3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Leaving my VE, moving on to something else.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 09:00 AM

Leaving my VE, moving on to something else.

I am moving on from the maxima. I've had one problems with it and can't find a solution to it and I just can't live with it anymore. I've replaced a lot of parts and problem still remains. I have hesitation and it still continues. To name a few parts I've changed are; MAF, Injector, IACV, Coils, fuel pump assembly, fuel pump to a walbro 255lph, a lot of testing on the harness by my mechanic and the problem just seems not to be found and its definitely electrical. There is one more part we are going to try and see if its the problem because all of a sudden my car is throwing the CPS code and Mr.Gone is shipping me a CPS to try out and I should be getting it by Tuesday. Well if it fixes the problem, I am going to sell the car as a whole if not I am going to pull the plug and part it out to the last bolt. My maxima is mint especially my interior and exterior also it has 91,000 miles, I am ****ed that it has this problem at this mileage. All these aftermarket parts will be up for grabs and also the stuff on the car such as the tranny, motor, mounts etc, if parted I am going to sell to the last bolt and junk the frame.

Performance:
Stillen HI-FLOW Intake
FRANKENCAR Mid-Pipe (RED)
ASP Under Drive Pulley
Warpspeed Performance SS Y-Pipe
Carsound Catalytic Converter
Greddy SP Exhaust System
AASCO Flywheel
ACT HDMM Clutch Kit
Stillen Short Throw Shifter
BlehmCo Ground Strap Kit

Suspension:
Tokico Blue Shocks
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Suspension Techniques Sway Bar Kit
2002-2003 Front FSTB
BlehmCo Stage II lower Tie Bar
BlehmCo Rear Sway Bar Links

Other Mods:
2k1 Anniversary Edition Shift ****
Greddy Oil Filler Cap (Chrome)
Greddy Radiator Cap
Brembo Rotors
Stillen Brake Pads
SPW Industries HID PLUS 7500K Kit
Stillen Battery Tie-Down Bar
Clear Corners

So by Tuesday night I will be updating this thread stating if I am going to part it or sell it. I just wanted to post this up so you guys can start having an idea of what parts you might want and please make a reasonable offer, I feel horrible that I will be parting it and parting with the car, I don't want to deal with bull****, its been an amazing car and I'll never say it was a bad car because its been nothing but good to me and its a quick car for its age. Here is the cardomain address so you can see pics of my max www.cardomain.com/id/dsta92se It sucks that I have to do this even my Mom doesn't like the idea but I just can't live this problem anymore. If anyone wants the whole car I am willing to take an offer with it if someone wants to take the problem into their owns hands.

MY AIM IS; bastoculo
E-mail: bastoculo@aol.com
feel free to i.m. me
Thanks,
Diego W.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Way out West

You wanna hear something funny?

My maxima has the exact same f*cking problem. I am about ready to drive it into the Columbia River, say it was stolen and take the insurance money. I have a few more things to go through, though before I get to that. My mechanic swears it is the ECU, so I am trying to get one, too.

That's all. Had to vent a little, too.

Good luck.

BTW, I got dibs on your eibachs, sway bar, shift ****, STS and frankencar mid pipe.

chris
Old 03-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

sorry to hear that it has to end like this...but i wish you the best of luck in all you do and whatever you get.

i'll take the greddy caps.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:34 AM

Yea guys not a prob and thanks for the kind words. I changed the ECU same crap still. By Tuesday I will update with whats going on.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:38 AM

if you part out the car, im interested in the passenger front door, stillen brake pads, and the y pipe. let me know. thanks!

--atulb84
Old 03-21-2004, 09:42 AM

Man sorry to hear about your crappy luck with the max What are you thinking about getting?

I'd be interested in your shift ****, rotors and cat....
Old 03-21-2004, 09:44 AM

I got dibs on the AE shift ****.

Yeah, I got hesitation with mine too, was reading up last night about sensors. Try your coolant temp sensor. I bought one at auto zone for $19 and gonna pop it in after lunch here. Because it makes sense that my car gives me the hesitation and loss of power and major loss of fuel economy after the engine is fully warmed up. That was the symptoms of a bad coolant temp sensor.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:46 AM

Man, and at only 91k miles too That car should still have a long life ahead of it. Hope you'll fix the problem, if not, best of luck to you and your next car

I'm interested in the stillen intake, don't remember if it's the same one for the VG though.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:57 AM

The adapter for the stillen intake will work because all the MAFs are the same but I don't know if the bracket that holds the assembly up will it.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:11 AM

Guys the hesitation is not hard to fix . It is usually aftermarket plugs . Bad Coils and or Coil Boots . Or weak ground to CAS . Not a big deal . Dont have to sell your cars to fix it !
Old 03-21-2004, 10:18 AM

ok like i didn't try that already, thanks for the solution.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by spddracer
Guys the hesitation is not hard to fix . It is usually aftermarket plugs . Bad Coils and or Coil Boots . Or weak ground to CAS . Not a big deal . Dont have to sell your cars to fix it !
Please read the initial post before replying. He stated he already changed the coils.

The bracket doesn't need to be used though right? I know it'll move around without it, but it shouldn't pose a problem.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:39 AM

Hey if its fine with you, its fine with me Glad I have some interest in my parts. Ok guys I don't know if I can post today but I will be online on AIM, feel free to AIM me at bastoculo
Old 03-21-2004, 10:41 AM

With what ? New coils used coils ? Did he change the coil boots also ? I would help but I guess you guys know everything already .. Wonder why the car doesnt run right ?
Old 03-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

so let me get this straight even if the CAS fixes the hesitation your still going to sell the car. WHY?

on a side note the coils were causeing my hesitation but there obvoiusly not your problem

well good luck
Old 03-21-2004, 10:54 AM

I got dibs on the short throw shifter if it will fit my '92 SE. PM me with the price when you decide or I'll just check the forum.
Hey, my VE has problems after it warms up too. Does yours only hesitate after its warm D-sta? ArcticDC5, let me know if you find out what is wrong with yours too. My problem sounds similar and maybe we can figure it out. I have already changed the coolent temp sensor, fuel injectors, fuel filter, spark plugs, knock sensor and harness, pcv valve, and cleaned out the motor with BG cleaner. Mine works a little better now, but when it warms up it's still the same crap. Works much better when I bypass the knock sensor but I think the KS is just doing it's job. PM me and let me know if the coolant temp sensor changes anything. It's a shame that a motor that should be reliable and quick, has this many problems. Makes me want a VG.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:16 AM

If it gets fixed I am still going to sell it. I want something different, it was in the plans already for while. I didn't buy the maxima it was given to me by my brother, it was my first car, now its time for me to move on to something more sportier and I guess better. My sig is a clue to what I am getting but not anytime soon, I will be driving a 1992 Accord for a while until I save up for my next car.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:24 AM

wow.. i seriously had to shake my head and refresh the page because i couldnt believe it..

so all this is basically one problem that youve been continuously troubleshooting with andy?

i cant see you letting this car go, the legendary "factory freak". hell look at my problem, im doing the entire engine over, tying up some odds and ends around the car, then im basically finished and it'll be a long-time keeper for me. Anyhow In the end its whatevers best for you.. If you need a hand ill try to be available and take a ride out and help you out with the parts and whatnot

lol im almost temped to buy the whole car but there are a few parts im iterested in..
- STS
- Blehmco bars/links
- stillen battery bar
- fog bulbs
- and maybe the SEL rims/tires - i had a blowout the other day so im down a tire and no i dont want to look like craig with one sel so ill buy the set lol
- probably some other little BS that i cant think of right now..

good luck with everything, and you still need to come to all our meets

..lemme guess what the next ride is?
Old 03-21-2004, 11:26 AM

Joe, you know what my next car is . Yea see I would make it a keeper but you know I am looking for something else to be a keeper, something better to me that I will be happier with. I will come to the meets for sure, the Maxima meets are always fun but the beemer meet was fun yesterday, we took a pic of stans car on the move check it out

here's the album of the meet, the BMW meets are fun also http://www.eurowerkz.com/njmeet/index.htm
Old 03-21-2004, 11:48 AM

Dibs on lots o stuff

accept mustang as payment?
Old 03-21-2004, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Maximan190
- and maybe the SEL rims/tires - i had a blowout the other day so im down a tire and no i dont want to look like craig with one sel so ill buy the set lol
I was happy with regular SE 5spokes until everyone like you started copying me so then I got the one SE-L to be different

SE-L POWER!!!

Diego - sorry to see you go, you've got a very nice looking car, too bad it isn't running as well as it looks. I wish I could help diagnose the problem but it sounds like you and your mechanic have done plenty of that and tried lots of different things.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Loved by MrGone longtime

dibs on hids and maybe leather
Old 03-21-2004, 12:26 PM

Now I'm thinking about the whole car lol.

wont happen but still
Old 03-21-2004, 12:34 PM

thanks for the kind words friends
Old 03-21-2004, 01:01 PM

If nobody has dibs on it already I want the UDP and the lightened flywheel... and your gas door.. and the front FSTB...PM me with a price if you decide to part it out
Old 03-21-2004, 01:06 PM

well i will get back to everyone on Tuesday
Old 03-21-2004, 01:47 PM

cool, pm me how much you're thinking of selling that intake, or hit me up on AIM
Old 03-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Im izz sexay

How much for CAT converter?
Old 03-21-2004, 03:54 PM

Tuesday I will decide on prices
Old 03-21-2004, 04:50 PM

Mustang forsale........

1968.... 289 v8...... coupe...... need to readjust the rockers so it sounds like it has a big cam in it

Hey Diego, get my package yet

how bout now? hehehhee
Old 03-21-2004, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by D-sta
Joe, you know what my next car is . Yea see I would make it a keeper but you know I am looking for something else to be a keeper, something better to me that I will be happier with. I will come to the meets for sure, the Maxima meets are always fun but the beemer meet was fun yesterday, we took a pic of stans car on the move check it out

here's the album of the meet, the BMW meets are fun also http://www.eurowerkz.com/njmeet/index.htm
Dude, I'd help you fix/diagnose it, but since you don't plan on keeping it, it kinda takes the fun outta fixing it
Old 03-21-2004, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by eric93SE
Dude, I'd help you fix/diagnose it, but since you don't plan on keeping it, it kinda takes the fun outta fixing it
maybe you can buy the whole car
Old 03-21-2004, 09:03 PM

how much do you want for the car, as it sits right now?
Old 03-22-2004, 11:14 AM
1993 SE

Im interested in these
ASP Under Drive Pulley
Greddy SP Exhaust System

Stillen Short Throw Shifter
BlehmCo Ground Strap Kit

Suspension:
Tokico Blue Shocks
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Suspension Techniques Sway Bar Kit

BlehmCo Stage II lower Tie Bar
BlehmCo Rear Sway Bar Links

Brembo Rotors
Old 03-22-2004, 02:19 PM

working yet?
Old 03-22-2004, 02:48 PM

Hesitation

Just for grins, have you changed the PCV valve? I changed mine recently and it helped the hesitation quite a bit.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:26 AM

Does it run better with less than half of a tank of gas in it? I think I noticed that mine does and maybe it has something to do with the fuel tank venting or something. If it is not working correctly, too much of a vacuum will be created in the tank and the pump has a hard time doing its job, even if it does work fine. I am still checking into it on mine.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:56 AM

Diego!!!!!!!! Hell really must have froze over. I cannot believe that this is how its gonna end. No way bro. Keep it. And as your friend and close near by neighbor i get dibs on parts

But all in seriousness. That makes me hurt inside since i kept passing to andy's and seeing the max on life support for the past weeks. Any thoughts that it could be the wiring harness for the engine? Damn bro the factor freak is no more. No more twin jokes.. No More Fire( Jay) Water( Me) Ice (you) Tides (Juan (get it tides rises and falls ) )oh and Earth( there you go Joe).... Damn NYC 3rd gen brothern are one less.

diego i need a cat.. mines is shot, can we switch?
Old 03-24-2004, 08:59 AM

hrrm.. joe i hope you have some money....... now its the time to grab somethings..

j/k

diego what about the engine is that the problem....
Old 03-24-2004, 09:20 AM

im not sure how an engine could cause that problem

it could be the actual engine harness if thats the only thing you havnt changed

Quick Reply: Leaving my VE, moving on to something else.