3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Corbeau Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Corbeau Seats

Im looking into getting some new seats hopefully soon because i cant handle how little the maxima seats hold me. So this is the seat i am looking at except in black...

I know there are drawbacks to the seat being all one piece, but it would seem to hold the driver better, its cheaper, and it looks good. Is there any reason that i would need a seat that could recline?
Old 03-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ive sat in those in a miata and they are real nice hold you in great
but think about all the times u recline ur seat and if you cant think of a time i wouldnt worry about it
my seat has been in the same position since i bought it
Old 03-27-2005, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by mtnbikeair
Is there any reason that i would need a seat that could recline?
Well, if you have a girlfriend...
Old 03-27-2005, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ninty-two-se

haha, thats what her car is for...

But yeah i dont ever recline my seat, so if you say they feel good Harvs94max i definitely will take your werd on it and buy them soon.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:06 PM

Weeeelllllll..........
Old 03-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sometimes i sleep in my front seat.

I just went to the drive in with my girl the other night, reclined seats.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:38 AM
Way out West

How much more is it for seats that recline? Corbeau makes them, so does Sparco. I am not saying don't buy them, just if the price isn't too much more, I would get some that recline.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:53 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by Ninty-two-se

If you have a GF and buy those seats, you'll be driving/riding in her car from then on, trust me.

I highly recommend getting the reclining ones. yeah, theyr'e a couple hundred more, but they're much better for long trips and daily driving.. if they're in a fixed position, you have to set it up in your racing position, which is usually much closer to the wheel and upright than for daily driving. I couldn't stand driving every day in the same position I sit while on the track.
it's only 2 clicks difference on the seat adjuster, but it's still very noticeable.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:39 PM

Well i dont actually race, but just like taking corners and stuff the seats i have dont hold me worth anything. And i actually just bought a 92 SE to replace my 90 GXE and the 92 seats are beat up and all gross looking. So i have to replace them anyways thats why i am looking at racing seats. But as for the position i could probably just set them up in a comfortable position and leave them at that, could i not?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:05 AM

if the seats dont hold you have you tried a seatbelt?? lol just kidding, id get the adjustable ones, because who knows if youll regret it later, being stuck with one position seats. i know i couldnt handle that.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:51 AM
STFU n00b!

you can adjust the incline on them a bit, but the back slope relative to the butt portion is fixed (obviously). If you don't like that setup, you're screwed pretty much. Even if you got the seats at a good deal (which you don't anymore.. corbeau dealers, even the discount ones, all sell at about the same price.).. so even if you got a good deal on them, mounted them, then hated them, you're going to be out several hundred bucks if you try to sell them on ebay or anything.

If you just want some seats that feel better, look at some 300ZX seats. they're much cheaper and will hold you in place just as well... Here's a few pics of the beat up set I had in my 93 GXE for a while..
http://www.mattblehm.com/pics/old_max/car/seats/
Old 03-29-2005, 07:00 AM

Well i found a place for those seats that will sell them for 212.00 and they give you free shipping. To me that doesnt seem like a huge investment, because the sliders will be like 75 dollars more, but even if i didnt like the seats the sliders would still work on another set of Corbeau seats. Im thinking i might just buy one seat first and see if i like it. If not i dont think it would be too much of a loss, i can always sit around in my room in it, haha.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:00 AM
STFU n00b!

They usually don't sell the seats singly on the Corbeaus...
the reclining ones are L/R pairs, so be aware of that as well. the fixed mount ones may not be side-specific, but don't get caught with your pants down.

IMO, you're still making a $600 mistake if you buy fixed position seats for street use.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:55 AM

For the reclining ones, what are the most inexpensive corbeau's that you would recommend?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:09 PM
STFU n00b!

The ones I have- CR-1 (Carerra) are the cheapest I would mess with. The A4 looks close, but doesn't fit quite like the CR-1 and I wasn't really impressed with it.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
If you have a GF and buy those seats, you'll be driving/riding in her car from then on, trust me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

P.S.: Those seats are butt ugly (technical term), btw. But then again, beauty is only skin deep, or at least that's what all the ugly people say.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:30 PM

I really dont think those seats are that ugly. Red wouldnt be the color i would get, i would be getting black,and i think they look just fine. But then again what would i know, because i am straight.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by mtnbikeair
I really dont think those seats are that ugly. Red wouldnt be the color i would get, i would be getting black,and i think they look just fine. But then again what would i know, because i am straight.
And that last part has anything to do with anything because.....?

Corbeau should realize that bucket seats don't mean that one should literally have to sit in a bucket draped in cloth.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:35 AM

why does it look likes a childs seat?? do you really think they are a great investiment if youre never going to the track or autoX?
scenerio: say they didnt recline and youve had them in for awhile.....youre uncomfortable and want to recline back rather than 24/7 race mode...what do you do??

if youre set on racing seats, get adjustable ones...just my 2 cents.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:54 PM

See i understand where you guys are coming from the reclining thing, and i dont disagree with you at all. The thing is i never recline my seat, its stays in one spot unless some one else is driving my car. And then if they dont like it thats their problem because they are in my car.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:01 PM

I would definitely sit in them if you havn't already, you don't want to be stuck with $600 worth of uncomfortable seats. You know, some people can't even fit in racing seats because they are so snug, that may be something you want to consider...so if you have a thing for fat chicks then you might want to keep that in mind, "hey baby, I really want to take you out but you'de have to sit in my back seat because..." how will you explain that one?

Seriously though, try to find someone in your area with racing seats that you can try out ahead of time, I know I was able to sit in a few at the auto show, maybe you could even hang out at the track or something and try them out there.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:03 PM

Before you buy them you should really try them out to see if you like them. The Sparco Torino seats I have in my max are more comfortable than my stock ones so I did not mind putting them in. They just fit my body shape. Some of my bigger friends do not ride with me any more cause this seat is designed for small to medium people. So it really depends on how well the seats fit you. Although It is kind of a hassle to get in and out of the car. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=386516
Old 03-30-2005, 03:25 PM

Im not a really really big guy, i wear 32" pants, im 6 feet and weigh about 180. Who would have ever thought buying seats would be so hard, and expensive none the less.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:24 PM

Cheocwa-Those look really good, do you know how much they weigh with the brackets included? Even if you don't know the exact weight I'm curious if they feel much lighter than the stock seats. And BTW, I didn't even know that your car was green, it looks great.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by jwmaxse2
Cheocwa-Those look really good, do you know how much they weigh with the brackets included? Even if you don't know the exact weight I'm curious if they feel much lighter than the stock seats. And BTW, I didn't even know that your car was green, it looks great.
The seats with the brackets weigh more than the stock seats. It is about the same weight for driver side but noticeably heavier on the passenger side. The reason is because the seats are actually street legal recliners as well as race legal so they are very strong. I really do not mind since they hold me so well. Not to mention they fact that they are lower which gives the car such a sporty feel.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
why does it look likes a childs seat??

Want something that'll grip but still look nice... Nice soft plush leather. Not the stretched stuff, that's like sitting on grease. But soft plush leather grips really well. Sucks on those hot days...

But since when do you try anything with your gf during the day?