3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Just wondering......

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:35 PM

Just wondering......

I have my 93 GXE in a great state of tune and Im getting to a point where I consider it dead reliable because of all the maintenance stuff thats getting done, considering what Ive done in my sig, what else is on the list of things to take care of? I think Im just about done with routine stuff, the only thing "wrong" is a rattle from the left rear suspension over bumps that I cant trace out, but everything on the car looks good!?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:02 PM

The other window regulator
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Get Off My Lawn

The sound in the rear is either exhaust noise or your rear lower tie bar has broke loose. Other than what you've mentioned, check the exhuast for leaks/rust. Fuel filter and check/swap out your auto tranny fluid. I'm sure you've replaced your coolant fluid given you replaced the water pump and hoses. Fuel filter, PCV valve? As it's getting colder, you should inspect all your vacuum lines and replace those that are cracked, brittle, and/or broken.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:28 PM

Rear disc conversion.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:31 PM

Good one Gunther! The exhaust is really rotted and will fall out soon but at the front not the rear so I dont think its the noise I hear. I think it might be the strut cartridge came loose, I will have to check it out. Im assuming you mean the stabilizer bar but all that stuff looks good, I just had an alignment and the guy didn't find anything wrong with the suspension when he did it. The fuel filter is recent and the tranny has been filled/drained twice since I have it. First time from the drain plug, second time the driver side axle I want to get it flushed but I dont have the money right now for it. I guess vacuum lines is next, the fuel mileage sucks also so I think the injectors might be leaking. Oh its also got a new O2 sensor and I got new brake fluid in there too. I would love to do the disc conversion but I would only do it for ABS, is that possible? I dont think the discs would make much difference in braking anyway.

Last edited by TWINTRBO; 11-07-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by TWINTRBO
Good one Gunther! The exhaust is really rotted and will fall out soon but at the front not the rear so I dont think its the noise I hear. I think it might be the strut cartridge came loose, I will have to check it out. Im assuming you mean the stabilizer bar but all that stuff looks good, I just had an alignment and the guy didn't find anything wrong with the suspension when he did it. The fuel filter is recent and the tranny has been filled/drained twice since I have it. First time from the drain plug, second time the driver side axle I want to get it flushed but I dont have the money right now for it. I guess vacuum lines is next, the fuel mileage sucks also so I think the injectors might be leaking. Oh its also got a new O2 sensor and I got new brake fluid in there too. I would love to do the disc conversion but I would only do it for ABS, is that possible? I dont think the discs would make much difference in braking anyway.
not worth doing an ABS conversion. you are better off just doing the rear disc conversion. make sure that all your exhaust studs are in good shape and/or repair/replace the broken studs. did you replace the front main seal, and cam seals when the timing belt got done? is your power steering pump leaking?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

this is funny, i have never had to LOOK for things to fix on my car......
Old 11-07-2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by sublunary
this is funny, i have never had to LOOK for things to fix on my car......
normally i just wait until it breaks or is on the verge <--- (spelling) of breaking. thats what i do.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...07/ai_n9299385

Nice ride. I suppose you could write off tints as preventative maintenance..........
Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
not worth doing an ABS conversion. you are better off just doing the rear disc conversion. make sure that all your exhaust studs are in good shape and/or repair/replace the broken studs. did you replace the front main seal, and cam seals when the timing belt got done? is your power steering pump leaking?
I started this thread because I was bored but Im having fun so yay! All the exhaust studs are good and there are no exhaust leaks yet. I changed the cam seals but left the main seal alone, didn't want to get into it. Power steering pump looks good too. The only issues I have are the knock in the rear suspension, the cruise light flashes now and it doesn't work and I do have one tiny spot of rust at the bottom of the passenger rear door but thats it. Oh and I have tint on my real car, i love how it looks but hate it at night, wouldn't do it to the family mobile, plus its illegal and the cops here are real jerks about it.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by TWINTRBO
I started this thread because I was bored but Im having fun so yay! All the exhaust studs are good and there are no exhaust leaks yet. I changed the cam seals but left the main seal alone, didn't want to get into it. Power steering pump looks good too. The only issues I have are the knock in the rear suspension, the cruise light flashes now and it doesn't work and I do have one tiny spot of rust at the bottom of the passenger rear door but thats it. Oh and I have tint on my real car, i love how it looks but hate it at night, wouldn't do it to the family mobile, plus its illegal and the cops here are real jerks about it.
check the relay that controls your cruise, if you dont know how, PM me or steal one from another max

Last edited by Sevorg1; 11-12-2007 at 09:01 PM.