3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.
View Poll Results: Are you interested in some parts?
Interested in some of your aftermarket items
50.00%
In need of some stock parts
37.50%
Throw in storage and fix up down the road.
50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

I have to do something with my Max (pontential partout)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:05 PM

I have to do something with my Max (pontential partout)

This is a feeler thread (flame away). LOL

Anyway, I've come to a bitter crossroad that i was hoping not to come to. I've had to drag my maxima through one move already, wasn't such a big deal as I still had my Ford F-250 back then. But it looks like I have another move in the future. And unfortunately this will carry me a long ways from being able to bring her with. In fact I have to even leave my 05 X-runner behind as I can only ship one vehicle.

So now I'm stuck on what to do with my Maxima. It's currently sitting without it's motor or trans. I even in fact had saved up enough money to start work on the block when the word came down I was looking at moving.

After looking at some of threads around here about parts no longer around I've been tossing the idea around to part out my Maxima. I've got a few goodies sitting around, a few that weren't even installed. But I don't feel comfortable just letting go of a few hi profile items and leaving a bunch of others for trash heap when there could be someone out there needing something.

Some of the bigger items sitting around

-Brembo slotted rotors (complete set), SP Diamond Slot rotors (complete set)
-SS braided brake lines
-Mr. Gone's mandrel bent intake tube (that'll bring back a few memories)
-Clear corners
-The biggest hottest item around, Koni reds with Eibach springs. I have the front's done and assembled though it needs new bearings (i have them as well). The rears have not been installed. And the kicker is they have 0 mileage on em. That's right, I bought the setup right before I pulled the motor, and didn't get them installed till a few months later.

My motor is also torn down, so I have easy access to internal and external parts.

If I can get a big enough interest in the parts then I'll start pricing stuff and posting. But if it's too quiet then I'll just opp for some storage fees and get around to her eventually.

BTW, this would be a full part out, If I can get in a box and it's shippable through UPS/Fedex, it's for sale. Also if you're one of those people who doesn't mind trips I'll part with larger items as well. (Sturgis is next week, perfect excuse to come up here and grab some body panels)

Last edited by kcidmil; 08-04-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:31 PM

location?

its too late now but i would have taken the struts, i called ALL of Canada and the US and NOBODY has Konis or Tokicos leftover
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 PM

that's weird, it used to be listed there, but anyway it's back up there again.

Rapid City, South Dakota

BTW, if you click the Maxima Site link in green on my signature block, it'll take you to my cardomain site which has all the pictures. You might find some stuff in there that I forgot I had.

On the lighter side, for those of you who have voted for, or will vote for "storage"... the wife agrees with you a 100% ROFL

Last edited by kcidmil; 08-04-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:52 PM

i voted storage you mean store the whole car right? i would just do that personally
Old 08-04-2010, 09:53 PM

If you do part out might be interested in struts. And definatley a vg30 crankshaft it in good condition.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

part it out except the body and sell me the shell I'd love a rust free shell
Old 08-05-2010, 05:18 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

keep the good stuff (esp the konis).it should all fit in a large box, or two.
sell the rest.
two boxes are cheaper to store (or stow) than a car.
and the money you are saving can be added to (plus funds from partout), so buying a new 3rd gen isn't that far, anyway
Old 08-05-2010, 05:51 AM

For storage it would be everything, the car and all the boxes that have my engine parts in them. The body doesn't have any major rust, just a couple of spots showing through the paint, but they haven't developed any farther since it's been in the garage for the past 4 years straight. It does have hail damage across the top. Heck I even had a spare hood.

The crank was fine when i pulled it out, the bearings were showing signs of some serious wear, so it's a good thing I tore it apart when I did. It doesn't surprise me though, generaly I drove it around nice, and never hit the redline. But there was that one power shift from 2nd to 3rd. First and last time I've ever done that. The car broke lose and kept going straight around a curve into oncoming traffic. Luckily it caught up and got some traction so I could get back into my lane before the cars got close. One of those "Wooohooo.... OH $H!T!!!!!" moments.

Trust me, the memories are there to want to keep this thing. but at the same time I'm actually trying to be honest with myself. I really don't see getting around to this project till about 5 years from now. And I'd be happier knowing the parts went somewhere they were needed and wanted than just sitting around some junkyard rotting away.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 AM

Install engine and transmission, sell online. Less work, more money.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:19 AM

Willing to see how much the Koni's and Eibachs will go for.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Way out West

I might be interested in a set of rotors. I keep thinking about 300zx brakes, but I don't think I will ever get around to it. I kind of need new rotors, anyway. throw out a price via PM if you want.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:16 PM

PM sent there cliff, just let me know what you think.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:27 PM
STFU n00b!

My suggestion is similar to what Stoked said.. pull the mods off the car and sell/part the rest. toss your mods in the shipping truck and take 'em with you when you move. When you get settled in the new place, buy another 3 gen and put the toys on it.
Voila!

Last edited by Matt93SE; 08-09-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 AM

I voted to keep in storage and fix down the road, that's what i'd do if it wasd mine. I would be interested in some parts though if you do part out- the koni's mostly but maybe some other small things like fog light switch. It's a shame what happened to your ride but you can fix it.