4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

setting new factory alarm remotes (searched)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

setting new factory alarm remotes (searched)

Gentleman--I am at wits end here. I bought another remote for my 96 I30t as I only got one with the sale. I used the directions I found searching this site, and now neither of them work. I would be happy to just get one working again at this point. I inserted the key 6 times and got the hazard flash, went to on, clicked the alarm lock button, and it flashed 2x---not once as I was expecting. Now I can't try again? Is there a way to get a second shot at setting these short of a dealer visit?

thanks!!

Mark
Old 11-12-2002, 06:41 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Re: setting new factory alarm remotes (searched)

Originally posted by willy431
Gentleman--I am at wits end here. I bought another remote for my 96 I30t as I only got one with the sale. I used the directions I found searching this site, and now neither of them work. I would be happy to just get one working again at this point. I inserted the key 6 times and got the hazard flash, went to on, clicked the alarm lock button, and it flashed 2x---not once as I was expecting. Now I can't try again? Is there a way to get a second shot at setting these short of a dealer visit?

thanks!!

Mark
well if you're looking to "reset" the car so that u can attempt reprogramming it again, just disconnect the battery for an hour or so and reconnect it...

i'd try searching some more i guess
Old 11-12-2002, 06:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

did you have the door shut and locked? i know you have to have the door shut, i am pretty sure it has be locked as well.
Old 11-12-2002, 06:49 PM

Here are the steps:

1) Get in and shut all the doors.
2) Insert and remove the key quickly until the hazard lamps flash twice.
3) Turn the key to the "ACC" position.
4) Push any button on the remote--the hazard lamps should flash twice again. At this point your remote has been programmed.

I'm not positive, but I believe you can add another remoted by continuing as follows:

5) Lock and unlock the door using the switch on the driver's door.
6) Push any button on the next remote to be programmed--the hazard lamps should flash twice again. At this point your remote has been programmed.
7) Open the driver's door to end the whole process.

Good luck.