4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Want to make my exhaust LOOK bigger

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 12:32 PM

Want to make my exhaust LOOK bigger

I recent bought my car and the one thing that has been bothering me is the size of the exhaust. I haven't measured or yet but I would say it's 2-2.5"? I don't want to buy a full system or anything because I am not in it for performance or sound. Is there a way to attach something at the end to make it bigger?
Old 01-31-2004, 12:58 PM
formz

Some one shoot me. Are you serious?

Old 01-31-2004, 01:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

As much as I laugh at this question, I'll help you out so you can save some money. Go to your local grocery store, get yourself a folger's can, drill a large hole in the bottom, wrap it in duct tape, and you're set. Just a thought.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:36 PM

i can just sense a hurricane coming -
Old 01-31-2004, 01:41 PM
I need a truck

You could always go to Pep Boys and get a tip and then have it welded on. Why is everyone making a big fuss about it
Old 01-31-2004, 02:00 PM

I just got an aftermarket tip only because my factory one fell off, the tip I got looks like the factory one did, it's not any bigger and its not mirror finished. I think you should just keep the stock look.

Here are some things you should definatly stay away from:
HAHA

HAHA
HAHA

HAHA

Here's the worst one I found, a LED tip with a flame on it.

This is the best looking one but you see it has a "chrome" mirror finish and it's 4 Inches big!

Don't Change a thing.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:05 PM
Sittin' On Chrome

what's wrong with the "chrome" mirror finish?
Old 01-31-2004, 02:06 PM

You really think the stock one looks good? I personally think it looks miniscule on this car. I'll look into this though.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:11 PM

Have you measured the stock tip yet? 2.5"-3" seems to fill the bumper well.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by felix822
what's wrong with the "chrome" mirror finish?

It's wrong becasue it has no purpose.

It's wrong because it's a part that doesn't even need to be replaced.

It's wrong because it's not actually chrome.

It's wrong because it will most likely rust anyways.

It's wrong because a bigger exhaust is bigger because it's better. Not for no reason
Old 01-31-2004, 02:15 PM

2" diameter with 1.75" ugly gap
Old 01-31-2004, 02:21 PM
V^___^V

u can easily pick up those cheap no-brand ebay 6" tip titanium muffler and have the muffler shop weld it for u for like $40.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I don't think he wants a muffler, just a tip. Go to your local automotive store and get you a clamp on or order a weld on off the net. I would'nt do it but to each their own.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:47 PM

Don't be "that guy", you drive a maxima. Its a sleeper. Unless you're going to do it right (axle back or cat back exhaust), a small tip is fine.

Its not my car, so you have to make the decision. Just be prepared to disgrace maxima owners if a pic of your car ends up on www.riceboypage.com

Check out this site for clarification as to what I am talking about. I can also send a link to Uncle Ben's if you need it.

http://www.afrotechmods.com/submitted/honda/honda.htm
Old 01-31-2004, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tyrexx

It's wrong because a bigger exhaust is bigger because it's better. Not for no reason

You sir, rock!
Old 01-31-2004, 03:54 PM

go to super wal-mart, pick up a muffler tip. they've been custom making their unique tips ever since sam walton was 16 years old. it started when he got his first car. it adds up to 29 horses.

Old 01-31-2004, 07:21 PM

People must stop acting like they are all go no show. Look at your trendz grille

You can just go to PepBoys or AutoZone and get a tip for like $10. Just don't get one of those 4 inch tips..

This is the tip I got for my car when I first bought it bc the stock tip had black overspray on it..

Now I have a dual tip muffler there instead
Old 01-31-2004, 07:33 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

My wife says shaving it will make it look bigger...
Old 01-31-2004, 07:34 PM

Geez, what's the big deal about putting a modest tip on a maxima's muffler? GXE's don't come with chrome tips stock.

I added a 2 inch one before I got a catback, and it looked good. Now look at me, I got a 4" tip!

I will admit, I hate the tip that I have now.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:37 PM
Shiver me timbers.

Originally Posted by mzmtg

She told me the same thing. She's kinda greedy.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Banned

take some sheet metal and make your own.

if your just into looks and no performace i suggest you buy lots of stickers, altezzas, a 6 inch muff tip, underglow lights, and hyper bright white turning signals front and back. ricer
Old 01-31-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

I guess my tip is rice?

You guys are whack.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Torgus
take some sheet metal and make your own.

if your just into looks and no performace i suggest you buy lots of stickers, altezzas, a 6 inch muff tip, underglow lights, and hyper bright white turning signals front and back. ricer

That's your car with altezzas and what looks like a 4.5-5 inch tip. I don't care if it's a catback or not, its a coffee can imitating large diameter exhaust piping. 2.5 inch piping and a 5 inch tip is

These are some of your mods that you just criticized for being rice.

PIAA EXtreme White Headlight Bulbs
Hyperwhite Healight Corners
Generation 2 Altezza TailLights
Hyper Bright White TailLight Bulbs
To Do List:
PIAA dome light
PIAA door sidemarker/clearence lights

So basically you're a ricer yourself
Old 01-31-2004, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ludacris

That's your car with altezzas and what looks like a 4.5-5 inch tip. I don't care if it's a catback or not, its a coffee can imitating large diameter exhaust piping. 2.5 inch piping and a 5 inch tip is

These are some of your mods that you just criticized for being rice.

PIAA EXtreme White Headlight Bulbs
Hyperwhite Healight Corners
Generation 2 Altezza TailLights
Hyper Bright White TailLight Bulbs
To Do List:
PIAA dome light
PIAA door sidemarker/clearence lights

So basically you're a ricer yourself

Old 01-31-2004, 10:10 PM

hmm... you guys really raped the guy about an exhaust tip
Old 01-31-2004, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by mdwst51
I recent bought my car and the one thing that has been bothering me is the size of the exhaust. I haven't measured or yet but I would say it's 2-2.5"? I don't want to buy a full system or anything because I am not in it for performance or sound. Is there a way to attach something at the end to make it bigger?

Shave your pubic hairs. Attach weights to it. Use a pump. If I knew how to help you I'd be a rich man!
Old 01-31-2004, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by mzmtg
OK, I just realized after posting my previous message that someone already beat me to it. Seems like we're all on the same wavelength. That's the first thing that came into my dirty @ss mind when I read the title. Damn you guys are fast!
Old 02-01-2004, 02:17 AM

wow..lot of flamming here. try to find a stock maxima se or gle exhaust tip from someone in the f/s forum.. im sure somebdy who bought a muffler or cat back system will give theirs up..or even go for a stock 2k maxima muffler..

i was thinking about getting a stock 350z tip.. its 3.5 inches..and welding that onto my muffler.. after hack sawing off most of the real tip so u cant see the gap and the outlines of the real piping inside the 350z tip.. i dont want a real exhaust either.. less than hp gain if you dont get a full catback..no point.. plus i like my car quiet..
Old 02-01-2004, 02:44 AM

Don't see the big deal. It's just a exhaust tip. It's not like he's putting some huge rice wing on. MDWST51, just ignore all the ********s. As long as you don't go too big, it'll still look classy. Many .orgers got more rice on their cars than just a modest tip. People just give you **** for being new. Flaming someone just for adding something that doesn't up performance is BS. How many orgers have clear bumpers, or a stillen body kit? Yeah, I'm sure replacing the stock orange lights add 20fwhp.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ludacris
People must stop acting like they are all go no show. Look at your trendz grille
I don't think that i'm all go and no show, I like show, I have show. My grille is an example of that. I don't know why you always have to try and counter me, a grille and a muffler tip are very different things, he wants a bigger exhaust, im telling him to not make a fool of himself by getting bad tips. I'm sorry if i offended you and your tip but I have an aftermarket tip! and i have the trenz grille, WOW!!! I bought my grill because I wanted a new, different look. "for show"

Why do you wash your car? for looks right? no **** dude, we all do things for looks.

It's amazing that you seem to do every "RIGHT" mod on your car. It's also funny that you always hate on cars that are the same as yours.

Have a nice day.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:10 AM

I don't think that i'm all go and no show, I like show, I have show. My grille is an example of that. I don't know why you always have to try and counter me, a grille and a muffler tip are very different things, he wants a bigger exhaust, im telling him to not make a fool of himself by getting bad tips. I'm sorry if i offended you and your tip but I have an aftermarket tip! and i have the trenz grille, WOW!!! I bought my grill because I wanted a new, different look. "for show"

Why do you wash your car? for looks right? no **** dude, we all do things for looks.

It's amazing that you seem to do every "RIGHT" mod on your car. It's also funny that you always hate on cars that are the same as yours.

Have a nice day.
My point--> *

Your head--> *

You are saying it's wrong to have a shiny tip because it serves no purpose (like every mod you, me or anyone has on their cars MUST serve a purpose), its a part that doesn't need to be replaced (like all the mods we do to our cars need to be replaced), wrong bc its not actually chrome (maybe bc its stainless steel?), wrong bc it will most likely rust (its stainless steel) and I don't even know what you were trying to say with ur last one...Your trendz grille must be wrong then right? bc it serves no functional purpose except for looks, didnt need to be replaced, etc. etc. This has nothing to do with me "hating" on you or others cars, it has to do with you talking out of your @$$ again.

You are a hypocrite, plain and simple. Have a nice day.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Eric425
Don't see the big deal. It's just a exhaust tip. It's not like he's putting some huge rice wing on. MDWST51, just ignore all the ********s. As long as you don't go too big, it'll still look classy. Many .orgers got more rice on their cars than just a modest tip. People just give you **** for being new. Flaming someone just for adding something that doesn't up performance is BS. How many orgers have clear bumpers, or a stillen body kit? Yeah, I'm sure replacing the stock orange lights add 20fwhp.
Exactly
Old 02-01-2004, 03:37 AM

Once again a grille and a muffler tip are very different things.....

A trenz grille hasn't been called rice, a 6 inch tip has! I'm trying to help him out.

Did I just say that I do things to my car just for looks? YES I did.

Super Maxima Man Ludacris knows all... I better check with him next time I decide to do ANYTHING to my car, I need him to approve from now on.

.... And yes you do hate on people all of the time, more than half of your posts are all negitave towards someone.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:47 AM
Banned

i am a ricer. i love pointless mods. f@gs. the only rice i have is my tails. if you don't like my muffler then don't look at it. if you don't like my car or something on it...guess what! i don't ****ing care. why would i care what Ludacris thinks? some guy on the internet who i see alot being negative just like what tyrexx said. god if you have to come onto the internet to hate your must have a ****ty day job/life. flame on *** boy.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:58 PM

A trenz grille hasn't been called rice, a 6 inch tip has! I'm trying to help him out.

Super Maxima Man Ludacris knows all... I better check with him next time I decide to do ANYTHING to my car, I need him to approve from now on.

.... And yes you do hate on people all of the time, more than half of your posts are all negitave towards someone.

Tyrexx:

I have no problem with your car, I wouldn't have put the grille on the car but thats just me.

Me:

Trendz Grille = no-function, aesthetics
Shiny chrome exhaust tip = no-function, aesthetics

You:

Trendz Grille = no-function, aesthetics
Shiny chrome exhaust tip = RICE! RICE! RICE! NO FUNCTION! ITS USELESS!

That's basically what I'm trying to tell you man..

-----

Torgus:

My life is going perfect right now, haven't been having more fun in my life. Thanks for the great comments tho! Back to your flame.

Your first post:

"I hate rice, altezzas, blue lights, stickers, blah blah"

My response:

"You have altezzas, blue lights, blah blah"

Your response:

"You're a f@g! Ludacris is ! He thinks he knows everything about cars and always hates on people!!!! GRRR!!"

I wasn't hating on you or your car in particular, I was stating the obvious. You just took everything too personal. I think every coffee can exhaust is ricey looking, not just yours but I don't go around hating on everyone with a coffee can do I? The only other guy that I had an issue with was the guy calling me a sheep for lowering my car, if you guys were not on my side with that then you wouldn't be modding your cars. This is my last response...PM me if you have issues.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Custom User Title

Hey it's his car, let him do what he wants.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:50 PM

Let him do what he wants? He will. However, he posted the thread. Isn't the point of these forums feedback? Whenever I post something I MUST accept positive or negative feedback. These "harsh" responses are from individuals passonate about their cars, as well as other maximas. If someone cannot handle the responses they shouldn't post in the first place. My two cents.

By the way, threnz grilles make the maxima look more like a cadillac (too much bling). Who wants their max to look more like a cadillac?
Old 02-01-2004, 06:01 PM

where did he say he wanted a 6" tip?
Old 02-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Let me be the first to call it RICE. That thing looks like **** on a MAX, put it back on the Escalade you took it from.

SE maximas have a thin metal sleeve over the tip to make it look bigger. That looks kinda gay but it doesn't change the sound of the exhaust. If he want to do this then it's ok I guess. If he wants to cut off the stock tip and weld on a bigger one then the exhaust note WILL change. It will ound like crap.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:11 PM

cant we all just get along ? :\

Quick Reply: Want to make my exhaust LOOK bigger