4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

GRRRRR! anyone have this problem from budget?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 05:59 PM

quit bickering
Old 11-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Otis_Speeding

Gonna run to someone? And you call me childish

Old 11-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

come o n guys , cant we get along
Old 11-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Please oh High and mighty where did I say you're gonna run to someone?I'm getting along fine. I'm done with him, again. Either way, budget is the best bang for the buck if you live in states that have snow and salt truck in the winter. If you don't live in those states get the aluminized Y from warpspeed. There's no reason to get any other ones. Oh that cattman pipe we put on, the flex section has a grape size hole in it and the accordion is exposed. It appears to be leaking but not sure yet as I haven't looked at it.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:09 PM

the cattman had a grape sized hole in the flex section? how did that happen? if cattman can crap out just as easily, im not gonna waste extra money...
Old 11-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Otis_Speeding

no no..I said YOU running..but whatever. I've heard more than once that cattman's were "the best y-pipe" on the market. SO I went with them. Figured since the Y is a pretty important part..why not go with the best. Of course you dispute this. But my Y is solid as ever. Maybe you hacked the install..who knows. I liked the flex section on mine..seemed thicker than all the others...looked more durable.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Otis_Speeding

Originally Posted by jdm71488
the cattman had a grape sized hole in the flex section? how did that happen? if cattman can crap out just as easily, im not gonna waste extra money...

Most likely their fault. I was really surprised at how sturdy the cattman was when I took it out of the box. And the welds were perfect. You won't get screwed with cattamn....maybe budget pipes....why do you think they call it budget You get what you paid for..is the phrase that comes to mind.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Otis_Speeding

here's a page to back me up.
http://maxmods.dyndns.org/index.php?MaximaYpipes
Read what it says..."ALWAYS the best!"

Old 11-06-2004, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Otis_Speeding
here's a page to back me up.
http://maxmods.dyndns.org/index.php?MaximaYpipes
Read what it says..."ALWAYS the best!"
excellent site, im glad you refer to it, because not may people do

idk, $350 seems a lot compared to $160, but with all i heard about WSP it makes me want to get the cattman... but budget seems legit, only its painted black... it wont be seen anyways... its more mid-ranged out of them all...

yeah "budget" sounds low end, but with the quality parts they produce for their prices, its hard to match them... so i wont worry about saying i have a budget y or b... screw everyone else...

dave, what happened with the cattman y?
Old 11-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Yeah it was my fault, idiot. When I do something I don't **** up asshat. He bought the pipe used from another org member. The area around the hole looked charred, it's actually the top of the flex section that had the hole, the part facing the undercarriage.
How is that backing you up? It's what one person said, he said most people agree but how can you say it's the truth. I hate when people say you get what you pay for. It tells me they believe everthing they hear. They're called budget to draw in more business, plus they're in canada which makes the prices lower. I still don't see how you can continue arguing when you have no experience with a budget y-pipe. I've dealt with budget, stillen, cattman, and warpspeed. They are all the same and you pay for the name, nothing else. Budget pipes aren't painted black, they were for only a short time a while back.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:36 PM

Budget=
Best U Do is Get Equal Technology
for a far-less price.
YEEEE!
Old 11-06-2004, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
Yeah it was my fault, idiot. When I do something I don't **** up asshat. He bought the pipe used from another org member. The area around the hole looked charred, it's actually the top of the flex section that had the hole, the part facing the undercarriage.
How is that backing you up? It's what one person said, he said most people agree but how can you say it's the truth. I hate when people say you get what you pay for. It tells me they believe everthing they hear. They're called budget to draw in more business, plus they're in canada which makes the prices lower. I still don't see how you can continue arguing when you have no experience with a budget y-pipe. I've dealt with budget, stillen, cattman, and warpspeed. They are all the same and you pay for the name, nothing else. Budget pipes aren't painted black, they were for only a short time a while back.
are you referring to otis or me?

can i get your personal opinion which y-pipe to go with? i feel you have a good understanding of what you are talking about...

yeah, on the first page of this thread i saw the post of pics of the budget y... i got the whole painted black thing from maxmods... thanks for the correction...
Old 11-06-2004, 10:45 PM

budget man!
Old 11-06-2004, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Maximeltman
budget man!
leaning more towards it now... im definately not going WSP because of multiple accounts of bad flex & bees... cattman, too expensive, especially if kinda the same as budget... CM... no, too new, i want to see if something will crop up...

they're all silver, all give same performance, its just durability im worried about...
Old 11-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Otis_Speeding

he sure is a angry litte kid isn't he? You never mentioned that you bought it used...yet you used that "hole" statement to justify yourself. I guess the argument is more important to you than giving someone the right answer. Everyone can see that now....thanks for contradicting yourself

Old 11-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Otis_Speeding

leaning more towards it now... im definately not going WSP because of multiple accounts of bad flex & bees... cattman, too expensive, especially if kinda the same as budget... CM... no, too new, i want to see if something will crop up...

they're all silver, all give same performance, its just durability im worried about...

I think cattman has the best construction. You will see it yourself if you get a chance to put a cattman Y and a budget side by side. I did that. If you're worried about durability...well...you know my choice already I've heard complaints about the "bees" on budget...not everyone is getting them..but I've seen a few complaints on that,...comes on after a little while they say. I have yet to hear anything bad about cattman except the price.

I think you've heard enough from me and that guy that crys alot....to make your own choice by now. Good luck man.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:21 PM

Budget man!
Old 11-07-2004, 01:16 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

budget has been great to me, dont rule it out because of one bad experience....
Old 11-07-2004, 06:49 AM

so i ended up with a bad budget...nothings perfect all the time. it could have been bent slightly, unnoticabley, in shipping, or its was my fault for ordering on a monday(assuming these are made to order). my experience is the first bad thing ive heard from budget, except for a minimal few that get the bees noise. i mean it is stainless, it is the cheapest, and the service was great...except for the tech i talked to when i called back after seeing i had a problem. and yeah, the welds are kinda sloppy looking but stainless is really hard to weld and it doesnt matter what they look like, as long as they are strong, and with the amount of prying i did on that pipe i can tell you they are good welds,there just not pretty.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:55 AM

so how long has a y-pipe lasted without doing the bees in a can noise? its the only thing thats stopping me...

if its going to crap out, why waste money on it and have to replace it again...
Old 11-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Otis_Speeding

so how long has a y-pipe lasted without doing the bees in a can noise? its the only thing thats stopping me...

if its going to crap out, why waste money on it and have to replace it again...

My point exactly...why get a budget if there's a chance for it to crap out. Never heard of a cattman giving probs yet though.

Old 11-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Ok, the y-pipe was bought from NEALOC187 I believe. If there is one person on the ORG who knows how to install something and not **** it up it's him. The only reason I see for the pipe's failure is that it burned through the accordion section and burned the flex lining. There is no possibility to drop the pipe and get a hole in that spot cause if it did fall the pipe would hit the flange. I suggested to my friend to get the new flex from WSP instead of cattman. That last post was really stupid, every one of these pipes can crap out. Now he bees in a can, well that was solved years ago and if I recall correctly only the aluminum WSP pipes still have the problem. How could you hear of a Cattman every failing when you've only been here a week?
Old 11-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Otis_Speeding

you make it seem like if the forum is the end all be all on mods. Ever walk outside your door and talk to people in person? I did...checked the org BEFORE I made an account...AND spoke to numerous people about which Y, and what kind of experiences they have had with them. So...as far as my research have shown...Cattman Y's are the best. I have no idea why you keep trying to shove your beliefs down people's throats. I guess your on line ego can't take the fact that some may disagree with you.

Old 11-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Oh man you just don't stop. You're doing the same thing, stuffing BS in people's heads. What people did you ask? Just some strangers walking down the streets? You keep saying I do all this crap yet you o it just as much. Thing is I'm done, there is no wining this battle as everyone will say their pipe is the best. There is no point. 99SE5SPD, I'm glad you got your problem fixed.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
99SE5SPD, I'm glad you got your problem fixed.

Thank you 123456
Old 11-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Otis_Speeding

I don't stop? Lets not be hypocritical pal. And look at what you just wrote. You think you're always right. And everyone else's opinions are BS. You obviously think your words hold some sort of weight here. Maybe you sound like you know what you're talking about, which I think is a bunch of *** talk. You just read a few more posts than we have. And this was never a battle to start off with. You were the one calling people names and making it into one. But once again, that's already known around here. Go through your old posts and see the ratio between you helping...to you just being a ****. All you do is put people down and act like you know something. Try giving some real help or don't reply to threads.

Old 11-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Hooooooonda.....

I give help to those who really need it. You haven't yet as all your posts are either trying to prove something to me or you just chime in to say something only cause I already responded to the thread. I have read most than other but I know what I'm talking about cause I work on my car almost everyday trying to figure out what does what, how it works, how I can take it apart. All you do is tail me and start ****. Reply with what ever you want to say cause no matter what it is you'll be contradicting yourself anyway or accusing me of something when you do the exact same thing. Good bye.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Otis_Speeding

Don't flatter yourself. Nobody cares whether you responded to a thread or not. And that's right...you work on YOUR car, not everyone else's...so don't act like you'll automatically know about the subject and shoot people down, as you always do. Accusing you? It's more like stating the fact. You ARE a know it all *******. I figure being nice and just helping people out is the way to go, but you have other ideas. WHat do you think would work best? Giving helpfull advice while you belittle people? Or giving helpfull advice and wishing them good luck? Learn some social skills kiddo.

Old 11-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Social skillz for the internet? Get a life.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Otis_Speeding

You speak of getting a life....but you're in the same place,...doing the same thing as i am. I wonder what makes your life so much better than mine.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Does that make you smile?
Why didn't I do this sooner?
Old 11-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Otis_Speeding

haha nice of you to finally realize you *****ed at the wrong guy...run forest run

Old 11-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Yep, I'm running. Wouldn't want to mess with you Otis, nice name partnuh'. Look at me run away and be a bigger man, again, than you ever could.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Otis_Speeding

keep running....and good job on the name thing...should I give you more time to come up with something better?

Old 11-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Otis_Speeding

Oh yea..that last message you deleted right after you posted cause you felt like a dork saying such things?...went to my email...

what would you do if you did meet me in real life? Kick my ***? lol internet tough guys make me laugh

Old 11-07-2004, 09:47 PM

just saw the pipe put o coupling form kragen on fit it up and clamp it or weld it if u can thats what i did and it works just fine mine was way worse
Old 11-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Wouldn't be hard.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Otis_Speeding

And I bet you got a million other stories to back that theory up. But go ahead and announce to the whole forum how tough you think you are...in type.