3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Car accident!! Car might be totaled.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 09:43 PM

Car accident!! Car might be totaled.

On the way back from a get togther, I got into an accident on the freeway. A gentlman in an Acura cut me off, I moved to the shoulder, but I hit gravel, the back fishtailed, and I didn't recover in time, and hit the median on the otherside, bounced off of that, and hit the guardrail. I am fine, walked away without any bruises!! The only thing tha hurts is my face from the airbag burn. I am VERY impressed with how the car held up at 75MPH. People that stopped behind me were astonished that I even hit anything, it looked to them like I had corrected, and was going to pull out of it. No one in the immediate area stopped. The 2 ppl that did stop were about a quarter mile behind me, and didn't see the guy cut me off, just me spin on the freeway. Because of that, and the fact that I didn't hit the brakes, but tried to steer out of the skid, the police didn't completely believe me, and gave me a $130 "too fast for road condiitons" ticket.

I will be contacting the insurance tomorrow, and probably trailering the car to my house in the next couple of days. If the car is totalled is anyone interested in parts? I know all the running gear is fine, because after I hit the guradrail, I started the car back up, backed it up, turned it around, and drove about 500 feet so I could pass the guadrail, and pull completely off the road.

The car appears to me to be borderlin if it is totalled. When I go back up to get it I will take pics of the car, and the skid marks. It is a 1993 VE 5 speed. I also have Tokico shocks, Eibach springs, and Suspension Techniques bars. And of course the gear shift ****, and door locks :-). I will let you know how everything progresses.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:48 PM

Geez! Sorry to hear that bro. Good thing you're okay though!

You had all that stuff goin for it too! If it does get totalled will you be parting it out? If so I'd like to see about getting a few lil things (err, or major things). I'll e-mail you.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Car accident!! Car might be totaled.

Originally posted by Maxima_Van_WA
On the way back from a get togther, I got into an accident on the freeway. A gentlman in an Acura cut me off...
Damn, that's terrible man. So many accident stores recently on this board... Glad you're not hurt. Here's hoping your car isn't totalled.

Matt
Old 06-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

holy cow...sounds just like our accident. it was labeled hit and run. we got cut off by a 300zx, gf steered to dodge him and hit some gravel just like you...rear came around and we sideswiped a stoplight. pics are here:
http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...threadid=27355
another interesting similarity of your accident and ours: same suspension setup: stock wheels, ST rsb, eibachs, and kyb struts.
good luck getting insurance to pay. ours ended up coming from "comprehensive", which was crap. our deductible was $1000 (college students w/no $).
Jae
Old 06-30-2002, 10:24 PM

On the way back from a get togther, I got into an accident on the freeway. A gentlman in an Acura cut me off, I moved to the shoulder, but I hit gravel, the back fishtailed, and I didn't recover in time, and hit the median on the otherside, bounced off of that, and hit the guardrail. I am fine, walked away without any bruises!! The only thing tha hurts is my face from the airbag burn. I am VERY impressed with how the car held up at 75MPH. People that stopped behind me were astonished that I even hit anything, it looked to them like I had corrected, and was going to pull out of it. No one in the immediate area stopped. The 2 ppl that did stop were about a quarter mile behind me, and didn't see the guy cut me off, just me spin on the freeway. Because of that, and the fact that I didn't hit the brakes, but tried to steer out of the skid, the police didn't completely believe me, and gave me a $130 "too fast for road condiitons" ticket.

I will be contacting the insurance tomorrow, and probably trailering the car to my house in the next couple of days. If the car is totalled is anyone interested in parts? I know all the running gear is fine, because after I hit the guradrail, I started the car back up, backed it up, turned it around, and drove about 500 feet so I could pass the guadrail, and pull completely off the road.

The car appears to me to be borderlin if it is totalled. When I go back up to get it I will take pics of the car, and the skid marks. It is a 1993 VE 5 speed. I also have Tokico shocks, Eibach springs, and Suspension Techniques bars. And of course the gear shift ****, and door locks :-). I will let you know how everything progresses.
Ya got mail
Old 06-30-2002, 10:26 PM

glad to hear your okay. if your parting out the car, let me know as im in need of somethings. cai if you have one, rear center trunk piece that says maxima...

Old 06-30-2002, 11:25 PM

I will definitly be parting in out if it is totalled. It is Black cloth interior. The very front is GONE, all lights grill, bumper, spoiler. The back, the only thing gone is the driver's side light section. I will part out EVERYTHING. Engine, tranny, computer (to send in to have it chipped so you can keep you stock one?) suspension, interior, new Nacamichi speakers, axles, guages, ashtray, etc.

I will post pics when I get them. I am bringing that car home Tuesday evening. I should post pics then.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:38 PM

I will part out EVERYTHING. Engine, tranny,
ding ding!

Old 07-01-2002, 12:53 AM

nice to hear you are ok!!! sorry to hear about your car hope you can fix it....
Old 07-01-2002, 06:49 AM

sorrry for what happened to your car and i am glad u are still ok it was last day of june and u got into accident, june is not a good month for maxima, but i am glad you are okay....
Old 07-01-2002, 07:22 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by James12345

ding ding!

vultures!
Old 07-01-2002, 07:28 AM

how much would you want for the rear center trunk piece? what size are the nacamichi speakers? my 6.5 in the doors blew day before yesterday and i need some decent speakers. let me know. thanks.

I will definitly be parting in out if it is totalled. It is Black cloth interior. The very front is GONE, all lights grill, bumper, spoiler. The back, the only thing gone is the driver's side light section. I will part out EVERYTHING. Engine, tranny, computer (to send in to have it chipped so you can keep you stock one?) suspension, interior, new Nacamichi speakers, axles, guages, ashtray, etc.

I will post pics when I get them. I am bringing that car home Tuesday evening. I should post pics then.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:36 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

man june really isnt a good month for maximas. That car was so beautiful...I hope you decide to fix it instead of part it out.

Good luck in what ever you do.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:28 AM

sorry to hear about your misfortune? if its totalled will u get another max?

are you parting you sound system? interested in the HU, door speakers, and back speakers.
maybe even the subs if you have any let me know....
Daddymac98@hotmail.com
Old 07-01-2002, 09:48 AM

Dang, you're car was lookin sweet too! That sucks hardcore. Did you get any plate numbers? BTW, shoot me an email if you wanna sell any of the suspension stuff(springs/struts/sways) cuz I'm in the need for them. Thanks bro, sorry again..

Old 07-01-2002, 11:50 AM

Man that sucks! Sorry to hear it.

Let us know what you are going to get next.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:49 PM

dude you have 58,000 on it, no way, i saw it at the meet and i think i even told you this things gonna last for years, and you had your bimmer conversion all planned out and you just finished your door locks. that was a really clean one. man, thats not fun.
5speed ve with 60k, thats soooo not cool. letme know about the engine, ofcourse i probably wont tare this one apart if i get my hands on it, cause nothings wrong with it, also 5speed, hmmmm.
good luck with getting it all sorted out.
MrGone

i doubt you can find another, thats less than 10k miles a year, man.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:07 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by DanNY

vultures!
watch out for the bird poop!
Old 07-01-2002, 01:31 PM

that sucks, good thing you're okay. yup a lot of accident stories recently.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about the Accident dude. It's a shame to see a great ride get wacked. Hopefully insurance takes care of you good. If you do part it out, Keep me in mind for the tranny and the struts and springs.

Mike
Old 07-01-2002, 03:35 PM

Man, sorry about the Max! To bad you can't deal with the Police about the ticket. That is crap. They of all people should know that the best way to correct a skid is to steer, not brake.

Good luck!
Old 07-01-2002, 04:05 PM

If it is totalled I have dibs on the engine and tranny fellas.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:45 PM

ive got dibs on the STS if you have one i think i saw in your sig that you had an STS.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:14 PM

Pics are up

Pics of the car are now up on my website. Keep in mind that the ONLY injuries I have are from the airbag going off. No whiplash, no sore muscles or anything.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:58 AM

Re: Pics are up

Pics of the car are now up on my website. Keep in mind that the ONLY injuries I have are from the airbag going off. No whiplash, no sore muscles or anything.
Ouch dude! Glad you are OK, that does not look like fun.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:08 AM
Jedi Knight

doesn't look pretty...sorry to see a nice max dinged up!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:23 PM

aww man! not another one! Im sorry to hear this man... your accident looks like mine! glad you're okay though. I know exactly how you feel about being surprised about walking away from that. Good luck with a new a ride.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:06 AM

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:39 AM

Re: Pics are up

Glad to hear that you're okay after seeing those pics. I wish you could find that guy who cut you off. Violence is not the key here, it's just a little venting.

Your max was sooo suhweet too.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:46 AM

holy ****.... amazing that you got out of that ok... really sucks to see your car beat up like that cause it's (IMO) one of the most tastefully modded maxs on the site.

If you are parting it out, what kind of speakers are you using? I might be interested in them, and the VE30DE

Anyways good luck w/insurance and glad to hear you're ok.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:20 AM

The kind gentlemen that cut me off had better hope I never see him again, for his and his family's sake. His car was an aftermarket brighter green Acura Vigor.
Old 07-06-2002, 07:33 AM

Man!!Glad you are O.K. sorry about your max though.