3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

OT (but probably worth noting...)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 10:10 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

OT (but probably worth noting...)

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a sudden (by sudden, I mean over the course of the last few weeks) influx of "newbies" and "I just posted something" folks asking questions that a simple search would likely answer??

If Matt and Bill have taught us ANYTHING, it's the search feature is our friend!!!

Just a thought, moderators... feel free to lock/delete it.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

u can sit here until you're blue and tell people to search.
but there will always be people out there that demand us to help them.
ones that refuse to search and expects us to give them what they need in detail.

help the ones who help themselves.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by DanNY
ones that refuse to search and expects us to give them what they need in detail.

sometime you can search for hours and never catch on until someone tells you where to look. what is the point of having the knowledge if you can't share it? you learn more from teaching then you do from reading!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:28 AM
I'm needing a caw

It comes down to this... how many times can you answer the same question? After the 10th time, it gets old. And you tell the person to search because you know it's here(written) at least ten times before.

Originally posted by thacker

sometime you can search for hours and never catch on until someone tells you where to look. what is the point of having the knowledge if you can't share it? you learn more from teaching then you do from reading!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:30 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: OT (but probably worth noting...)

I have a GXE and its hella fast yo!!! can I put a "search" in my Maxima?? if so how much HP will it add?? how much is the install about and can I beat my brothers go kart with it?? I always hear people talking about this search bull****, but I don't know where to get one....SOMEONE TELL ME NOW, I WANT THIS ON MY CAR!!!!! and what else should I put on my car, I heard FAQ is a cool mod too, but where can I get it?? how much does it cost?? will it make my car hella fast yo to the 10th power...I NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2002, 10:35 AM

Re: Re: OT (but probably worth noting...)

Originally posted by DA-MAX
I have a GXE and its hella fast yo!!! can I put a "search" in my Maxima?? if so how much HP will it add?? how much is the install about and can I beat my brothers go kart with it?? I always hear people talking about this search bull****, but I don't know where to get one....SOMEONE TELL ME NOW, I WANT THIS ON MY CAR!!!!! and what else should I put on my car, I heard FAQ is a cool mod too, but where can I get it?? how much does it cost?? will it make my car hella fast yo to the 10th power...I NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2002, 11:04 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Old 09-19-2002, 02:25 PM

Old 09-19-2002, 03:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by Jeff92se
It comes down to this... how many times can you answer the same question? After the 10th time, it gets old. And you tell the person to search because you know it's here(written) at least ten times before.

tell me something fellas,maybe i got the wrong idea...this is for jeff and all the hot shots who get tired of the same old questions from newbies like me.isnt this site here to help
maxima fans with their car problems,mods,etc? thats what i thought...
how could i be so stupid...if youve heard the question a million times
is it so hard to direct the person on what way to go about the search?
i use the search and its not always helpful or maybe im not searching
the right way,who knows.it just makes me think you guys think youre
s**t dont stink cause you have the knowledge and we dont.....peace
Old 09-19-2002, 03:40 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

you have a point, but in ALL HONESTY tell me you don't get any results when you type in "cold air intake" "engine swap" or "muffler" into the search...these are the questions that are very common and are asked every week....why continually cludder the board and let more worthwhile and uncommon questions and threads through

Originally posted by BIGDRU9
tell me something fellas,maybe i got the wrong idea...this is for jeff and all the hot shots who get tired of the same old questions from newbies like me.isnt this site here to help
maxima fans with their car problems,mods,etc? thats what i thought...
how could i be so stupid...if youve heard the question a million times
is it so hard to direct the person on what way to go about the search?
i use the search and its not always helpful or maybe im not searching
the right way,who knows.it just makes me think you guys think youre
s**t dont stink cause you have the knowledge and we dont.....peace
Old 09-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DA-MAX
[B]you have a point, but in ALL HONESTY tell me you don't get any results when you type in "cold air intake" "engine swap" or "muffler" into the search...these are the questions that are very common and are asked every week....why continually cludder the board and let more worthwhile and uncommon questions and threads through

youre right...but when you search for those three things
you just mentioned,you get a s**t load of information because
i think they are three of the most talked about subjects on this
site....i maybe wrong about that iam a newbie...but i dont think people need
to be insulted or made small...know wat i mean?...hey the board is
always goin to be cluddered with common questions...i posted a
question about my tranny last week...im still waiting for a answer.
i did a search but didnt find anything conclusive...i see my question
was ignored so i guess i will be on my own.
Old 09-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by BIGDRU9
youre right...but when you search for those three things
you just mentioned,you get a s**t load of information because
i think they are three of the most talked about subjects on this
site....
your exactly right!!! and thats why we say "use the search" since the info is all there in one form or another! so if that means searching through the archives(which I have done MANY times), thats what has to be done, if it wasn't there, then there would be an argument...sometimes its quicker to do that than post a thread and wait for an answer! plus there are these is one thread at the top of the page, specifically for new members to help clear up stuff like this, the first sentance says it all-->

"Please use the search function before you post a question. Chances are, it's been discussed before on this forum."-->
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=121625

as for your tranny question...how can you rightfully say it was ignored?? I'm sure you know every question posted can't be answered, either because someone didn't know the answer or just because it got lost amaongst the other threads...its happen to me before, but I have my alternatives! the simplest thing to do if your question gets lost amongst the threads is to "bump" it back up to the top once or twice the next day or something(not everyday) and see what happens.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

your exactly right!!! and thats why we say "use the search" since the info is all there in one form or another! so if that means searching through the archives(which I have done MANY times), thats what has to be done, if it wasn't there, then there would be an argument...sometimes its quicker to do that than post a thread and wait for an answer! plus there are these is one thread at the top of the page, specifically for new members to help clear up stuff like this, the first sentance says it all-->

"Please use the search function before you post a question. Chances are, it's been discussed before on this forum."-->
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=121625

as for your tranny question...how can you rightfully say it was ignored?? I'm sure you know every question posted can't be answered, either because someone didn't know the answer or just because it got lost amaongst the other threads...its happen to me before, but I have my alternatives! the simplest thing to do if your question gets lost amongst the threads is to "bump" it back up to the top once or twice the next day or something(not everyday) and see what happens.
youre right...i cant really say it was ignored...maybe i will
try bumping it back to the top like you said....thx.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:41 PM

I helps to limit your search to the 3rd gen board and just search the topics. Then you can go through each thread and scan for good info, when you find something good you can then read it carefully. When I started reading on here I would actually sit and make notes on paper and bookmark helpful threads. Good luck with searching guys, I promise it works and its the fastest way to get the info you need.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by DanNY hey DanNY,whos demanding your help

Old 09-19-2002, 10:11 PM

some of you guys are way to uptight.Craig B, great web site packed wth info,thanks
Old 09-19-2002, 10:12 PM

Originally posted by mgictch2
some of you guys are way to uptight.
yo momma
Old 09-19-2002, 10:18 PM

sudesh your so silly
Old 09-19-2002, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by mgictch2
sudesh your so silly
I got it from YO momma.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by Sudesh

I got it from YO momma.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:25 PM

sudesh your so silly.even your name is silly
Old 09-20-2002, 07:45 AM
Getting back to his roots

Read the FAQs

One thing I wish is that the FAQ's become "required reading" for people just signing up. Alot of times, they ask about performance upgrades that are outlined clearly and concisly in the FAQ's. My $0.02. As an aside, if people didnt ask about common topics so often, then they wouldn't have to sift through the "garbage" posts of the 10 newbs before them that asked the same thing and got nothing.