4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Another dummy ran into me.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 09:56 PM

Another dummy ran into me.

I must have the ****tiest luck on the face of the earth. There are more people in the city of Toronto that have HIT supercharged 4th gens, than there are supercharged 4th gen owners.

I pulled into a gas station today, parked up in line to get gas, and some pickup truck started backing up towards me. I noticed, and sat on the horn.

5 seconds later, still holding the horn, still being backed up into.

2 seconds later, still holding the horn, looking for a place I can move the car into quickly, which is a no go because everythings blocked off.

4 seconds later, still holding the horn, the idiot backs right into my driver side door, THEN stops. Yay for intelligent people.

Minor paint scratches, the entire driverside door panel popped inwards, but luckily popped back out when the moron removed her truck from my door. However, I'm left with 3 deep marks, that look almost like someone put a good hundred pounds of pressure into a keymark. I'm fairly convinced a dent place won't be able to get them out and have the door looking new again. What sort of panel replacement can be done on our doors? I've never seen the exterior of my doors removed so mind the dumb question (just seen the interior panels )
Old 12-20-2002, 07:30 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Re: Another dummy ran into me.

What crappy luck...did you get her insurance info?
Old 12-20-2002, 08:04 AM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Another dummy ran into me.

Originally posted by ereet
I must have the ****tiest luck on the face of the earth. There are more people in the city of Toronto that have HIT supercharged 4th gens, than there are supercharged 4th gen owners.

I pulled into a gas station today, parked up in line to get gas, and some pickup truck started backing up towards me. I noticed, and sat on the horn.

5 seconds later, still holding the horn, still being backed up into.

2 seconds later, still holding the horn, looking for a place I can move the car into quickly, which is a no go because everythings blocked off.

4 seconds later, still holding the horn, the idiot backs right into my driver side door, THEN stops. Yay for intelligent people.

Minor paint scratches, the entire driverside door panel popped inwards, but luckily popped back out when the moron removed her truck from my door. However, I'm left with 3 deep marks, that look almost like someone put a good hundred pounds of pressure into a keymark. I'm fairly convinced a dent place won't be able to get them out and have the door looking new again. What sort of panel replacement can be done on our doors? I've never seen the exterior of my doors removed so mind the dumb question (just seen the interior panels )
Woman or not.....I would have kicked her a$$
Old 12-20-2002, 10:14 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

Re: Re: Another dummy ran into me.

Originally posted by Aaron95SE

Woman or not.....I would have kicked her a$$
are you sure about that?

I'm sorry to hear ereet, but at least now you get to repaint or even get a new door! (w/o cost)
Old 12-21-2002, 06:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Another dummy ran into me.

I got all her insurance, and I'm going to try to get it without cost, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off.

If it comes up that they think the car was parked (which it was, as I was waiting in line for the gas station), I get free ride w/o deductable because it's entirely her fault for hitting a parked car. Hopefully I'll be able to get away with that, but you never know, insurance can be a pain sometimes .
Old 12-21-2002, 07:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another dummy ran into me.

Did you get the police to write up a report?

With some people whose car sustains no damage, they might reverse their story and then it's your word vs. theirs.

Also, re: parked car. Was your engine running? In any case, you still could make an argument (though not as strong) since your car wasn't moving...