3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd Gen OEM Carbon Fiber Hoods / Trunks - Group Buy (yes, seriously)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 04:10 PM

3rd Gen OEM Carbon Fiber Hoods / Trunks - Group Buy (yes, seriously)

Hey guys. I am not a noob god dammit (lol)! I was on this forum years ago under 89MaxSE-T; yes with the 400hp 89 VG Max.

For the past 6 years I've been running a performance shop (Retail, Installation, CNC Fab), mainly geared towards Scions (I know . . I know).

To make a long story longer , a few years back I began using a Fiberglass/CF Manufacturer in the LA Area. They've private labeled for us hundreds of CF bumper caps, fog lights, mirror covers, etc (all premium grade carbon) with top notch fitment, weave and thick clear coat. Now, they have expanded to hoods, spoilers, wheel pieces (yes) and numerous other body parts. Last year they had 5 cars that went to the SEMA show in Vegas; all with CF hoods, trunks, spoilers, wheels they made.

I figured this would be a great opportunity for the 3rd Gen Owners who are ACTUALLY SERIOUS to contribute to the last great 3rd gen CF group buy known to man!

I am willing to let them use my hood and trunk to make the mold. YES I have to pay LOTS OF MONEY to have the mold(s) made. There's always a lot of bs talk about this, I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHO IS SERIOUSLY READY TO COMMIT TO A GROUP BUY. If i cant get at least 5 people to commit to this (hood mainly), then I will not consider this ever again.

I cannot get an exact price for each piece, but based on 5 people it will be at least $600-$650 for the hood (factory striker, wiper holes, etc - as OEM as you can get) and im guessing the same or a little more on the price if you want the trunk. If we get more people, the price will obviously go down. How much? Well that depends on you guys.

I take credit card, paypal (confirmed address only), money order or wire transfer. Once payment is received and contact info is confirmed, I will email you a sales receipt with confirmation and all the information you need.

So lets see some replys with some serious interest and begin with an idea of how many people are ready. Once we have enough people, we are looking at 4-6 weeks minimum. However I will provide constant updates.

Here is my business and the CF parts that we have already made so you know that I'm not blowing smoke up anyone's ***.

www.FastScions.com

Fog Lights
http://www.fastscions.com/scion-xb2-...light-kit.aspx

Bumper Cap
http://www.fastscions.com/carbon-fib...-2010-xb2.aspx

Im not here to steal anyone's money. This is just a chance for you to get a CF hood and/or trunk for your 3rd gen.

So who's ready? PM me, email me or call me ASAP.

Joe Boost
On-Line Performance Group (dba FastScions.com)
(818) 248-7189
joseph@on-lineperformancegroup.com
Old 03-30-2012, 04:18 PM

And yes, Fiber Images (used to make the only CF 3rd gen maxima hood) is out of business. Even when they were in business, I called them and they told me they somehow lost the original mold. Retarded.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:09 PM

bump
Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 PM

I would totally be down for this. I need a new hood and didnt want to spend money on a stock one if i could get a carbon one. So you can get truck lids too? I would be totally down. But if there were 600 a piece, i think i could do that.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:24 PM

Argh your site looks like a bust and theres some unhappy campers at http://www.clubxb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44308 whats the deal? possible ad spammer?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:28 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Joe Boost? I remember you, you cut out part of your front bumper for the intercooler right?

Some kid on here was nutting on your (former?) car just recently
Old 03-30-2012, 07:43 PM

James i remember you from 4dsc. I think that guy got a hold of me. Im actually selling my old setup right now.

Diz, as far as the thread you found, that customer is a toolbox. If you search around some more, youll see plenty of good feedback on our customer service.

He even said he liked the cap and no it was never advertised as a Seibon, hes full of ****.

We do over $500k in annual sales with very satisfied customers. Look on scionlife scikotics, etc.

If you are interested in the group buy, call me or email. Not here to scam anybody. If you dont believe me, then go buy a used or new oem hood.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:46 PM

selling old setup to make room for new setup. Other people have been ******* my 89 because i claimed the fastest and most powerful 3rd gen (at the time i was). Time to regain the title again by summer. Yes, you guys heard right.

Anyone else interested in the group buy?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:02 PM

I would definitely be in. Been wanting CF hood since I picked up 3rd gen.

I'm assuming that the $600-650 quote (assuming 5 only) doesn't include shipping?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:05 PM

i wish it did! i ship hood/trunks everyday through freight companies.

Cost ranges from $150-$175 depending on if its a business or residence. However I can ship both a hood and trunk for around $200 (well packaged in large suv body kit box). Something to keep in mind for people considering both items.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:07 PM

i could also give you guys box the dimensions and pickup address if you have your own shipping (freight) company.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by JoeBoost
selling old setup to make room for new setup. Other people have been ******* my 89 because i claimed the fastest and most powerful 3rd gen (at the time i was). Time to regain the title again by summer. Yes, you guys heard right.

Ahhh? I love to hear this! good to see some people serious about performance mods! check out a thread, think its called "uncover the beast" or "unleash the beast" another member uncovered his 3rd gen IIRC and its pretty sick

EDIT: I was close....http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generat...ittle-guy.html lol post 49 you are mentioned

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 03-30-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:30 PM

thanks James . . .
Old 03-30-2012, 08:41 PM

lol well you cant find many things wrong with it lol everybody hates on their competition
Old 03-30-2012, 08:51 PM

Something about VE against VG lol. Well I do have VE Trans, Hubs and Axles.

Well see how you guys like the new 34 X 11 X 4 IC setup with 3" Piping. Just for you big guy! And no will not cut as much off the new bumper.

If only everyone tried fitting a front mount on a 3rd gen that can flow up to 600hp and were still able to make it look pretty.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:00 PM

Yea its a big thing to hide an integrate properly. Its not exactly a tranny/oil cooler
Old 03-30-2012, 09:17 PM

it will be done right this time. I cant help this feeling of just coming out of maxima forum hibernation.

but lets not stray from the CF group buy!! anyone else somewhat interested? any questions?? Quality and fitment will be A++.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 PM

(Where the hell you been? I thought you were ancient history.) Wait! I thought someone here a while ago said you sold your car. You still have it? Btw I love your videos. You still got the rb25 z?
Old 03-30-2012, 09:20 PM

about the hood/trunk combo. if purchased together i will discount a few bucks off the final price (determined on group buy number) and as mentioned earlier can combine shipping to save some extra money.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:28 PM

lol like i said hibernating i guess. i miss being involved.

Car runs ****ing awesome and always has ever since. Shredded 5th gear in the old VG transmission during high speed run last year. Found a 92 SE at the junker. Grabbed what i needed that morning, put in later that afternoon along with new ACT Xtreme 6-Puck and solid front mount i had fabricated.

Sold the RB25Z and kept the max. Tough decision, but I am die hard Max and I set out on a mission from the start.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:17 PM

3rd gen carbon fiber hood and trunk. How bad id like it to happen!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:49 PM

one last thought of the day. there is a possibility of a offering a fiberglass hood / trunk lid for maybe a couple hundred $$ less. This way there would be a carbon fiber and fiberglass option on both pieces. I read another thread on here somewhere and it seemed a couple members would lean towards fiberglass.

I dont know if it could get any better! Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber Hood / Trunk. Sick.

Still, its gonna take commitments.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:33 AM

bump! lets keep it going!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:19 AM

free bump because I want to see them
Old 03-31-2012, 10:58 AM

Joe, i think you have set the standard and if you go bigger than you went with the last setup i definately want to see what you get out of it. I am trying to get suspension figured out first then going with power adders. question for you though... and james helped answer some, i want to get rid of sonar and then go with i guess a lowering spring and performance strut up front but my oems are pretty bad and the dealer is outrageous for a oem strut. What setup did you go with on your suspension? Another question I had for ya is with the power you had the 384whp and 412wtrq was traction an issue or how did you conqueror that? I was going to aim for around 450whp and close to 500wtrq and just enjoy an every day driver. I am almost recovered from my divorce and am putting money aside for the build (girlfriend wants me to do an srt4 swap on her neon so I can drive the Lincoln while I build the Max) but wanted to know of any snags I might have. I have a turbo and bov already, I actually have 2 turbos from a alltrac celica I had in the past was going to rebuild and go with a single turbo and run about 15lbs of boost, and order a **** ton of parts from Jim Wolf Technologies and see where I ended up.Give me a heads up and if anyone has any suggestions so I can finish planning out my budget give me a holler on here or hit me on my cell with a text or something at 904-535-7889
Old 03-31-2012, 11:43 AM

Sorry to dog on ya like. I was just a little skeptical :P I am definitely interested in either or. How much less for the fiberglass option? I am definitely down to buy both. I was excited after reading your thread yesterday that I thought it was maybe too good to be true. COUNT ME IN WOOT I am ready to buy!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:02 PM

Joes a smart mother F***er....lol he is like a maxima brainiac or something...I hope to someday be able to even come close to the numbers he has produced. Hey joe...whens the new videos of your latest stuff coming on youtube....and I just remembered a question...where did you get the schematics and everything for your setup? I mean I am going to buy nistune and all that stuff but I want to get as much info as possible so I dont spend eternity shopping since you have already done your ride once.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:43 PM

Diz, no worries. Glad to hear you are in!! I need 5 commitments for each piece. 4 more and I will start collecting money and have an exact price.

Stopping by the CF shop this coming thursday to pickup more scion caps and fogs. Im gonna leave with them my hood and trunk for exact molding quote and a quote for each piece if we make 5 (or more!).

Molds usually run $1500-$2000 PER PIECE. Im willing to pay for that up front assuming we have enough people. And no guys, I will not be getting anything free buy doing this group deal.

Benefits for me . . 1) I will have both molds at my disposal, 2) i can get a hood and trunk too (paying more than you guys will when you account for the molds - trust me ) and lastly 3) another great contribution to the 3rd gen aftermarket!

89, I thank you for the kind words. I ran the OE Z31-T mani's with Turbonetics T3/T4, 3" DP, JWT reprogram for 500cc injectors and Z32 MAF. Im selling the setup COMPLETE. Let me know if you interested. It will be a bolt on kit, wastegate 38mm ext and HKS SSQV BOV. If you need more info, PM, email or call me. Id love to discuss.

Ok guys who else is in??!! 4 more, maybe 3 if AllMaxOut is down too!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:18 PM

i would be interested in a trunk lid i all ready have a fiber images hood.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:16 PM

thanks James . . .
Certainly no offense intended but I was never a fan of that front end setup. Your car was sick other than that, nice paint, big brakes, shaved trunk, etc. - it's almost like you went the extra mile on everything EXCEPT the front end. And I can say from personal experience it's quite doable to mount the IC under the bumper cover and flush with the Stillen lip (so that the lip isn't bowing downward), so I'm not sure why you didn't back in the day. But no worries..

Either way, glad to have you back around. Unfortunately, the 3rd gen community is pretty much dead and has been for several years. We just lost a few to pretty bad wrecks just recently as well.

Last edited by James92SE; 03-31-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 PM

no hard feeling james. at least i can say everything will be perfect now. that shaved trunk is the same trunk using for mold.

what springs & wheel offset you running james? love the look you have. im ditching the ****ty ST springs and going with 18X8 with lower offset to get the look i need.

carbon fiber carbon fiber carbon fiber
3rd gen 3rd gen 3rd gen!!!

speak up peeps!
Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 PM

89boosted, how interested are you in the trunk?
Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 PM

id be interested in a trunk like asap and a hood like when tax season comes around next year. but yea def dont have the 600 to dump all at once? wanna do a payment plan???
Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 PM

no payment plan. just get a credit card with a $1k limit. pay it off in a matter of months. once we have 5 people, i need everyone to prepay in full. Otherwise not gonna happen. hard enough to fork out at least $3k in molds here and im not asking anyone to pay extra towards those.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:07 PM

so far:

DizZl3 (definitely hood & trunk)
AllMaxedOut (definitely hood)
89BoostedMax (interested trunk)
KrashKid0305 (interested in trunk

Correct me if im wrong but that makes a 2 hoods and possibly 3 trunks. Is this correct and who else wants in on this legendary group buy?!!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:49 AM

Bump!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:09 AM

cmon guys, starting to get skeptical . . .
Old 04-01-2012, 01:07 PM

c'mon guys, this might be the last time we have a chance at these!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 PM

10 years ago I would've been down (and was - I had one of the original group deal FI hoods).. Not my style anymore, plus in Texas sun it'd crap out in 2-3 years unless I painted it..
Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 PM

If you can get a price on both cf and fiberglass I'd be more inclined to say yes definitely

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen OEM Carbon Fiber Hoods / Trunks - Group Buy (yes, seriously)