6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.
View Poll Results: Will you buy another Maxima?
Definitly Will
24.57%
Probably Will
25.31%
Not Sure
19.51%
Probably Will Not
16.91%
Definitly Will Not
13.70%
Voters: 810. You may not vote on this poll

Will you buy another Max?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 09:57 AM

Will you buy another Max?

How loyal are you?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:43 AM

Probably not. I like the Max, but this 2nd Maxima will be it for me.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:45 AM

Probably Not

Unless I see a major improvement to details like the older styles had I would say probably not. There are some problems with this new version that are more like domestic car issues. I will go over to Yota or Honda if Nissan does not clean up their act. I was very loyal until this experience. I feel like they are now in line with Mazda, Ford, or Chrysler. With that said I Love this car but there should not be this many problems with any new $30k car that has always had a great reputation.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:27 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

I would if I find the max improved over the one now... why not...
Old 05-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

im still drueling over the FX.... so unless theres a real drawback in funds... im movin on up!!
Old 05-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i wouldnt because before i die, i would like to try out different cars. Don't get me wrong, I love the max, but I'm sure that there are other cars that I would like also. Can't be a hater, only a lover. I only hate people that call the max an altima.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:07 PM

i probably would. but i need a truck. im gonna go monday and look at a titan. maybe trade her in, but only only if the price can be around what i pay for my max now
Old 05-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Banned

Prolly not here...I mean I love it... but i like trying new things.. next will be a RWD car thats more powerful, like the chrysler 300 SRT-8. I got a taste of real power, and I want more. Like 150-god knows how much more than 265 will become the norm for sport sedans in 2010 more!...thats prolly when the max will get the boot, unless I land a great paying job sooner. When Im old enough to afford a sports car's high insurance, Id really like to get myself into a coupe after the max as well...A MBZ SL would be what id go for...but the SRT-8 is exactly what Id go for if the max was paid off today and I was shoppin again. Plus I love the baby bently look. Sorry nissan, im just prone to infidelity, I cant help myself.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:10 PM

I don't know. My Maximas (3 so far) have always been used as daily drivers while either the clk or beemer (when I had them) were used during the weekend. The one that I have now is my only vehicle and its ok but I'm not that enthusiastic about it because its a 4 door and I can't see flossin' in a sedan no matter who makes it. If the car holds up I'll use it as a daily driver again and buy a coupe.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:18 PM
RVC

I've had 2 Max's, an 02 and now my 05. I am probably going with the Cadillac CTS-V.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:20 PM

Vote prolly will not. The car, well isn't really what I was looking for. Mind you it drives like a champ, but I just think it's not attractive. Sorry... Flame suite is on now.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Maxium
Vote prolly will not. The car, well isn't really what I was looking for. Mind you it drives like a champ, but I just think it's not attractive. Sorry... Flame suite is on now.
I'll put mine on too. I bought mine because I needed something asap with room, but other than that I don't think the car is attractive. The only look of the car that i like is the rear with the quad exhausts.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:53 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

This is my third Max and if Nissan keeps evolving them in a positive way, I'll most likely buy a 7th gen. The only other car out there I would like to have over a Max is a BMW 545i. Then again a M5 would be nice too.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:47 PM

I'm on my second Max. my first was a 98. I want AWD on my next car. the ***** in Nissans court.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:34 PM

This is my 3rd Maxima. I've also had a Z and an Altima (good car but I hated it - it was a 4 cyl). As you can see by my sign on I've come back to a Maxima after a Toyota (the least reliable car I have ever owned - go figure). Maximas just feel right to me. Its a high speed cruiser and thats the way I like to drive. I really like the way the 6th gen looks. When you pull up beside most other cars they really look old. Wish it were rear wheel drive and had tighter turning. The motor is teriffic. Be sure to have the Nav screen replace with the new style,you will love the car even more.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pause
I'll put mine on too. I bought mine because I needed something asap with room, but other than that I don't think the car is attractive. The only look of the car that i like is the rear with the quad exhausts.
Im suprised you couldnt find something else you liked the looks of then..i mean, i personally couldnt drive something i found unattractive
Old 05-14-2005, 10:33 PM

Second Max for me. Had a 91, was going to drive it one more year but tranny died. Did not want to spend money to fix/replace so went with the Max again. Tried an Altima (my dad had one, 4-banger) was OK but when I drove the Max it was no contest. The feel of the car, the power, the look (inside and out, except for the grill )well, just had to get it. Don't know if I'll get another because I'm hoping this one will last as long as the previous one. By then there may not be any Maximas or there may be something different from Nissan.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:00 PM

If the next Max contains RWD and a V6 with at least 300HP and Bluetooth, then i'm on it. Would love a higher quality interior as well, but I will not buy another performance sedan and have it be FWD.

EDIT: Oh and it better have Keyless ignition too.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:35 AM

I have owned no cars but Maximas for over twenty years, and have had exemplary service from every one. Before the name switch to 'Nissan', I drove Nissan products marketed under the brand name Datsun, which were also very reliable.

The Maxima has the four doors I require, more room than most sedans, can be driven hard, has excellent stability, great power, fine dealer service (at least my nearby dealer is fine), sporty looks, and very good reliability.

I can't imagine not having one or two Maximas in my garage forever.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

In six years our 17 year old twins will, hopefully, be out of college and I plan to buy a 350Z roadster.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:31 AM

This is my second Max (i had an 03 before this one). I like change. I'll have to wiat and see what's available in a couple of years and then take it from there. I like the FX45 but i could convince myself to get a G35C or a 350Z.

It would be impossible for me to make a decision now as i don't know what will be available then and no guarantee on what my tastes will be at that point.....

In the mean time i really enjoy driving my Max everytime i take it for a spin.

Bob
Old 05-15-2005, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Im suprised you couldnt find something else you liked the looks of then..i mean, i personally couldnt drive something i found unattractive
I'm not sayin' the car is butt ugly, I just don't think its that hot of a vehicle (no dis to the members who mod their joints). I've always liked maximas because they can get me from A to Z with some *****, but thats about it. I don't regret my purchase at all.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:53 AM

I'm not sure. I move around within the Japanese brands: Mitsu, Toyota, Honda and Nissan so far. Toyota and Honda didnot have enough to keep me repeating. I repeated with Mitsu (due to best deal) and returned the lemon. But I still root for Mitsu. My 1st Max changed my life as a driver. I grew up around automobiles (my dad collect cars and even built his own buses). So I love autos. That Max is the 1st car that became something more than just a way to get around. It's something personal. It even had a nickname. i love my '04. It also has a nickname. BUT, I'm moving up and it's up to Nissan. I don't mind looking around when it's time to get a new auto. I would get that new Nissan hatchback concept for my daughter in a couple of years. But may get her something bored and slow. Back to Toyota, the cars I want loved ones to drive. My wife wouldn't want to get caught driving current Hondas and Toyotas (except the LandCruiser). She and I would want to move up. I would love to get her a G or a M when time comes. The TL is nice and RL is overpriced + there are bigger bang/bucks. In short, I have an open mind. But still a little bias toward Nissan.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I Realy Think If Nissan Plans To Add More Horsepower Like Ive Heard..over 280..they Should Consider Making It Rwd Or Awd..i Have Enough Streerin Tourque Then I Need With The Fwd...this Is My 2end Max,i Think For The Money U Cant Go Wrong
Old 05-15-2005, 10:14 AM

An Acura TL for me...love the interior...
Old 05-15-2005, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Blaxima
How loyal are you?

I put "problably will not" because this is my 3rd Maxima! I think I may go M45 next.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Banned

If I stay with nissan, the more I think about it...it will definately be a G35 coupe...and it will be ponied up a little more when im ready to trade too. Nissan does make great stuff...they have a good lineup, and the infiniti line used to suck IMO...but with the addition of thr FX, G35C and M45 they really got it goin on. What they had before was a dressed up line of nissans...no point in forkin over the extra bucks for cars that looked superflous to the original design, but thats how lexus began too.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:55 PM

NO WAY! junkidy junk junk!!
Old 05-15-2005, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
and

Originally Posted by takkar
An Acura TL for me...love the interior...
Exactly, however my options were a MAX or TL. Nissan offered 1% Financing, $1,500 factory discount, and honored United Buying Service ($100 over invoice) pricing . The Acura offered 5.5% to 7.5% financing, even with a FICO score of 755, Acura didn't even honor the UBS pricing... So my financial (i.e. WIFE) advisor suggested the best bang for the buck, and because Acura were acting like Acura was too good for me I went with Nissan Max. Don't get me wrong, I like the HP, cabin size, and a few other percs of the Max. I just don't think I'd buy another 6th gen for the fact that there are some things I dislike about it as well. The easist one to mention is the look of it. Also the purchase for me it was about not throwing money away just because I like the TL better then the Max. I saved about 6K difference in pricing when all was done and papers were signed. Lemme also add, I wanted a TL with the Navi, and got the Max without Navi, but with every thing else. You can see how the 6K added up.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:24 PM

If they go to AWD I will buy another one! If not, I'm going with the 300 SRT or M45.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:33 PM

I think a better poll or question to ask is would you buy your 6th gen Maxima again after experiencing it for a while. I'm talking of people saying no because they really wanted NAV or different options, but would they buy a 6th gen maxima again (period)?
Old 05-15-2005, 10:55 PM

I don't believe in buying a car without all the options. Usually when I purchase a car and it doesn't have everything that I want on it, it will be those options not being there that will make me not like the car.

Eventhough I like the Skyview, sometimes I still wonder how I would've felt about the car if I waited for one with the Moon Roof in the same color as what I have.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:20 AM

I have 2 Nissan vehicles, a 97 Nissan Quest (wife's car) and my 04 Max, I really like the car. I haven't had any problems with my wife's vehicle and it has over 130K on the odometer. My max has been to the dealer for oil changes and tire rotation. The only thing wrong now is my hazard flashers don't work, other than that I'm satisfied, and I love the power. The only thing I would change about the max is to make it rwd and lower the front end. If Nissan doesn't change gen 7 to rwd or awd I'm going to buy the Infiniti M35.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:00 AM

I'd buy another one. I'm very loyal. My "05 is the 5th maxima that I have owned. All SE's...'87, '88, '98, 01 SE Anniversary Edition, then now the '05 SE.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:55 PM

I voted "definitely will" because I did buy another Max. I bought a second one for me 3 days after I bought one for my wife. As for later on, I probably will depending on how these two perform over the next couple of years. I've always liked Nissan's, had an 86 Max and a 97 Sentra SE-R, and, I've worked with quite a few Nissan dealers in the San Antonio area in past years. As for moving up to a more expensive automoblie like many of you, I've reached my price limit on what I will spend for automobiles. These two Max's are loaded and they actually exceeded my price limit, but they were such a "bang" for the buck after dealer discounting that I just couldn't pass on the deals I was offered. My previous price limit was 25k so I went past that, but I'm not spending more than 30k for a car unless I win the lottery. Just can't see spending 70+K on two cars that depreciate when the mortages on my two houses are less than that combined. Call me old and ready for retirement (I'm 57), but the Max's are luxurious and fast enough for me in my "golden years". If I could bring myself to spend more, I like some of you would look to the Infinity, Lexus, Mercedes lines, but I just don't see it happening. Here's hoping these Max's last 5 years and if they are reliable, I'll keep one for a work car and trade one of them for a new Max for the wife.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:53 PM

Love my ride but it really depends on if they make the switch to RWD or AWD and boost up to 300hp. If not, then I'm moving over to either the Infiniti M series or AMG in about 2 years...
Old 05-16-2005, 05:46 PM

I have a mixed bag whether to buy another Max. Driving it for 6 months with a little more than 10k mile on the odo, I really enjoy the ride. My other car is a 4 banger Accord with 5 speed stick and it has 120k miles on it without problems at all. But driving the Max is having a different experience. Certainly, the car has power, feels firm, handles better etc... and mine does not have shimmy or strut problems yet. I know it is not an M class, and I don't expect it to be. Some of the interior materials appear to be less pleasing ,i.e. cheap, than the current Accord EX (dashboard, fabric on side doors, leather), and I am experiencing the creaking noise coming from the doors that whenever I start moving the car, turning left or right making me feel I am driving a high mileage car. On the outside, the center facia of the grill starts to peal off. Other than that my Max is mecanically fine. My next car could be an Infinity M or an Lexus GS.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffs04SE
i probably would. but i need a truck. im gonna go monday and look at a titan. maybe trade her in, but only only if the price can be around what i pay for my max now
I just got a titan and it's a great truck. And I'm amazed at how well my maxima still drives considering it's 10 years old w/ 127K miles. I am definitely a nissan loyalist. It's too bad they don't build a decent sports car.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:51 PM

Most definitely not.

This whole experience with the Max is aggravating. The car hasn’t broken down on me (knock on wood) but it's tons of little things that just drive me nuts! I have been to the dealership 15 times in 6 months (excluding normal service)

I have never had so many problems (rattles, shimmy, noises, transmission, struts, bulbs, scratches, etc.) with a new car from any brand and I have owned a Ford at one time.

This is probably the worst purchase I have ever made. Maybe I have a Monday morning car, I don’t know. But from my many trips in the Nissan Quest shuttle from the dealership, I was not too impressed with the millions squeaks in their minivan either.

So this was the first and last Nissan for me.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:04 PM

I probably will end up getting the new IS 350. I really like my max, i just really really like the new 2006 Lexus IS. I want a RWD car, im still waiting on the sway bar as the understeer is getting on my nerves. I get a lot of compliments on my max tho, and its only stock, with tint, so that must be a good thing. I will still see my max as my parents love my car and will most likely take over on it.

Quick Reply: Will you buy another Max?