3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Question regarding extra parts required for upgraded suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 04:29 AM

Question regarding extra parts required for upgraded suspension

Heya all, stupid n00b question here that I think I already have an answer to, but after my little fiasco with buying bimmer lights *cough, cough*, I thought I'd ask...
I'm about to order an Eibach/Tokico set for my GXE, and I was wondering if there were any extra mounting brackets/plates/bubblegum that I need to order as well as the suspension (I'm also going to order a camber kit to go with it) or if they'll bolt on/come included with the suspension.
Thanks all!
Old 04-16-2003, 07:17 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Question regarding extra parts required for upgraded suspension

Originally posted by Taegost
Heya all, stupid n00b question here that I think I already have an answer to, but after my little fiasco with buying bimmer lights *cough, cough*, I thought I'd ask...
I'm about to order an Eibach/Tokico set for my GXE, and I was wondering if there were any extra mounting brackets/plates/bubblegum that I need to order as well as the suspension (I'm also going to order a camber kit to go with it) or if they'll bolt on/come included with the suspension.
Thanks all!
bump stop/dust boots, strut mounts, and while your at it might as well rebuild the rear suspension with all new bushings and the front with control arm bushings.

I did all that because mine was pretty worn and the parts arent that expensive. I have a brand new car suspension wise though...I did strut bearings too just for the heck of it but really didnt need it.

I think the general concensus is to replace bump stops/dust boot and strut mounts.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:32 AM

Re: Re: Question regarding extra parts required for upgraded suspension

Originally posted by awsm66

bump stop/dust boots, strut mounts, and while your at it might as well rebuild the rear suspension with all new bushings and the front with control arm bushings.

I did all that because mine was pretty worn and the parts arent that expensive. I have a brand new car suspension wise though...I did strut bearings too just for the heck of it but really didnt need it.

I think the general concensus is to replace bump stops/dust boot and strut mounts.
Alrighty, guess I'll give Kaleb a call at Courtesy for that stuff I wasn't sure if I needed anything special just to mount them, thanks for the input!