3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

More pics from my crashed max

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 06:57 AM

More pics from my crashed max

It was more serious than it looked from the beginning... Can't belive how lucky I was, look at this...

This is where I sat... can't even belive I had my legs in there somewhere...
The car I collided with smashed the passenger side as you can see. Then I bounced into a tree with the drivers side, you can see that as well. Then I Rolled and landed on the roof, which has held up pretty good I'd say...

And the police has released their investigation results which freed me from any suspicion. They confirmed what I described had happened. They have no info about the car I had to dodge, which started all this, he's just gone.

I'm chocked over being alive... I have never seen a car this smashed IRL, but I've seen pics of cars that had less damage and people still have lost their lives in the crash. Seriously this is mad...

I gave my max a little kiss goodbye before finally leaving her to her fate with a tear in my eye...
Old 10-08-2005, 07:11 AM
aaron lavigne FTG

HOLY **** sry to hear but damn that must have been a hell of a ride. Well glad to hear u are alright and what do u plan on gettin next good luck man
Old 10-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Alex_V

Wow thats amazing. Glad your still here for sure!!! Got to love sturdy 3rd gens

The hood doesnt look to damaged, hows the engine bay?

Man thats just crazy, did you get hurt at all? After my 30mph hit with a non moving truck my back was stiff as a board and so were my knees.

~Alex

Old 10-08-2005, 07:51 AM

That's amazing ! Glad you're still alive. Hope I never have to go through something like that.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

damn, now that's some wreckage, glad you're still alive man. BTW, should've taken the shifter **** to put on your next car for good luck.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Phatsta
... freed me from any suspicion. ...
Sorry sight: now u car is Pasta... The free-dom: if youre car owner, youre the suspicious one. But as youre now free, buy a bike, then youre beyond law.

Howabout uself, already workin condition? Are u seekin a new max project?
Old 10-08-2005, 08:11 AM

Holy crap, you really know how to destroy them, don't you.

Glad you're alright
Old 10-08-2005, 08:24 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Phasta..........You have a angel watching over you

You should not be here talking to us right now....

Unbelievable!!!!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:52 AM

Yes, take the shift **** for good luck. My friend got t-boned in the driver's door by someone doing 60mph last year. He was in his firebird formula. I was the one who went to clean his stuff out of the wreck. There was a deck of cards in there that went flying on impact. Caught on the passenger door pull was the ace of spades! He won that round - barely. six days in ICU. Anyway, he kept his shift **** and so should you.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
Phasta..........You have a angel watching over you

You should not be here talking to us right now....

Unbelievable!!!!
I think so too. Prayers gave Pasta new chance, got Angels working...
Old 10-08-2005, 12:53 PM

Geez...........that car took one hell of a beatin! Good to see ya made it out of there........glad you are ok.

A couple years back a lady was driving along with her 2 kids. She is in a 92 or 93 Maxima.......kids in the back seat strapped in.........a drunk driver hit her head on.....him and his buddy were goin to pick up more beer.........they were driving a little too fast to make things worse.......the good part about all this is the kids had not even a scratch on them...........and the lady lived to tell the story.......although she was in the hospital for 6 months......but they said that Maxima took it like a tank! Probably one of the reason's why she is still alive.............I love my Max........
Old 10-08-2005, 01:03 PM

Thank god that you are alright. I was rear-ended by a 347hp eclipse after it hit full boost in rush hour traffic. I drove away with only scratch bumper cover, she didn't. We are driving very sturdy cars.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Im izz sexay

You never really appreciate life until you almost lose yours. I know you have a whole new impact on how you'll live. I've seen people die in accidents that barely total their car. I never beleived in luck just karma. What goes around comes around. You must be one very generous person. I still think that it was impossible to be able to write, yet alone be alive, directly after the accident to tell the org the tragedy. You are probably gonna find another max but you're gonna appreciate this one a hell of a lot more now.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:15 PM

thanks guys... really, thanks a lot. in this nightmare-like hell you give me great support, thanks a lot...

first of all I haven't thought about a new ride at all, no. I'm driving a daily beater VW Golf at the moment which belongs to my employer, he's lending it to me.

second, yeah I sure had a guardian angel on my side, I'm beginning to belive my mom and her prayers for me. after such an accident your mind and emotions start to live their own lives. I almost started to cry when I saw the car today... it's not like me to cry, but after realizing how lucky I am I couldn't stop myself...

the max sure is a tank when it comes to crashes, if I had driven another car I wouldn't be here today, and that takes my love for maximas to another level. I'm seriously thinking of getting another max, but I fear it just won't be the same... I should definatly get the shifter ****, although I'm not supersticious it might be a good idea just as a reminder.

please guys listen to me, this happened in 70km/h which is not that much... be careful ok? you could easily end up much worse than me. take it easy and set your speed to the surroundings... I know I'll be twice as careful (at least) in the future.

I'm still ok though. a broken arm and a crushed thumb, that's all. some bruises and such but it's no big deal. I'm working 100% again which is nice coz it takes my mind somewhere else. I'm perfectly fine.

thanks again.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:44 PM

I am glad is turned out well in the end for you!
I had to dodje a distracted driver on the curve this past summer - unpleasant experience. Dunno if he ever noticed he was driving in the oncoming lane - he was dialing his cellphone and looking at the display. Max did its job well. These are great cars!
Old 10-08-2005, 03:01 PM

again you are lucky to be alive. Simply amazing
Old 10-08-2005, 05:01 PM

whoa. makes my car look like it was jsut a scratch. maximas are tanks yo. esp the 3rd gen ones. mine kept me and 2 friends safe. no scratches, bruises or nothing. and i hit the other car at like 40-50 mph. bounced right off and it still runs smooth as butter
Old 10-09-2005, 03:24 AM

i'd say the fact that the 3rd gen is so spacious, is the reason you're still alive. any smaller and it would have been fatal. new lease on life! you're a lucky man. btw..what was the reason you were knocked out? did you knock your head on something?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Way out West

Bah, that will buff right out...

j/k dang, that car is messed up. I am glad that you made it out alive and not much worse for wear. These cars seem to hold up fairly well in collisions.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I miss my VE

Damn.. Thats messed up. Glad your okay though, and thanks for sharing your incident with the rest of us. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:01 PM

youre one lucky sob.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:39 PM

dam that looked kinda rough. Hope everything works out
Old 10-09-2005, 05:17 PM

damn your lucky.

now take that money and buy an R6.

Ha, good luck man, glad youre alive.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:24 PM
no more maxima...

Wow...you are lucky.

Was that car imported from North America to Europe?
Old 10-09-2005, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by eventnick
damn your lucky.
Originally Posted by kingrukus
Wow...you are lucky.
If he were lucky he wouldn't have wrecked..what we have here is DEVINE INTERVENTION ....Phatsta I am bumping this back to the top we are all glad you are doing fine and thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:16 PM

...Was that car imported from North America to Europe?
- No, Maximas are made in Japan thus imported from Japan...

Governor: "...what we have here is DEVINE INTERVENTION ".
- Yes, that was a good illustration. Destruction is devils deed. On this planet his time is out, so hes busy; this time stopped mid action...

Happiness depends on what happens. As we earths prisoners are first seeking after happiness, we grow locked into our current experience. That limits us seeing beyond. Multiple times we are stopped, and our priorities are shaken: as grown limitations shatter, they may open new vistas what life is about. Shaken, "That they should seek..."
Old 10-10-2005, 08:51 AM
no more maxima...

Originally Posted by Wiking
- No, Maximas are made in Japan thus imported from Japan...

Governor: "...what we have here is DEVINE INTERVENTION ".
- Yes, that was a good illustration. Destruction is devils deed. On this planet his time is out, so hes busy; this time stopped mid action...

Happiness depends on what happens. As we earths prisoners are first seeking after happiness, we grow locked into our current experience. That limits us seeing beyond. Multiple times we are stopped, and our priorities are shaken: as grown limitations shatter, they may open new vistas what life is about. Shaken, "That they should seek..."
What I meant was that particular model which was originally produced in Japan was the North American only model which was then sent to Europe. Sorry I know nothing about third gens.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:53 AM

na, it went from japan to other places after that. it would be dumb to go japan -> usa -> europe.

3rd gens are in australia, usa, europe, and africa i think.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:14 AM

What I meant was that ...
No problem, I was just teasing u... my apologies. Scandinavia was used as testing ground: Nissan pushed here the price down maybe even about 50% to get statistically meaningful base. That meant tha maxima was by far cheapest in its class. (Still here max has high class statu$, with every well todo owner servicing max at $tealership. Good way to gather data. Result is, front shock pair replacement starts from 1500$, parts shops refuse to sell... I ordered shocks from uk for 240$.)
Old 10-10-2005, 09:54 AM

hey man im glad ur ok. thank god u were in a 3rd gen max and not a geo prism. just lookin at that gets me shook.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:34 PM

man...that sucks.