4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Chariot arrives in New Zealand : thrashed, beat up, parts stolen !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 11:43 AM

It always pisses me off to hear that people's property cannot be respected. Sorry for your loss man but I agree with everyone here in that you should go after these clowns with a vengence. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am truey sorry to hear what happened. I know you have been waiting a long time to get the chariot to NZ and looking forward to tearing up some new streets with it. I hope you are able to be compensated. As someone mentioned, it could have been worse, or the ship could have sunk. But definitely not the welcome you were hoping for.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:54 AM

BTW MeanBean, I really like your what you did to your gauges.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:02 PM
The original VQ...

damm that sucks bro

are you coming back to the US, who is gona represent us at the tracks now???

hopefully insurance or the shipping company pays for your damages....
Old 02-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Project Ruby......

That really sucks, Chariot. It could have been a lot worse though.

The Chariot will look good as new once again I know it will. Keep your head up man!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Old Maxima Legend

who stole my remote battery ?

Well, the good news is the max is covered in full with the marine insurance we have. to be very honest i would have rather this not have happened just so i can get in the max and take off driving. Its been since august 23rd since I have even seen the car. but now it will be another long wait to go through the process of having all these parts shippped from the states.

In New Zealand the maxima is not looked at as a sports sedan, a quick drive around and you will see they are the most popular car used for taxi's, lol ! There is no aftermarket parts such as all the stuff we get in the states, so while waiting for all this to work out, have car repainted, touched up whatever, and parts shipped, who knows just how long it will take to be on the road.

its not the end of the world for the chariot, just a set back ! car was shipped over because i moved to NZ and im keeping the chariot for life which will mean years from now I will be the sole suvivor on maxima.org for the 4th gen crew,lol !

who stole the battery out of my keyless remote thing ? loser, lol !

Well you know how I am with that blasted camcorder. I have video footage of the car at the port of houston in the condition it was dropped off, lots of photos, a stack of receipts from all maintance work to items bought.

Lesson: Get the best insurance possible when shipping your car overseas. and if something like this happens, your covered.

-----------------------------------------------------

i have contacted courtesy nissan for replacement parts any other suggestions ? again items have to be shipped to NZ
Old 02-03-2005, 12:16 PM
brotherhood of tq

that really blows man.. my uncle once used to ship car over to nigeria to use and he would wait until he say it placed into a container and then he had his family wait on the other end to get the car out of the container. someone once stole the wheels off of his s class and took crap from his other car he sent.

u just can trust people nowadays
Old 02-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Always sunny in philly

thats crazy man, but i would have thought you would have brought everything back to stock before shipping it over (the wheels, intake).

but the remote battery?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:24 PM

Glad the outcome is a positive one, the Max will live on. Hopefully parts can be 2nd dair air at their expense.Either way good to hear the good new.

I was shocked too I saw photos and video and in some coutried BMWs are takies or 80K car are just run arounds, its crazy!

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7
Did you see how long it took to get it there? Would you be willing to sacrafice that amount of time from your everyday life to stand next to the car?

nah I didnt see how long it takes.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Armani

Originally Posted by passEMonTHErite
Doesnt need to be. It is "reasonable and accepted" that if someone agrees to take possession of your car/property, that it is their responsibility what happens in transit. It is also "reasonable" for one to assume they will receive their property back in the same condition it was when you left it.

Also, if you can prove it was the shipping companies employees that were the "perps" then the company is "automatically liable" which if memory serves me, there isnt even a trial.

Not a law student, but I know a 'lil bit.
That is NOT true at all. You, me, and everyone else "assume" that's the case, but it is not.

Any law student knows that everything (let me emphasize "everything") you say in this world means ****, complete ****, UNLESS it is black on white, on some sort of document. Even then, it still means **** unless this "documented agreement" is signed or agreed upon in a well accepted manner. Yes, obviously Ceasar can sue the hell out of these people, and who knows, maybe even win a civil. Point is, it would've been much easier to settle all this had there been a signed document of some sort. Without one, case like this one will take LONG, VERY LONG to conclude. I know. Why? Because I know somebody who has had the same exact thing happen to him when shipping his car to Europe. The vehicle was damaged severely, beyond belief. Out of the claimed roughly $8k in damages, he ended up getting back $2k. Sucks.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:34 PM

Ceasar, I haven't had much or any dialogue with you but your car is one of the very few that I look up to for practical mods and simple, yet very nice, aesthetics. I have read a lot of your entries on your website and you got my respects all the way. I congratulate you on your move, NZ is a very nice place. I spent a whole month in Christchurch a while back and its one of those places where you forget about the hussle and bussle of city life, although Christchurch is still a city but not a big overpopulated one. Quality of life in NZ is unlike here in the US. One of my long time goals is to eventually move to Queensland, Australia because its similar yet a little more upbeat. But I cannot ignore the nightlife in Sydney though. Anyhow, enjoy your new home, I know you will...it's a lot, way way more, greener there.

I wish the Chariot lots of good luck and hopefully the recovery is expedited. I don't think I can go thru the emotional trauma you have gone thru seeing a car that is so dear to you, just wrecklessly mistreated and taken for granted. Just out of curiousity, what freight company did you go with?

Again good luck.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Boosted Panda

I have a pretty good junktyard around the corner from me if youd like me to call and ask if they have an MAF. It would be much cheaper to buy it from them then the dealer. You pay for the item, and the shiping, and I'll be glad to pick it up ,box it and ship it to you.
I have my old Injen filter I will Give to you if you wish.
if you decied to get the MAF i could throw them together in a box.

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
Well, the good news is the max is covered in full with the marine insurance we have. to be very honest i would have rather this not have happened just so i can get in the max and take off driving. Its been since august 23rd since I have even seen the car. but now it will be another long wait to go through the process of having all these parts shippped from the states.

In New Zealand the maxima is not looked at as a sports sedan, a quick drive around and you will see they are the most popular car used for taxi's, lol ! There is no aftermarket parts such as all the stuff we get in the states, so while waiting for all this to work out, have car repainted, touched up whatever, and parts shipped, who knows just how long it will take to be on the road.

its not the end of the world for the chariot, just a set back ! car was shipped over because i moved to NZ and im keeping the chariot for life which will mean years from now I will be the sole suvivor on maxima.org for the 4th gen crew,lol !

Well you know how I am with that blasted camcorder. I have video footage of the car at the port of houston in the condition it was dropped off, lots of photos, a stack of receipts from all maintance work to items bought.

Lesson: Get the best insurance possible when shipping your car overseas. and if something like this happens, your covered.

i have contacted courtesy nissan for replacement parts any other suggestions ? again items have to be shipped to NZ
Old 02-03-2005, 01:25 PM

That's terrible to hear. Your max is one of those that almost the whole .org knows about, and is part of the reason behind me getting a fourth gen. instead of a third gen. The pics aren't working for me, I'll try again later, but I'm very sorry for the trouble that you've gone through, and are going to go through. Good luck, and post updates.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:56 PM

I am glad to see that everything is covered, like most the people on the org i think your car is one of the nicest 4th gens around. Anyways when you get the max back on the road show those New Zealanders whats up.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:10 PM
VIP Maxima

ceasar what u doin down in NZ homie ??

Old 02-03-2005, 04:46 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot

we feel for ya, ceasar. Your Max was one of the best on the .org and you put all that hard work into it, only to have this happen. We hope to see the Chariot back in action sometime soon. Def. keep us posted
Old 02-03-2005, 04:46 PM
SomePsychoGuy

Man, Look...

That is horrible. I am really sorry that those people didn't take care of the chariot. Did they mess up my old interior any? I hope you don't get any trouble getting reimbursed although it will most likely not happen that way. James and Kay, I have faith in both of you that you will bring the chariot back into glory.

You need to get that intake so you can get to the track. Frosty and I went all the way to NPR and they were closed so I haven't run with the new tires, rims, and motor mounts.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Donating i30 Owner

WTF.... this happened during shipping.. what happpened the ship stopped soemwehre and they took the car out for a spin.. i mean WTF.. that is a bloody shame... and the battery... i mean jeez.. did they loose thebattery cover..? that would **** me off.. man... im just .. speachless... i didnt know **** liek this happened...
Old 02-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Old Maxima Legend

we are working step by step to get things sorted out, everything is going smooth at present. thanks for the support, i tell ya i was thinking about giving up, lol ! hey spig NPR closed when they heard the news about the chariot, rofl !
Old 02-03-2005, 06:36 PM

Wow Ceaser, things haven't exactly gone smoothly for you At least it can all be pretty much repaired, but it's that extra time you now have to wait to get it done Did you get that extra GST charge thing sorted out?

For reference, the Ford Falcon and Camry are officially the most common Taxi's Anyway, once everything is fixed up it'll be interesting for all of us from NZ to meet up somewhere

A little O/T, but what happened to your forums? They no longer work
Old 02-03-2005, 07:31 PM
vsamoylov

man that sucks completly man. why did u move to nz tough? and you are not going to be the only one with your max forever. i am keeping mine forever also. its my first car. lol. hope everything works out for you.

Old 02-03-2005, 08:18 PM

Holy crap chris im so sorry to see this....i will be takin some ***** out for this little incident
Old 02-03-2005, 08:31 PM
aka UNCDooD

damn dude. that really sucks. I hope everything works out for you man.

p.s. I might be getting a a pair of 16" SSRs soon. just trying to be like you.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:20 PM

sorry to hear the bad news.. goodluck with it!!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:10 PM
SomePsychoGuy

hahaha NPR just had to weep. It had rained on tuesday and on wednesday morning. I guess they figured it was too wet. It really wasn't that wet, but oh well.

Maybe I will have my TS ECU by the time I get to go back since I will be gone for a week to go snowboarding in Colorado with frosty and some of my friends. I wish they would hurry up with the rev limiter. Maybe frosty will start getting his turbo car back together eventually.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:18 AM

You Know What We Have To Do Now Right Cesar, [/quote][/u]kill Em Killem All!!! Cant Let It Just Flyby Like That!?!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Hooooooonda.....

That's some BS Chris, some big, smelly BS. For those of you that didn't know his car has been in NZ since DEC 24th, almost 2 months, but no one let him know so the car has been there all this time. I'm also guessing that the things were stolen during the time the car was at the docks waiting for you and not while on the boat. Again, big, smelly BS.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I'm sorry to hear about your car. It's quite rediculous.

As for the parts, there has to be Nissan dealers and performance shops in New Zealand. Zs, Skylines, EVOs, WRXs, etc should be all over the place in New Zealand therefore guys buy parts from somewhere local. Why not get the parts from there and save the money? You'll pay out the butt to ship parts from Courtesy because of all the Customs.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Jedi Knight

Well it looks as if things are going to look up for you...best of luck...and keep us posted
Old 02-04-2005, 12:00 PM

sabatoge!, sabatoge i tell you. ceasar your like to a max like bruce lee is to karate flicks, they probably had ninjas waiting for your car to dock before they took the na parts that would have lead you a 13 sec victory. i hear it was sitting for a while but that is common for customs to do that. they probably was checking the car for drugs and things inside and outside when they probably noticed it was the great charriot then helped themselves.if anything custom is to blame but thank god for insurance.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dave B
I'm sorry to hear about your car. It's quite rediculous.

As for the parts, there has to be Nissan dealers and performance shops in New Zealand. Zs, Skylines, EVOs, WRXs, etc should be all over the place in New Zealand therefore guys buy parts from somewhere local. Why not get the parts from there and save the money? You'll pay out the butt to ship parts from Courtesy because of all the Customs.
It's not overly easy because some parts that need to be specific for Maximas are hard to find, although everything Ceased had damaged should be able to be found somewhere in NZ.

NZ doesn't actually have custom fees for stuff that come in the mail from overseas, that was a bonus introduced when they put GST in place It's the shipping price that'll hurt ya though
Old 02-04-2005, 04:23 PM

WTF?! Sorry to hear that Ceasar. Keep us updated.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:03 AM
VQ Wizard

I am sorry to hear about your car Ceaser. There isn't much lower in this world than a dang thief.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:03 PM

thats that bullshot.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:37 PM

man sorry to hear about that. im sure everything will work out. good luck man!
Old 02-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Ichiban King

Ceasar im so sorry man. I go to your site all the time and show my friends the video of you beating that 5.0 liter mustang and the other cars. You're car kinda served as a template for what I was going to do with mine. I'm sorry again man if I have any small amount of extra money I'll send it to you if ya need it. I dont make much but you were my inspiration to mod my maxima before I came here so. anyways later
Old 02-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Apparition
Ceasar im so sorry man. I go to your site all the time and show my friends the video of you beating that 5.0 liter mustang and the other cars. You're car kinda served as a template for what I was going to do with mine. I'm sorry again man if I have any small amount of extra money I'll send it to you if ya need it. I dont make much but you were my inspiration to mod my maxima before I came here so. anyways later

Ceasar has his car up and going again. This is an old thread.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Ichiban King

oh sweet. thanks man I just saw in in that other post in the forum and there was a link so I figured it was new as well. thanks for the update.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:14 PM

How far did you had to go to get this thread up?
Old 02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Ichiban King

holy god. this is from a year ago... now I see what you mean. wow. well why does he have it by his sig still. im still in shock.

Quick Reply: Chariot arrives in New Zealand : thrashed, beat up, parts stolen !!