4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

opinions on changing exterior of my max

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 08:10 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

opinions on changing exterior of my max

on my last thread needing help with my front bumper fitment, plenty of you were more than willing to bash on my max repeatedly. so i figure, since my wing and tails are obviously too ricey, i could get some assistance on what changes need to be made to my car. i'm going to change the rear mainly for now. after the criticism, i assume you would obviously know what's going to clean up the look. i was probably going to switch to red/clear tails and i'm at a loss as to what spoiler to change to (or just to not have one at all).

anyways, i'd appreciate some suggestions on what to do now that i've got the carbon fiber hood and skyline front bumper (which fits now) on my car.....
Old 12-11-2003, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by JDM4LIFE
on my last thread needing help with my front bumper fitment, plenty of you were more than willing to bash on my max repeatedly. so i figure, since my wing and tails are obviously too ricey, i could get some assistance on what changes need to be made to my car. i'm going to change the rear mainly for now. after the criticism, i assume you would obviously know what's going to clean up the look. i was probably going to switch to red/clear tails and i'm at a loss as to what spoiler to change to (or just to not have one at all).

anyways, i'd appreciate some suggestions on what to do now that i've got the carbon fiber hood and skyline front bumper (which fits now) on my car.....

I think that the 'tezzas look good painted like that. The only thing that I don't like is the wing, but that's IMO. If you want to go to a similar look, without all the hinges on it, look at the touring style wing. Or if you want a more subtle look, look at the type 2 wing. The touring wing is what cheston has on his max, and I think it would look good on yours if you went full body kit, but I still like the type 2 better.

BTW, the max looks nice.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:27 AM

i agree, under the right circumstances, those painted tezzas are mighty nice. But for your car red clears or smoked stock tails would look great. However its the wing that kills it! Just get a stock one! or none at all, it looks like a honda accord now
Old 12-11-2003, 01:58 PM

thanks guys, anybody else?
Old 12-11-2003, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by GoalieKeg
I think that the 'tezzas look good painted like that. The only thing that I don't like is the wing, but that's IMO. If you want to go to a similar look, without all the hinges on it, look at the touring style wing. Or if you want a more subtle look, look at the type 2 wing. The touring wing is what cheston has on his max, and I think it would look good on yours if you went full body kit, but I still like the type 2 better.

BTW, the max looks nice.
will i agreed the type 2 wing and full stillen body kit ,ohh dont forget tints and your set
Old 12-11-2003, 07:17 PM

Why don't you post a link to your car or post some pics of your car for those of us that don't want to spend 5 minutes tyring to find your car in the members section. Or simply, put a link to your car in your sig, I just don't understand why more people don't do this here. It takes you 5 minutes to do one time. Sorry, i'm done complaining now.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:32 PM

click the 'www' under his sig
Old 12-11-2003, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by climaxing
Why don't you post a link to your car or post some pics of your car for those of us that don't want to spend 5 minutes tyring to find your car in the members section. Or simply, put a link to your car in your sig, I just don't understand why more people don't do this here. It takes you 5 minutes to do one time. Sorry, i'm done complaining now.
my website link is now directly to my car's page. also, my signature settings show i have the link to my car's page in there...
Old 12-11-2003, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by my99maxisnice
click the 'www' under his sig
Someone please tell me what I am missing b/c underneath his thread is:

The v that tells me if he is offline/online
The PM icon
The search Icon
the buddy icon
Yahoo Messanger
MSN Messanger
Quick reply

I don't see an www and he didn't include his sig. I am really confused now.

Where is the 'www' in this picture:

Old 12-11-2003, 09:16 PM

that's weird...it deifnitely doesn't look like that on mine, maybe a preference in your profile or something.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by climaxing
Someone please tell me what I am missing b/c underneath his thread is:

The v that tells me if he is offline/online
The PM icon
The search Icon
the buddy icon
Yahoo Messanger
MSN Messanger
Quick reply

I don't see an www and he didn't include his sig. I am really confused now.

Where is the 'www' in this picture:

here is the link to his website in case you cant figure this thing out:
http://www.geocities.com/horrorfreakopc/NISMO98.html
Old 12-11-2003, 09:42 PM

your car is hot, minus the spoiler
Old 12-11-2003, 09:54 PM

with the carbon fiber hood, i was thinking that gunmetal wheels would help compliment it. a buddy of mine has some centerline forged 6-spokes (can't remember the name). we put them on my car and they looked good, but that was before the carbon fiber. any thoughts?
Old 12-11-2003, 10:06 PM
living out of a maxima...

Definitely lose the wing... I like the Type 2 idea.

I'm not a big fan of altezzas, but they look okay painted.

Glad to hear you got your issues worked out with the skyline bumper. You should finish off the kit, with the rest skyline, sarona, or ionic, or some combination of the three.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:20 PM

bump once again....
Old 12-14-2003, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by my99maxisnice
that's weird...it deifnitely doesn't look like that on mine, maybe a preference in your profile or something.

JDM4LIFE, sorry to jump your thread like this but does anyone know what that setting is?? Besides, it's a free bump.

Btw, like the car and pretty much what everyone else said. Why not drop that wing and go with the factory wing? Not really feeling those rims but I guess you probably only paid $400 or so as appossed to $1100 for new rims so it looks good but could look better with new rims.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by JDM4LIFE
with the carbon fiber hood, i was thinking that gunmetal wheels would help compliment it. a buddy of mine has some centerline forged 6-spokes (can't remember the name). we put them on my car and they looked good, but that was before the carbon fiber. any thoughts?
Yeah, that would look good, especially if they have a polished lip.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:13 AM

I think those painted altezzas look great on ur car!
Old 12-14-2003, 11:40 AM

Hey JDM4life, when you painted the Altezza's did you take off the black trim that goes around the light? I want to take off my car because its white, it would look soo much cleaner if it was just a solid white, no black trimming outlining the lights. Also IMO, yeah get rid of the wing, it doesnt go with your car, now if you get the skyline kit, try to get a skyline wing, if your heading that direction. Sort looks like a saleen wing, but slightly lower. Can some one photoshop that Idea???? The orginal skyline wing (not the raced out,touring wings) on the back of a max??? just curious how it would look.