4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Twin Turbo For 4th Generation Maximas!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 02:53 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by 97maximase5spd
Mecca, even though I think there is a 95% chance that this shop is full of $h!t, I hope for your sake that there is at least some credibility to your story. I'd be hyped up too if i heard this (and very skeptical) but unless I had proof, I would've kept my mouth shut.

For example, I was working on a turbo project that should've been finished early this summer. The plans were drawn on CAD 3-D. We had a mandrel, custom fabricated motor mounts, the downpipe was complete, and best of all it was going to require no cutting. Install yourself with instructional video. But guess what, I kept my mouth shut until I was 100% done. The mandrel shop's bender broke down as they were making 90 deg. bends for intercooler pipes. Guess what... they decided to sell the bender and are now planning to move out of the area.

Moral of the story... don't say anything unless you're 100% sure it has been done and is gonna work!
True, very true.. and shops tend to have unexpected obstacles...

My moral of the story: Don't do any favors for the org
Old 12-14-2002, 03:45 PM
Sin

Why are you guys being so confrontational?

meccanoble, a well respected org member, has happened to come across someone that to the best of his knowledge, is interested in working on a turbo kit for us. Yes, some of the information being relayed seems too good to be true, but what if the kit does come out? Honestly guys, we 8itch and moan that there isn't enough aftermarket support for us, then when people start getting ambitious, all you guys want to do is player hate. Why should people like meccanoble and the previous turbo pioneers do us the great favour of finding ambitious mod shops that are willing to take a chance on us, if all that's going to happen is accusations of lies and basically being treated as if they were a Honda owner.

Just lay off him for now. It's not as if it's even in his hands. It's up to the shop to make this work, not meccanoble. If this kit works out, it's the shop and meccanoble that deserve praise. If the kit doesn't happen, there is no one to blame but the people that were so negative right from the beginning.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:01 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Re: Why are you guys being so confrontational?

Originally posted by Sin
meccanoble, a well respected org member, has happened to come across someone that to the best of his knowledge, is interested in working on a turbo kit for us. Yes, some of the information being relayed seems too good to be true, but what if the kit does come out? Honestly guys, we 8itch and moan that there isn't enough aftermarket support for us, then when people start getting ambitious, all you guys want to do is player hate. Why should people like meccanoble and the previous turbo pioneers do us the great favour of finding ambitious mod shops that are willing to take a chance on us, if all that's going to happen is accusations of lies and basically being treated as if they were a Honda owner.

Just lay off him for now. It's not as if it's even in his hands. It's up to the shop to make this work, not meccanoble. If this kit works out, it's the shop and meccanoble that deserve praise. If the kit doesn't happen, there is no one to blame but the people that were so negative right from the beginning.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:03 PM
www.autotalk.com

Re: Why are you guys being so confrontational?

Originally posted by Sin

well said!
Old 12-14-2002, 04:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am still waiting for the $2000 turbo kit

I think some people start out with good intentions and then realize that they can't do what they thought they could. But a twin turbo with a new engine for the price of a single turbo kit is little hard to belive no matter how optimistic you are.

I don't think meccanoble should be banned for beliving somebody who is probably way to optimistic, but when else can I use this smiley --
So now we just wait and see --
Old 12-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Sin

Originally posted by Anachronism
I am still waiting for the $2000 turbo kit

I think some people start out with good intentions and then realize that they can't do what they thought they could. But a twin turbo with a new engine for the price of a single turbo kit is little hard to belive no matter how optimistic you are.

I don't think meccanoble should be banned for beliving somebody who is probably way to optimistic, but when else can I use this smiley --
So now we just wait and see --
Assuming meccanoble has been telling the truth all along, a stipulation I believe he has earned, even if it doesn't happen, it's not his fault the kit does not end up being $2000 if it ends up happening at all. It's the fault of the shop for being overly optimistic. In any case, it's no reason to start dumping on meccanoble. Even meccanoble admitted that it seemed unlikely for them to be able to offer as much as they say the kit will offer, for the price they have given thus far.

Guys, meccanoble is in practically the same position as the rest of us right now. We're all hoping and praying, not only for another source and thus competition in the world of offering turbo kits for us, but that this shop will actually do what it has said it would. The only difference between you haters and meccanoble is that he's gotten off his butt and done something, which is a lot more than the rest of you negative people can say.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:38 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by Sin

Assuming meccanoble has been telling the truth all along, a stipulation I believe he has earned, even if it doesn't happen, it's not his fault the kit does not end up being $2000 if it ends up happening at all. It's the fault of the shop for being overly optimistic. In any case, it's no reason to start dumping on meccanoble. Even meccanoble admitted that it seemed unlikely for them to be able to offer as much as they say the kit will offer, for the price they have given thus far.

Guys, meccanoble is in practically the same position as the rest of us right now. We're all hoping and praying, not only for another source and thus competition in the world of offering turbo kits for us, but that this shop will actually do what it has said it would. The only difference between you haters and meccanoble is that he's gotten off his butt and done something, which is a lot more than the rest of you negative people can say.
Sin's on a roll...
Old 12-14-2002, 05:01 PM
Sin

Originally posted by max002

Sin's on a roll...
I just can't stand watching meccanoble getting dumped on by all these pretentious supposed Maxima enthusiasts. It's one thing to express that you don't believe it will happen. It's another to start blaming meccanoble for everything.

Depending on my situation this summer, I may purchase a welder and start some work on things I've been meaning to start for the longest time, i.e. welding up exhaust components, intake piping, intercooler piping, etc, etc. I did some of the welding on my T-304 3" downpipe back exhaust on my Volvo 850 Turbo. But honestly, with such negativity on the board, much of the things I do work on, I realize are not worth bringing out into the open. What things? Well, intakes. I have a design that flows better (according to flow analysis at RIM) than the regular hybrid pipes. I made a couple of them and there are a few (2) Maximas in Toronto running them right now. How about trouble free electronics for VI's? Well yah! When I decided that it would be my next "big" mod, I knew I would have to design and work out better switchover electronics. So I had a buddy at RIM work on it with me, and guess what? It works just great. And if you have a Blackberry pager, you can even program the VI using the Blackberry PDA. My friend that helped me work out the electronics uses a similar design to change the dampening on his Koni shocks/struts. For his design, he uses a joystick that he ripped from an imitation playstation dual shock and a modified RIM PDA. For my design, there is a reader board that can be hidden in the dash. All you need to do is use the PDA to send a signal to the unit to change the switchover point. And guess what? With VERY little work, I can make this an extra security feature? How? Add a simple board, and a couple switches controlled by the board. Have the switches hooked up to the fuel pump, ignition, etc.

Will I ever bother trying to market these to the org? NO WAY! Why? Because I've seen just how much crap has to happen in order for it any venture like this to be successful. And it's just not worth it. I'd rather keep things to myself, and my small band of car enthusiat buddies. One of them is importing cars from Japan as project cars now. What cars? RX-7's, and tri rotors, and the other a Supra. The good news is, they only cost about $10,000 Can. The bad news? Only right hand drive.
Old 12-14-2002, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by Sin

I just can't stand watching meccanoble getting dumped on by all these pretentious supposed Maxima enthusiasts. It's one thing to express that you don't believe it will happen. It's another to start blaming meccanoble for everything.

Depending on my situation this summer, I may purchase a welder and start some work on things I've been meaning to start for the longest time, i.e. welding up exhaust components, intake piping, intercooler piping, etc, etc. I did some of the welding on my T-304 3" downpipe back exhaust on my Volvo 850 Turbo. But honestly, with such negativity on the board, much of the things I do work on, I realize are not worth bringing out into the open. What things? Well, intakes. I have a design that flows better (according to flow analysis at RIM) than the regular hybrid pipes. I made a couple of them and there are a few (2) Maximas in Toronto running them right now. How about trouble free electronics for VI's? Well yah! When I decided that it would be my next "big" mod, I knew I would have to design and work out better switchover electronics. So I had a buddy at RIM work on it with me, and guess what? It works just great. And if you have a Blackberry pager, you can even program the VI using the Blackberry PDA. My friend that helped me work out the electronics uses a similar design to change the dampening on his Koni shocks/struts. For his design, he uses a joystick that he ripped from an imitation playstation dual shock and a modified RIM PDA. For my design, there is a reader board that can be hidden in the dash. All you need to do is use the PDA to send a signal to the unit to change the switchover point. And guess what? With VERY little work, I can make this an extra security feature? How? Add a simple board, and a couple switches controlled by the board. Have the switches hooked up to the fuel pump, ignition, etc.

Will I ever bother trying to market these to the org? NO WAY! Why? Because I've seen just how much crap has to happen in order for it any venture like this to be successful. And it's just not worth it. I'd rather keep things to myself, and my small band of car enthusiat buddies. One of them is importing cars from Japan as project cars now. What cars? RX-7's, and tri rotors, and the other a Supra. The good news is, they only cost about $10,000 Can. The bad news? Only right hand drive.
i totally agree with this. Meccanoble has a pretty good rep on the org, why would he just come out of no where and talk about a TT?, what is he going to gain from lieing?...nothing

anu
Old 12-14-2002, 10:18 PM
www.autotalk.com

And the worst thing is that most of the MODERATORS are bashing on him. They should be the ones who should take his side sicne he is trying to get something done for the maximas!
Old 12-14-2002, 10:29 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by Max4Speed
And the worst thing is that most of the MODERATORS are bashing on him. They should be the ones who should take his side sicne he is trying to get something done for the maximas!
Or at least just tell everyone to just shut up and wait. Aren't moderators supposed to be neutral. It's in the implied definition of the job.

But oh no, they'll come back here and either remove stickie status.. or lock/delete this.. or come and bish some more. Just watch..
Old 12-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Sin

Originally posted by max002

Or at least just tell everyone to just shut up and wait. Aren't moderators supposed to be neutral. It's in the implied definition of the job.

But oh no, they'll come back here and either remove stickie status.. or lock/delete this.. or come and bish some more. Just watch..

LOL!
Old 12-15-2002, 08:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

im sorry im not as soft as everyone else who is turning this into a rightous thread of how we are all being to hard on him. Like I said the whole basis of the org is it seems to be a mojority of very mature people who know how to properly present products. If we jumped on all the half *** ideas that were told by someone with half *** research we would be dissapointed way too often. I remember i threw arouond a couple inventions a while ago and after hyping everyone up i failed in producing them, i felt stupid as hell. I realized now we shoulnt be every typical forum and just jump on everything. We're not bashing on anyone for trying to bring more aftermarket, we are hazing the new person at work as to sink in what we are trying to say, and that is, bring it whole or don't bring it at all. If we hadn't come down so hard on him lets, bet honest, and no offense, to mecca, you would keep feeding us ear candy for months on end. What we have accomplished here is that we have given him more motivation and knowledge to complete the whole project. Don't get soft on me, what we did was right. It's called tough love, and let it be said, the more we do this, the more we get 1 amazing mod a year, then 100000 b.s. mods a week. Anyone with me or am I too much of a dik? I say this thing get locked because it rilly is pointless. Keep this in mind mecca, im not saying ur a liar, im just saying no point in talking about something that isnt there. When you get all the info we can all have an imformative back and forth thread going.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm needing a caw

WTF? How did this turn into a moderator thing. If you haven't noticed, this thread is stickied for everyone . And if we didn't delete/lock threads, you would be reading 10,000 ebay maxima timing advance mods for $5. You guys want that crap on .org too?

If you guys have a problem w/ the moderation:
1) Post it in feedback
2) Take it to email/pms
3) Leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

thanks
Old 12-15-2002, 11:22 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by Jeff92se
WTF? How did this turn into a moderator thing. If you haven't noticed, this thread is stickied for everyone . And if we didn't delete/lock threads, you would be reading 10,000 ebay maxima timing advance mods for $5. You guys want that crap on .org too?

1) Post it in feedback
2) Take it to email/pms

thanks

and let his word become LAW!!!

Old 12-15-2002, 11:26 AM
Sin

Originally posted by NotNew!!NewSN!!
bring it whole or don't bring it at all.
I totally disagree with this point. Bringing something like this to the attention of the org is nececcary. Why would the mod shop even begin this investment if there wasn't a market for it. And where is a great place for the market? I dunno, maybe the org.

As for motivation, c'mon, it's a turbo kit that he could eventually get on his car for a great price. What more motivation is required?

I'm not upset at the people that simply said they wanted to see more. I'm upset at the people that basically treated him like crap, with no other contributions whatsoever.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:30 AM
Ludicrous Speed

constructive criticism.. everyone that said it was BS because of (insert factual/technical situation here) are ok because they have reason.

And it's not a moderator thing at all. Someone just noticed that some of the people bashing without being constructive happened to be moderators. But you know what, forget the whole moderator thing that way less people's feelings get hurt.. i'm just gonna grab some popcorn and watch this sucka for updates from meccanoble. Then again I might get my hopes up by a forum about cars on the internet and it'll be the end of the world for me because of lack of evidence/pics so i'll have to start bashing on you mecca.... that's just the way it is. Sorry dude
Old 12-15-2002, 12:06 PM

Well i for one offered my car up to be the test monkey. If this happens i frikken want in!!
Old 12-15-2002, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by Nick Robinson
Well i for one offered my car up to be the test monkey. If this happens i frikken want in!!

are you fronting the $$$$ too??? if not, then I doubt they want your car.

If you are, then shooot meccca an email and lets get the ball rolling.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:31 PM

I already emailed him. I need more info and pricing and stuff before I do anything.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:49 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

the reason why everyone jumped in meccas shiet is because jumped his own gun. he should have came in here and posted in more sensible manner (which he did later). then it wouldnt have turned into a bash session.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by nismo2020
the reason why everyone jumped in meccas shiet is because jumped his own gun. he should have came in here and posted in more sensible manner (which he did later). then it wouldnt have turned into a bash session.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:42 AM

i'm gonna have to give meccanoble some credit. he may've jumped the gun, but nonetheless, he's definitely not a BSer. he IS one of the brave, the few who pulled the auto-to-5spd swap. he's never been known to be a liar on here and has always seemed to be a decent .org "resident". anyways, we also jumped the gun by immediately posting on it like crazy demanding everything all at once. lol, i almost have sympathy on the people who make parts for our cars. has anyone noticed how harsh we are? granted, he posted without the pics, but remember, we don't try to ban custommaxima.com for him usually taking obscene amounts of time for getting evidence about his "upcoming" products either. whenever this turbo kit does come out though, i'll be awaitin btw, for the post i saw in this thread about why dual turbo? i dunno about in our case, but on cars like supras, the twin turbo setup always spools up and creates more boost quicker than a big, single turbo setup.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:26 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by JDM4LIFE
i'm gonna have to give meccanoble some credit. he may've jumped the gun, but nonetheless, he's definitely not a BSer. he IS one of the brave, the few who pulled the auto-to-5spd swap. he's never been known to be a liar on here and has always seemed to be a decent .org "resident". anyways, we also jumped the gun by immediately posting on it like crazy demanding everything all at once. lol, i almost have sympathy on the people who make parts for our cars. has anyone noticed how harsh we are? granted, he posted without the pics, but remember, we don't try to ban custommaxima.com for him usually taking obscene amounts of time for getting evidence about his "upcoming" products either. whenever this turbo kit does come out though, i'll be awaitin btw, for the post i saw in this thread about why dual turbo? i dunno about in our case, but on cars like supras, the twin turbo setup always spools up and creates more boost quicker than a big, single turbo setup.
double

Of course my technical reason for TT is that the phrase "Hey baby, yeah...it's a twin turbo " will get me tons of play time with the girlies... not to mention you have a TT car with an incredibly comfortable back seat compared to Supras, Eclipses, Rexes, etc.. Catch my drift? hehe
Old 12-16-2002, 10:29 AM

well, I think even if any mod posted this, they would get flamed. The post just doesn't make sense, how could you possibly get NEW engines included in the price of a twin turbo. It just makes the poster look stupid if they don't have all the info. It's like me coming in here and saying, there's gonna be this mod, you get 20 hp, and it'll cost $20. Woohoo!
Old 12-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by mrb23
well, I think even if any mod posted this, they would get flamed. The post just doesn't make sense, how could you possibly get NEW engines included in the price of a twin turbo. It just makes the poster look stupid if they don't have all the info. It's like me coming in here and saying, there's gonna be this mod, you get 20 hp, and it'll cost $20. Woohoo!
It makes absolute perfect sense to me. Maybe that's because I do a lot of new things as far as mods and am involved in the mod market frequently. Currently working on a bodykit and I'm offering a free kit to whoever donates the pieces i need to mold off of. This is because i don't have to fork out the $700 for what i need, and it costs me less than that to make a kit so i'll just give them a free finished new kit. Then they can show it off and get me business instead of me putting it on my car only, while i drive around all primered and everything because of lack of time to get it painted.

It's very simple. VQ30 price = $2500 (at most sometimes), TT setup maybe another $5k for just the engine piping and IC not including all the other gauges and goodies. That's $7500 right? Well, they need a car and it will cost them another $6000 if they're lucky to get a decent salvaged 4th gen, as well as the time needed to find that decent one. $13000+ would be the cost in producing this kit...and that's optimistic, but that's their budget in this fictional example. And so if they get a donor car, they have that $6k that they didn't spend and can apply it to a discount. That, and the shop doesn't have to worry about having its own Maxima that they bought and now need to sell or get it out in the open so others can be interested in the product. The shop can go about it's own business while some guy with their modified TT Maxima can go around NJ (where there are an ishload of 4th gens) and get customers...all this while the shop went on with its daily routine of operation. It's called sponsorship.

I expect that this kit will work if they can get:
Engines: $1200
TT, I/C, & piping + a few other parts for functionality: $2800

Total of around $4k for this set-up, BUT most likely it wouldn't include the gauges, timers, full exhaust to muffler (like harold's), etc...

It probably wouldn't be beneficial for the VQ to have TT given the amount of room available and it's possible HP limit of around 450-500HP at crank... but it's been mentioned before that this setup would be either for the hardcore boost cravers, the show-offs, or people like myself that are thinking with their head ( and not the one on my neck ).

-Mario
Old 12-16-2002, 02:09 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by Jeff92se

1) Post it in feedback
2) Take it to email/pms

thanks

I just stickied this thread as a favor to Jeff. This way he wont have to go digging to find it six months from now when he asks how the project is coming along...

Old 12-16-2002, 02:45 PM

Hmmmmm!

Man, most of us get pretty excited when it comes to a Twin Turbo. That's awesome. It's kinda like telling people at Jenny Craig about a new candybar that is made of something more sweeter than sugar and makes you loose ten pounds a minute. I can't wait to see the outcome.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just curious ... who would build a TT VQ without a car for it to go into? Why would they take the totally random initiative to create this without a customer already lined up?

If this comes about, that will be great. But I doubt it'll be as cheap as current turbo kits.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:09 PM

i predict a TT car will be made here shortly... but not by this company...

Old 12-16-2002, 04:25 PM

I am not saying that anyone is lying in this situation...Maybe someone is being lied too about this whole deal... If they don't have a car in the shop to measure how much room they have for the setup, how are they even pretending to have a clue?!?! Maybe the shop has 2 turbos, an intercooler, and have "ideas", but I really REALLY doubt that they have the "kit" ready, and just need a car to "drop it into". I am not gonna hate on anyone, because it is very possible that the shop lied to him and he just relayed what he heard... I would just simply go to the shop and physically SEE the product.. Once someone can say they saw the kit, touched it, I will get excited.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:42 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

When Nigel posted and said he was coming out with a turbo kit, everyone posted saying they were lined up ready to buy... When harold posted up saying he was making a turbo kit, everyone posted up saying they were ready to buy... and yet, how many turbo Maxima's do we really have... I know of 10, mayyyybbeee 11 total, at least that have ever posted on this forum, including 3rd gens and one 1st gen. So now suddenly everyone is going to fork out the money for a new engine AND turbo's... right, sure, okay...
Old 12-16-2002, 07:44 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Originally posted by JDM4LIFE
i'm gonna have to give meccanoble some credit. he may've jumped the gun, but nonetheless, he's definitely not a BSer. he IS one of the brave, the few who pulled the auto-to-5spd swap.
he just sold his auto and got a 5-sp.

i think we still need some proof.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:20 PM

Whoever said this thread was like hearing about news of a candy bar sweeter than sugar that makes you lose weight, that was some funny stuff! But like Nick Carroway in The Great Gatsby, I tend to reserve judgment.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:34 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by slimer

he just sold his auto and got a 5-sp.

i think we still need some proof.
I never sold my car, it was totaled after some crazy heffa flipped me, and its not an AUTO, its a TRANSEXUAL

Guys, i don't have an update yet but wednesday is my last final and thursday i'm going to get some dynomat put into my car, then PERSONALLY take a trip with a friend down to this shop and see this sh*t for myself. I also looked throughout the pages and came up with a lot of questions to ask these guys so that the sales go smoothly if it all works out like i think it will.

COMMUNICATION is very limited with me and others too far away, if ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS please list them here. So far the questions that have been asked which will be sent to be answered are:

PRICE?
FITMENT ISSUES?
ANY EXTRA UPGRADING?
HP?

the only thing i can guarantee now from what i know is that compared to the price of other turbo's, for what your getting in this, you all will be satisfied with the pricing....

P.S. - THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE STOOD UP FOR ME IN THIS THREAD. THIS IS NOT MY SALE NOR AM I A CREATOR OF THIS TURBO/ENGINE, NOR WILL I MAKE PROFIT FROM IT, just passing along what i thought would be very INTERESTING INFORMATION.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:58 PM

Originally posted by meccanoble

I never sold my car, it was totaled after some crazy heffa flipped me, and its not an AUTO, its a TRANSEXUAL

Guys, i don't have an update yet but wednesday is my last final and thursday i'm going to get some dynomat put into my car, then PERSONALLY take a trip with a friend down to this shop and see this sh*t for myself. I also looked throughout the pages and came up with a lot of questions to ask these guys so that the sales go smoothly if it all works out like i think it will.

COMMUNICATION is very limited with me and others too far away, if ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS please list them here. So far the questions that have been asked which will be sent to be answered are:

PRICE?
FITMENT ISSUES?
ANY EXTRA UPGRADING?
HP?

the only thing i can guarantee now from what i know is that compared to the price of other turbo's, for what your getting in this, you all will be satisfied with the pricing....

P.S. - THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE STOOD UP FOR ME IN THIS THREAD. THIS IS NOT MY SALE NOR AM I A CREATOR OF THIS TURBO/ENGINE, NOR WILL I MAKE PROFIT FROM IT, just passing along what i thought would be very INTERESTING INFORMATION.
Dude I got nuttin but love 4 ya. And I bet these guys giving you trouble are the same pious and self-righteous jerks that flamed me when I was a newbie. I mean come on, if you really are BSing, there will be plenty of time to crucify you later, not that I would take part. As I have said before, if somebody doesn't like a post the best thing to do is just ignore it, especially the ones that don't stay at the top of the post list. Stickying, you call that, n'est pas?
Old 12-16-2002, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by Silviagirl79

Ever heard of a twin turbo Supra? Not for show....for GO my friend.
yeah ever hear of a maxima.....front wheel drive
Old 12-16-2002, 09:31 PM

dont sweat it. if it works it works. if it doesnt, its just that he was a little too excited about it. and who wouldnt be?
butim kinda hoping it doesnt work because ..well. i dont have that kinda money to blow.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by sil SE
dont sweat it. if it works it works. if it doesnt, its just that he was a little too excited about it. and who wouldnt be?
butim kinda hoping it doesnt work because ..well. i dont have that kinda money to blow.
sil i love your ride......
Old 12-16-2002, 10:26 PM

Howcome our engines work better with a TT rather than a single one? Is there a possiblity this thing could be sequential? How are people on the West going to obtain this engine + TT? Does this thing come with all the other systems like exhaust? That's part of the $3500 it costs for a single turbo. I beleive the kit I saw on VQPower included a y-pipe and cat-back. Personally, I don't think we'd need a twin turbo, but to take full use, wouldn't we need a better tranny? That's a lot of boost.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo For 4th Generation Maximas!!!!