3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Thinking of selling the 92se ve auto

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 04:49 PM

Thinking of selling the 92se ve auto

I figured I'd start off with the question and let you read below. What are the going rates on these cars now a days? KBB says about $1550 to sell to private party. But it has a lot more than a stock car. I was thinking I could get $2200 for it. Am I crazy? (no pictures to post, at work )

White 1992 Nissan Maxima SE with VE30DE auto trans. Straight body except one dent on driver rear pannel by wheel. Stillen kit all around, painted black except front piece which is flat black(not painted at all). 193k miles. VTC will sometimes chatter lightly, only for a couple minutes. Paint is in fair condition, factory paint, clear coat peeling on passenger fender.

I've had it for 12 years now. I've spent a lot of time and money on this car and have replaced just about everything. I swapped in a jdm motor at 160k and had the tranny rebuilt. During that project I did a number of things like replace knock sensor, steering rack n pinion, water pump, radiator, t-stat, fuel injectors pulled cleaned and flow tested then new orings, new fuel inj hoses...all maintenance parts. I know I'm leaving off a ton of stuff I've replaced.

-warspeed ypipe and back with hi flo cat, full 2.5"
-ASP lightened UDP
-intake
-front strut bar
-suspension technique springs all around
-konis in front, regular struts in back
-bmw e36 headlight conversion
-17" chrome rims
-kenwood stereo w/aftermarket speakers in front and back

Known problems:
-Door locks have mind of their own, issue with the board in driver door, known issue with these cars.
-Front windshield has a large crack that goes across driver side view

Last edited by Matt92Se; 05-18-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm needing a caw

Originally Posted by Matt92Se
I figured I'd start off with the question and let you read below. What are the going rates on these cars now a days? KBB says about $1550 to sell to private party. But it has a lot more than a stock car. I was thinking I could get $2200 for it. Am I crazy? (no pictures to post, at work )

White 1992 Nissan Maxima SE with VE30DE auto trans. Straight body except one dent on driver rear pannel by wheel. Stillen kit all around, painted black except front piece which is flat black(not painted at all). 193k miles. VTC will sometimes chatter lightly, only for a couple minutes. Paint is in fair condition, factory paint, clear coat peeling on passenger fender.

I've had it for 12 years now. I've spent a lot of time and money on this car and have replaced just about everything. I swapped in a jdm motor at 160k and had the tranny rebuilt. During that project I did a number of things like replace knock sensor, steering rack n pinion, water pump, radiator, t-stat, fuel injectors pulled cleaned and flow tested then new orings, new fuel inj hoses...all maintenance parts. I know I'm leaving off a ton of stuff I've replaced.

-warspeed ypipe and back with hi flo cat, full 2.5"
-ASP lightened UDP
-intake
-front strut bar
-suspension technique springs all around
-konis in front, regular struts in back
-bmw e36 headlight conversion
-17" chrome rims
-kenwood stereo w/aftermarket speakers in front and back

Known problems:
-Door locks have mind of their own, issue with the board in driver door, known issue with these cars.
-Front windshield has a large crack that goes across driver side view
I think it's still a cool car for a teen's first car. Or a young family person that needs 4 doors. $2200 could be a decent starting point. Maybe go down to $1900. Problem is I see 4th gens going for the $2200 mark. You need the right buyer for sure
Old 05-21-2014, 08:05 PM
Way out West

It is tough to find the right buyer. I was hoping an .org member would buy mine, but the only guys interested wanted me to lower the price quite a bit because of the shipping/transportation costs involved. I don't blame them, because the value on these isn't terribly high.

I did sell mine semi-locally to a guy about 20 miles away by listing it on Craigslist. I knew I would not get back my money that I put into mods, but I think the overall condition of the car, regardless of mods, warranted a slightly higher price. Compared to some of the beat down cars I have seen out there (even cars that are less than 10 years old) I thought the guy got a good deal.

Mine sold for over $3k, so I think getting around $2k to $2500 should be in that range for a car with all of that extra stuff and repairs done. It helps if you have good pics and clean it up really nice.