3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

rewiring 3rd gen corners

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 01:07 PM

rewiring 3rd gen corners

anyone know how to re-wire 3rd gen corners to 27W? i did a search on this and the only information i found on it was about 4th gen corner rewires... theres also some information about 97-99 rewires on maximadriver.com ... i was wonderin if anyone knows anything or could give me some info - thanks
Old 09-08-2002, 01:51 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Jeff, I don't get it.... are you trying to rewire the corners to a different voltage or just do the rewire thing where the corners stay on/stay bright when the parking lights are on as opposed to only when you flip your turn signals on?

Because if you're asking about the latter, just check Craig's website for that.
Old 09-08-2002, 01:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by nubiannupe
Jeff, I don't get it.... are you trying to rewire the corners to a different voltage or just do the rewire thing where the corners stay on/stay bright when the parking lights are on as opposed to only when you flip your turn signals on?

27W is the rating of the high power filament in the corner bulb (it's 27/8 for high/low)

And yeah, it's on my page and in the FAQ post. I'm not sure how it didn't come up when you searched for it, maybe try limiting the search to 3rd gen forum next time
Old 09-08-2002, 01:56 PM

im tryin to rewire it so the bulb is on at 27v all the time instead of 5
Old 09-08-2002, 02:05 PM

I saw this somewhere in a post. I wanted to do the same thing too but all you have to do is file off the higher nub or nipple or whatever you want to call it. The bulb has two of those and you just have to file the higher one and viola instant 27w usage. I did this and it works. Hope this helps

Not sure what to put here yet.
Old 09-08-2002, 02:23 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Shugarhi

im tryin to rewire it so the bulb is on at 27v all the time instead of 5
Note to Craig:

Dude, I should be your personal advertising exec! I seem to be answering about 2 posts/week with "check Craig's site".

Oh, and here ya go, Jeff:
Rewire area
Old 09-08-2002, 02:26 PM

a sort of unrelated question, but i was wondering if anyone elses passenger side clear corners have a huge gap underneath them? (like they stick out from the side of the car)... i was playing around with them for hours when i first put them in... but for some reason they wont go in snugly... and i dont think the bmw conversion has anything to do with it... anyone else got this dilemma?
Old 09-08-2002, 02:42 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Shugarhi
a sort of unrelated question, but i was wondering if anyone elses passenger side clear corners have a huge gap underneath them? (like they stick out from the side of the car)... i was playing around with them for hours when i first put them in... but for some reason they wont go in snugly... and i dont think the bmw conversion has anything to do with it... anyone else got this dilemma?
I know one of mine sticks out, but I don't remember off the top of my head which one... it might be the same one as yours.
Old 09-08-2002, 02:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Note to Craig:

Dude, I should be your personal advertising exec! I seem to be answering about 2 posts/week with "check Craig's site".

Oh, and here ya go, Jeff:
Rewire area
yeah, I've noticed that recently. If you make it down to Atlanta sometime, I'll rewire your fogs and corners for free
I have a ton of posts too that just say "check my page in the how-to" or something like that

AND YES, THE REWIRE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR IS ON THOSE PAGES LIKE NUBIANNUPE AND I SAID IN THE FIRST 2 POSTS
Old 09-08-2002, 10:15 PM

my passenger side clear corner won't fit right either. It sticks out about half a cm. And recently some one hit my car while i was getting my hair cut. And though it looks like no body damage was done, My driver side corner light popped out. The plastic thing that the corner light snaps into is broken, wehre do y'all think i can get a new one?
Old 09-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by disgookonfiya
The plastic thing that the corner light snaps into is broken, wehre do y'all think i can get a new one?
Nissan sells 'em for $25 ****ing crooks....try to goto a junk yard and snag them off of a junked Max.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:35 PM

i dunno where y'all from bbut there are no max's in the junyards around here. I live in new orleans and all the junk yard's that they do have, has at the most 1-2 max's and they are totally stripped of everything. They basically leave just the shell of the car. I guess all the max's around here are still on the road.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:18 PM

My passenger side corner light sticks out too!! and the same with my old VG. I thought it was just me, or my max got hit at some point, but it seems to be a trend.

BTW: The PolarG 35W 1157 bulbs are really nice and bright!