3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Max was stolen

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 03:53 PM

Max was stolen

My Maxima was stolen a couple of weeks ago. The thief broke the passenger window to gain access, busted the ignition, and used a screwdriver to start the car. He took it about 10 miles from my home where he carefully uninstalled all of my stereo equipment. Now I'm deciding whether I want to keep the car after the police found it about 5hrs after I reported it (of course they didn't fingerprint it, that would be too much like trying to fight crime). I obviously have security concerns now. I want to know how he was able to defeat the OEM security to start the car, and what can I do to augment it, if I decide to keep the car.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:00 PM

shave all the doors handels, get some lexan windows, and cover up the ignition and get remote start, then it will be a freakin batmobile

but seriously man im sorry to hear that about your car, im not big on security so i cant offer much help...but if i had to say anything just get a monster security system and make sure its hella sensitive
Old 09-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

use THE CLUB. it will take a little longer to start
Old 09-13-2004, 05:39 PM
mod or sell?

it's called pull the ECM fuse or rig a kill switch.
Both are butt simple and fairly effective
Old 09-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Way out West

crap, your car has a distributor. Just take out the coil plug every night. I used to do that when my parents made me park my car out on the street.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Moved on to BMW's :(

Originally Posted by internetautomar
it's called pull the ECM fuse or rig a kill switch.
Both are butt simple and fairly effective
He may be onto something here: you could pull the ECM fuse, and wire a switch in its place (with an inline fuse for circuit protection). Flip the switch when you leave the car, and it ain't NEVER gonna start no matter how crafty your thief may be.

Sorry about your misfortune. What did you lose for equipment?
Old 09-13-2004, 07:16 PM

you kind of lose in the end but have a lot of satisfaction unless your friends were playing a joke but what'd be cool is to setup a self destruct mode in case of theft. it locks the doors with them in there and blows the **** up...

i hate thieves. some idiot stole the face plate of the TAPE DECK from the gxe. what kind of ****ing idiot would steel the face plate of a Aiwa TAPE DECK that probably costs no more than 10 dollars?!?! ****ing idiots. (this was in wichita, ks btw, which is where cops are more concerned about street racers than drunk drivers, theft, and just about anything else).
Old 09-13-2004, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Geerhed
Flip the switch when you leave the car, and it ain't NEVER gonna start no matter how crafty your thief may be.
umm, unless they find the switch i have a starter kill switch, hardly use it, when i do and go to start my car im always like wtf! then i hate the swtich and am like
Old 09-13-2004, 07:41 PM

get a crime stopper alarm..then install a kill swithc for the ignition.also u should get a club
Old 09-13-2004, 07:45 PM

try this link http://www.geocities.com/craigbrace/
Old 09-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by mtcookson
you kind of lose in the end but have a lot of satisfaction unless your friends were playing a joke but what'd be cool is to setup a self destruct mode in case of theft. it locks the doors with them in there and blows the **** up...

i hate thieves. some idiot stole the face plate of the TAPE DECK from the gxe. what kind of ****ing idiot would steel the face plate of a Aiwa TAPE DECK that probably costs no more than 10 dollars?!?! ****ing idiots. (this was in wichita, ks btw, which is where cops are more concerned about street racers than drunk drivers, theft, and just about anything else).
I'm with mtcookson on this one. I wish it were legal to defend your property with deadly force sometimes. I mean, it's not like the jerks don't know it's wrong, or that it shouldn't be done. Only reason they do it is cause they know that chances are good nothing will happen to them....not enough conseqences for actions these days, IMHO.....
Old 09-13-2004, 08:36 PM

i also agree.. if u catch a guy trying to steal ur car u should be able to get the slugger on him..bu then again if he gets scared and falls on ur driveway, he'll sue ur *** off..then u beat him down
Old 09-13-2004, 10:14 PM

if someone tried stealing stuff it'd more than likely be quite some time before he'd be able to sue. he'd either be put in a coma or he'd be dead. either one... i don't take theft lightly.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Way out West

**OT** kind of...

Yeah I hate theives with a passion. I had my car broken into in college and the morons cut every wire under my hood (including the spark plug wires!) trying to disable the alarm. They eventually tore out the brain of the alarm (under the dash, they kept it, too) and all they stole was an amp that I was using temporarily until I could buy a good one. I think it cost me $40 and was a Sherwood 240 or something.

About five years ago these little jerkoffs broke into my garage (where my Celica convertible was) and it woke up my wife, who woke me up. I chased them down the street with my AR-15 and I was SOOOOO pi$$ed that if they had not had their backs to me, one or more of them would be dead. Breaking into my own house with me home. argh

OK, sorry about that, just had to vent that a little.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:59 AM
mod or sell?

if someone breaks in to your HOUSE, you can shot them. just be sure you kill them, if you don't they'll sue the **** out of ya. If they're dead they can't do squat.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:08 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

c'mon guys...you put all these electronics in your car and all you do to protect them is rely on the 10yr old factory BS that any rookie can by pass.

get yourself an alarm...a decent one that's installed properly...the club "help".

your car was pretty much easy pray. do you blast the radio often when you're in your neighborhood?