4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ypipe is on.....WOW what a mod!! write up too

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 02:58 PM

Ypipe is on.....WOW what a mod!! write up too

First off let me tell you that my car is STOCK power wise, see the sig. This is teh first of them mods and WONT be the last either.

Warpspeed Y install.......

Now, I helped the guy install it, cut me a deal on the price of install, it was $20, going to school with him helped. First we unplugged the negative battery terminal to reset the ECU. We got it up on the lift and let it sit about 20 mins before going at it, let the pipes cool. sprayed PB blaster on all the nuts and bolts. ALL the nuts and bolts came RIGHT off, including the cat bolts (49k on my car and I was under the car every snow storm to get the salt off it). The O2 sensors we actually took off first, those were cake but hard to get at cause if the close quarters the stock Y gave us. Next, we slid the stock Y right off. Its DOUBLE the weight of the new one. THen we got the new gasket on and the flange aligned and got all nuts and bolts put back on, and O2 sensors were CAKE to get in with the new Y pipe, gave us ALOT more room. Everything was tightened on the car and down off the lift we go.....crank her up, she had a nice little pur to her, but kinda a tone at around 1k rpm, but from what I have read this may go away. Took about 30 mins to get completed once we let it all cool down, was pretty easy really.

Drove away after all is said and done and WOW what a difference. The car just PULLS. BEfore it wanted to choke out on a run up to 100 or so, this time it just saw 100 and kept going. MUCH more tq then I was expecting. There is NO DRONE at all when cruising, and just a slight one when at idle and initial take off. Its sweet, I HIGHLY reccommend this mod, wish I woulda done it sooner but the GD was worth it with the price it was at.

I was gonna have him custom bend a B pipe but he wanted a little much for that, so I will shop around to see how much cheaper I can get that, or just plain order one from Warpspeed.

Great product, no bees in can, and it sounds damn near stock, with MUCH more power!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Sittin' On Chrome

sound really good. i will be doing the same thing this tuesday coming up. i can hardly wait.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:18 PM

damnit! all these write up on y-pipes. I need one ASAP!
Old 02-26-2004, 03:24 PM

I am soooooooooooooooooo jealous. Mine is just sitting in the floor at the house, and I can't put it on until like April! Darn broken arm!
Old 02-26-2004, 03:35 PM
formz

PLEASE if you can take some sound clips of your car. I need to hear what this sounds like on an otherwise stock exhaust before I buy one. No one has come through yet so I'm hoping you can.

Old 02-26-2004, 03:35 PM

welcome to the club
Old 02-26-2004, 07:50 PM

Sorry formz......got no way of getting that done, I might in a couple months when my friend with a digi cam gets back, but until then notta. It has a low pur at take off and that is all, around 1k rpm's, 1300 at most. Its not bad at all, and when driving, you dont even notice the sound.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:53 PM

I like mine to, that purr sounds so so good, like shes just waiting for you to jam her to the floor and let her ***** hang down. I love it. My install to longer than yours though, nicely done, Thanks go out to Budah56
Old 02-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

mahahahaha...welcome to the darkside
Old 02-26-2004, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by conz35
I like mine to, that purr sounds so so good, like shes just waiting for you to jam her to the floor and let her ***** hang down. I love it. My install to longer than yours though, nicely done, Thanks go out to Budah56
The highlited section scares me a bit...
Old 02-26-2004, 10:16 PM

very funny you know what i mean if you have the pipe.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:09 PM

Soon....the pipe will come soon....
Old 02-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i hate you.

i hate you.

You have no idea how much restraint it took me NOT to buy the y-pipe. My logic said..gotta save...gotta save every last cent. My principles were at stake here! My other side said...lets have some fun...said ytf not..itll be fun? Bah...now im depressed again.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Sittin' On Chrome

ha ha... i sense regret...

j/k

atleast you can save money...
Old 02-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Jr'sMaxima
First off let me tell you that my car is STOCK power wise, see the sig. This is teh first of them mods and WONT be the last either.

Warpspeed Y install.......

Now, I helped the guy install it, cut me a deal on the price of install, it was $20, going to school with him helped. First we unplugged the negative battery terminal to reset the ECU. We got it up on the lift and let it sit about 20 mins before going at it, let the pipes cool. sprayed PB blaster on all the nuts and bolts. ALL the nuts and bolts came RIGHT off, including the cat bolts (49k on my car and I was under the car every snow storm to get the salt off it). The O2 sensors we actually took off first, those were cake but hard to get at cause if the close quarters the stock Y gave us. Next, we slid the stock Y right off. Its DOUBLE the weight of the new one. THen we got the new gasket on and the flange aligned and got all nuts and bolts put back on, and O2 sensors were CAKE to get in with the new Y pipe, gave us ALOT more room. Everything was tightened on the car and down off the lift we go.....crank her up, she had a nice little pur to her, but kinda a tone at around 1k rpm, but from what I have read this may go away. Took about 30 mins to get completed once we let it all cool down, was pretty easy really.

Drove away after all is said and done and WOW what a difference. The car just PULLS. BEfore it wanted to choke out on a run up to 100 or so, this time it just saw 100 and kept going. MUCH more tq then I was expecting. There is NO DRONE at all when cruising, and just a slight one when at idle and initial take off. Its sweet, I HIGHLY reccommend this mod, wish I woulda done it sooner but the GD was worth it with the price it was at.

I was gonna have him custom bend a B pipe but he wanted a little much for that, so I will shop around to see how much cheaper I can get that, or just plain order one from Warpspeed.

Great product, no bees in can, and it sounds damn near stock, with MUCH more power!!!!!!
I may have to give you a run now with your y-pipe hehe me and my automagic .anyway good to see your finally workn on some power mods, you'll hafta come up to the fort to take out some rice now .
Ryan
Old 02-27-2004, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
I am soooooooooooooooooo jealous. Mine is just sitting in the floor at the house
Me too

hahah well next monday I'm putting mine on b/c my friend is saving an open lift at this school, so that will ease installation. Quality looks alot better with this warpspeed than my budget y i had on my 95