4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

does anybody have the skyline style body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 05:23 PM

does anybody have the skyline style body kit?

I saw the Skyline body kit on custommaxima.com. right now, I find it intriguing, just because it stands out a bit more than the Stillen kits.

Do you own one? If so, do you like it? Any issues? Any pics?

Is there any difference between the one on custommaxima and this one that I found on Ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I'm guessing something must be lacking on this Ebay one, since it's so much cheaper, but I figured I'd ask just in case.

Thanks for any info you might provide.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hell no i dont own crap like.. neither would i want too..
Old 03-24-2005, 05:31 PM

There are some on here who have the kit.

the ebay ones are drastically cheap but they must be for a reason, no matter where you buy it from it will be fiber glass so that is a negative (in my opinion) mayube the ebay ones are made with less quality than the kit found else where.

My advice if your interested in getting a kit I would get a quality one that you know can hold up to your environment.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:32 PM
I never narc'd on nobody.

i think it looks pretty cool, but id get a urethane one ($999) from Custom Maxima, just because they hang so dang low, youd hit stuff, and fiberglass would simply shatter.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ive got the kit but not putting it on till spring, well it is spring, but we're still getting snow, so when it gets nice out i guess. i personally think the kit looks pretty damn good, but it's all opinion. i got a really good deal on it used, uninstalled, and it was in RI so i could pick it up.

yes the urethane ones would be tougher, but u'd pay twice as much and then pay all that money for installing and painting, i just didnt have the money at the time.

that one on eBay looks fine, i mean they're all fiberglass, custom maxima's prices are rip offs. they overprice EVERYthing so i wouldnt be surprised that the kit on ebay is so cheap, compared to CE's prices. but check the seller's winners, and email them and ask if they have put the kit on and how is it. that's my best advice i guess.

good luck

-Brendan
Old 03-24-2005, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1FSTMAX
dude there's a nicer way of saying that, and that doesnt really contribute any information for the guy...
Old 03-24-2005, 05:48 PM

kit looks very ricer style! dont get it, but i guess some do like them i have no idea why/
Old 03-24-2005, 05:58 PM

Yeah, in my opinion Stillen bumper > Skyline bumper. The Skyline one looks just a bit too aggressive for the Maxima. But try and stay away from fiberglass it be very bad when hit by suff.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by spk282
Yeah, in my opinion Stillen bumper > Skyline bumper. The Skyline one looks just a bit too aggressive for the Maxima. But try and stay away from fiberglass it be very bad when hit by suff.
ya just wish stillen was cheaper tho. but if u are careful, and dont plan on getting in any accidents (btw a lot of insurance companies insure aftermarket parts, ive never got a quote, but u could always insure it if u were unsure assumming u have full coverage), and take it off in the winter, it should be fine. i do agree that the front bumper is very aggressive looking, but it does make the car stand out, where as the stillen kit is subtle and would only really catch the eyes of people that know maximas fairly well. eh, it's all opinion.

-Brendan
Old 03-24-2005, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by ZeroCool19
ya just wish stillen was cheaper tho. but if u are careful, and dont plan on getting in any accidents (btw a lot of insurance companies insure aftermarket parts, ive never got a quote, but u could always insure it if u were unsure assumming u have full coverage), and take it off in the winter, it should be fine. i do agree that the front bumper is very aggressive looking, but it does make the car stand out, where as the stillen kit is subtle and would only really catch the eyes of people that know maximas fairly well. eh, it's all opinion.

-Brendan
So it's definitely not compatible with winter driving huh? Damn. Is this something I can take off myslelf? Just seems like a bit of a pain in the *** to keep taking it off and putting it back on.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by josehernandez94
So it's definitely not compatible with winter driving huh? Damn. Is this something I can take off myslelf? Just seems like a bit of a pain in the *** to keep taking it off and putting it back on.
well i do not know yet how hard it will be to remove cuz i dont have it one yet, and to tell ya the truth, have no idea how exactly they put these on, yet. but as far as being winter friendly? in rochester? no way man, i wouldnt even trust the polyurethane cuz it could get below zero and snap or crack, im sure, but it would def be easier for the fiberglass to snap or crack...but also its the fact that the paint jobs on either would look like sh*t from all that salt and rocks and gravel from plow trucks and what not flying up and hitting the paint. i would just want to keep them safe from that anyways. hope this helps, since i dont see too many other people chiming in here.

-Brendan
Old 03-24-2005, 10:34 PM
no more maxima...

Old 03-24-2005, 10:39 PM
brotherhood of tq

Originally Posted by spk282
well the stillen isnt a bumper, its just a lip. some people want a full bumper and thats a nice way to go. i personally like it and it give the max a different stance.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Former Sponsor

I would rather buy the onic dynamics CF lip or the redlinemax M-bumper ohh and don't get the ebay kit...... you get what you paid for.....
Old 03-25-2005, 12:44 AM

different strokes for different folks and as far as the price difference custommaxima is always high as he11 just like stillen. if you like the kit get it cause you like it cause if you do what everybody else here tells ya then you'll be another stillen bodykitted max ,with redclears,cerfiro's headlights,uhh what else does everybody do
Old 03-25-2005, 12:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by laylow1988
you'll be another stillen bodykitted max ,with redclears,cerfiro's headlights,uhh what else does everybody do
and same looking wheels
Old 03-25-2005, 01:53 AM
CaLSoNiC

Skyline kits belong on Skylines. Be proud you have a maxima.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Old Maxima Legend

^ so true, preach it brother !
Old 03-25-2005, 05:50 AM

I have the skyline kit. I haven't had no problems with it being to low or anything.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:45 AM

1FSTMAX ur max looks like a f*cking piece so don't even talk
Old 03-25-2005, 08:13 AM
CaLSoNiC

Originally Posted by maxinitout
and youre a jew. go DIAF.

Old 03-25-2005, 08:28 AM

everyone has their own opinion on look, but i can guarantee from personal experience that 1FSTMAX is going for performance rather than just looks.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:20 AM
no more maxima...

Originally Posted by laylow1988
different strokes for different folks and as far as the price difference custommaxima is always high as he11 just like stillen. if you like the kit get it cause you like it cause if you do what everybody else here tells ya then you'll be another stillen bodykitted max ,with redclears,cerfiro's headlights,uhh what else does everybody do
The reason why "everyone" does those mods is because it looks far better than a mis-aligned pos fibreglass kit that doesn't even compliment the lines on the actual car. I love when people just slap random **** on their car and expect it to look good because they think they are 'different'.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by kingrukus
The reason why "everyone" does those mods is because it looks far better than a mis-aligned pos fibreglass kit that doesn't even compliment the lines on the actual car. I love when people just slap random **** on their car and expect it to look good because they think they are 'different'.

yeah i guess your right what type of modds are you doing next so we can do it too?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:36 AM

guys just calm down, post your opinion, but no need to flame other people's opinions on how they want there car to look. it's their car.

cant we all just get along? and sing a song? and hit the bong? and play some beer pong?

heh, felt like rhyming

-Brendan
Old 03-25-2005, 10:39 AM

guys just calm down, post your opinion, but no need to flame other people's opinions on how they want there car to look. it's their car.

cant we all just get along? and sing a song? and hit the bong? and play some beer pong?

heh, felt like rhyming

-Brendan

Old 03-25-2005, 12:45 PM

dude there's a nicer way of saying that, and that doesnt really contribute any information for the guy...

booo hoo hoo... cry me a god darn river...

Originally Posted by maxinitout
uhhh ok?...
Old 03-25-2005, 12:47 PM

heh, felt like rhyming

-Brendan
Old 03-25-2005, 01:29 PM

not to take over the post, but what kind of drop does "nismo-maxima555" have? is that photoshopped?
Old 03-25-2005, 01:38 PM
VIP Maxima

Originally Posted by 1qwkmax
not to take over the post, but what kind of drop does "nismo-maxima555" have? is that photoshopped?

hahahahaha, for some reason i find this post very funny lol. everyone is fightin and ur askin about the drop. looks like S techs to me

Old 03-25-2005, 01:48 PM

get sarona ver1 front bump ver 2 sides and ver 1 rear bump unless your goin for dual then go for ver 2 rear that will look sexy
Old 03-25-2005, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by SiCkBLaCKMaX99
get sarona ver1 front bump ver 2 sides and ver 1 rear bump unless your goin for dual then go for ver 2 rear that will look sexy
Good call, man, I like that Sarona kit a lot. It's a little more aggressive than the Stillen kit, but definitely more subtle than the Skyline one. Now the question is: Is there a place to get one other than Custommaxima--it's $1050 there and I'm thinking that there must be somewhere where it's cheaper... right?
Old 03-25-2005, 03:57 PM

i like em a lot..i've had them for a while now and never really had any problems wit them except going through some hard bumps since the front is pretty low..
Old 03-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1qwkmax
yeah, it is photoshopped, next month i'll be getting my tein H-techs with tokico struts
Old 03-25-2005, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by nismo-maxima555
yeah, it is photoshopped, next month i'll be getting my tein H-techs with tokico struts
Tein H wan't give you such drop. maybe Tein S, but still not likely...
Old 03-25-2005, 07:46 PM

skyline kits look ok not all that, then again if your a bodykit dude then go ahead, you guys are bichin about oo everybody has the same mods, motherfawka just be happy they made aftermarket parts for a fawken 10yr old grocery getta
Old 03-25-2005, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
skyline kits look ok not all that, then again if your a bodykit dude then go ahead, you guys are bichin about oo everybody has the same mods, motherfawka just be happy they made aftermarket parts for a fawken 10yr old grocery getta

hahahahaha, ya...werd

-Brendan
Old 03-25-2005, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by DrTySOUFMaX23

i like em a lot..i've had them for a while now and never really had any problems wit them except going through some hard bumps since the front is pretty low..
wow man, great looking max, that's a hot color, and looks great with the skyline, what are u running for suspension as far as your drop and all? u ahve the urethane or fiberglass kit btw? and u're max has to be the ONLY max i've actually kinda liked altezzas on. nice job

-Brendan
Old 03-25-2005, 09:28 PM

dude do u think that ur cool or somethin that u make fun of people....the guy wants every 1 to get along and shyt and u call him gay ...wow wat a fuked up pos u are
Old 03-25-2005, 09:32 PM
CaLSoNiC

Originally Posted by rome06
dude do u think that ur cool or somethin that u make fun of people....the guy wants every 1 to get along and shyt and u call him gay ...wow wat a fuked up pos u are
youre a jew too. go die in a fire.

Quick Reply: does anybody have the skyline style body kit?