3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Buying new engine ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by VEvolution
Really? I said I own a VQ? Where? I said I raced against plenty and took my friend's VQ to the limit. Thats more than enough data required to make my conclusion on the stock performance differences between the 2. Even the later gens can't pass my VE on top end(which is also my friends car now) You said the 4th gen is heavier? Really? Please show me where you got this information from. I can show you otherwise if you want. Everyone on here knows that the 4th gen is lighter than the 3rd, if not the lightest Maxima of them all. The trunk is the weight of a feather. I especially like how it rattles even without prior accidents You say the VQ is bulletproof, but since when are aluminum engines stronger than iron ones? Hm? These VTC issues your talking about.. Don't know about you, but my friend has been driving for 100k with ungrounded ticking VTC's and I hear people all the time making it to 300k like that no problem. 7200rpm? Really? Hm, not too sure about that one big guy. I saw something along the lines of 6500 give or take on my friends tach. You sure you reading the thing the right way? This might help..

VQ30DE
The 3.0 L (2987 cc) VQ30DE has a bore and stroke of 93 mm and 73.3 mm respectively with a compression ratio of 10.0:1. It produces 193 PS (142 kW; 190 hp) to 230 PS (170 kW; 230 hp) @ 6900 rpm and 205 to 217 lb·ft (278 to 294 N·m) @4400 rpm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

So yeah, that looks a bit off from what you were saying. I can guarantee all the other things you were saying and will say are going to be in tune with the information you provided about the weight of the vehicles, the gearing, the rpm, etc.

P.S. - The VE had a limited slip diff
The 99 se-L has a VLSD and a TCS the weight differences is only about 100+ pounds heavier than the VQ I will say the wikipedia is not all that accurate I have been reading all kinds of car reviews from Car and Driver to Edmunds they all will have there different facts and opinions. I will say the Ve had iron cast blocks aluminium heads. ok so the TQ wouldn't make the factor here 205 TQ vs 190 TQ on the VE. I know the VE and the VQ have the same trannies. The ratios I will get it here if i can find it. The fed spec motors on the 95-95 maximas can hit 7000 rpm stock mines does so I don't know that your talking about. I will post the ratios.

Last edited by vqmaxman; 02-23-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:34 AM

Really? I said I own a VQ? Where? I said I raced against plenty and took my friend's VQ to the limit. Thats more than enough data required to make my conclusion on the stock performance differences between the 2. Even the later gens can't pass my VE on top end(which is also my friends car now) You said the 4th gen is heavier? Really? Please show me where you got this information from. I can show you otherwise if you want. Everyone on here knows that the 4th gen is lighter than the 3rd, if not the lightest Maxima of them all. The trunk is the weight of a feather. I especially like how it rattles even without prior accidents You say the VQ is bulletproof, but since when are aluminum engines stronger than iron ones? Hm? These VTC issues your talking about.. Don't know about you, but my friend has been driving for 100k with ungrounded ticking VTC's and I hear people all the time making it to 300k like that no problem. 7200rpm? Really? Hm, not too sure about that one big guy. I saw something along the lines of 6500 give or take on my friends tach. You sure you reading the thing the right way? This might help.. http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...n-maxima-6.htm

VQ30DE
The 3.0 L (2987 cc) VQ30DE has a bore and stroke of 93 mm and 73.3 mm respectively with a compression ratio of 10.0:1. It produces 193 PS (142 kW; 190 hp) to 230 PS (170 kW; 230 hp) @ 6400 rpm and 205 to 217 lb·ft (278 to 294 N·m) @4400 rpm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

So yeah, that looks a bit off from what you were saying. I can guarantee all the other things you were saying and will say are going to be in tune with the information you provided about the weight of the vehicles, the gearing, the rpm, etc.

P.S. - The VE had a limited slip diff
The 99 se-L has a VLSD and a TCS the weight differences is only about 100+ pounds heavier than the VQ I will say the wikipedia is not all that accurate I have been reading all kinds of car reviews from Car and Driver to Edmunds they all will have there different facts and opinions. I will say the Ve had iron cast blocks aluminium heads. ok so the TQ wouldn't make the factor here 205 TQ vs 190 TQ on the VE. I know the VE and the VQ have the same trannies. The ratios I will get it here if i can find it. The fed spec motors on the 95-95 maximas can hit 7000 rpm stock mines does so I don't know that your talking about. I will post the ratios.

Last edited by vqmaxman; 02-23-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:45 AM

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...n-maxima-6.htm

If the autos are the same on the 3rd gens as they are on the 4th gens than why do they reccomend the 3rd gen with the auto with a matic-c fluid not the auto with a matic-D fluid. The fluids changed cause the gears in the trannies changed and so did the ratios. I will find the manuals type. http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...n-maxima-6.htm

Last edited by vqmaxman; 02-23-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 AM

lux97 what are you gonna get in the car. I tried to get every site to see if they still carry some jdm VE I don't see any yet.I went to all the sites I can think of and they don't have them there they are rare dude. I would get it rebuild or get it off of someone here on the forums. The JY engine is a risk to take on your own,because you won't know what was wrong untill you hook it up or you spend money to pick it apart and check it out.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
The Fed spec can hit 7000 rpm stock, I can my fed spec, other fed specs can hit 7000 rpm the late 97-99 maximas can hit the redlines. The VQ are more relaible than the VE,because Ve's start smoking burning oil like the 3.5 or if that car has been driven hard to the ground.I wouldn't see a VQ do that. I always ask myself why I see so many of the VE thrown away out in JY most of them are in perfect condition. I will agree that the only problem on the VQ was there alternators in the 98 had a recall catching on fire issue blame nissan for going cheap on many things and the coil pack issues on the 99. the knock sensors issues and the o2 sensors on the 95-96 maximas. The 99 se-ls are the only ones that have the LSD and TCS. I am still looking for the gear ratio specs.
Lol you seriously are just making things up and/or are delusional. VE's smoking and oil consumption issues? You can make a point with the VTC's but it's a real stretch to claim the VE has oil consumption issues like the 3.5 in fact I can't even remember the last time, if any, I've heard about about 3.5ish oil consumption issues on anybody's VE on here.

Do you have any idea how many 4th gens I see at the junkyards? And the extent to which they outnumber 3rd gens? Do you think I'm ignorant enough to come to the conclusion that the 3rd gen must therefore be more reliable than the 4th?

C'mon man, really, you've displayed a rather large misunderstanding/ignorance and exaggeration factor here here and you can't "win" this e-debate. Frankly I really don't care what you think of the VE and this age-old VE/VQ thing has been beaten to death long before you popped in, but your sheer ignorance and being flat out wrong on several key things really kind of irks me
Old 02-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

I was wondering why did the ve only come in 5speeds. Vg's came in auto and manual.
auto has a 4 -speed. manual has 5 speed.
make up your damned mind. either the VE didn't with an auto (which it did), or it did (which it did).

It's clear you know little about the VE, seeing as you didn't even know what transmissions were available for that engine.
Greeny had over 300k miles on his VE, and it was a ****ing hotrod, until the synchros in his transmission blew up.
all this **** you keep talking regarding the VE is due to poor maintenance, not the engine.

now, where's my coffee...
Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by BenStoked
make up your damned mind. either the VE didn't with an auto (which it did), or it did (which it did).

It's clear you know little about the VE, seeing as you didn't even know what transmissions were available for that engine.
Greeny had over 300k miles on his VE, and it was a ****ing hotrod, until the synchros in his transmission blew up.
all this **** you keep talking regarding the VE is due to poor maintenance, not the engine.

I know about the Ve and that's why I was stating there facts straight. I will admit that the tranny part I was not sure off. I am not making **** up you can ask the Op yourself.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by James92SE
Lol you seriously are just making things up and/or are delusional. VE's smoking and oil consumption issues? You can make a point with the VTC's but it's a real stretch to claim the VE has oil consumption issues like the 3.5 in fact I can't even remember the last time, if any, I've heard about about 3.5ish oil consumption issues on anybody's VE on here.

Do you have any idea how many 4th gens I see at the junkyards? And the extent to which they outnumber 3rd gens? Do you think I'm ignorant enough to come to the conclusion that the 3rd gen must therefore be more reliable than the 4th?

C'mon man, really, you've displayed a rather large misunderstanding/ignorance and exaggeration factor here here and you can't "win" this e-debate. Frankly I really don't care what you think of the VE and this age-old VE/VQ thing has been beaten to death long before you popped in, but your sheer ignorance and being flat out wrong on several key things really kind of irks me
I am not trying debate over the Vq/ve thing. I am here to say the oil consumption does exit on this motor if it didn't why is the Op here needing an new engine,because he had no oil on the dipstick he would dump the 5qt oil in his car than drive off with smelly blue smoke coming from the exhaust than the car would clack he pulls over gets out of his car and checked for oil none on there. I will just say let the op tell you all of it. I think you guys think that I got something on this issue.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to find evidence of this severe problem of oil consumption on the ve30de.
I found three people (four, if we include the OP, which hasn't actually indicated he has this problem) who have had real oil consumption issues. all three can be attributed to poor maintenance, or to some other random issue.
I have found three THOUSAND issues on the vq series of engine, all pointing to it being a real problem.

in short, you know ****, and your bunghole is spewing misinformation.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 AM

can somebody tell me what a fed spec maxima is?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by BklynsmoeVE
can somebody tell me what a fed spec maxima is?
non-cali-spec, usdm car.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:24 PM

I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to find evidence of this severe problem of oil consumption on the ve30de.
I found three people (four, if we include the OP, which hasn't actually indicated he has this problem) who have had real oil consumption issues. all three can be attributed to poor maintenance, or to some other random issue.
I have found three THOUSAND issues on the vq series of engine, all pointing to it being a real problem.

in short, you know ****, and your bunghole is spewing misinformation.
I know the Op he is from my area and we know the motor is and was consumtioning oil and the Ve are a problem thousand times more than the Vq. I don't see or here any 30 going down due to oil consumption. The 3rd and 4th gens have all kinds of problems for both motors. I am not misinforming anything here. I think your know **** about vq's and there problems. I WILL LET THE OP CHIM IN.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:34 PM

This place has VE30s in stock.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

I know the Op he is from my area and we know the motor is and was consumtioning oil and the Ve are a problem thousand times more than the Vq. I don't see or here any 30 going down due to oil consumption. The 3rd and 4th gens have all kinds of problems for both motors. I am not misinforming anything here. I think your know **** about vq's and there problems. I WILL LET THE OP CHIM IN.
okay, so that makes ve30de four engines having oil consumption problems.
Four. compared to three thousand for the VQ-thirty that I found.

point for me regarding facts.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by shoult
Nice find, fair price too
Old 02-23-2012, 03:42 PM

my problem was not that my motor was having oil consumption problems that is false, it had a MASSIVE rear main seal leak, that led me to having to add oil, it alslo had a bad piston ring the problem which was due to VERY BAD MAINTENANCE on the previous owners part. it would only blow blue smoke upon start up i would have to let it warm up and it was fine, vqmaxman doesn't know what he is talking about.

Last edited by lux97Max; 02-23-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by lux97Max
my problem was not that my motor was having oil consumption problems that is false, it had a MASSIVE rear main seal leak, that led me to having to add oil, it alslo had a bad piston ring the problem which was due to VERY BAD MAINTENANCE on the previous owners part. it would only blow blue smoke upon start up i would have to let it warm up and it was fine, vqmaxman doesn't know what he is talking about.
Your blowing smoke your oil is consumping because the oil rings and your compresions rings took a dump and your saying vq knows nothing next time you ask for help luxman your on your own since you can't man up and admit the truth.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:00 PM

okay, so that makes ve30de four engines having oil consumption problems.
Four. compared to three thousand for the VQ-thirty that I found.

point for me regarding facts.
Point me to the facts were there was a 30 vq with a three thousand issue name you can't there is none, forcept normal wear and tear issues. When did the vq 30 go bad with there oil consumption none again.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:02 PM

that is a good find, but i also called them a week ago and they didnt have it i must have spend 10 hours looking for this engine.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:07 PM

Your blowing smoke your oil is consumping because the oil rings and your compresions rings took a dump and your saying vq knows nothing next time you ask for help luxman your on your own since you can't man up and admit the truth.
lol you have been told the truth many times on here as you can see and still fail to realize the truth.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:28 PM

lol you have been told the truth many times on here as you can see and still fail to realize the truth.

Um, there was what truth and where I realize and I know the truth, I even no more than you so stop trying score points off of me and get a engine and just stop talking. WHAT YOUR GONNA DRIVE ON HOPES AND DREAMS.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:52 PM

i like my coffee with no sugar light on the cream. thank you kindly
Old 02-23-2012, 05:13 PM
I miss my VE

vqmaxman, give it up.. I hope you get to meet a good running VE one day with a driver willing to show you what it's all about. Till then, you don't know enough about our cars to even try to prove something here. This will be a good experience for you to open up your mind a bit(if your smart that is), weather you admit it to us or not. VQ guys who actually knew what they were talking about in hundreds of these VE vs VQ debates, still got nowhere. There was a nice official chart many years ago here on the org, but not on the forums, on the site itself and it compared the VG, VE, and VQ. It showed all the technologies that the VE had that the VQ did not. It also showed dyno sheets that showed exactly how the VE chews up the VQ in the top end. After 4600 rpm if I remember correctly. The VE came with a Variable Intake manifold, something the VQ30DE doesn't have, and thats why 4th gen guys all run to get those MEVI/00vi mods cause their top end sucks without it. The VE comes with one ready to go. Here this is for you.. Remember, you car can't do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S1F7P66Pmo
Old 02-23-2012, 05:56 PM

i like my coffee with no sugar light on the cream. thank you kindly
Don't forget to brush your teeth after you finished. I don't wanna smell no tarter sauce breath.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:32 PM

vqmaxman, give it up.. I hope you get to meet a good running VE one day with a driver willing to show you what it's all about. Till then, you don't know enough about our cars to even try to prove something here. This will be a good experience for you to open up your mind a bit(if your smart that is), weather you admit it to us or not. VQ guys who actually knew what they were talking about in hundreds of these VE vs VQ debates, still got nowhere. There was a nice official chart many years ago here on the org, but not on the forums, on the site itself and it compared the VG, VE, and VQ. It showed all the technologies that the VE had that the VQ did not. It also showed dyno sheets that showed exactly how the VE chews up the VQ in the top end. After 4600 rpm if I remember correctly. The VE came with a Variable Intake manifold, something the VQ30DE doesn't have, and thats why 4th gen guys all run to get those MEVI/00vi mods cause their top end sucks without it. The VE comes with one ready to go. Here this is for you.. Remember, you car can't do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S1F7P66Pmo
Lol....haha...really I have my car many times seeing 140 with no problems. I am smart, I have an open mind. I will tell you guys I can roll at 80 and lay into it I will easily hit 120-140. I have been doing this since 07. If the ve guys and the vq guys knew there is a icva that helps and makes a diffrent,but the mod will either help you all out on the low-end or the mid-range. I can just gain all mid-range and top-end with my tunning mod It's possible. I am up there in the high speeds I can see 5600 not 4600. I have the videos to make and I will show you guys what a late model se max can do it's in the links I posted. I will admit without any adjustments to the iacv the top-end does slow down I ted bit.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

erm...
try that again in ENGLISH, please.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 PM

The VE was the template for the VQ. Its was like the prototype. They realize their mistakes, flaws and space for improvement thus revising it with the VQ30. The oil pump failure for a VE is very rare (not that it doesn't happen) the only draw back with the motor was the VTC tick. The coil pack thing is normal for any motor with direct coil ignition. vqmax your going back and forth with with owners/ gurus who have owned their cars for over 10 years.

Hah. I just realized something. The ppl who own 3rd & 4th gens or go to 4th gens from 3rd gens own VGs (columbianmax, cmax03, jeremeep, etc...). Can't recall one person with a VE owning a VQ30 or going to a VQ30.

Last edited by maximo018; 02-23-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:00 PM

I am highly impressed and love both of my motors. How you gonna compare Legos to Kinex? Lol
Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 PM

erm...
try that again in ENGLISH, please.

ahem.. ok If the VQ lacked the VTC, but if you only knew there was a IACV that will make up for it, I have done it and it works. The adjustment on the IACV valve will set the TPS electronically to open the plate at a blank point range. this causing the valves to work twices as hard as it was supposed to work at factory ratings. This why there are two cables one for the driver to accelerate with and the other for the car to adjust its idling to give the boost that the engine is looking for.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 PM

theres something about owning a maxima that you'll rep your motor to your grave, foolishly or wisely
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by maximo018
The VE was the template for the VQ. Its was like the prototype. They realize their mistakes, flaws and space for improvement thus revising it with the VQ30. The oil pump failure for a VE is very rare (not that it doesn't happen) the only draw back with the motor was the VTC tick. The coil pack thing is normal for any motor with direct coil ignition. vqmax your going back and forth with with owners/ gurus who have owned their cars for over 10 years.

Hah. I just realized something. The ppl who own 3rd & 4th gens or go to 4th gens from 3rd gens own VGs (columbianmax, cmax03, jeremeep, etc...). Can't recall one person with a VE owning a VQ30 or going to a VQ30.
I had a VG don't get me wrong, I liked that car untill, I gave the car to my mechanic that I thought was a honest mechanic, it happend to be a Honda lover you know what he did ruinned the things that did not need to be worked on. I asked him for a simple tune-up. I got the car back with bent inner and outer tierods and busted cv boot, leaking tranny seal and engine seal. The strut mounts were strioped, I was driving to work one day and than all of a sudden the strut slipped through the mount hole and the car wobbled, the could of fliped over and that would of been it right there. I fixed some of the stuff slowly myself and the help from the org. I had a VE to drive and man that was a same producting car as my VQ is. I think the bottomline is Nissan learned from the VE and changed alot for the VQ to be on the top 10 wards best engines. I wish Nissan would spend as much on the 4th gens as they did for the 3rd gens when It came to the ABS and other packages standard vs optional ect.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:38 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

yeah... still not english.
(helpful hint: use a single thought per sentence. In your superiority, you forgot us lowly beings are only capable of following one train of thought without proper punctuation and grammar. ****, there's three half sentences in the first sentence of your last reply to me)
Old 02-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

ahem.. ok If the VQ lacked the VTC, but if you only knew there was a IACV that will make up for it, I have done it and it works. The adjustment on the IACV valve will set the TPS electronically to open the plate at a blank point range. this causing the valves to work twices as hard as it was supposed to work at factory ratings. This why there are two cables one for the driver to accelerate with and the other for the car to adjust its idling to give the boost that the engine is looking for.
alright, so now that I have had some coffee, I shall pwn you.
my vg30e maxima has an IACV.
my Lexus SC400 has an IACV.
every Supra I have onwed (all from before 1990) had an IACV.
my brother's Ford f-150 has an IACV.
my brother's 1987 Camaro has an IACV.

I think I have made my point regarding the Idle Air Control Valve (which controls air for idle speed, as the name implies).

next: The TPS is set, and has to be adjusted manually (not sure if the VQ is actually adjustable, as a few cars aren't. Every honda i have touched technically isn't, but most cars are.) The sole job of the TPS is to tell the ECU how far your foot has pulled the throttle's butterfly valve open. It does absolutely nothing else.

as to the rest of your blatherings , idfk what you're talking about, as the only work the valves do is open and close. They aren't being subjected to charged air conditions (at least, not as any part of this conversation).
They aren't under any MORE stress at WOT with a properly functioning system than they are at WOT with a non-functional system

oh, and last time I was under the hood, I didn't see any weird cables runnign from the tps to the iacv. I saw the throttle cable, and the cruise control cable.

you should just put the spliff down, and never touch the **** again. it's quite obvious that IF you ever knew what you're talking about, that time is no longer.

Last edited by BenStoked; 02-24-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 AM

Typically if an engine blows blue smoke on start up and it goes away when warm it's the valve stem seals that are going, not rings.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:49 PM

Typically if an engine blows blue smoke on start up and it goes away when warm it's the valve stem seals that are going, not rings.
IT's the rings not the seals,because the car was warmed up and the car continuesly blows blue smoke. THe car would blow smoke when it was driven and at idle. The car was blowing smoke at all times.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:53 PM

yeah... still not english.
(helpful hint: use a single thought per sentence. In your superiority, you forgot us lowly beings are only capable of following one train of thought without proper punctuation and grammar. ****, there's three half sentences in the first sentence of your last reply to me)
I don't have run on sentences, there are some grammers punctuation and some period marks. exlamation point if you want me to put them in. I know how to speak and type in english. **** with your grammers and the english your using.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:58 PM

Wait wait wait.

vqman is an engine expert yet had to take his car to an incompetent "mechanic" to do a tune-up?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

I don't have run on sentences, there are some grammers punctuation and some period marks. exlamation point if you want me to put them in. I know how to speak and type in english. **** with your grammers and the english your using.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah...
Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 PM

alright, so now that I have had some coffee, I shall pwn you.
my vg30e maxima has an IACV.
my Lexus SC400 has an IACV.
every Supra I have onwed (all from before 1990) had an IACV.
my brother's Ford f-150 has an IACV.
my brother's 1987 Camaro has an IACV.

I think I have made my point regarding the Idle Air Control Valve (which controls air for idle speed, as the name implies).

next: The TPS is set, and has to be adjusted manually (not sure if the VQ is actually adjustable, as a few cars aren't. Every honda i have touched technically isn't, but most cars are.) The sole job of the TPS is to tell the ECU how far your foot has pulled the throttle's butterfly valve open. It does absolutely nothing else.

as to the rest of your blatherings , idfk what you're talking about, as the only work the valves do is open and close. They aren't being subjected to charged air conditions (at least, not as any part of this conversation).
They aren't under any MORE stress at WOT with a properly functioning system than they are at WOT with a non-functional system

oh, and last time I was under the hood, I didn't see any weird cables runnign from the tps to the iacv. I saw the throttle cable, and the cruise control cable.

you should just put the spliff down, and never touch the **** again. it's quite obvious that IF you ever knew what you're talking about, that time is no longer.
I made a typo about the butterfly valves there is one for the cruise cable and one for the accelerator. I was saying there are cars out there that have the adjustable Iacv and I know my VG had it and I was saying VE don't have it because there mannifolds don't need it and there vtc is somewhat make up for it. To pwn you know yes, vq are adjustable that's what I am using on my car now and it's moving rapidly quick than it's supposed to.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

I made a typo about the butterfly valves there is one for the cruise cable and one for the accelerator. I was saying there are cars out there that have the adjustable Iacv and I know my VG had it and I was saying VE don't have it because there mannifolds don't need it and there vtc is somewhat make up for it. To pwn you know yes, vq are adjustable that's what I am using on my car now and it's moving rapidly quick than it's supposed to.
all fuel injected engines have an idle air valve.

Quick Reply: Buying new engine ?'s