4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stupid Dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 02:34 PM

Stupid Dealership!

Well, I took my car in today to have the alternator checked (recall). My car was in the shop for 2 hours while they replaced the alternator. When they were done, I was driving it home and noticed that the car was very sluggish and had no power in the low end. I pulled over and looked under the hood. To my surprise, a fuel line hose had a huge crimp in it that was starving the engine. By now, I was raging mad and took it back to the dealership. I told them that they were complete idiots and that they had no business working on cars. The service manager was very embarassed and fixed my car right away. He then offered me a free oil change. I accepted the oil change but still told him that their techs are retards. Anywho, I will never take my car back to a dealership.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am unsure why you were mad?

They made a mistake, and they fixed it "right away" and then offered you a free oil change.

You got a free alternator and oil change...

What did I miss?
Old 05-05-2003, 03:39 PM

hehe, calm down it woulda been worse if they actually broke something :P
Old 05-05-2003, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by Entropy
I am unsure why you were mad?

They made a mistake, and they fixed it "right away" and then offered you a free oil change.

You got a free alternator and oil change...

What did I miss?
Actually, I'm blown away that they offered anything!

When a dealer broke my O2 sensor harness they wanted ME to pay!
They said that their techs are very well trained and that they
don't make mistakes (PUH-LEASE!)

Yeah, what happens sucked, but they did fix it and offer compensation!

FLO_BOY
Old 05-05-2003, 04:30 PM

Re: Stupid Dealership!

Originally posted by heems27
Well, I took my car in today to have the alternator checked (recall). My car was in the shop for 2 hours while they replaced the alternator. When they were done, I was driving it home and noticed that the car was very sluggish and had no power in the low end. I pulled over and looked under the hood. To my surprise, a fuel line hose had a huge crimp in it that was starving the engine. By now, I was raging mad and took it back to the dealership. I told them that they were complete idiots and that they had no business working on cars. The service manager was very embarassed and fixed my car right away. He then offered me a free oil change. I accepted the oil change but still told him that their techs are retards. Anywho, I will never take my car back to a dealership.
so when your timing chain guides go bad , I assume that you will do it your self then ...
Old 05-05-2003, 04:38 PM

Re: Re: Stupid Dealership!

Originally posted by Kashoggio
so when your timing chain guides go bad , I assume that you will do it your self then ...
Im getting my timing chain tensionor/guides or whatever it might be fixed up friday... $200 labor + parts from a private mechanic... I got extremely lucky on that one since i've heard the dealer rapes people for $1200 or so...
Old 05-05-2003, 05:55 PM

How are you gonna get your free oil change if you don't go back to that dealership?
Old 05-05-2003, 07:09 PM

unless they already did the oild change..... lol.....

I can understand getting screwed by a dealership..... Its happened to just about everyone here.... I found a local mechanic that I will be taking my car to for repairs. His labor rates are very low and he seems to do good work, and he is also rather quick in doing the repairs too...
Old 05-05-2003, 08:37 PM

Re: Re: Stupid Dealership!

Originally posted by Kashoggio
No, I'll find a good mechanic that will do it a lot cheaper than the dealership. The only reason why I went to the stealership was because of the RECALL. I stay away from the dealers at all costs.
By the way, any self-respecting Max owner would get angry if a dealership messed up their car.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:27 PM

"You guys are complete idiots and have no business working on cars! Now get in there and change my oil you retards!"
Old 05-05-2003, 09:32 PM

Old 05-05-2003, 09:50 PM

Re: Stupid Dealership!

Help me out here: The fuel line is on the other side of the engine than the alternator. So, how did it "accidentally" get bent/crimped?

I take it that you don't work on mechanical devices very often. Stuff just happens sometimes. Engine bays are very tight spaces to work in.
The only thing you can do when you err, is to apologize, and make it right, which this dealership did. Kudo's to them. Personally, I would continue to give them my business. But not if I threw a hissy fit the last time I was there: My brakelines might get crimped next time.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Stupid Dealership!

By the way, any self-respecting Max owner would get angry if a dealership messed up their car.
Believe me, Nissan Canada has a file on me

FLO_BOY
Old 05-05-2003, 10:11 PM

Sometimes you are better off not taking it to a dealership...... I think its better to find a good mechanic who will give you a fair price on labor and actually have respect for your car.......