4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

it is the WEEKEND... and that means...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 07:23 PM

it is the WEEKEND... and that means...

yes this is a race thread....my 4th gen Vs. 5th gen 2k2 se auto with testpipe, intake and catback ( how i know, the guy told me ). Anywayz i'm driving mu friend home and this 2k2 max pulls up, i give him a good run, and then he asks me what i'm runin. He then asks if i wanna catch a light, and i'm like sure, let me just drop my friend off. The guy fallows me, i drop off my passanger, and we go catch a light. For those of u who live in chicago, we hit it austin and roscoe( by old wright college). Being 5spd, i jumped out on green, had him in 1st, and 2nd. Then in 3rd he gained till my door, but it wasn't enough, parked car in his lane ended the race. It was a good nite. Yeah street racin is bad, but once in a while... you just do stupid stuff!
Old 11-15-2003, 07:31 PM

and what sir, do you have for mods?
Old 11-15-2003, 07:33 PM

i all i have is budget y-pipe, stock resenator and monster flow filter and UDP.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:45 PM

good kill!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:47 PM
ivelweyz

I can vouch for his mods...

Old 11-16-2003, 12:57 AM

thanks david.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:17 AM

good kill.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:34 AM

That 2k2 on the org?
Old 11-16-2003, 09:07 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

haha thats not really race "parked car in his lane ended the race" lol
Old 11-16-2003, 11:21 AM

well we did have room to get up to 90, so i'd say it was close to a 1/4 mile...
Old 11-16-2003, 11:41 AM
BOSS

Originally Posted by SuperFishstick
yes this is a race thread....my 4th gen Vs. 5th gen 2k2 se auto with testpipe, intake and catback ( how i know, the guy told me ). Anywayz i'm driving mu friend home and this 2k2 max pulls up, i give him a good run, and then he asks me what i'm runin. He then asks if i wanna catch a light, and i'm like sure, let me just drop my friend off. The guy fallows me, i drop off my passanger, and we go catch a light. For those of u who live in chicago, we hit it austin and roscoe( by old wright college). Being 5spd, i jumped out on green, had him in 1st, and 2nd. Then in 3rd he gained till my door, but it wasn't enough, parked car in his lane ended the race. It was a good nite. Yeah street racin is bad, but once in a while... you just do stupid stuff!
What's up Michal!? Nice kill! ..."stupid stuff" you say? Nah, everyone's done it, and those who say they have not actually have, but don't admit to it. Hmmm...it's sort of like masturbation I guess.

I mean, I've done it to with the same exact car but stock (my stock 99 SE vs. also an 02 SE)...remeber? - http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=249765

Old 11-16-2003, 05:22 PM

wrecked maxi vs. riced prelude

If you guys want a good story listen to this....The week before I got into an accident..(It was raining I slip into a RAV4)...well had to cange the radiator and grill...anyways...my hood crumpled...had to tie it down with speaker wires I had laying around..well..if you guys can picture this..I have 95 SE maxi with 5-speed...with a frankencar midpipe....an a messed up hood tied down...well I driving home on the freeway I see a rice burner in my rear mirror..(I could tell by its blue windshield nozzle light)...well it flew passed me and exited the same ramp I was getting off at..I got off and pulled to the middle lane...he was on the right of me..well it was I guess a 95 Honda Prelude V-tec with a big aluminum wing...big a$$ dunk style muffler..lowered and load of gauges on his A-Pillar...well he had this system blasting and reving all loud..well I felt a little annoyed of his loud music and showing off his car..well I began to rev it up a little...he looked over and laughed...I rolled down my passenger wndow and looked at him and laughed too...well I guess then it meant the race was on..I naturally rolled up my window and turned off my A/C..well he started to rev his engine louder...light turned green and both our cars were smoking and spinning our tires...well soon I new it we were off and I was one car length in front of him...by the time I was in 3rd gear I was showing him the rear of my car....when we got down to the next light which was about 1/4 mile away...I flashed him with my hazard and saluted him with my maxima's rice burner anthem......I don't know...either my car has some other mods that I don't know or maybe that rice burner was kinda slow...hehhe
Old 11-16-2003, 10:31 PM

Good Kill bro. With the 02's mods, he should be trapping ~ 95 mph in the 1/4. Your car is pretty bad-a s s. Do you have newer tires on your car ?

GREAT SPOT where you guys tangled. I have raced many a rice there, and of note have taken out Chrysler 300M, 5th Gen Honda Prelude, Lincoln LS V8, and Dodge Hemi Ram.

On the first three, I've been in the inside lane. On the Ram race, I was in the curb lane, bad idea, the grade of the road is favorable in inside lane, so I spun straight through intersection before I managed to hook and eat the Ram.

At the next intersection, across the street from the school, there is a guy with a riced out STI, has all kinds of rally stickers on the side, its always parked on left side of that street. Also a Civic SI is always pkd near intersection.

Be safe.

Fernando