14-2005, 01:31 PM
VK56 Inside

That's precisely what I said bozo I said it looks good when either a) it is painted or b) it is on a black Max. That's about the only way to "style it correctly" as you put it.

Didnt you get banned a little while ago for this same behavior? E-thug much????
Old 04-14-2005, 01:36 PM

the c.f. to me looks good on flavors ride and hes not done yet im sure, its called a work in progress. lets see your style. how can you say thats ghetto? do you get out enough?
Old 04-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Boosted Panda

That's about the only way to "style it correctly" as you put it.

So you say,..... which doesnt mean much.

95bkackmax18s: i know, c.f. to me looks good on flavors ride and hes not done yet im sure, its called a work in progress. lets see your style.
Trunk should be arriving soon, along with my MEVI cover.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:44 PM
THT
Throbbing member

Anyone have pics of a CF hood on a Deep Evergreen Max? I'm currently debating between buying a CF hood and buying an OEM hood.

~THT
Old 04-14-2005, 01:54 PM

Shut up tool bag, lord knows theres no such thing as weight reduction....jesus you noob's who come on here talking **** are really really sarting to get on my nerves, 90% of you ALL are freaking immature ******. I wish sprint would get pissed some day and ban you all. I REALLY wish the org could go back to the way it used to be ... useful advice..etc.. not a bunch of noob douche bags pretending like they are running the site. Burn in hell. Thanks.
-CM
Old 04-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Armani

Bottom line is this:

You can claim all you want that the CF this or that. I remember a few months back there was a huge thread regarding CF hoods on here. I also believe the thread had a poll. As expected, MOST people from the org stood by what I have said.

In addition, most, as I do, thought that the CF hood makes you look poor. If anything, it looks like this: “….oh man, sucks to be that guy for not having enough money to paint his hood”. Hence, many will consider it ghetto.

In the end, most orgers came to the conclusion that CF hood is a very poinless mod. Besides, most also thought that it looks bad UNLESS it is body color (e.g. painted). That is why I still say it looks ok on a black Max.

I really don’t have the link to this thread. But I’m not making it up. I’m sure people here remember and can hopefully link to it as I cannot search.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Boosted Panda

Bottom line is this:

You can claim all you want that the CF this or that. I remember a few months back there was a huge thread regarding CF hoods on here. I also believe the thread had a poll. As expected, MOST people from the org stood by what I have said.

In addition, most, as I do, thought that the CF hood makes you look poor. If anything, it looks like this: “….oh man, sucks to be that guy for not having enough money to paint his hood”. Hence, many will consider it ghetto.

In the end, most orgers came to the conclusion that CF hood is a very poinless mod. Besides, most also thought that it looks bad UNLESS it is body color (e.g. painted). That is why I still say it looks ok on a black Max.

I really don’t have the link to this thread. But I’m not making it up. I’m sure people here remember and can hopefully link to it as I cannot search.

“….oh man, sucks to be that guy for not having enough money to SEARCH

I'll search for ya...
Old 04-14-2005, 02:20 PM

Your really about to **** me off. Go play in the sandbox.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Boosted Panda

Here's some results.
You posted in the first one, and I think that is thread you were refering to.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....bon+fiber+hood

Old 04-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Hooooooonda.....

I will admit that I am disappointed with the wavy appearance of my trunk lid. But at least leaving it unpainted gives me an excuse. If the surface were absolutely straight and true I would have painted it. But if I would have painted this one, people would've always told me, "Dude your trunk is all messed up."

CF isn't ghetto to those who know what it is. I would have to be a bit picky of your trunk lid. That thing has terrible fitment, I mean horrible. The only reason I'm awry about CF products for the max is that they ALL have bad fitment and the CF hoods especially need another coat or 2 of clear. Where did he mention your SSR? or anything about a blower or a trans swap btw?
Old 04-14-2005, 04:40 PM

u can't say that this car looks ghetto:

or i'll just have to kill ya
Old 04-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Always sunny in philly

The above picture is a white max, not a black max. The hood contrasts very well. So when i say "style it correctly", it doesnt just mean with a black max, or if its painted.

Damn you're tough Good thing your computer screen is holding you back. Otherwise, I'd be in trouble

BIGLEMAN: Go with what you like. Your car, your choices. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:01 PM

these all must be ghetto...

armani, elton john called, he said your making him look straight so stop...

cf hoods are so pointless that the best vendors dont use them on their cars so why should we? oh wait thats right they do use them because they do still serve a purpose. as well as they are cheaper than buying an oem if it needs replacement, so thats 2 birds with one stone.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:22 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Armani is so right guys. We should stop wasting our money on ghetto mods.

Thanks for getting into this Big D. As I said numerous times in the million GLD threads, I didn't have time to get it to fit. On Tuesday I removed one of the torsion bars and spent a good two hours playing around with the alignment. The Pass side now fits perfectly and the drivers side is on the way. I'll be posting pics next week.

And hot d@mn that orange max is hot. How have I never seen that before?

Oh, almost forgot, I smell the lock coming on.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

just more reasons for me to hate you armani
Old 04-14-2005, 09:25 PM

Have you ever even seen carbon fiber in person? Pictures do nothing justice.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7
hahah i'm with you on that one flavor!!! hahaha
Old 04-14-2005, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by aspec0002
armani, elton john called, he said your making him look straight so stop....
o snap, mercy! mercy!

my vote goes for...who cares...dont go by others opinions, if u like it do it
Old 04-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Armani

Give it a rest people. You got no case.

I simply stated that "CF hood is pointless to begin with. But whatever you like. I hope you plan on painting it. Otherwise it looks ghetto...unless of course it's for a black Max."

...yeah, notice the "But whatever you like part"

I didn't really want this to escalate to a point that it did, but of course, as is often the case here on the org, an IDIOT like Flavor comes along and has to blow it out of proportion.

To me, and most others, CF hood sucks unless it's for a black car or is painted body color. If you can't live with me thinking so....tough ****.

That's what I noticed around here lately. Some say "org isn't the same anymore". That's such crap. The reason it's not the same anymore is because some people have enough ***** and are not afraid to criticize something they don't like. The org is a place to comment. If I don't like the looks of somebody's car, I say it. Most of you say "looks great" and don't even mean it.

Jesus, before you know it we'll have to agree with everything. Why don't you people reread the first couple posts of this thread. I said nothing bad, I simply stated what I myself think of the CF hood. Then, right away, a couple ignorant fools came out with an attitude. Go ahead and see for yourself. Shame on you clowns (and you know who you are).

Old 04-15-2005, 03:26 AM

hahaha i know who Armani is! I could recognize that self-righteous e-thugging anywhere...BOSS is back!
Old 04-15-2005, 05:36 AM
Boosted Panda

Give it a rest people. You got no case.

I simply stated that "CF hood is pointless to begin with. But whatever you like. I hope you plan on painting it. Otherwise it looks ghetto...unless of course it's for a black Max."

...yeah, notice the "But whatever you like part"

I didn't really want this to escalate to a point that it did, but of course, as is often the case here on the org, an IDIOT like Flavor comes along and has to blow it out of proportion.

To me, and most others, CF hood sucks unless it's for a black car or is painted body color. If you can't live with me thinking so....tough ****.

That's what I noticed around here lately. Some say "org isn't the same anymore". That's such crap. The reason it's not the same anymore is because some people have enough ***** and are not afraid to criticize something they don't like. The org is a place to comment. If I don't like the looks of somebody's car, I say it. Most of you say "looks great" and don't even mean it.

Jesus, before you know it we'll have to agree with everything. Why don't you people reread the first couple posts of this thread. I said nothing bad, I simply stated what I myself think of the CF hood. Then, right away, a couple ignorant fools came out with an attitude. Go ahead and see for yourself. Shame on you clowns (and you know who you are).

How am I the idoit by blowing it out of proportion. All I stated was that I had heard it all before.
Your the moron that kept replying and telling people its ghetto and thats that.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Always sunny in philly

That's what I noticed around here lately. Some say "org isn't the same anymore". That's such crap. The reason it's not the same anymore is because some people have enough ***** and are not afraid to criticize something they don't like.

Everyone in this post does not agree with you. yes, its your opinion, but it means somewhere between jack and **** here on the org and everyone knows it. Go back and read your posts. It always ends with defacing someone else's opinion.

How the hell the org used to be? You've merely been here for a year. Reason why the org isn't the same is because fools like youself start speaking out of your **** and act all tough behind a computer screen.

If you get banned again, Boss, you should try Gucchi as a new sn.

Quick Reply: CF Hood Pics...