4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Cruise control and the 5 speed conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 01:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I thought....

Originally posted by Craig Mack

I don't consider that price to be anything but the sign of a true friend...forget profits, your buddy probubly had to pay out of his own pocket to convert your car that cheap. You better be very gratefull to the peeps who hooked you up!

-C
Your absoulutly right. Steve hooked me up big time. Trust me, I thank him every chance i get. I even offerd him extra money but he wouldnt take it. So.. thats how it went.
John.
Old 07-26-2002, 02:52 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Concerning braking, the brake pedal and what not..

Originally posted by Ramius83

When you completed the 5-speed install, did you not bleed the lines? Air in the lines might be the cause of that.....
Yea dude. We spent like an hour and a half bleeding those damn things. Man that is TEDIOUS work. Bleed - Close - Pump, Bleed - Close - Pump, Bleed - Close - Pump.....

Anyways....CHAZ! You almost killed me! I went to get my brake pads/alignment today and the brake pedal was hanging on by 1 bolt! It was never sqeeky, it was freaking hanging there on one bolt dude lol. Thank God it held or I would be creamed corn. Everyone, make sure your brake pedals are fully secured.

So total I had the front pads replaced, the front calipers replaced (!), and a 4 wheel alignment. He also bolted on my shift **** with a power tool so maybe it'll actually stay on. Also my shifting seems smoother! Maybe he tightened my shifter assembly linkages under the car? The shift action is way better though....dude chaz get some power tools damnet. They work a whole lot better and would cut the conversion time in half I bet.

I am very happy though becuase my braking is great now and squeek free, and my shifts are not only short but now smoother and most importantly, quieter.

Hopefully my transmission won't be the next thing to come loose
Old 07-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Sports Button FTW

yea, u know what i realized as well, my car moves when i let go of clutch a little on first gear but it shakes mad aggressively unless i throw in a little gas...i'm wondering if this is for all cars and i THINK its aggressive cause i'm so used to my friends corolla...also, finally my mechanic checked the y-pipe and saw that my dam shielf was lose as hell and SO WAS THE BOLT CONNECTING BOTH SUPPORT RODS SKEELO!!! DAM U!! but he kind of pulled y-pipe down a little and ever since there has been no problems with noises....but i must need a tune up and i don't think y-pipe is causing anything bad...new spark plugs and what not might end problems....
Old 07-26-2002, 07:50 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by meccanoble
also, finally my mechanic checked the y-pipe and saw that my dam shielf was lose as hell and SO WAS THE BOLT CONNECTING BOTH SUPPORT RODS SKEELO!!! DAM U!! but he kind of pulled y-pipe down a little and ever since there has been no problems with noises...
It's a conspericy! Meccanoble, we are trying to be assasinated by Chazman and skeelo! we must take action and whoop some @ss
Old 07-26-2002, 10:25 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by Craig Mack

It's a conspericy! Meccanoble, we are trying to be assasinated by Chazman and skeelo! we must take action and whoop some @ss
i know man...and to think...WE PAID THESE GUYS!!! dam half half jobs
Old 07-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by meccanoble
yea, u know what i realized as well, my car moves when i let go of clutch a little on first gear but it shakes mad aggressively unless i throw in a little gas...i'm wondering if this is for all cars and i THINK its aggressive cause i'm so used to my friends corolla...also, finally my mechanic checked the y-pipe and saw that my dam shielf was lose as hell and SO WAS THE BOLT CONNECTING BOTH SUPPORT RODS SKEELO!!! DAM U!! but he kind of pulled y-pipe down a little and ever since there has been no problems with noises....but i must need a tune up and i don't think y-pipe is causing anything bad...new spark plugs and what not might end problems....
Damn sorry bro, I had my friend doing the dirty work underneath the car. Guess I should have done it myself!. I think what youre gettin in 1st gear is clutch chatter.