3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

your input on your interior color

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 01:14 PM

your input on your interior color

what do you think of the color inside your car? like it, hate it, its whateves?

i want to hear what you really think of the scheme that nissan had with the colors back in the day

im thinking about redoing it by getting all black interior off of another 3dr gen..... if it came in that color. im not sure
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by vgkid
what do you think of the color inside your car? like it, hate it, its whateves?

i want to hear what you really think of the scheme that nissan had with the colors back in the day

im thinking about redoing it by getting all black interior off of another 3dr gen..... if it came in that color. im not sure
all black was a color. my 89 se is like that. well mostly black with gray in the roof. my gxe had the tan interior and i love it. it going into my 89.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

i have the dark charcoal dash and black carpet with the ribby diagonal-stripe seats. just missing the proper center console and a few trim pieces. I like the color a LOT better then old blood-red color that came stock in mine, but i do want different seat (and door panel) fabric. the velour stuff was nicer imo but this fabric is all i had available to me at the time.

fugly:

much better (minus the blue console haha):

o and it isn't that hard to swap key cylinders on the glovebox in case you ever need to change your interior color. takes maybe 10 minutes to swap them, that way you can use your same key for everything still.

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 03-11-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I can has?

I have the tan on brown. It's alright, I've grown to like it. I noticed the brown dash/panels don't get dry and ashy looking as fast as the charcoal does so that's a plus.

I have the SE style velour that almost looks like corduroy.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:14 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
i have the dark charcoal dash and black carpet with the ribby diagonal-stripe seats. just missing the proper center console and a few trim pieces. I like the color a LOT better then old blood-red color that came stock in mine, but i do want different seat (and door panel) fabric. the velour stuff was nicer imo but this fabric is all i had available to me at the time.

fugly:

much better (minus the blue console haha):

o and it isn't that hard to swap key cylinders on the glovebox in case you ever need to change your interior color. takes maybe 10 minutes to swap them, that way you can use your same key for everything still.
you do realize that I have the center console you need sitting in my garage for the past 3 years
Old 03-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by internetautomar
you do realize that I have the center console you need sitting in my garage for the past 3 years

well alrighty then. i'll pester you here in a minute. perhaps my interior will finally look right soon!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

all black, leather seats. like the black, hate the leather, ONLY because the seams in the drivers seat are busting (like they do when previous owners don't take care of them.... )
Old 03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by BenStoked
all black, leather seats. like the black, hate the leather, ONLY because the seams in the drivers seat are busting (like they do when previous owners don't take care of them.... )
don't blame wayne for that...
Old 03-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

don't blame wayne for that...
what's he gotta do with my seats?
Old 03-11-2009, 07:08 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Old 03-11-2009, 07:09 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Chris Gregg has my ve leather seats now..
Old 03-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Taking my Maxima to the Max!

I have the all black/charcoal GXE velour cloth interior on my 89 Max. I like it a lot! Both seats are power and I got a charcoal higher armrest from a newer Max. I need to change that cloth to match the seats some day. I might go with custom covers some day using faux suede. Not sure if I'll keep it all black, probably will. I'll post pics soon.

BTW, I wonder if stock seats can be modified to have higher bolsters, deeper bucket, etc to mimic racing seats. Just wondering.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by mrkanda
BTW, I wonder if stock seats can be modified to have higher bolsters, deeper bucket, etc to mimic racing seats. Just wondering.
they can be modified, but it would take some work, and knowledge of re-upholstering of car seats to accomplish. I may eventually do this, as well, but it's low on the list.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by mrkanda
I have the all black/charcoal GXE velour cloth interior on my 89 Max. I like it a lot! Both seats are power and I got a charcoal higher armrest from a newer Max. I need to change that cloth to match the seats some day. I might go with custom covers some day using faux suede. Not sure if I'll keep it all black, probably will. I'll post pics soon.

that's the one i want

katie (neighor's daughter) also has an 89GXE with that interior. is your car CG2 (pebble beige) like hers?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 PM

ive got the full black interior, dash and black cloth seats. might do a leather seat swap if i feel like it but leather sucks when its cooking outside and your skin just peels off the leather
Old 03-11-2009, 09:24 PM

yes!!!!!!

i hope i find some in the junk this weekend, 1/2 off sale! haha

do any of you have the navy/dark blue interior?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by vgkid
yes!!!!!!

i hope i find some in the junk this weekend, 1/2 off sale! haha

do any of you have the navy/dark blue interior?
there are some on here with it, and i have seen it in some junk yard cars. looks good, if you ask me. not sure how common it is, tho...
Old 03-11-2009, 10:21 PM

mm navy would look nice, i havent seen a third gen like that yet. i've got the black door insert w/ brown cloth interior and i actually like it quite a bit. i think it would look good w/ a dark wood dash kit.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by Garf
mm navy would look nice, i havent seen a third gen like that yet. i've got the black door insert w/ brown cloth interior and i actually like it quite a bit. i think it would look good w/ a dark wood dash kit.

my friend's 89SE. i stole his white-face gauges and gave him my gxe ones but otherwise that's what his interior looks like. it was weird tho cuz that's the exact same my blue-on-blue parts car had.. and it even has the part's drivetrain. but the problem with the blue is that the top of it turned green.

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 03-11-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:56 AM
don't even worry about it

i have the dark charcoal dash and black carpet with the ribby diagonal-stripe seats. just missing the proper center console and a few trim pieces. I like the color a LOT better then old burgundycolor that came stock in mine, but i do want different seat (and door panel) fabric. the velour stuff was nicer imo but this fabric is all i had available to me at the time.

NOT fugly: (except for all the stuff missing/taken apart)

Fixed that for ya

Burgundy is a very nice color especially with the contrast of burgundy seats to tan headliner. Then add in some swapped black dash pieces (steering wheel, steering column covers, dash button panel) and it's very nice. I've gotten nothing but compliements about it and even a few "Why don't they make cars with color schemes like that anymore?" as well.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by cmachemer
Fixed that for ya

Burgundy is a very nice color especially with the contrast of burgundy seats to tan headliner. Then add in some swapped black dash pieces I've done all of that, the last thing I want to do is the dashboard in black, and reupholstered seats with black inserts, and yes it does look very very nice. (steering wheel, steering column covers, dash button panel) and it's very nice. I've gotten nothing but compliements about it and even a few "Why don't they make cars with color schemes like that anymore?" as well.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I can has?

Fixed that for ya

Burgundy is a very nice color especially with the contrast of burgundy seats to tan headliner. Then add in some swapped black dash pieces (steering wheel, steering column covers, dash button panel) and it's very nice. I've gotten nothing but compliements about it and even a few "Why don't they make cars with color schemes like that anymore?" as well.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:04 AM

my old 89SE came with the fugly blue interior but the owner before me painted everything in black which made it look even more like ****. as for my 93 GXE i can the tan leather with brown. i've always liked it so no complaints here.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Greeny
Chris Gregg has my ve leather seats now..
is that where they went off to?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

is that where they went off to?
Yep, he come and got them a few weeks ago, along with a few other doodads. the rear tops cracked all to shiet a couple years ago.. The front seat were still like when i bought them from you..

I like the gxe cloth better anyways..
Old 03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

I like what I currently have, black everything except headliner and carpet which is grey but I got black floormats which give it a nice depth heres some old pics

Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 PM

wow, columbian max i really like that interior. i didn't know that there wee all/mostly black interior third gens.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Garf
wow, columbian max i really like that interior. i didn't know that there wee all/mostly black interior third gens.
thank you sir I converted mine from grey, luckily everything was already black. should see my gfs max, she's got an 89 SE burgundy/black interior..she's got the full carpet and the pillars all black as opposed to mine being grey. I do however have the plastic pillars ready to go in, those cloth grey ones get too dirty for my preference.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Greeny
Yep, he come and got them a few weeks ago, along with a few other doodads. the rear tops cracked all to shiet a couple years ago.. The front seat were still like when i bought them from you..

I like the gxe cloth better anyways..
I prefer non-leather also. that was part of the reason those seats came out of that car. the rear tops were sketchy to begin with.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by BenStoked
there are some on here with it, and i have seen it in some junk yard cars. looks good, if you ask me. not sure how common it is, tho...

how common for what color? the black or navy blue?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Fixed that for ya

riiiiiiight.

see folks, this is why i still haven't tried weed yet

well.. i guess if you have more black contrasts it might look better.. i dunno, i just couldn't stand the carpet being that color. maybe if it had a tan carpet with the burgundy seats or something, i dunno, i just hated the fact that it was ALL red.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:32 PM

i have the tan on brown leather scheme i love my leather seats they dont crack or seem that damaged at all but take sorta good care of them armor all leather leather conditioners definetly stops the sticky summer feeling but im in northern CT where it rarely gets above 85 in the summer....

i have been thinking about reupholstering the interior because the leather patches on the door are starting curl over and sorta peel off upholstery glue helps but it still looks kinda sloppy.... i still get compliments on the seats constantly..... i like the brown leather dash it shows damage right after its been cleaned then sorta fades away but my steering wheel is chopped up but luckily its only behind the wheel so you cant really see it i usually forget its there until i try to clean it....

oh yeah and chicks dig leather i love hearing "oooh u got leather"

....and caped u still havent tried weed ur a mechanic every mechanic has smoked weed i thought it that was the rules.... dude im definetly gettin u stoned at maxus
Old 03-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It started as a light gray velour interior. The seats were replaced with ones from Catzkin, along with the armrest and shifter boot. I still have matching leather door inserts that need to be installed.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by sleepyvg30e
....and caped u still havent tried weed ur a mechanic every mechanic has smoked weed i thought it that was the rules.... dude im definetly gettin u stoned at maxus
i'm not a mechanic. i work on my car and other people's cars but i'm no mechanic. and don't come near me with that crap if you want to make it home in one piece. just sayin'. you can bring me some black velour seats tho

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 03-12-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

i'm not a mechanic. i work on my car and other people's cars but i'm no mechanic. and don't come near me with that crap if you want to make it home in one piece. just sayin'. you can bring me some black velour seats tho
that's right. Pot is for losers..

Now, CRACK, on the other hand....

btw, maxitech. that interior is just plain, HOT.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by maxitech

It started as a light gray velour interior. The seats were replaced with ones from Catzkin, along with the armrest and shifter boot. I still have matching leather door inserts that need to be installed.
Love the condition they appear to be in(yes I know they're new) but cant say I'm a fan of the two toneness if it were either one of those two colors and matching or coordinating with the remainder of the interior trim then I'd go for them.

I guess its not so much the two toneness, just rather the color mix, nevertheless it's something different.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by sleepyvg30e
ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID!!?

Just for that i'll make sure the local PD search your car once you get into Maxus and I'll make sure they will arrest you and impound your car and throw you in the local pound you in the rear prison.

NO DRUGS AT MAXUS.....PERIOD!!!

you don't think i can't do it??...try me.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by maxitech
Those are seat covers? Seem to fit really well.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Way out West

I like mine. All black leather, dual power seats. I have the SE factory leather, not the dealer installed "puffy" leather.

Mine is still in decent shape. The top of my back seat is a little dried out, despite lots of conditioner.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin
I like mine. All black leather, dual power seats. I have the SE factory leather, not the dealer installed "puffy" leather.

Mine is still in decent shape. The top of my back seat is a little dried out, despite lots of conditioner.

man black looks really sexy!!!

Quick Reply: your input on your interior color