4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Possible bad fuel pump (help)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Possible bad fuel pump (help)

Drove home from work without a hitch. Came back out to start it and it would not. Turned over just fine, however it seems there is no fuel getting to the engine. I heard somewhere there is a safety shut off for the fuel pump. Does anyone know where that is on a 99? Does anyone know what else would be the problem besides the fuel pump? Anyway, I wont ask how to replace the pump if it is indeed faulty. Im sure thats in the stickies.

Thanks yall
Old 11-29-2004, 04:17 PM

How did you find out you had no fuel going into the engine? If its turning over and not actually turning on, it could also be your not getting any spark... battery terminals nice and tight? and clean?

Changing the fuel pump too damn easy, just remove the rear seat and you'll see the hole in the floor with a few bolts... the entire assembly comes out.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ant96GLE
How did you find out you had no fuel going into the engine? If its turning over and not actually turning on, it could also be your not getting any spark... battery terminals nice and tight? and clean?

Changing the fuel pump too damn easy, just remove the rear seat and you'll see the hole in the floor with a few bolts... the entire assembly comes out.
Well, all the accessories work fine. It turns over and over and over very strong, I can tell you there is absolutely nothing wrong with the starter. Although when I turn the key to the on position (without turning it over) I dont hear the fuel system pressurize like I usually do. But maybe it never was that loud.

You are right about the accessibility to it. I pulled up the cushion and there it was. I didnt actually unscrew the plate though. I'm not in the mood to mess with it right now being that it is night and a balmy 30 degrees. I was thinking of tommorrow.

Is there in fact a reset button for the unit? I know a lot of cars have them in case of a wreck so that it doesnt pump gas everywhere. What about are the chances of it being a fuse or the filter?
Old 11-29-2004, 09:23 PM

I heard it could be the anti-theft system gone to poop.

Or maybe it's ur CPS (crankshaft position sensor).