4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Spiral cable assembly problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 03:29 PM

Spiral cable assembly problem?

I recently replaced the steering rim on my 95 maxima with one that didn't have leather all chopped up.

All electronics were working fine for about 15 miles or so (the horn, cruise, and presumably the airbag since no lights were on) until I pulled into a parking spot. Right then, the airbag light started blinking and the horn stopped working. I was hoping it would go away, so I left the car and came back later.

I came back to the car, and when I drove away I also noticed that when I had the left turn signal on, it wouldn't always automatically shut off like it used to. Cruise doesn't work anymore either, just like the horn and airbag. I took the airbag off and the two connectors behind it are fine.

This all leads me to believe something has broken in the spiral cable assembly. I don't even want to know how much a dealer wants for this, so I'm going to try to fix this myself. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Sorry for the long post...Thanks in advance!
Old 11-24-2002, 05:10 PM

anybody?
Old 11-25-2002, 12:32 PM

bueller?