3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

how much your max means to you

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 04:23 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by mikekantor
Wow, whats the weight distribution on that car... 70/30?
it's not much of an autocross car though
Old 07-02-2007, 11:25 AM

When I walked to school I was 16 and each morning this guy from my naighborhood was driving by with a 2nd generation maxima. He also was going to my school but I had to walk to school. I loved his car each morning it pass by while once again I walked to school each morning. I told my self when I save money I would get a a maxima.

When I graduated and worked to save money, I wanted to buy car cause I was tierd to take the bus and ask friends for rides. I wanted to get a honda accord. A friend of mine took me to a small car dealer, I was looking for the accord. They did not have one in there lot. My friend told me
he would take me to another car dealership, when I saw a 3rd Gen Maxima in the far end. I took it for a test drive and I Loved it. So when we were doing the paper works, I Guy came asking for the maxima, I guess this guy came a day before to check out the car and came to buy it. He was too late cause I just Bought to the car. S.O.L.

I took my car home and I loved it ever since. My friends tell me to get a new car but I wont let go of my Maxima. Since school I wanted a Maxima and since I found out about the Street Racing, Modofication, Car shows, Maxima.org & car domain. My Car means A LOT TO ME!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i love my maxxima to death shes my life ive wanted a maxxima since i was 6 lol yea, my friends mom use to take me to school every moring in her 3rd gen i didnt know the year, man those where the days too!! i can remember wean i locked her son in tha trunk and i didnt know how to open it i kelp on opening the gas door lmao!! i hate every body that dont take care of there maxxima theres sum horrible looking maxxis in dallas that needs sum tlc.lol but its someing that i fell in love with the 3rd gens and i finaly got mines!! and shes gonna be with me till i die
Old 07-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
damn 150 bucks? I guess Brian has competition finding cheap 3rd gens

competition eh?? i got mine DIRT CHEAP it was free!!! from a friend!!! ha beat that lol
Old 07-05-2007, 09:25 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by MaxximaFanaitc
competition eh?? i got mine DIRT CHEAP it was free!!! from a friend!!! ha beat that lol
It was a VG, so of course it was free
Old 07-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
My Green one has a long history with me,i first purchased the car in jan 2000...Pretty much trouble free until about 03,i researched the internet,found Maxima.org....The rest is in several thousand posts here on the org....

Truth be told,this website is the reason i still have this car and also purchased a second maxima for my wife,not to mention the 3rd gens overall dependability is imo,above average in most cases...

The camaraderie on this site is like no other automotive forum i have ever seen...

I couldn't agree more.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by internetautomar
It was a VG, so of course it was free
lol
Old 07-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Ok, I really had to think about this one since I have owned dozens of cars through my time, mostly one at a time. My favorite that alway got me exited just by looking at it was my 79 Trans Am painted red with gold trim and t-tops. Not only did it look fantastic it sounded awesome and went like snot. No other car has come close to that one. I had 77 Toyota Corolla, nice little nimble car that had a 1200cc lawn mower engine. Other foreign cars were a 1994 Plymouth Colt, 91 Mazda 626, 87 Audi 5000 Quatro. They were all nice but my current Maxima seems real nice for everything I need it for. It sits comfortable in the back too with a nice size trunk. Happy with the loads of features and has some power to boot (not Trans Am power mind you). But my car is like a comrade or a good friend. I will tend to it at a time of need and would not let it die in my hands. The seats feel great almost like i'm being cradled. When I see that it weeps no oil, I am proud, dam it.
Some changes are needed for it to be perfect:
Ugly steering wheel
Soft suspension on GXE
And reliable temp control and time lights
Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 PM

My car is awesome. It is the first car ive ever driven, and owned. My father changed to a 3rd gen GXE when he got fed up with his POS prelude and then he had an early decline in health. He gave me the car since he became stuck at home and later confined to the bed. So I look at it as still my fathers car, and kind of like I have to keep the legacy going in his honor.

That reasoning is only half-valid, since I totaled the car. But then I restored it fully, back to spec w/fresh welding and paint. Then totaled it again. THEN bought an SE instead. So I am KIND OF honoring my father still.

So yea, My max is awesome, and it will get tricked out later. I have help from friends here at the ORG, my engineering experience, degree in drafting, access to machinery and steel, a free mechanic who is also going to Body work school soon (shaved doors and disc brake venting!), and good resources like Matt, Aaron, Brian, understeer, Blehm, 4DSC, Etc.. Etc..

Cheers to the Max enthusiasts.

Hopefully, in the future, I will help add how-to articles and step-by-steps.

Hope to get a body kit like this one, HERE!

Some depo or ZKW projectors with 5000k HIDs, and 8000k titanium halos, custom FRP lids for them, and clear corners. Custom front bumper all one piece, RWD conversion, chassis stiffening, cross bracing, full suspension replacement, custom hood change, custom front change, maybe some wide body fenders in the front just so that I can take them off early.

Yea, I would rather put $40k into my car than buy a new one.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:01 PM

its funny cuz i remember my mom telling me that my uncle was gonna give it to me, and i was thinkin man THAT car? -_- but then i started working on it step by step , now im in love with it. i wash it like 1-2 times week to keep it nice and shiny. this is my ride : http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...albumId=597078
Old 07-08-2007, 04:12 PM

Kind of a first car thing, in a sense... I dunno, not really but

Not really sure why, just kind of the same thing as Austin, James, and Paul

and I guess Wayne too

good car, good times, learned a lot, put a lot of work into it, time, money, etc.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:18 PM
The Computer Guy

My max means so much that it went from this..

To this...
Old 07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by MrGone
Kind of a first car thing, in a sense... I dunno, not really but

Not really sure why, just kind of the same thing as Austin, James, and Paul

and I guess Wayne too

good car, good times, learned a lot, put a lot of work into it, time, money, etc. and sold it
Fixed for ya
Old 07-08-2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by nForce
My max means so much that it went from this..

To this...
boy i tell you what... dat paint rite dur is smoove as butta. LOL. Sweet, man!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:53 PM

With all this love for our cars, I think we all need to do a cruise across the US (for the ones living in the States) and let everybody know the 3rd Gens are still wassup!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by bLiNg_ThEoRy
With all this love for our cars, I think we all need to do a cruise across the US (for the ones living in the States) and let everybody know the 3rd Gens are still wassup!
That would be kickass to get a caravan of at least 30 going
Old 07-08-2007, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic

I wonder how many would make it? lol

I've done it twice
Old 07-08-2007, 09:05 PM

Can Nissan sponsor us with gas, food, and oil changes / washes at the dealers during the trip?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Max In Process

Hei Once I Get My License Im Up
Old 07-08-2007, 10:34 PM

even tho my car has given me so many problems. i still wont put it down. still in developement. lots done. whole lot more to go. body work after engine. body's useless if it cant move

Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 PM

nice rims...
lol
Old 07-08-2007, 11:22 PM

whos? mine?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Hectic
A) I would do it, but I have engine probs. So does my wife.

B) I want one of those maxima model cars. Die-cast? from where? I suspect I cant get them anymore.

C) Wifes car makes a strange puffing sound after startup and acceleration, with a roaring air rushing sound. a rrrrWHHaaaa. Hard to describe..

D) I heard that there is going to be a Maxima meet in palos verdes, CA this 21st. Is this focused on 3rd gens or all gens?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 PM
The Computer Guy

If someone can sponsor and arange it I would be up for it