4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ever realize how good u have it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 07:41 PM

ever realize how good u have it?

im trying to go to sleep last night (when i get down to some hard thinking because it takes me like 30 minutes to finally fall asleep) and i realize how completely great the maxima is.

my mom has a 97 bmw 328is

my brother has a 95 honda prelude Si

both automatic

the driving experience in the maxima is uncomparable, nothin like makina perfect down shift around a turn, or a perfect launch next to some guy in an integra. in the 328 and the prelude, everything is so close together. i love the maxima and all its room to breathe, i cant believe i got this car for such little $ (comparably) and it achieves what other cars only hope to copy. just wanted to speak my mind, and DONT YELL AT ME FOR DOING IT!! AHHH THE VOICES ARE SAYING EVIL THINGS! GO AWAY GO AWAY!
Old 02-24-2003, 09:30 PM

i hear you on that! i have owned 2 maximas (96 and 99) 96 was auto 99 is 5 speed. i just love it. the engine is speechless. it is the complete car. just love it when people try to pass you and then they realize that it aint no ordinary family car.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:59 PM

Amen to that! I relize how good I have it anytime anyone of my friends try to pass me in their Pontiac Grand Prixs, Oldsmobile Aleros, or even their VW Passat 1.8 turbo just cant keep up with the max
Old 02-25-2003, 09:03 AM
Cheesing away...

The only bad thing is the not so good relsale value.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by vsidesupratt1
The only bad thing is the not so good relsale value.
Are you kidding?!! That's the best feature... if you buy one used, like I did!
Old 02-25-2003, 12:24 PM

You guys really don't know how good you have it. I now know completely what they mean by that phrase "Don't know what you got, til its gone." I recently lost my 95. I knew that car was GREAT and I loved it with all my heart. I had so many good memories in that car. Now that its gone, I really do miss everything about it and also realize how sweet it really was, and rare too. I've been trying to find another Black 5 spd SE 95-96, and cannot find one.

I'm never gonna find another car as nice as that for under $6500....

Take care of your Maximas, and they'll take care of you. Don't ever ask your car to give you more than you or it can handle, because thats when bad things happen
Old 02-25-2003, 12:41 PM

Tis True

Gotta agree...

I've whooped every species of yuppie car on the road. Beamers suck. Even though I would drive a 5 series. Shhh, keep that low.
Suprisingly, one car that also packs more punch than it seems, and I have admittedly lost a few races to is the Lexus
Old 02-25-2003, 12:57 PM

Old 02-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by cscm094
You guys really don't know how good you have it. I now know completely what they mean by that phrase "Don't know what you got, til its gone." I recently lost my 95. I knew that car was GREAT and I loved it with all my heart. I had so many good memories in that car. Now that its gone, I really do miss everything about it and also realize how sweet it really was, and rare too. I've been trying to find another Black 5 spd SE 95-96, and cannot find one.

I'm never gonna find another car as nice as that for under $6500....

Take care of your Maximas, and they'll take care of you. Don't ever ask your car to give you more than you or it can handle, because thats when bad things happen
I sort of know what you mean when I crashed mine and had to live without it for 3 weeks not knowing if it was going to be fixed correctly or possibly totalled. For the first 6 months I owned it I never really appreciated it until after I got it back after the crash. I almost cried the day I went to pick it up and saw it in perfect condition
Old 02-25-2003, 01:01 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

I recently moved 45 miles from work, 60 miles from school. So I bought a little cheesey '86 Nova as a commuter car. After driving that piece of s. 5 days a week, sometimes 2+ hours a day, when I do get in my Maxima - oh my gosh!!!! It feels like an LS400. I miss it! I get my tunes back, my power windows/locks, my power seats, my leather, my electronic climate control, my speed, my handling, my room/comfort, etc. I love my Max.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I completely agree, it will be very hard to let go of my Maxima. It's treated me so well for nearly 5 years and 60K miles of ownership. NOT ONCE has it been to a shop for repair. All maintenance has been done by me and nearly all the problems I had with the car were from modifications. 93K miles, lots of 1/4 mile passes, stock clutch. Amazing. Reliability overall is flat our amazing. The VQ is extremely strong and it just amazes me that a 3.0 NA V6 with a handful of simple bolt-ons is capable of potential mid-13s NA (JWT ecu/VIM, bolt-ons). I can't think of any other sporty sedan that can match this amount of performance dollar for dollar.

Minor gripes:

1) Fairly light steering, but at least it's percise
2) Rear beam suspension. It handles very well, but it can be harsh
3) Inconsistent clutch. My clutch seems to have mind of it's own in terms of where it wants to catch. I also experience clutch chatter occasionally.

I may be getting a new job shortly and I'm hoping to negoitate a 20-25% raise. If this is the case, I'll seriously be looking at other cars, but it will kill me to give up the reliability. I'm also considering on getting a "fun" 3rd car like a Miata or 5.0 Mustang.

Dave
Old 02-25-2003, 01:30 PM

yea i know how u guys feel...even tho there are so many 4th gen maximas out there, i still always give the car a loving glance after i watch the signals blink when i lock the doors.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:38 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally posted by Dave B
I completely agree, it will be very hard to let go of my Maxima. It's ... think of any other sporty sedan that can match this amount of performance dollar for dollar.

Minor gripes:

1) Fairly light steering, but at least it's percise
2) Rear beam suspension. It handles very well, but it can be harsh
3) Inconsistent clutch. My clutch seems to have mind of it's own in terms of where it wants to catch. I also experience clutch chatter occasionally.

I may ... I'm also considering on getting a "fun" 3rd car like a Miata or 5.0 Mustang.

Dave
My minor gripes aren't quite as technical as yours Dave - lol:

1) No engine compartment light
2) No outside temp. display with the electronic climate control
3) Primitive trunk hinge/spring system
4) No folding rear seat
5) Weak cupholder(s)
Old 02-25-2003, 01:44 PM

i would agree. but i would agree more with the fact that we are all able to afford a maxima and mod it. there are many people out there who make each month what some members spend on bigger mods. next time you drive, look at a 40 year old moms with three kids driving a beater car and you will be thankful you drive the maxima.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally posted by Romeo
i would agree. but i would agree more with the fact that we are all able to afford a maxima and mod it. there are many people out there who make each month what some members spend on bigger mods. next time you drive, look at a 40 year old moms with three kids driving a beater car and you will be thankful you drive the maxima.

You would agree with what?

Who said they were not thankful they drive a Maxima?