3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

How did you install the Exhaust Valve Oil Seals?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Banned

How did you install the Exhaust Valve Oil Seals?

For VG - intake ones were easy they just slip on, but I ruined the set of exhaust ones, when I tried putting them on.

They seem really tight. Is there a trick to it?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:42 AM
No turbo, no care!

Originally Posted by 1993-VG30E-GXE
For VG - intake ones were easy they just slip on, but I ruined the set of exhaust ones, when I tried putting them on.

Seriously what is you deal? This whole engine rebuild is obviously WAY over head; you are starting new question threads with unprecedented rapidity.
Please just leave the whole thing to a professional and quit with all these questions. In the future doing some reading up the next mechanical project you take on (and help some friends who know more about their cars with THEIR repairs) until you are confident enough to tackle your own project with confidence.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Banned

Somebody needs a hug. It's obvious you have no clue what your talking about or you would have answered ding bat - your a wannabe with a chip on his shoulder.

As for the seals they are likely the wrong size so I'm just buying OEM.

Please Maxpwer refrain from responding to my messages. If i'm that much of a threat to you just ignore my posts.

[By the way it does flatter me that you go to the trouble of investigating my past posts (I just noticed it now). I know this website is an outlet for a lot of lonely guys but you need to find someone else for an outlet]

Last edited by 1993-VG30E-GXE; 10-14-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:48 AM
No turbo, no care!

Please relax, this isn’t the maximaIWANNATALKHUGS.org or maximasANDMYPERSONALLIFE.org or even WHOSABETTERMAXIMAMECHANIC.org

Its just cars, and before you call me a wanna be take a look at what ive accomplished. Im not saying I’m somehow better than you either, there was a time I didn’t know how to install a metal oil seal either (just oil them well inside and tap them on, very easy, get a chiltons manual) (And, before you assume “the seals they are likely the wrong size” measure them and make sure you aren’t trying to install the METAL seals on the ehxuast side!)

However I have personally done as much research and hands on experience I can until I feel comfortable on my own projects/cars and that I can solve potential problems that may come up. When I do jump in over my head in a project I don’t harass the org to answer all my questions just because I didn’t bother to do my research before I started.

I guess we will see if you actually admit your mistake, but I feel fairly confident that you are trying to install your intake valve oil seals on the ehxuast side. Since you had an easy time putting the LARGER inner diameter RUBBER EXHAST valve oil seals on the intake side, Im pretty sure your problem now is your are trying to install the SMALLER inner diameter METAL INTAKE oil valve seals on the LARGER DIAMETER exhaust valve stems???

Last edited by Maxpwer; 10-14-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:47 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Somebody needs a hug. It's obvious you have no clue what your talking about or you would have answered ding bat - your a wannabe with a chip on his shoulder.

As for the seals they are likely the wrong size so I'm just buying OEM.

Please Maxpwer refrain from responding to my messages. If i'm that much of a threat to you just ignore my posts.

[By the way it does flatter me that you go to the trouble of investigating my past posts (I just noticed it now). I know this website is an outlet for a lot of lonely guys but you need to find someone else for an outlet]
i'm going to say this one time...
AT NO TIME YOU CAN REQUEST SOMEONE TO REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO YOUR THREADS!! THIS IS A INTERNET FORUM WITH TONS OF READERS!!!

with that said i have come to the conclusion you don't have a clue what you're doing that's why i have fully given up on giving you any additional information since everything that's given to you you just throw out or question.

for the rest of the forum....it's your choice if you want to reply go ahead but please be aware that you will end up frustrating yourself because he thinks he know what he's doing and that's the wrong way to approach someone for help.

1993-VG30E-GXE - you're on thin ice my friend. don't say that you were banned without reason...and no the guys here don't need a hug due to your inability to work on your car. just because the members are frustrated doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. remember...YOU need help...we don't.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by Maxpwer
Seriously what is you deal? This whole engine rebuild is obviously WAY over head; you are starting new question threads with unprecedented rapidity.
Please just leave the whole thing to a professional and quit with all these questions. In the future doing some reading up the next mechanical project you take on (and help some friends who know more about their cars with THEIR repairs) until you are confident enough to tackle your own project with confidence.
I think it is odd, there are a few people who have mentioned this before, offered similar results, and 1993's first response is "f*ck you!"

and it doesn't take a rocket scientist, or a super sleuth to recognize the fact that the first page is littered with dozens of posts by the same person...
Old 10-14-2009, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Maxpwer
Please relax, this isn’t the maximaIWANNATALKHUGS.org or maximasANDMYPERSONALLIFE.org or even WHOSABETTERMAXIMAMECHANIC.org

Its just cars, and before you call me a wanna be take a look at what ive accomplished. Im not saying I’m somehow better than you either, there was a time I didn’t know how to install a metal oil seal either (just oil them well inside and tap them on, very easy, get a chiltons manual) (And, before you assume “the seals they are likely the wrong size” measure them and make sure you aren’t trying to install the METAL seals on the ehxuast side!)

However I have personally done as much research and hands on experience I can until I feel comfortable on my own projects/cars and that I can solve potential problems that may come up. When I do jump in over my head in a project I don’t harass the org to answer all my questions just because I didn’t bother to do my research before I started.

I guess we will see if you actually admit your mistake, but I feel fairly confident that you are trying to install your intake valve oil seals on the ehxuast side. Since you had an easy time putting the LARGER inner diameter RUBBER EXHAST valve oil seals on the intake side, Im pretty sure your problem now is your are trying to install the SMALLER inner diameter METAL INTAKE oil valve seals on the LARGER DIAMETER exhaust valve stems???

Originally Posted by DanNY
i'm going to say this one time...
AT NO TIME YOU CAN REQUEST SOMEONE TO REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO YOUR THREADS!! THIS IS A INTERNET FORUM WITH TONS OF READERS!!!

with that said i have come to the conclusion you don't have a clue what you're doing that's why i have fully given up on giving you any additional information since everything that's given to you you just throw out or question.

for the rest of the forum....it's your choice if you want to reply go ahead but please be aware that you will end up frustrating yourself because he thinks he know what he's doing and that's the wrong way to approach someone for help.

1993-VG30E-GXE - you're on thin ice my friend. don't say that you were banned without reason...and no the guys here don't need a hug due to your inability to work on your car. just because the members are frustrated doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. remember...YOU need help...we don't.

Your questions and posts seem to be coming at random, first your asking is it ok to put the belts on the motor prior to install, but now your ask about oil seal thats about 20 steps befor you can even think aboiut the belts.

dude seriously you should have started one rebuild thread. asked your questions and get the answers and continue to post to that one thread.

the seals are easy to install with a little lub. i believe that either you have the things reversed OR you did not get the seals for both the int and exhaust.

also if someone has a comment as to your ability to work on your engine (to which many have questioned) do not reply with your little you need a hug, or some woke up on the wrong side of the garage comments, either A show them you know what your talking about and prove that you may have a real problem or just blow them off and wait for the next posts.

you where band not very long ago, this post is working you right back at lightspeed. KNOCK IT OFF!

NEXT QUESTION?
Old 10-14-2009, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by 300zmax

Your questions and posts seem to be coming at random, first your asking is it ok to put the belts on the motor prior to install, but now your ask about oil seal thats about 20 steps befor you can even think aboiut the belts.

dude seriously you should have started one rebuild thread. asked your questions and get the answers and continue to post to that one thread.

the seals are easy to install with a little lub. i believe that either you have the things reversed OR you did not get the seals for both the int and exhaust.

also if someone has a comment as to your ability to work on your engine (to which many have questioned) do not reply with your little you need a hug, or some woke up on the wrong side of the garage comments, either A show them you know what your talking about and prove that you may have a real problem or just blow them off and wait for the next posts.

you where band not very long ago, this post is working you right back at lightspeed. KNOCK IT OFF!

NEXT QUESTION?
I've got to admit it is getting kind of annoying with all the threads you are starting. they would all be relevant if posted under a single motor rebuild thread.
If you have a mechanic friend/are familiar shop see if you can sit in/be a part of them rebuilding the engine for you.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Banned

You guys got to find something else to complain about. I myself am not the cause for your disgruntled attitude (what is it? Your proletariat working conditions? Because i'm a speculator you want to blame all your problems on me? Markets been moving higher and you feel left out?, and nobodys opinion (including mine) on this website or anywhere is of much importance in the grand scheme of things.

Now dan, if you want to ban me because you don't like the way I work on my car, or you don't like the way I make people feel like ants AFTER they've insulted my intellegence and manhood, then I think you answered your own question for yourself.

The funny thing is, the do-it-yourselfers in the 3rd gen forum that have some problem with me, all bring it upon themselves - it's like shooting yourself in the foot. You post erratic comments about me (Maxpower for example) then you complain about it afterwards. If you act like a little kid, I will call you on it.

He who insults first be prepared to get it...and in fact each person who begins the insult should be banned Dan, not me. Your doing precisely the opposite of what you are here for.

Like really, why do any of you really care about how many messages someone posts - if you don't like it, don't read it, if I bother you, just ignore me. And didn't you guys say it's a message board?

What boggles me, if your so confident with your abilities, then why on earth are some of you on here wasting your time. Shouldn't you be out doing something else if learners bother you?

I think you have to ask yourselves why your here. And this message is only for a few of you, you know EXACTLY who you are. If your asking yourself is it me and thinking about it? It probably is.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BenStoked
I think it is odd, there are a few people who have mentioned this before, offered similar results, and 1993's first response is "f*ck you!"

and it doesn't take a rocket scientist, or a super sleuth to recognize the fact that the first page is littered with dozens of posts by the same person...
Ben I would like you to reproduce where I said "f you". "offered similar results" - what does this mean? Is it another way of saying insulting me? If it is, then yes, I will make you feel small - as I have done to you many times for you taking your frustrations out on me.

In fact, you rarely offer any useful advice to my posts. In fact each person who complains in this thread rarely offers much but complaining. I think you need to look at yourself in the mirror and really ask yourself why I bother you. You may in fact learn something from it. Dan for example started off OK, but then went bezerk one week - maybe it was when he made that error about the oil pan screws...it broke him.

Last edited by 1993-VG30E-GXE; 10-14-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

i'll just leave this here

Old 10-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DanNY
just because the members are frustrated doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. remember...YOU need help...we don't.
See there's your error Dan - you assume that I think people don't know what they are doing. You also assume that I don't follow peoples suggestions. How on earth do you know what I'm doing once I log off from here. And take a look at your thinking WE don't. You act like you speak for a group or need the approval of a group.

When I was young I stole a book from the library called Mein Kampf, I suggest you read it. I learned one useful thing from this book, and that is, the strongest man stands alone. Just think about it before you click to ban someone and ask yourself why your banning him.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

See there's your error Dan - you assume that I think people don't know what they are doing. You also assume that I don't follow peoples suggestions. How on earth do you know what I'm doing once I log off from here. And take a look at your thinking WE don't. You act like you speak for a group or need the approval of a group.

When I was young I stole a book from the library called Mein Kampf, I suggest you read it. I learned one useful thing from this book, and that is, the strongest man stands alone. Just think about it before you click to ban someone and ask yourself why your banning him.
and there's YOUR error. you ASSUME that you know what Dan is thinking. You're just an incompetent wannabe mechanic whose car probably won't ever run again as much crap as you seem to f*ck up all the time, asking stupid questions whose answers are easily found elsewhere then arguing about the answers like you think you're the sh*t or something. YOU need a hug, or a life, or a girlfriend, or something. I would say "go buy a Civic" except I bought one yesterday so I'm not gonna dis myself on your behalf

I have a feeling my Z is gonna be running before your Max is. If it ever does. And then after that, I bet mine'll run better. Just sayin'. Doubt anyone here will try to refute my boast.

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 10-14-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Banned

See caped - there you go again - setting yourself up to feel small again. You start with another childish insult. I'm really beginning to wonder if some of you are men yet.

Some people just don't learn do they.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

See caped - there you go again - setting yourself up to feel small again. You start with another childish insult. I'm really beginning to wonder if some of you are men yet.

Some people just don't learn do they.
ntrly

I question your ability to work on a car competently

you "take the high road" and question whether my ***** have dropped? honestly dude?

if you were even half as smart as you seem to think you are, you wouldn't be asking these questions then arguing about it, would you? At least Burhan has gotten smarter over the past year or so. The stuff he posts nowadays makes sense. You seem to have gotten worse.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:56 PM

Can't we all just, downshift a gear.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Banned

Kid.

That's all I have to say - this thread is done, I'm done with it too.

P.S. What do I have to do with Burhan - there you go again, trying to seek someone elses approval. Learn my friend then come back to me.
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by Darkwing48
Can't we all just, downshift a gear.
he has an automatic
Banned

Beleive me Darkwing this thread is done - I'm done with it. But if someone acts like a bratty kid, I feel like I need to spank him. I'll just stop though.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Kid.

That's all I have to say - this thread is done, I'm done with it too.

P.S. What do I have to do with Burhan - there you go again, trying to seek someone elses approval. Learn my friend then come back to me.
sweet. now go crash your car into a tree and have a wrecker take it where it belongs.

then go buy an integra type-R jdm special.

answer me this tho.... of all the 100 or so people that are in the 3rd gen section... why are you the ONLY one that makes an absurd number of threads about small crap? why are you the only one that actually insults the gurus? have you even SEEN maxpowr's car? danny's car? matt93se's car? you'd probably jizz yourself if you did. then you might realize that they actually know what the hell they are talking about, and that you are a peon compared to them. or anyone, really.

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 10-14-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

I don't see why everybody is so hard on this guy. I mean, if people didn't make threads when they were unsure about something then this forum would have no threads at all. I think we can all attest to how utterly useless the search function is, so bashing/assuming somebody didn't search because they asked a question is kind of premature.

Really, this is kind of looking like a Honda forum wherein people get bashed for asking questions. It's not like the guy is asking "where can I buy altezzas?" over and over. He's asking specific questions related to his project when he's unsure of something, and aren't we all unsure/unclear about specific things our "first time"? Even when following the FSM or a Chilton's - when doing something for the first time with no hands-on mentor, it's understandable to have questions. So, if he didn't ask his questions here, where would he? I mean, this IS a Maxima forum. Isn't that what the whole point of the forum is?

And he kind of has a point - if you don't want to help, just don't reply and his thread will die, but there's no need to bash the guy IMO
Old 10-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by James92SE
I don't see why everybody is so hard on this guy. I mean, if people didn't make threads when they were unsure about something then this forum would have no threads at all. I think we can all attest to how utterly useless the search function is, so bashing/assuming somebody didn't search because they asked a question is kind of premature.

Really, this is kind of looking like a Honda forum wherein people get bashed for asking questions. It's not like the guy is asking "where can I buy altezzas?" over and over. He's asking specific questions related to his project when he's unsure of something, and aren't we all unsure/unclear about specific things our "first time"? Even when following the FSM or a Chilton's - when doing something for the first time with no hands-on mentor, it's understandable to have questions. So, if he didn't ask his questions here, where would he? I mean, this IS a Maxima forum. Isn't that what the whole point of the forum is?

And he kind of has a point - if you don't want to help, just don't reply and his thread will die, but there's no need to bash the guy IMO
there's a difference between asking lots of questions, and what this guy does.

a) for his engine build, he ought to have made one thread, and just bump it as necessary
b) every time someone suggests a legitimate solution to him, he gets all defensive and starts insulting people and other various BS that is his vain attempt at making people feel insecure about their own automotive repair skills.
c) he takes on tasks that are far far far far far beyond his realm of capabilities. My Z project is ambitious, but there's no aspect of it that I cannot handle myself. It's just a matter of money for parts, and the weather. For him, it's a matter of "oh sh*t... i got this all torn apart now i don't know what to do!!!"

trust me - if the site ADMIN, as well as a member-since-founding MODERATOR are heckling him.. he deserves it.

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 10-14-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:42 PM
STFU n00b!

Don't worry. problem has been solved.