3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Front Parking Light How to?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Love my '09

Front Parking Light How to?

Ok, I don't visit this area often, but I have a question that I didn't find the answer to using search.

My step daughter brought her car to me and asked how to change the bulb in the front, passenger side parking lamp area.

I have no manual or service manual for a 1990.

I peeked around the engine compartment and didn't see anything "obvious".

What's the secret to removing the lens and replacing the bulb? I'm sure it'll be painfully obvious once someone points it out....

(I'm NOT a mechanic, but she asked me since I have a 09 Max. )
Old 12-29-2008, 04:38 PM
I can has?

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
stuff...

Remove Screw circled at bottom left, gently pull the front of the corner light assembly forward and out (there is a "clip" ball joint the light is popped into to lock it, try to get it out without breaking it) Then slide the whole thing forward trying not to break any of the tabs that reside near the amber part of the light that go into the fender.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Ok, I don't visit this area often, but I have a question that I didn't find the answer to using search.

My step daughter brought her car to me and asked how to change the bulb in the front, passenger side parking lamp area.

I have no manual or service manual for a 1990.

I peeked around the engine compartment and didn't see anything "obvious".

What's the secret to removing the lens and replacing the bulb? I'm sure it'll be painfully obvious once someone points it out....

(I'm NOT a mechanic, but she asked me since I have a 09 Max. )
there's a screw on the top outside edge of the headlight where the corner meets up to it, then take a flathead screwdriver and pop the corner out from where it meets the headlight. there is a ball and socket fitting there, so just pry gently and it will pop out.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Love my '09

Ok, that looks easy enough. Thanks a ton.

I might be back asking for more questions. I think she has a list of things she wants me to "fix"....

I know her drivers side door speaker isn't working. Should be easy, also drivers door lock doesn't work. Tho I haven't seen the inside of the door, I'm wondering if it's related. Not sure how close the door lock mechanism would be to the speaker wires....
Old 12-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I can has?

This is a really helpful site for common fixes and cool little upgrades:

http://www.geocities.com/craigbrace/
Old 12-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Love my '09

Awesome. I'll look over these. (She will think I'm a genius!!!!)
Old 12-29-2008, 05:53 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Awesome. I'll look over these. (She will think I'm a genius!!!!)
Read the stickies nOOb!!

Old 12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Love my '09

Lol. I looked at the stickies. I noticed that some of the links, or links in the links are no longer working. (I didn't do too much browsing outside of this site, considering you all are the PRO's!!!)
Old 12-29-2008, 07:15 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Lol. I looked at the stickies. I noticed that some of the links, or links in the links are no longer working. (I didn't do too much browsing outside of this site, considering you all are the PRO's!!!)
Do you remember which links were broken?
Old 12-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Love my '09

This was where I was looking.

http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generat...re-asking.html

Seems that the "online service manual" (outside link) doesn't show anything until around 1993. Not maxima.org issue.

The 4dsc.com link, again, outside link, seems to be having issues with some of their articles. Again, not a maxima.org issue.

I didn't look at most of the other stuff as I was targeting the light issue.

I have it easy being a moderator in the 7th gen area. Not a lot of info and links available yet.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:35 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

This was where I was looking.

http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generat...re-asking.html

Seems that the "online service manual" (outside link) doesn't show anything until around 1993. Not maxima.org issue.

The 4dsc.com link, again, outside link, seems to be having issues with some of their articles. Again, not a maxima.org issue.

I didn't look at most of the other stuff as I was targeting the light issue.

I have it easy being a moderator in the 7th gen area. Not a lot of info and links available yet.
Yeah, the autozone repair link never has shown repair procedures on the earlier year models, due to they are pretty much the same car from 89-94(except the 92-94 se= different engine)

The 4dsc link is starting to shown it's age also, as some of the links within the website are intermittent or dead..

Oh, btw, there isn't any info in the stickies about side marker light removal, since it's just a "remove one screw, then pull" fix .
Old 12-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Love my '09

Hehe, well, like I said, I figured it'd be simple. Today was the first day I ever drove one, looked under the hood or kicked the tires. I assumed light replacement would be in the user manual, of course, she got the car used and it didn't have one. So, it's why I asked here. Several very helpful folks provided directions immediately, and like I said, I knew it was going to be "painfully obvious" once I was shown.

All in all, the car is quite nice, esp for being nearly a 20 year old car!
Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Yeah, these old cars have held up pretty good over the years..

Old 12-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Love my '09

Damn, I'll say. It was a pretty decent and comfortable car to drive. I was surprised. Not nearly as nice as the 07 and now the 09, but still. I wish I'd have driven one years ago. I guarantee my "car history" would have been alot different today.

Good to know it handles high mileage as I know she can't afford large repairs and such and her car has 13x,xxx or so.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:55 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Damn, I'll say. It was a pretty decent and comfortable car to drive. I was surprised. Not nearly as nice as the 07 and now the 09, but still. I wish I'd have driven one years ago. I guarantee my "car history" would have been alot different today.

Good to know it handles high mileage as I know she can't afford large repairs and such and her car has 13x,xxx or so.
Biggest(most expensive) and most common issue on the 3rd gen are the vg30e's automatic transmissions, they tend to die around 150k mark, some sooner. Then moves down to injectors dying around the same mileage($100 a piece x6... ugh), also the timing belts on the vg engine are a total pita to replace.