3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd gen summary

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 05:53 PM

3rd gen summary

so as some of guys know i went from a 4th gen to a 3rd gen Ve 5 speed, i just wanna say that this car is a f***in CHAMP! it has not let me down getting into certain situations im very impress with the power and technology this car has, even to this day it continues to drop jaws this car was truly ahead of its time. reppin the 3rd!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:56 AM

190 hp is a lot for 1992. I own a ve 5
Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 AM

Good to gain a 3G member instead of always losings members!!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:55 AM

Yes, had mine since '97. I love her!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Way out West

Glad you like your car.

It still kind of surprises me how few people really know about these cars, particularly the VE5. Even a lot of mechanics at Nissan dealerships have to look in books/on their computers to figure them out.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Originally Posted by lux97Max
so as some of guys know i went from a 4th gen to a 3rd gen Ve 5 speed, i just wanna say that this car is a f***in CHAMP! it has not let me down getting into certain situations im very impress with the power and technology this car has, even to this day it continues to drop jaws this car was truly ahead of its time. reppin the 3rd!
Good to hear this from a former 4th gen guy. A lot of 4th gen guys dog on VEs without actually having any experience with them.

The VE was very advanced for its time, and was essentially the testbed for many of the goodies found in the VQs today. The VE is still plenty capable even by today's standards and contrary to popular belief does have better top end than 4th gens
Old 05-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by James92SE
Good to hear this from a former 4th gen guy. A lot of 4th gen guys dog on VEs without actually having any experience with them.

The VE was very advanced for its time, and was essentially the testbed for many of the goodies found in the VQs today. The VE is still plenty capable even by today's standards and contrary to popular belief does have better top end than 4th gens
I've heard of a former member walking a stock 5.5 on the freeway. Thats when I realized that I had been under estimating my car.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:32 AM

Did someone say technology?
Old 05-15-2012, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
Old 05-20-2012, 07:00 PM

I must say I wish I saw this thread sooner, def is good to hear compliments on the ve from later gen maxima owners...its threads like this that make me want to start my own thread on just how many way out of my league competitors i've walked on...but hate to be that guy that started a thread on how his lightly modded VE5 walked on a 7th gen's and new 330i's nd many v8's and not just once..
Originally Posted by James92SE
The VE is still plenty capable even by today's standards and contrary to popular belief does have better top end than 4th gens
loll love the smiley..suitable for the comment.

Originally Posted by maximo018
I've heard of a former member walking a stock 5.5 on the freeway. Thats when I realized that I had been under estimating my car.
I dont know if no one pushes their VE5 like I do...but my car is the same as 5.5...6th gen and even 7th gen..on top end. What gives? I feel comfortable and confident enough to say this with you guys cause you sorta know me and mayb wont flame me but do I have a factory freak lol. The way you make it sound like "ive heard of a former member walking a stock 5.5" makes it seem as if the later maximas have far greater top end.

Originally Posted by Hectic
hate to keep adding lol's but this deserved it.

Last edited by BklynsmoeVE; 05-20-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by BklynsmoeVE
I must say I wish I saw this thread sooner, def is good to hear compliments on the ve from later gen maxima owners...its threads like this that make me want to start my own thread on just how many way out of my league competitors i've walked on...but hate to be that guy that started a thread on how his lightly modded VE5 walked on a 7th gen's and new 330i's nd many v8's and not just once..

loll love the smiley..suitable for the comment.

I dont know if no one pushes their VE5 like I do...but my car is the same as 5.5...6th gen and even 7th gen..on top end. What gives? I feel comfortable and confident enough to say this with you guys cause you sorta know me and mayb wont flame me but do I have a factory freak lol. The way you make it sound like "ive heard of a former member walking a stock 5.5" makes it seem as if the later maximas have far greater top end.

hate to keep adding lol's but this deserved it.
Coincidentally I was at his house last week talking about this exact same story. He confirmed it. H even told me how he went up against an E36 M3 which he didn't think he could but was able to keep up with it. All he had done was a CAI and a y-pipe (everything else stock). I got all these damn bolt ons and a JWT along with no counter weights on either end of my motor. If he was capable of that I'm afraid what I'm capable of.

(Will my 3rd gen beat on my 5.5?)
Old 05-21-2012, 10:24 AM

Coincidentally I was at his house last week talking about this exact same story. He confirmed it. H even told me how he went up against an E36 M3 which he didn't think he could but was able to keep up with it. All he had done was a CAI and a y-pipe (everything else stock). I got all these damn bolt ons and a JWT along with no counter weights on either end of my motor. If he was capable of that I'm afraid what I'm capable of.

(Will my 3rd gen beat on my 5.5?)
- Funny you say that cause i've had the same exact thing happen to me with VEevolution with an E36 M3. I wasnt beating him but he sure as hell could not shake me loose. Same here man all i have is the wsp-y pipe,stillen filter, and a lighter udp but doubt that aids me on top end. Seems as if our cars increase horsepower with age.

Trust me your ve can take the 5.5 no problem...aim high for that 7th gen . But all these maximas,bimmers,mercs,g35's,is350,acura tl/rl, are governed at 135 no?( all tests are done on nissan testing grounds..of course =) )
Old 05-21-2012, 11:33 PM

- Funny you say that cause i've had the same exact thing happen to me with VEevolution with an E36 M3. I wasnt beating him but he sure as hell could not shake me loose. Same here man all i have is the wsp-y pipe,stillen filter, and a lighter udp but doubt that aids me on top end. Seems as if our cars increase horsepower with age.

Trust me your ve can take the 5.5 no problem...aim high for that 7th gen . But all these maximas,bimmers,mercs,g35's,is350,acura tl/rl, are governed at 135 no?( all tests are done on nissan testing grounds..of course =) )
That sounds about right. I walked a cobalt ss x2 in my 5.5. When I remembered to look down I noticed I was doing about 130-135 before I felt the car feel like it was straining to go on. Now I'm really anxious to finish this little petty crap and start driving her as my dd.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 AM

That sounds about right. I walked a cobalt ss x2 in my 5.5. When I remembered to look down I noticed I was doing about 130-135 before I felt the car feel like it was straining to go on. Now I'm really anxious to finish this little petty crap and start driving her as my dd.
Im famaliar up to the cobalt ss part but whats the x2 the trim or something? I always see about one or two around my way but they dont ever wana play I wonder how closely the performance will compare.Yeah man i notice that with pretty much all those vq's, is your 5.5 a stick?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 AM

Betcha he meant 2 times...

Old 05-22-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by torqueymonster
Wow idk y i thought it was a trim, wouldnt two times be 2x tho lol
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 AM

Im famaliar up to the cobalt ss part but whats the x2 the trim or something? I always see about one or two around my way but they dont ever wana play I wonder how closely the performance will compare.Yeah man i notice that with pretty much all those vq's, is your 5.5 a stick?
Lol! yeah I meant twice. Naw shes a 5spd auto. Thats why I have my VE as a mt. So if I don't feel like shifting today I can always take the auto and still have fun. (I drive it like a stick though. "Ooo that sounded dirty")
Old 05-23-2012, 12:02 PM

Lol! yeah I meant twice. Naw shes a 5spd auto. Thats why I have my VE as a mt. So if I don't feel like shifting today I can always take the auto and still have fun. (I drive it like a stick though. "Ooo that sounded dirty")
lmao that was funny, I could kind of picture someone swapping from a VE5 to 5.5 but keeping the same maniac driving style. Thats crazy man I personally am scared to floor cars that have more then 100k and are automatic..i feel like im doing horrible things to the tranny . I just have this idea that autotragics are extremely delecate and fragile so i rather just use it for cruising, i'd go fast but just wouldnt rev high lol.

That's cool tho I def dont enjoy shifting all the times for the all the smallest things or changes in traffic, but then I feel like if I own an automatic that I plan to occasionally have fun with...theres no point cause its still an automatic lol you basically just floor it and wait. I NEED to be in control but im sure in a couple of years ill be eating these words up when I get older.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:58 AM

lmao that was funny, I could kind of picture someone swapping from a VE5 to 5.5 but keeping the same maniac driving style. Thats crazy man I personally am scared to floor cars that have more then 100k and are automatic..i feel like im doing horrible things to the tranny . I just have this idea that autotragics are extremely delecate and fragile so i rather just use it for cruising, i'd go fast but just wouldnt rev high lol.

That's cool tho I def dont enjoy shifting all the times for the all the smallest things or changes in traffic, but then I feel like if I own an automatic that I plan to occasionally have fun with...theres no point cause its still an automatic lol you basically just floor it and wait. I NEED to be in control but im sure in a couple of years ill be eating these words up when I get older.
Well I'm pretty sure Nissan finally got it right with the auto trans with the 4th, & 5.5 gens. Then they fell off when the Maxima came to America with the 6th gen.