3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

New guages and other new pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

New guages and other new pictures

My car on a diet..

My guage pod...

I put a triple guage cluster under the radio... it isnt mounted permenantly yet, thats why it doesnt look perfect...
Old 06-03-2005, 09:19 AM

My new warpspeed Y-pipe... got it on the deal for 160 shipped.

Old 06-03-2005, 09:32 AM

what does the center gauges do? and the pillar pod gauges do?

i like that pillar pod look. the y-pipe youll be happy with. why is your back all gutted??
Old 06-03-2005, 09:34 AM

The center guages have a water temperature, volts, and oil pressure( which i wont use because its mechanical) and the pillar pods have air fuel ratio and oil pressure( which i am using because its electrical)...I have had the Y-pipe on my car and i really like it but i had to take it off to get my oil pan off( which is another story) and i just took a picture of it... the whole car is gutted, no carpet, sound deadening or anything... i figured if my interior doesnt look that great anyways i might as well make it light so i have an excuse and it wont hurt my performance.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by mtnbikeair
the pillar pods have air fuel ratio and oil pressure( which i am using because its electrical)....
I hope they're not auto meter brand, the A/F is just a light show and not accurate at all. Wideband if you want accurate A/F ratio. Too many gauges going on for a car that doesn't need it. Looks kinda
Old 06-03-2005, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by D-sta
I hope they're not auto meter brand, the A/F is just a light show and not accurate at all. Wideband if you want accurate A/F ratio. Too many gauges going on for a car that doesn't need it. Looks kinda

yeah the air fuel that i have doesnt really do much, its just goes up and down as i hit the gas... and everyone needs a little rice in their car...
Old 06-03-2005, 10:10 AM

and everyone needs a little rice in their car...
sad u think that way!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:30 AM

Well all of my guages serve a very good purpose except for the air/fuel ratio so i dont see a problem with them. Thanks for your comments anyways.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:34 AM

Well all of my guages serve a very good purpose

I don't agree, there have been many who have run their cars till 300k miles and none of those gauges, I see no fit reason for them then just for looks and uselessness.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:36 AM

Im not saying my car cant run without these guages, but they do serve a good point...and i dont care if you think they are useless because they arent in YOUR car.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by D-sta
I don't agree, there have been many who have run their cars till 300k miles and none of those gauges, I see no fit reason for them then just for looks and uselessness.
dude who pooped in your cheerios? let him do what he wants to his car. youre gonna give yourself a heartattack here soon if you worry about everything like that.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Well all of my guages serve a very good purpose except for the air/fuel ratio so i dont see a problem with them. Thanks for your comments anyways.
The center guages have a water temperature, volts, and oil pressure( which i wont use because its mechanical) and the pillar pods have air fuel ratio and oil pressure( which i am using because its electrical)...I have had the Y-pipe on my car and i really like it but i had to take it off to get my oil pan off( which is another story) and i just took a picture of it... the whole car is gutted, no carpet, sound deadening or anything... i figured if my interior doesnt look that great anyways i might as well make it light so i have an excuse and it wont hurt my performance.

just busting your chops
Old 06-03-2005, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY

just busting your chops

haha yeah i will give you that one... but i am looking for a guage to replace that oil one, but there isnt really anything to replace it with that would be useful... haha there arent alot of choices for the like 1 1/2" guages.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

haha yeah i will give you that one... but i am looking for a guage to replace that oil one, but there isnt really anything to replace it with that would be useful... haha there arent alot of choices for the like 1 1/2" guages.
welp...you have the useless A/F on the "A"...and a useless oil psi in the DIN...why not take out the oil psi and then take the other gauge on the A and move it over to the empty hole in the DIN? no A pillar stack...much cleaner install and more useful info.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:11 PM

They are all different sizes... the A pillar ones are 2 1/16" guages and then the ones under the radio are small guages... i think like 1 1/2"
Old 06-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

They are all different sizes... the A pillar ones are 2 1/16" guages and then the ones under the radio are small guages... i think like 1 1/2"
"you can do it EEEEEEEEEEEE-BAYYYYYY"
Old 06-03-2005, 12:16 PM

Well the really only reason i have the guages under my radio is because my car came without the box to go into that spot,and i was at Autozone and they had the mini guages for 29.99 so i decided that i would put them in instead of buying a box to go in there because at least the guages i will use.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Well the really only reason i have the guages under my radio is because my car came without the box to go into that spot,and i was at Autozone and they had the mini guages for 29.99 so i decided that i would put them in instead of buying a box to go in there because at least the guages i will use.
LOL...i'm losing faith in you man.

first of all...how reliable you think those $29.99 gauges are going to be?
so you have a box there...why not just get a draw/cupholder back in there?
Old 06-03-2005, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY
LOL...i'm losing faith in you man.

first of all...how reliable you think those $29.99 gauges are going to be?
so you have a box there...why not just get a draw/cupholder back in there?

Haha, you win some and you lose some... i am willing to take the risk that they suck because its not going to put me out a whole lot of money... and with no interior in my car its easy to hold a cup in between the seat and the E-brake... but i am going downhill with this conversation so im gonna stop now.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:18 PM

This is hilarious, no heart attack will happen here, just simply bored at work and bustin chops. But kinda serious in this matter, he even said he wasn't going to use some of them. Come on its kinda ridiculous putting on stuff on your car just for show and not for real use. It's sad to see this and people are happy doing this. That is all!
Old 06-03-2005, 01:22 PM

Well i said i wasnt going to use one of them... and then the air/fuel doesnt do anything ( but i didnt know when i bought it that it wouldnt really work) so maybe one day i will replace it with a boost guage when i get turbo and then i will be beastin on you and it wont matter.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:22 PM
mod or sell?

EGT gauge would be useful, actually 2 would be better, one on each bank.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
EGT gauge would be useful, actually 2 would be better, one on each bank.
Thats an excellent suggestion buddy. I don't think they carry those at the ricers r us section, obviously where mtnbikeair shops