3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

MAF sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 04:02 PM

MAF sensor question

I just ordered the Delphi AF10210 Air Flow Sensor which according to the parts suppliers is a direct replacement for the 1994 Maxima sensor. It just dawned on me....Are these plug and play? I don't know enough or have any ability to flash the ECU and assumed they were a direct swap.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:37 PM

Yes a replacement maf direct bolt on. If you have a code thrown you may have to do reset on the ecm just unhook the battery for few min.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by akurtzer57
Yes a replacement maf direct bolt on. If you have a code thrown you may have to do reset on the ecm just unhook the battery for few min.
Great advice, thank you.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:40 AM

Yes. PNP. Just need to make sure its got the same number of pins as your existing one. You may not need to reset the ecu but if so probably best to leave the battery unhooked at night and just put the cables back on in the morning.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by ac max 92
Yes. PNP. Just need to make sure its got the same number of pins as your existing one. You may not need to reset the ecu but if so probably best to leave the battery unhooked at night and just put the cables back on in the morning.
To keep the record for those with the same issue, the part worked perfectly. I pulled the negative battery cable, then unplugged the MAF sensor. The connector has a locking wire which I pushed back with a thumb tack pin. Loosened the hose clamp on the engine side and the 4 bolts on the air intake side. Cleaned out the air filter housing, put the new part on which required some force to mount inside the rubber boot on the engine side. When pushing the MAF into the rubber boot, be careful to push only on the plastic mounting area and not damage the mesh filter. Once everything was aligned, I tightened it all down, put the battery cable back on and everything worked perfectly. No check engine, smooth operation. Actually, even smoother than I remember.