3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

So just how rare was the GXE auto climate control?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 11:25 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

So just how rare was the GXE auto climate control?

I only ask because there's 5 GXE's at my local junkyard with auto climate control. Are they really not that rare then? I grabbed the nicest one but I couldn't remember off hand what all else I needed so I ended up just getting the unit itself and that tube deal with the temp sensor. I'll have to go back and get all that other crap I guess
Old 06-18-2009, 01:45 PM

I don't know how rare it is, but I've seen 3 out of 5 having it including my own.

I gotta check the new 3rd that just recently appeared down my street and see what it has
Old 06-18-2009, 02:58 PM

its pretty rare. i mean my gxe has it and i have about 5 other replacement units in my shed but usually when i go to the junkyard i usually find 2 out of the 15-20 maximas that are junked. so yeah i would say its pretty rare. here you go: http://www.geocities.com/craigbrace/ this is from Craigs old maxima. amazingly its still up but there you will find all the parts necessary for the swap.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:32 PM

Yeah, I looked up Craig's page when I got home. I can't believe how much crap it requires. Frankly, I think I may just be too lazy to go back and dig all that stuff out but we'll see. I think the auto climate control would be a nice touch in my new VE since I plan to get the leather and whatnot re-done in that one
Old 06-18-2009, 04:45 PM

i got stock auto climate in my VE....as well in VG..but my VG is brougham edition so it SUPPOSE to have all those options....but all the GXEs i have seen here, most of them have Auto Climate in them...
Old 06-18-2009, 08:08 PM

My 89 didn't have it, but my 93 does.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 PM

What yard are you going to james? I also live in dallas. I hate that on long trips I have to keep turning the AC on and off. ACC could be fun
Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 PM

mine has it and the 5 maxima's i seen at the junkyard i go to had it also
Old 06-22-2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cinnamint
What yard are you going to james? I also live in dallas. I hate that on long trips I have to keep turning the AC on and off. ACC could be fun
I go to what used to be Al's (one location at 2nd Ave. and another on 310), but now it's LKQ which means they've removed their big sign outside with the posted prices, have hired a bunch of retards, and try to charge you outrageous prices when you're ready to pay while consistently ringing you up for the wrong item.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE
I go to what used to be Al's (one location at 2nd Ave. and another on 310), but now it's LKQ which means they've removed their big sign outside with the posted prices, have hired a bunch of retards, and try to charge you outrageous prices when you're ready to pay while consistently ringing you up for the wrong item.
When LKQ took over around here, they did the exact opposite. The employees that work there now are cool as hell. They also posted all of the prices on the wall opposed to being ripped off at the counter by scamming employees who treated you like crap.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'll take it a step further: How much did the auto climate control add to the original price of the car? Anyone who can answer that gets a pat on the back...
Old 06-23-2009, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Hectic
When LKQ took over around here, they did the exact opposite. The employees that work there now are cool as hell. They also posted all of the prices on the wall opposed to being ripped off at the counter by scamming employees who treated you like crap.
Wow, lucky. Al's used to have a HUGE sign outside with the prices clearly posted for nearly everything you could possibly think of, and the prices were great too. Now since that's removed not only are their prices really high, but they seem to fluctuate daily (and that's even after arguing with them and finally getting them to look up/ring up the correct part). I'm there alot and I swear I could get something today for lets say $20, then go tomorrow and it'd suddenly be $50. Of course my other conspiracy theory is that since I don't exactly look like the junkyard frequenting type that they think they can take advantage of the "outsider".

Plus the retard who works at one of the locations has no joke spilled my Blue Point socket set all over the ground on numerous occasions. I've gotten into it so many times with that guy I'm surprised they still let me in there
Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by maxitech
I'll take it a step further: How much did the auto climate control add to the original price of the car? Anyone who can answer that gets a pat on the back...
the digital climate i believe was part of a package.

digital climate
digital dash
ABS (it was an option back then...but a maybe on this)
sonar suspension with summer tires (maybe...wasn't sure if it was separate or together).

the cost was like a grand or so more.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY
the digital climate i believe was part of a package.

digital climate
digital dash
ABS (it was an option back then...but a maybe on this)
sonar suspension with summer tires (maybe...wasn't sure if it was separate or together).

the cost was like a grand or so more.
i guess but i don't have the sonar suspension and digital cluster. i have everything else and the HUD that i retrofitted.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
i guess but i don't have the sonar suspension and digital cluster. i have everything else and the HUD that i retrofitted.
ok then i'm totally off.
the digital dash did come w/ the HUD...that i'm sure.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:55 PM

It had to have been a standalone option even though it was included with the digipack. I've seen several standard GXE's with ACC at the junk yard. I also used to have a Canadian VE with factory installed ACC..

Originally Posted by James92SE
Wow, lucky. Al's used to have a HUGE sign outside with the prices clearly posted for nearly everything you could possibly think of, and the prices were great too. Now since that's removed not only are their prices really high, but they seem to fluctuate daily (and that's even after arguing with them and finally getting them to look up/ring up the correct part). I'm there alot and I swear I could get something today for lets say $20, then go tomorrow and it'd suddenly be $50. Of course my other conspiracy theory is that since I don't exactly look like the junkyard frequenting type that they think they can take advantage of the "outsider".

Plus the retard who works at one of the locations has no joke spilled my Blue Point socket set all over the ground on numerous occasions. I've gotten into it so many times with that guy I'm surprised they still let me in there
That sucks man, you might want to give the corporate office a call and let them know that the yard is going downhill. Judging from the improvements they made to the yard I go to, I don't think that's how LKQ does things. I think they're all about customer service. They do a lot of advertising about their 30 day return policy and whatnot.

You could throw in the bit about your socket set being dropped by employees every time you go in there, just to put it into perspective, sounds like it's run by the village idiots.

Last edited by Hectic; 06-23-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by DanNY
ok then i'm totally off.
the digital dash did come w/ the HUD...that i'm sure.
It would be really interesting to run across an original brochure for the car to see the different option packages available. I'm sure someone out there still has one in a box somewhere...
Old 06-24-2009, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by maxitech
It would be really interesting to run across an original brochure for the car to see the different option packages available. I'm sure someone out there still has one in a box somewhere...
brochure negative, window sticker positive! just have to find it but its not from mine but from another one that looked just like mine which i snatched at the junkyard.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:49 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Hectic
It had to have been a standalone option even though it was included with the digipack. I've seen several standard GXE's with ACC at the junk yard. I also used to have a Canadian VE with factory installed ACC..

That sucks man, you might want to give the corporate office a call and let them know that the yard is going downhill. Judging from the improvements they made to the yard I go to, I don't think that's how LKQ does things. I think they're all about customer service. They do a lot of advertising about their 30 day return policy and whatnot.

You could throw in the bit about your socket set being dropped by employees every time you go in there, just to put it into perspective, sounds like it's run by the village idiots.
I'll have to agree, that LKQ seems to have their $h!t together. Even here, the guys at my local pick-and-pull are really cool with me - and even let me get in free (costs $2 to get into the lot) on occasion. I just wish they'd get a 3rd gen in there from time to time. Last time they had a 3rd gen was just before Thanksgiving. Heaven knows I need to finish up on my ACC project before my kids start collecting social security.