3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

My 3rd gen is coming alive again!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by maximo018
In my opinion for all of those who live in snowy climate areas of the country should invest in this. http://www.counteractrust.com/counte...tm#automobiles

It protects not just the body but even bolt ons.
Very interesting, I'll read a little more about it tomorrow when I'm more awake. thanks.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:59 PM

found out about it on horsepower tv a few weeks ago. I have no need for it, but it seems a lot of you do.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:13 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by maximo018
found out about it on horsepower tv a few weeks ago.
well that basically means nothing, HPTV will put on anything that you pay them to. It's probably similar to the setup JCWhitney used to sell. Probably doesn't work any better.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Thanks, it was my buddy, I just helped disassemble and clean up

Drives awesome, smooth, quiet, and straight. misfires randomly here and there but the average person can't tell lol

I used 4 -194 Single wedge LEDs from superbrightleds.com

What happened to your Max?
I am curious, as the statement regarding the LEDs and their specification is the only I have found as to an exact source and replacement; did the LEDs fit in without a hitch or was there some fab/mod work?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Someones gotta test it out to find out if it works.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by ve30max
I am curious, as the statement regarding the LEDs and their specification is the only I have found as to an exact source and replacement; did the LEDs fit in without a hitch or was there some fab/mod work?
Search youtube for "Colombianmax" spelled with an "O" not a "U". You'll see a video I posted probably 2 years ago on how to replace the LEDS, not the best video nor angle but I do believe it shows what the bulbs look like and how they go in. In short, they plug right in but only the ones behind the speedo... the climate controls and other buttons require soldering of resistors and LEDs
Old 12-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I need some imput on my 3rd generation I had fixed up for my son but since his grade suck I am selling it way below what I have put into it ...see my photo of the car what do you think I should sell it for ????
Old 12-10-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by mxca11bur
I need some imput on my 3rd generation I had fixed up for my son but since his grade suck I am selling it way below what I have put into it ...see my photo of the car what do you think I should sell it for ????
You made no sense whatsoever and you've also posted in the wrong thread. Please post in threads of similar problem until you've reached 15 posts to make your own thread. Mods please fix?
Old 12-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I miss my VE

You made no sense whatsoever and you've also posted in the wrong thread. Please post in threads of similar problem until you've reached 15 posts to make your own thread. Mods please fix?
El-Oh-El. I think I got it. His son's grades suck, so now he won't get the car. Dad wants to sell it. And wants us to look at a pic he didn't post, so we can tell him how much it's worth. I think I got it
Old 12-10-2009, 09:46 PM

hes got a album, if hes serious about the kid, the kids gonna wish he got good grades, its a clean 3rd gen

http://forums.maxima.org/album.php?albumid=1232

EDIT: on Oct. 8 on one of he pics he told someone hes selling it for $4000?

Last edited by chrome91; 12-10-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:13 AM

Just a small update. Later today my 3rd gen will officially and legally be drivable! I'm getting the plate tags and city sticker tomorrow Gonna have fun in the snow with this puppy. This thing is a beast in the snow vs the 4th gen
Old 12-21-2009, 06:19 AM
mod or sell?

we don't have snow yet
Old 12-21-2009, 10:22 AM

Not where you are... try heading to the southern suburbs! Its crazy how much snow they got vs us. btw Brian, I think I can stop by today
Old 12-21-2009, 10:46 AM
mod or sell?

you're more than welcome too. can you bring a spare 4th gen starter?
Alex will be here too, and I'm getting a stock order in.
No orders though
Old 12-21-2009, 05:57 PM
mod or sell?

Not where you are... try heading to the southern suburbs! Its crazy how much snow they got vs us. btw Brian, I think I can stop by today
you never stopped by it was the starter, put in the later model one and now the car runs on 5.
Tomorrow comes injector and compression test on cyl #1 rest are good enough
Old 12-21-2009, 06:20 PM
I miss my VE

Just a small update. Later today my 3rd gen will officially and legally be drivable! I'm getting the plate tags and city sticker tomorrow Gonna have fun in the snow with this puppy. This thing is a beast in the snow vs the 4th gen
oooo Im telliiinnggg.. Someone drove the 3rd gen to fix some rust somewhere without proper documentation! jk
Old 12-21-2009, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by VEvolution
oooo Im telliiinnggg.. Someone drove the 3rd gen to fix some rust somewhere without proper documentation! jk
lol yea just in case things didnt go as planned... I did insure it the night previous to the long drive for the repair. Unfortunately I got very ill today and didnd get a chance to run ANY of my errands, so thats one more day without my 3rd gen being updated on tags. One of the reasons I did it is because the third gen hides the license plate/sticker so well that I feld safe enough lol... drove next to cops for a while without them even noticing

Brian I'm so sorry, I'm glad to hear its running! If injector is the issue then I can still lend a hand with that

Last edited by ColombianMax; 12-21-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:20 PM

I cant wait to get my 3rd gen back rolling! I am thinking about taking the cone filter off and putting the stock airbox back on. I just love the way the motor sounds and the power, and the overall sporty feel!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:41 PM
I miss my VE

lol yea just in case things didnt go as planned... I did insure it the night previous to the long drive for the repair. Unfortunately I got very ill today and didnd get a chance to run ANY of my errands, so thats one more day without my 3rd gen being updated on tags. One of the reasons I did it is because the third gen hides the license plate/sticker so well that I feld safe enough lol... drove next to cops for a while without them even noticing

Brian I'm so sorry, I'm glad to hear its running! If injector is the issue then I can still lend a hand with that
Wow your gangster man. I did similar things as well lol.. What a rush. Feel better. I got sick the other week for a few days as well. Not fun.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:32 AM
mod or sell?

no apology neccessary, explanation yes. apology no.

today hopefully I'll take her for a spin and test out her tranny
Old 12-22-2009, 06:46 AM

I have a shipment of LEDs coming in and will do a thread on how to install once they arrive.

Originally Posted by ve30max
Old 12-22-2009, 07:59 AM

the third gen hides the license plate/sticker so well that I feld safe enough lol... drove next to cops for a while without them even noticing
lmao i now know i'm not the only one that thinks that, the plate is tucked in so well its hard to see unless youre smack behind
Old 01-11-2010, 02:01 AM

Well, took a little longer than I should've with the plates but finally got them..turns out since I didn't update the plate tags in over a year, I had to repurchase new plates in which I did order vanity ones and I can't say what they were yet. Turns out that in IL in order to get vanity plates you must already have current plates which I didnt so I ended up going back to pick up the difference in payment... oh well, next time when they expire I'll see if its still available. Anyway, car is 100% legal with the exception of the windshield city sticker but thats 10 bucks and I'm getting it later today.

So the GF and I got excited and went outside just a little while ago and started soldering back on the original radio harness which I cut off when I got the car because I couldn't wait an extra day to purchase an aftermarket harness so I wired directly (yes in 2005) . Now I have it OEM style again, just soldered it back and electrical taped all into one thick piece just like it was before I messed with it. Tomorrow I shall pick up an aftermarket harness and install my Premier DEH 860MP or whatever model it is... YAY!! I just might drive my 3rd gen to school tomorrow!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 AM
mod or sell?

Well, took a little longer than I should've with the plates but finally got them..turns out since I didn't update the plate tags in over a year, I had to repurchase new plates in which I did order vanity ones and I can't say what they were yet. Turns out that in IL in order to get vanity plates you must already have current plates which I didnt so I ended up going back to pick up the difference in payment... oh well, next time when they expire I'll see if its still available. Anyway, car is 100% legal with the exception of the windshield city sticker but thats 10 bucks and I'm getting it later today.

So the GF and I got excited and went outside just a little while ago and started soldering back on the original radio harness which I cut off when I got the car because I couldn't wait an extra day to purchase an aftermarket harness so I wired directly (yes in 2005) . Now I have it OEM style again, just soldered it back and electrical taped all into one thick piece just like it was before I messed with it. Tomorrow I shall pick up an aftermarket harness and install my Premier DEH 860MP or whatever model it is... YAY!! I just might drive my 3rd gen to school tomorrow!
you know I have the harnesses and antenna adapter sitting here in the warehouse for the third and 4th gen boseless cars.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:28 PM
I miss my VE

So the GF and I got excited and went outside just a little while ago and started soldering back on the original radio harness which I cut off when I got the car
Now thats what I call a date

Btw, I had the Premier DEH-680MP and loved it.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...H-P680MP?tab=A
Old 01-11-2010, 06:29 PM

Don't know how I never noticed this thread before, but good job on the tower repair and not just giving up on the 3rd gen. Try to be careful with that Premier faceplate, the ribbon cable is usually soldered to the display board on Pioneers and the joints tend to break due to repeated shock over time, so if the display ever starts acting up, that's probably the source.

Last edited by Hectic; 01-11-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:46 PM

Now thats what I call a date

Btw, I had the Premier DEH-680MP and loved it.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...H-P680MP?tab=A
Yessir, it was her idea too She likes the way my 3rd gen drives over the 4th so she was real excited to get it up and ready for the road so she could drive it until I get her 97 SE on the road.

Bla, I'm not into assymentrical designs...mine is nice and symmetrical looking

Here's the one I have in my 3rd gen http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ers/DEH-P860MP

and here's the one in my 4th gen
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ystems/AVIC-D3

Hectic... thanks, I love my third gen and couldn't possibly let that be the end of it. I would love a clean $200 shell like the one someone else posted earlier on another thread. I still have my original Pioneer DEH 2300 from 2000-01 when I had my Honda and it worked perfectly, can't say I've seen this issue on Pioneer/Premier units but thanks for the heads up
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 PM

Figured I'd post in this thread since its related to body work and my 3rd gen.

Been kind of poor lately so can't really buy new injectors and since I worked at the JY, I still get stuff with my "employee" discount. So today I went just to look around for the following things and came out pleasantly surprised and happy

-black plastic pillar by windshield - not a single one available
-front bumper license plate frame - not a single one available
-93-94 injectors - quite a few available to pull
-rust free rocker panels - OMG, something even better!

So tomorrow, I'm going to get some injectors and getting myself TWO MINT quarter panels and rocker panels with ZERO rust and both of them are "Super White" like mine! not that it matters since they probably have to get painted but at least my rust will be taken care of for the most part

I really can't wait to have my third gen looking real clean and rust free as well as driving on all 6 cylinders again. It's only a matter of time!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:23 PM

Wow this place is so dead nowadays, sad to see how it has become rather boring to come back and see no replies on most threads. I remember 5 years ago this place was so active and entertaining. Anyway, here are some picture of whats to go on my car, notice no rust

Nice looking rocker panel and quarter panel

Old 05-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

spelled with an "O" not a "U".
GGGOOODD!! i hate when ppl mess that up.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Banned

the 3rd gen forums are a lil dead.. or maybe it just seems like that to me since im on it all the time and i get inpatient. lol. good luck with that 3rd gen tho man.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:36 PM

Yea I hate when people spell it with a "U" instead.. It's Colombia not British Columbia! Anyway, if you're bored, feel free to look up some of my old threads so you see the crazy **** I've ended up doing with my 3rd gen
Old 05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

alright man. will do. speaking about Colombia.. not British Columbia. lol
or Columbia the space shuttle.. what part of Colombia are you from?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:19 PM

nice find on the rocker panel, I've been keeping my eye out for something even close to rust free to no avail.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:46 PM

You're gona cut that baby out? Last time I brought cutting tools to the junk yard they refused to let me in!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:57 PM
I miss my VE

Whats holding those rockers? Btw, can you pick up that sneaker for me? PM me with price
Old 05-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Banned

hang that shoe on the rear view mirror. lol.
hella mexican
Old 05-12-2010, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Hatmanafro
alright man. will do. speaking about Colombia.. not British Columbia. lol
or Columbia the space shuttle.. what part of Colombia are you from?
Born in Chicago but parents are from Medellin

Originally Posted by Gunther
nice find on the rocker panel, I've been keeping my eye out for something even close to rust free to no avail.
I'm getting both left AND right, just a few rows down there's another white Max with the other side in good condition as well : ) its like sign or something : )

Originally Posted by CMax03
You're gona cut that baby out? Last time I brought cutting tools to the junk yard they refused to let me in!!!!!!
Hell yes, cutting that baby out I used to work there so I'm getting them for free too

Some junk yards dont allow you to bring in certain tools, some do. This one allows you as long as its battery powered and not fuel for some reason...

Whats holding those rockers? Btw, can you pick up that sneaker for me? PM me with price
I dont know, check James92SEs thread for some detailed pics lol
PM me your address and the shoe is yours if its still there when I get the panels lol
Old 05-12-2010, 09:18 PM

I'm getting antsy here!! I want my 3rd gen looking nice by summer

Can't wait to replace this quarter panel

For this one already!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I miss my VE

PM me your address and the shoe is yours if its still there when I get the panels lol
hehe I doubt it's still going to be there. The second you posted those pics up, you made that shoe hot. I wouldn't be surprised if those panels are gone too!

Quick Reply: My 3rd gen is coming alive again!!