4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Please help me with my window problem. PICS.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 07:28 AM

Please help me with my window problem. PICS.

OK, so my rear passenger window won't go up. I made a thread on here this past weekend and I was told it's my window regulator. Well, I ordered the window regulator and it's supposed to get here some time next week. The bad news is that it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

Somebody in the thread I made told me that the window could be temporarily held up by rivets. I'm still not sure what size rivets to get and I don't know where to put them to get the window to stay up.

Here's a picture of my door (still haven't taken the water shield off). If anybody knows where I would put the rivets to get my window to stay up could you please help me out? Or if you know any other way to rig it up I'll take that too. I'm game for anything right now. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:38 AM

there has to be a way for you to manually bypass the regulator and tighten the window(regulator) once you raise it up by hand. I did this once on my dads Jeep when his window mod died right before a rain storm.

btw your pic dont work so i cant really help....

Ant
Old 08-26-2004, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by ny96max
there has to be a way for you to manually bypass the regulator and tighten the window(regulator) once you raise it up by hand. I did this once on my dads Jeep when his window mod died right before a rain storm.

btw your pic dont work so i cant really help....

Ant
Thanks Ant. The picture should be working now. I'm going to go look to see if I tighten it while it's up.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:58 AM

worst case senario
you cant get it to go up.

get some clear plastic from home depot or a trash bag from your kitchen and rig it on there. Slap it on tape it up and close the door. Ghetto window is alot better than soggie interior.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:34 AM

Well, I couldn't figure out a way to tighten anything to keep it up. Anything else? I know I can tape some plastic over it but that's my last resort.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:44 AM

Open the door panel, and have someone pull and hold the window up for you. When its up, jam a stick of wood between the lower door frame and the bracket of the regulator holding the window.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by gtr_rider
Open the door panel, and have someone pull and hold the window up for you. When its up, jam a stick of wood between the lower door frame and the bracket of the regulator holding the window.
Haha, I actually just did this but not with a piece of wood or in the lower door frame. I used a book in the right side of the door frame with it wedged between this little ledge and the window. I'm at my apt. at school and there's no wood anywhere around and I have no tools and hardly anything else. I just grabbed a bunch of books off my bookshelf that I thought looked about the right size and one of them worked pretty well. I'm going to try to take some pictures for you guys and post them later. I might try to secure it with some tape too.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:02 AM

as long as it works..
Old 08-26-2004, 09:48 AM

Here it is. I used a book that's on writing about art or some BS. I've never used it and never will (to read I mean) but I'm glad I had it around the apartment.