3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Why Do I

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Why Do I

Get the feeling that "MOST" 3rd gen owners are not true enthusiasts. I luv to spend on my biatch mang.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

b/c most of the ppl that own them are broke or crazy.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:20 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

I own one, and i'm broke AND crazy...
Old 09-16-2010, 04:52 PM

i own a 1989 nissan maxima, currently working on adding some mods
ill post pictures soon
Old 09-16-2010, 05:29 PM

im straight off the handle ... there isn't one straight bone in my body ... i've spent TONS of money on my max and hopefully won't EVER get rid of her!!!
i've got alot done too and im not even close to DONE!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:56 PM

i am and hella JDM at that

i remember when i was asking if theres a chance at all that other people would be interested in a group buy for 3rd gen CF hoods and CF trunks a while ago, someone said that most 3rd genners are too cheap to go for it, i didnt believe it but now i do

what i usually do though is work long hours winters and save up money, and work a bit less during the summer and get stuff done, i worked 6-7 days long hours in a row last winter and got a huge to-do list done this summer.

Last edited by chrome91; 09-16-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

I wouldn't say I am "not an enthusiast," but broke and crazy indeed.
anyway, I love seeing a clean 3rd gen, love seeing when people (properly) mod them.
as for me, a few basics, and I am happy with mine.
I have other cars to mod, now that money is more available. my sc400 has one of the most beautiful sounding engines, alot of aftermarket support (in it's own right, as well as sharing parts with a mk4 supra). the same can't be said for the 3rd gen, and the little we have is dwindling away before our eyes.
It's a great beater/daily, and I am glad to have it. over 260k on the clock, and i intend on keeping it for quite a while.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Augustus Maximus
Get the feeling that "MOST" 3rd gen owners are not true enthusiasts.
Because they aren't. The majority are here to get answers to problems.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:44 PM

Most Def Krazy!!!

I LUV my Biotch, dats her nickname mang!!! I just spent like a gee and plan on spendin' mo, easy come and easy go!!! Yeah most owners are bridoke, but dats why they have a 3rdgen. I coulda sold my Biitch and added dat money with the chedder I spent on my Volvo but I'm attached to my Max. I'm taking her all da way 2 da promise land, same wit da Volvo 850(4 all U who already Know bout dat). My Max is solid, engine is solid, interior is right, I figure by dis time next year she'll be runnin' atleast 300+ WHP, ground efex and sum new kicks. I'm unda the hood or the chassis like everyday mann!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by shiloh51933
I LUV my Biotch, dats her nickname mang!!! I just spent like a gee and plan on spendin' mo, easy come and easy go!!! Yeah most owners are bridoke, but dats why they have a 3rdgen. I coulda sold my Biitch and added dat money with the chedder I spent on my Volvo but I'm attached to my Max. I'm taking her all da way 2 da promise land, same wit da Volvo 850(4 all U who already Know bout dat). My Max is solid, engine is solid, interior is right, I figure by dis time next year she'll be runnin' atleast 300+ WHP, ground efex and sum new kicks. I'm unda the hood or the chassis like everyday mann!!!
in white boy language please for my cracka ***? something like

I love my bish automobile, that happens to be here nickname gents. I just spent a large sum of money and plan on spending more, as they say easy come easy go. Most 3rd genners seem broke, but that happens to be why they have a 3rd generation Nissan Maxima. I could have sold my bish and added the money with the money i spent on my Volvo automobile but im attached to my Maxima. I am taking her very far, same with my Volvo automobile. My Maxima is quite solid, engine is solid, and the interior is quite suited to my needs. I am figuring by this time next year, she will have at least three hundred or more wheel horsepower, ground effects, and some new wheels. I am under the hood or the chassis everyday gentlemen

Last edited by chrome91; 09-16-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:54 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Originally Posted by dead2fall
there isn't one straight bone in my body

Old 09-16-2010, 06:54 PM

Old 09-16-2010, 06:59 PM

Haha. Nice translation.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91

I love my bish automobile, that happens to be here nickname gents. I just spent a large sum of money and plan on spending more, as they say easy come easy go. Most 3rd genners seem broke, but that happens to be why they have a 3rd generation Nissan Maxima. I could have sold my bish and added the money with the money i spent on my Volvo automobile but im attached to my Maxima. I am taking her very far, same with my Volvo automobile. My Maxima is quite solid, engine is solid, and the interior is quite suited to my needs. I am figuring by this time next year, she will have at least three hundred or more wheel horsepower, ground effects, and some new wheels. I am under the hood or the chassis everyday gentlemen
^^^ ROFLMAO!!!^^^
Old 09-16-2010, 07:08 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

i remember when i was asking if theres a chance at all that other people would be interested in a group buy for 3rd gen CF hoods and CF trunks a while ago, someone said that most 3rd genners are too cheap to go for it, i didnt believe it but now i do
Well but you're a decade too late on that. We (barely) accomplished that years and years ago. Plus CF hoods/trunk lids are played out anyway. Once you get one and realize it looks like crap after a year or two you'd regret it anyway

Personally, if I were merely into 3rd gens as a "beater" car, I'd sell it and get an old 4 cylinder Camry, Accord, or Civic sedan. All make for better/more reliable daily driver beater cars, and much better gas mileage at that.

I also think most so-called enthusiasts in any one car are just wusses - giving up on the car when it reaches some maintenance issues and passes under a certain resell threshold that in their heads they deem to be "not worth it" to work on. Just man up and rebuild the car if you truly like it. Much cheaper than a new car, and you still have new car reliability
Old 09-16-2010, 07:15 PM

do they really look like crap? i either want a Z31 hoodscoop on my stock hood or a custom CF one, i almost bought a remaining CF hood in January from the old group buy but something else came up sadly, someone told me about a place in the city that could maybe make a custom one but if it looks crappy after a while forget it

people in my family always beat on my for keeping the car, my cousins told me for months to get rid of it and get a R32 GTS Skyline, and everyone else would say "youve spent $10,000+ on that thing since youve got it, look at this ______ car for $5000, you could have bought it already instead" it also bugs me that i can name every single family members vehicle, but with me its "So hows that Camry of yours doing?" or "Hows the Corolla?"

im planning on a Cressida, S13 or similar early next year as a 2nd car but i will always have my 3rd gen. the best things have been a) the people on here who have told me im not wasting my time b) the guy who did my supsension and engine work told me im not wasting my time and c) the dude who followed me home last year and asked my buy my Max on the spot

i just want to learn how to remove a engine and drop a trans in a hour or two like some members on here, maybe i can find a S13 for cheap with a blown engine and learn how to do things

Last edited by chrome91; 09-16-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by Hectic
The majority are here to get answers to problems.
haha

quoted for truth.

There are a few people here that know their stuff and a lot of people asking them over and over again about the same problems.

I guess I should have a nicer spare car by now, but I can't seem to get rid of the Maxima. I drove it Wednesday for the first time since mid July. I got positive comments from the guy at the gas station and from another guy at a chain saw shop. It made me feel pretty good. Yeah, I used it to haul my chainsaw to a shop, but I put a blanket down, a rubber floor mat on top of that and put the saw in a tire bag.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:13 PM

when i get gas at Shell half the time they ask me what kind of car. but i suppose its like what i do, if i see a car that i cant recognize the first thing i do is see if its LHD or RHD
Old 09-16-2010, 09:44 PM

i love my 3rd gen and i never plan on selling it. it is by far the most reliable car i've ever owned. i know that im broke and crazy but i love putting money into my max. the biggest thing i've done to it is a jdm transmission swap form jdm engine depot. it has yokohama avid h4s 215/65/15 tires on the stock machined se wheels, custom audio system, plus tons more. i know im an enthusiast. i had to beg my uncle to let me buy the car from him for 3 years before he sold t to me. been in love with it ever since
Old 09-16-2010, 10:00 PM

I also have spent WAY to much money on my max.... WAAAAY to much. However, i love my car and dont regret it at all.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by James92SE
I also think most so-called enthusiasts in any one car are just wusses - giving up on the car when it reaches some maintenance issues and passes under a certain resell threshold that in their heads they deem to be "not worth it" to work on. Just man up and rebuild the car if you truly like it. Much cheaper than a new car, and you still have new car reliability
Amen to that.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by Augustus Maximus
Get the feeling that "MOST" 3rd gen owners are not true enthusiasts. I luv to spend on my biatch mang.
Hope you're not talking about me!

Omg what a coinscidence, today is 5 years since I bought my 3rd gen
http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generat...9-17-06-a.html

http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generat...ive-again.html

http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generat...up-11-1-a.html
Old 09-17-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
b/c most of the ppl that own them are broke or crazy.
This

Originally Posted by Greeny
I own one, and i'm broke AND crazy...
and This.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:29 AM

I thought you guy's would get a kick out of that, lol!!! As I can see you didn't but doing your "White Boy Translation" as U call it, others did and so did I. I would just like to add that your statement is stereo typical of how some races speak and could be considered by some people as racist. My post was all in good fun, as Augustus Maximas first stated and I'll quote "I luv to spend on my Biatch Mang". My ride is my Biiitch!!! My Baby!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by shiloh51933
I thought you guy's would get a kick out of that, lol!!! As I can see you didn't but doing your "White Boy Translation" as U call it, others did and so did I. I would just like to add that your statement is stereo typical of how some races speak and could be considered by some people as racist. My post was all in good fun, as Augustus Maximas first stated and I'll quote "I luv to spend on my Biatch Mang". My ride is my Biiitch!!! My Baby!!!
its not waysist people talk gangsta, but its weird to type it. lots of people do it
Old 09-17-2010, 05:51 PM

i've had my 3rd gen since Dec. '99 and the sig can speak for itself and im still not done with her.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
Because they aren't. The majority are here to get answers to problems.
+1 on that.

it saddens my that as the years go by...i used to see all kinds of daily threads that started with: "got my catback on today! loving it" , or "how much of a shot of N20 can my VE handle?"

now its more like: "i cant get my 91 max started, please help!" or, "my car leaks oil from somewhere...but where?"

.....guess its a sign how fast times are changing...
Old 09-17-2010, 06:24 PM

My biatch goes on the road tomorrow, so I'll be doing her like every day. Keepin it simple, keepin it tight more on the restoration tip. Viva la VE!!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:28 AM

Ok boys, I'm registered . Parking the 5.5 gen and activating the VE...

Last edited by Augustus Maximus; 09-19-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i am and hella JDM at that

what i usually do though is work long hours winters and save up money, and work a bit less during the summer and get stuff done, i worked 6-7 days long hours in a row last winter and got a huge to-do list done this summer.
You are about 5 years late to the game. There have already been group buys, not many people at this point want to spend $1200 on a $2500 car. Its not being cheap, its being reasonable.

It's all relative. Look at other automotive groups and Maxima owners seem cheap/frugal. Other times they can drop some substantial money.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:12 PM

its not waysist people talk gangsta, but its weird to type it. lots of people do it
You said in "White boy language", your implying that I was talking in another races' language, some people might be offended, especially if they were half black and half white. Like I said, it was all just to be funny and what's weird about typing the way I talk. Not for nothing but real ganster's talk like "Goodfellas", not like your implication and that's keeping it for real.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by maxmaxima91
I also have spent WAY to much money on my max.... WAAAAY to much. However, i love my car and dont regret it at all.
What ever you spent is worth it, it looks right and runs right, I hope 2 get mine running those kinda quarter mile times.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
+1 on that.

it saddens my that as the years go by...i used to see all kinds of daily threads that started with: "got my catback on today! loving it" , or "how much of a shot of N20 can my VE handle?"

now its more like: "i cant get my 91 max started, please help!" or, "my car leaks oil from somewhere...but where?"

.....guess its a sign how fast times are changing...
My dude, I don't know if you read my thread on my custom exhaust. All of it wasn't custom really but I hooked up a 2.5 inch exhaust from the y-pipe all the way back with a catback system meant for the 4thgen, a highflow Magna flow cat, KEM O2 and a CES Y-pipe and Fuuckin' LUV IT!!!! Pardon my French.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:44 PM

I'm proud of mine and all the fun it brings just driving it ....
Old 09-18-2010, 04:56 PM

i just spent 400 on new wheels and tires:x
Old 09-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned

im not gonna lie.. im not really an enthusiast. i love my white *****. and ive taken it as far as i want to with out getting real deep. its my first car and my toy. haha. but if things go well in the next month i might be selling out and gettin out of the maxima game and being a honda kid.. haha.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hatmanafro
gettin out of the maxima game and being a honda kid.. haha.
most people go from Hondas to a Nissan, Toyota, or Mazda.

really i think you'll be disappointed going from a torquey V6 to a lawnmower engine 4 banger. Hondas have a bad name from being riced out most of the time
Old 09-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned

most people go from Hondas to a Nissan, Toyota, or Mazda.

really i think you'll be disappointed going from a torquey V6 to a lawnmower engine 4 banger. Hondas have a bad name from being riced out most of the time
funny you mention the word rice. ahaha.. the car i might get is hella riced out.. a mexican dude that i work with drives it. altezzas, horrid body kit, wing, fart can, hella knock off wheels. all included.. but its a 5 speed and i see the potential. steelies and stock body panels should do the trick. atleast thats my plan. but i first have to get everything figured out. not to mention i have to really see the car in detail.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:43 PM

dont do it, trust me. if you really want something else, look into a Z31, 1st gen RX7, Toyota Cressida, anything but a riced Honda
Old 09-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Banned

1st gen rx 7? hahaha. how are you gonna bring that up when u just mentioned missing torque. lmao..
plus. it might not pan out. its just a possibility
and plus. the mpg is really enticing.. i spend like $160 a month in gas.. maybe not that much but im sure if i drove a honda it would be way less. haha