3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Any Tips on How To Separate Intake Manifold VG

Old 08-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Banned

Any Tips on How To Separate Intake Manifold VG

I can't seem to pull the intake manifold up apart from the cylinder heads. Since i'm removing the heads anyways, once I remove the head bolts, will the whole assembly LH & RH heads with intake lift straight up or will the key thing for the head gasket prevent me from lifting it up as a whole assembly.

I figure if I lift the whole thing up as an assembly, I can easily separate them off the block.

I've been chiseling the bottom of the intake manifold with an iron chisel and iron mallet, and it is budging, I see it move slightly.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 PM

Are you sure you've removed all the IM bolts up top first? You have to remove the plenum first, then the trumpet adapter plate, then the lower IM which is attached to the heads via studs and bolts....GL read that book man!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Banned

pics in rocker shaft bolts post
Old 08-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Banned

Firgured it out Cmax, it's one of the studs, they are preventing it from coming out. Carbide burr time.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by 1993-VG30E-GXE
Firgured it out Cmax, it's one of the studs, they are preventing it from coming out. Carbide burr time.
what? carbide burr. speak english mang!

pb blast and a rubber malot will help lift the manfold. take your time the tolerences are TIGHT!. slowly work it free by tapping both sides of the manifolt to free it.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

carbide burr to do what? port the IM?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by 300zmax
what? carbide burr. speak english mang!

pb blast and a rubber malot will help lift the manfold. take your time the tolerences are TIGHT!. slowly work it free by tapping both sides of the manifolt to free it.
carbide burr...you don't know what that is? his english is perfectly fine.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY
carbide burr...you don't know what that is? his english is perfectly fine.
yeh i know what he ment i just dont understand why you need that to lift a manifold, or am i missing that he got it off already amd is now on to porting. i prefer the sand paper type. little more forgiving
Old 08-14-2009, 05:08 PM

Be careful don't grind it down to the oil pan!!! LoL!
Old 08-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Banned

I'm just zapping it with the MIG instead. Weld hex nuts to the stud then remove. Same with the exhaust manifold studs, a bunch of them are stuck still.

300z, I need to dismantle every single part for an overhaul. It all needs to be inspected.

Anyone have a tip to remove that crankshaft timing belt sprocket? I see that thin plate behind it, but hesitant to pry it in between.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

wait.... you shouldn't have to resort to voilence to get it off. once you get the nuts off it should slide right off...... pics of the offending stud?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:04 PM

Hell I've been called that many times...offending stud!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Banned

No pics caped - it's just a stud though - one of the 4 that go into the heads and through the intake manifold. They all gotta come out anyhow so i'll hook up the MIG tommorow.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

No pics caped - it's just a stud though - one of the 4 that go into the heads and through the intake manifold. They all gotta come out anyhow so i'll hook up the MIG tommorow.
yea but...... what i wanna know is how the stud is keeping the thing from coming off? once the nuts are off it should come right out, assuming you unhooked all the coolant lines and whatnot.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

omfg...put down the welder.

just screw two nuts on the stud so they are tight and then. loosen by turning the lower one.

at no time a MIG welder should contact that area. it's all aluminum and the MIG slag will melt or stick steel on the alum which is not good either.

please use the right tool for the job. just because you HAVE the tool doesn't mean you NEED to use it.

choice b is a stud remover.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

yeh i know what he ment i just dont understand why you need that to lift a manifold, or am i missing that he got it off already amd is now on to porting. i prefer the sand paper type. little more forgiving
ok so he's speaking english but you don't understand what is he using the burr for...got it.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I'm just zapping it with the MIG instead. Weld hex nuts to the stud then remove. Same with the exhaust manifold studs, a bunch of them are stuck still.

300z, I need to dismantle every single part for an overhaul. It all needs to be inspected.

Anyone have a tip to remove that crankshaft timing belt sprocket? I see that thin plate behind it, but hesitant to pry it in between.
get a new pulley and a washer.
there's two holes on it where you can thread a puller and pull it out.
the other alternative is to use a gear puller.
for me i had to cut the gear and crack it in half to get it out.

i'm sure you'll use the MIG for this one too...right?
Old 08-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Banned

Too late
Old 08-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Banned

Re: The Sprocket

If using the gear puller though - why should I replace it?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

you don't have to replace the sprocket.......... as long as you can remove yours without having to cut it in half like DanNY did.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Banned

Caped - how on earth did you get that sprocket off? There aren't 2 holes on mine like Dan says to thread anything.

Hopefully I can get this thing off today.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Banned

Thank god I don't have to deal with that thing. Got it off. I roasted it like a chestnut then wiped it with BBQ sauce (Loctite Solvo-Rust).
Old 08-15-2009, 06:34 PM

OK so he's speaking English but you don't understand what is he using the burr for...got it.
no i don't know what hes using it for. i thought he was still trying to lift the manifold. i have no clue why a he would be using that at this stage of dismantling the engine.

I've pull 3 VG intake manifolds and had a pita of a time pulling the bottom each time, but with patience and a rubber mallet they came out with out resorting to any grind so yeah confused. enlighten me plz
Old 08-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Caped - how on earth did you get that sprocket off? There aren't 2 holes on mine like Dan says to thread anything.

Hopefully I can get this thing off today.
it just slid right off
Old 08-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Banned

Acetylene
Old 08-17-2009, 04:36 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Acetylene
i notice you like to over kill on everything.
the crank snout is really weak so personally really wanted to avoid adding heat and shock...but it's your engine so good luck.

so i'm going to stop giving you any advice because you don't even listen to any of it...and it's not just my advice but it seems like everyone's.

good luck
Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 AM

the crank snout is really weak so personally really wanted to avoid adding heat and shock...but it's your engine so good luck.

so i'm going to stop giving you any advice because you don't even listen to any of it...and it's not just my advice but it seems like everyone's.

good luck
on the note of weak crank snouts...

That's about what you can hope for by adding heat and undo force to the thing....
Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Banned

good luck
Maybe for you, you think it's overkill, but for me it's just fine. Heat and welding is a normal thing around engine work. As for the MIG, I don't know what you are talking about with the risk of stuff flying all over. Plus I covered those ports. The heat wasn't even that extreme and it worked great to get 9 nasty studs out in total.

I'm checking all this with my 'instructor' too. My buddy who's making up for some of the tools I don't have was a commercial engine builder for years, building grossly expensive race car engines (god knows how many) for competition around the world. So I do check a second opinion too. Now he's a TIG welder.

So Dan, I do value alot of your advice, and follow a lot of advice from people on this site and you, but for some stuff I also go with my own gut instinct because for me it seems the better way to get through at the time (I even discard Kevin's advice too, at times and do it my way)...less driving around wasting extra days to get more tools or waiting for responses, and so far it's worked every time. There's no one single way to do something when it comes to this car stuff...in my opinion.

For example, for those intake studs I'm taking matt's opinion/advice on that thread and I won't be using generic metric studs for those (which was my original plan), so i'll pay the expensive price for those. So point is, don't take anything personal.

Last edited by 1993-VG30E-GXE; 08-17-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:13 AM

Getting it done faster is not always the best way.

The guys here know cars, and even better is they know Maxima's inside and out, every engines different. I hope you don't run into trouble when you're putting this thing back together, or running it.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:13 PM

Maybe for you, you think it's overkill, but for me it's just fine. Heat and welding is a normal thing around engine work. As for the MIG, I don't know what you are talking about with the risk of stuff flying all over. Plus I covered those ports. The heat wasn't even that extreme and it worked great to get 9 nasty studs out in total.

I'm checking all this with my 'instructor' too. My buddy who's making up for some of the tools I don't have was a commercial engine builder for years, building grossly expensive race car engines (god knows how many) for competition around the world. So I do check a second opinion too. Now he's a TIG welder.

So Dan, I do value alot of your advice, and follow a lot of advice from people on this site and you, but for some stuff I also go with my own gut instinct because for me it seems the better way to get through at the time (I even discard Kevin's advice too, at times and do it my way)...less driving around wasting extra days to get more tools or waiting for responses, and so far it's worked every time. There's no one single way to do something when it comes to this car stuff...in my opinion.

For example, for those intake studs I'm taking matt's opinion/advice on that thread and I won't be using generic metric studs for those (which was my original plan), so i'll pay the expensive price for those. So point is, don't take anything personal.
i dont know why you bothered with the intake studs. they almost never see any wear/stress to warrent replacement. most of the engine shops i know and have told me that most of the studs on an engine almost never need replacing unless they have seen an over heating, or are noticeably f'd.

take your time. instructors don't always know best. and i would not have been welding anything to get bolts out. all you need is two nuts. put both on the bolt and turn the bottom nut. works fine and no special tools needed.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

it's your car...do what you want to do. i'm done giving you any advice. you come here and ask a question.
members gives you feedback and advice...you then reject all the advice given and take a chain saw to undo your oil filter.

i don't take it personal...i've done what you're doing but you like to do it your way then so be it nothing i can do.

so once again i'm done with your posts. i'll read but will not offer any advice or information to help you what so ever.
good luck
Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Banned

Cool bud - no hard feelings.

I don't reject ALL the advice given, your just choosing to see it that way, and you've taken it personally, because I'm probably the only person on this board that has challenged you and the other moderators, and you don't like that. Many times I find flaws in the ways of peoples thinking, regardless of how much experience they have. (I should probably just keep this info to myself though - as I do for most things) For me, I factor in a lot of information in the thought process, possibly I see details that most people don't see or don't think of, REGARDLESS of how much experience they have. In other words, i'm always learning.

My buddy Kevin has far more experience than almost anyone I've come across on this forum. He was an actual machinist....not just a mechanic...in fact these machinist guys are a bit strange, they kind of look down on general mechanic work?

He told me what kind of stuff goes on behind closed doors in the automotive world, and you'd be surprised how durable some of this stuff is and what companies do to your stuff. That said, even he when I met him a yr or two ago, used to take it personally when I gave him an alternate view of how to do something I asked him about, but after awhile once he got to know me, he didn't care and would even admit that my way would work too. He's a really funny guy and to this day is still trying to compete with with me even with our fishing gear because he has a thousand dollar outfit and mine costs 50 bucks. (I will ultimately upgrade it if I ever finish this Maxima) It's all good though, I never take anything personal. As well he likes to spy on my fly casting telling me im doing it wrong do it like this like that etc...but he's right so I follow.

Let's take Matt for example - he knows a ton on the Maxima and probably other cars too. I can find instances where I've asked him and the forum something and he's been dead wrong. My broken drive axle was a perfect example. I could have spent tons of money dong the whole transverse link thing like he said and it would of got me nowhere. He said no way could it be the drive axle. In fact everyone on the forum said it won't be the drive axle because the drive axle makes a clicking sound. All Wrong. I went with my gut, and it paid off nicely.

I don't think i'm a know it all, and I have many flaws too, just as you do, and just as anyone on this board does. So don't be surprised when your wrong, because you will be wrong at times, just like i'll be wrong.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned

i dont know why you bothered with the intake studs. they almost never see any wear/stress to warrent replacement. most of the engine shops i know and have told me that most of the studs on an engine almost never need replacing unless they have seen an over heating
Believe me, if you saw mine you would have replaced them. I'll try to find them on the driveway somewhere and take a photo, but they probably were swept in the garbage by now. One of them broke, one of them stripped. 2 down? I'll replace all.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gunther
Getting it done faster is not always the best way.

The guys here know cars, and even better is they know Maxima's inside and out, every engines different. I hope you don't run into trouble when you're putting this thing back together, or running it.
But getting it done faster, cheaper, and better is the best way. And yes, i'm now one of those guys who knows cars. I may not know as much as another guy, but just like everything in life, there will ALWAYS be someone who knows more than you.

I hope I don't run into trouble either putting it back together, but then again if I do no big deal, it's not the end of the world, it's just a car.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:29 PM

Believe me, if you saw mine you would have replaced them. I'll try to find them on the driveway somewhere and take a photo, but they probably were swept in the garbage by now. One of them broke, one of them stripped. 2 down? I'll replace all.
if you say so, remember forum threads rely on picture. take lots of them. in the end it will help not only us give you the info you need but it will benifite you the most in the long run.

i live in a family of engineers, machinests, and techs. you should here the arguments we have. but you need to remember even they dont know everything and alot can be confused and disputed for months. i have been a member to a dozen forums and none of them compare to the quality of knowlege this one has. some people may get stuff wrong but you have to remember step one of diagnoses is understand what the customer is saying no matter how liitle that person knows. they could tell you the engine is making a banging sound but they have no clue where the engine is ( long but true story), we can only tell you want you need to know based on what you tell us.

take you time slow down have a beer
good luck
Old 08-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Cool bud - no hard feelings.

I don't reject ALL the advice given, your just choosing to see it that way, and you've taken it personally, because I'm probably the only person on this board that has challenged you and the other moderators, and you don't like that. Many times I find flaws in the ways of peoples thinking, regardless of how much experience they have. (I should probably just keep this info to myself though - as I do for most things) For me, I factor in a lot of information in the thought process, possibly I see details that most people don't see or don't think of, REGARDLESS of how much experience they have. In other words, i'm always learning.
well i don't think it's just me that sees it that way...i'm sure others will agree here. carbide burr? welding? heating part?
seriously...i don't give a "eff" if you challenge me...i don't care...you really don't matter that much to me. i'll give you some advice and i'll either answer and try to help or i will skip (i'm skipping yours). don't think so highly of yourself. why are you turning this discussion to me? i don't have an engine to take apart..you do. of course you can see it more IN PERSON than someone that's talking to you over the web w/o a single picture to go by...i think every person that's reading your thread can safely say that.

My buddy Kevin has far more experience than almost anyone I've come across on this forum. He was an actual machinist....not just a mechanic...in fact these machinist guys are a bit strange, they kind of look down on general mechanic work?
that's great...why are you asking us all these questions? ask your buddy kevin...he can give you all the info you need. stop wasting our time!!!!

He told me what kind of stuff goes on behind closed doors in the automotive world, and you'd be surprised how durable some of this stuff is and what companies do to your stuff. That said, even he when I met him a yr or two ago, used to take it personally when I gave him an alternate view of how to do something I asked him about, but after awhile once he got to know me, he didn't care and would even admit that my way would work too. He's a really funny guy and to this day is still trying to compete with with me even with our fishing gear because he has a thousand dollar outfit and mine costs 50 bucks. (I will ultimately upgrade it if I ever finish this Maxima) It's all good though, I never take anything personal. As well he likes to spy on my fly casting telling me im doing it wrong do it like this like that etc...but he's right so I follow.
oh yes that underground world of working on cars.
again...extra bs that we don't need to go. great you fish.
if you want i can send you a busted snout on the crank...just in case you don't believe me and i'm "wrong"

Let's take Matt for example - he knows a ton on the Maxima and probably other cars too. I can find instances where I've asked him and the forum something and he's been dead wrong. My broken drive axle was a perfect example. I could have spent tons of money dong the whole transverse link thing like he said and it would of got me nowhere. He said no way could it be the drive axle. In fact everyone on the forum said it won't be the drive axle because the drive axle makes a clicking sound. All Wrong. I went with my gut, and it paid off nicely.
stop pushing your BS on to others. Matt has nothing to do with this discussion. matt is not standing next to you look at your car. he can only give you an educated guess...if you give us a bad description on your problem then we'll give you a bad answer. garbage in = garbage out.

I don't think i'm a know it all, and I have many flaws too, just as you do, and just as anyone on this board does. So don't be surprised when your wrong, because you will be wrong at times, just like i'll be wrong.
why is it about me? again throwing others (me) in there for added BS? we're talking about you...not me. i know when i'm wrong and i will say that i'm wrong and person that got me will get my apology. i don't have an engine to work on you do...i'm perfectly fine with my car.

i'm not responding to your BS help threads and it seems like it's not sitting right with you that's why the long winded responses and throwing in others. like you said...i'm not perfect and it appears that my advice and info is not good enough for you so why don't you stop wasting everyone's time and just ask your great buddy kevin since he's your go to guy.

STOP THE BS. NO MORE BS RESPONSES...LET'S GO BACK ON TOPIC OR IT'S LOCK TIME.

Last edited by DanNY; 08-17-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

if you say so, remember forum threads rely on picture. take lots of them. in the end it will help not only us give you the info you need but it will benifite you the most in the long run.

i live in a family of engineers, machinests, and techs. you should here the arguments we have. but you need to remember even they dont know everything and alot can be confused and disputed for months. i have been a member to a dozen forums and none of them compare to the quality of knowlege this one has. some people may get stuff wrong but you have to remember step one of diagnoses is understand what the customer is saying no matter how liitle that person knows. they could tell you the engine is making a banging sound but they have no clue where the engine is ( long but true story), we can only tell you want you need to know based on what you tell us.

take you time slow down have a beer
good luck
OK I'll post pictures of the pistons and valves. The view from the bottom of the head is peculiar, I see some discoloration like burn marks. As well, the head bolt at position PISTON #5 was covered in black sludge when I removed it.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Banned

well i don't think it's just me that sees it that way...i'm sure others will agree here. carbide burr? welding? heating part?
seriously...i don't give a "eff" if you challenge me...i don't care...you really don't matter that much to me. i'll give you some advice and i'll either answer and try to help or i will skip (i'm skipping yours). don't think so highly of yourself. why are you turning this discussion to me? i don't have an engine to take apart..you do. of course you can see it more IN PERSON than someone that's talking to you over the web w/o a single picture to go by...i think every person that's reading your thread can safely say that.

that's great...why are you asking us all these questions? ask your buddy kevin...he can give you all the info you need. stop wasting our time!!!!

oh yes that underground world of working on cars.
again...extra bs that we don't need to go. great you fish.
if you want i can send you a busted snout on the crank...just in case you don't believe me and i'm "wrong"

stop pushing your BS on to others. Matt has nothing to do with this discussion. matt is not standing next to you look at your car. he can only give you an educated guess...if you give us a bad description on your problem then we'll give you a bad answer. garbage in = garbage out.

why is it about me? again throwing others (me) in there for added BS? we're talking about you...not me. i know when i'm wrong and i will say that i'm wrong and person that got me will get my apology. i don't have an engine to work on you do...i'm perfectly fine with my car.

i'm not responding to your BS help threads and it seems like it's not sitting right with you that's why the long winded responses and throwing in others. like you said...i'm not perfect and it appears that my advice and info is not good enough for you so why don't you stop wasting everyone's time and just ask your great buddy kevin since he's your go to guy.

STOP THE BS. NO MORE BS RESPONSES...LET'S GO BACK ON TOPIC OR IT'S LOCK TIME.
Your taking this personally again. Dan, I said I didn't mean it to be an insult to you. But banning someone or locking them is the weak mans way of winning or making a problem go away. Matt used to ban me before for example, because he didn't like my responses or questions...but surely, I can say, winning in that fashion is not the way you want to live your life. Why can't I bring up Matt? This is a discussion board and we are discussing. I don't think theirs anything wrong with this. I'm not saying anything bad. In fact alot of his posts have helped me in the past, just as yours have.

>well i don't think it's just me that sees it that way...i'm sure others will >agree here

Why do you care what others think? Do their opinions really matter? Does anyones? Does Mine?

Carbide Burrs are an abrasive. They are nothing really. No big deal. They are used regularly to grind the heads off of fasteners for removal. Heat is used to loosen parts. It works. If you have the right tools and use it right, it likely won't do damage. MIG can be used to weld a nut to a stud to back it out. It works. I learnt this from the Sri Lankan garage in Scarborough. These are all regular practice in the automotive garage.

>why are you turning this discussion to me?

Because, your taking my posts personally, and I wanted to find out why and why they bother you. Nothing more. Don't want to pester you. Just discussion, as this is a discussion forum.

>why are you asking us all these questions? ask your buddy kevin...he can >give you all the info you need. stop wasting our time!!!!

Because this is an enthusiasts forum and you should LIKE to talk about car repairs and the maxima. Out of respect I don't like to bother Kevin too much with automotive questions. When someone does it for work day in and day out, I don't think they enjoy talking about it 24/7 unless they TRULY love it, but he wanted out of the auto industry himself, it's not really a hobby for himself. Guys on this website are (hopefully) into it as a hobby, so it's all shop talk. I can ask anything I want if it's not in the search engine. And like you said, you can always ignore my questions.

"Our Time" - who are you - the ring leader? I should call this the Maxima Cult

"why is it about me? again throwing others (me) in there for added BS?"

Because all of a sudden you have started taking my questions and responses personally. Not sure why. I brought up Matt's name because he too was like this, although he stopped recently.

Once again, no ill feelings towards anyone on this board and yes, i'll get back on track and create a new thread once I have a closeup of the valves, so others can see the burn marks i've found...and as you said, you can ignore those posts from now on.

Have a good summer Buddy!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:32 PM

OK I'll post pictures of the pistons and valves. The view from the bottom of the head is peculiar, I see some discoloration like burn marks. As well, the head bolt at position PISTON #5 was covered in black sludge when I removed it.
well that is normal from the way you discribe it. looking forward to the pictures.

Your taking this personally again. Dan, I said I didn't mean it to be an insult to you. But banning someone or locking them is the weak mans way of winning or making a problem go away. Matt used to ban me before for example, because he didn't like my responses or questions...but surely, I can say, winning in that fashion is not the way you want to live your life. Why can't I bring up Matt? This is a discussion board and we are discussing. I don't think theirs anything wrong with this. I'm not saying anything bad. In fact alot of his posts have helped me in the past, just as yours have.

>well i don't think it's just me that sees it that way...i'm sure others will >agree here

Why do you care what others think? Do their opinions really matter? Does anyones? Does Mine?

Carbide Burrs are an abrasive. They are nothing really. No big deal. They are used regularly to grind the heads off of fasteners for removal. Heat is used to loosen parts. It works. If you have the right tools and use it right, it likely won't do damage. MIG can be used to weld a nut to a stud to back it out. It works. I learnt this from the Sri Lankan garage in Scarborough. These are all regular practice in the automotive garage.

>why are you turning this discussion to me?

Because, your taking my posts personally, and I wanted to find out why and why they bother you. Nothing more. Don't want to pester you. Just discussion, as this is a discussion forum.

>why are you asking us all these questions? ask your buddy kevin...he can >give you all the info you need. stop wasting our time!!!!

Because this is an enthusiasts forum and you should LIKE to talk about car repairs and the maxima. Out of respect I don't like to bother Kevin too much with automotive questions. When someone does it for work day in and day out, I don't think they enjoy talking about it 24/7 unless they TRULY love it, but he wanted out of the auto industry himself, it's not really a hobby for himself. Guys on this website are (hopefully) into it as a hobby, so it's all shop talk. I can ask anything I want if it's not in the search engine. And like you said, you can always ignore my questions.

"Our Time" - who are you - the ring leader? I should call this the Maxima Cult

"why is it about me? again throwing others (me) in there for added BS?"

Because all of a sudden you have started taking my questions and responses personally. Not sure why. I brought up Matt's name because he too was like this, although he stopped recently.

Once again, no ill feelings towards anyone on this board and yes, i'll get back on track and create a new thread once I have a closeup of the valves, so others can see the burn marks i've found...and as you said, you can ignore those posts from now on.

Have a good summer Buddy!
i only read 2 of the paragraphs before i got a migrain, look lets stop and agree to disagree, and get back on with the post. i think its time for a new one because the intake manifold is off now. i suggest starting a new one labled VG rebuild or what ever. and lots of pictures. grab the camara and shoot away.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Banned

OK - i'll stop, I swear it.

I just took more photos outside so i'll start transfering them after I eat and upload late tonight. Head gasket didn't look that bad actually.