1st-3rd Generations Classifieds (1981-1994) No superchargers in here, but you will find other useful parts and accessories.

WTB: To those parting out your cars....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:33 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

WTB: To those parting out your cars....

I decided that I was gonna go ahead and do the auto climate control (ACC) conversion that Craig Brace so eloquently outlined on his website (www.geocities.com/craigbrace/) . I found a donor car not too long ago with everything I needed to pull the job off. However, in my zeal to get all the necessary parts, I neglected to get two things:
  • Air mix door motor harness
  • Fan control amp harness

If you go to Craig's website, you can clearly see a pic of the first harness plugged into the actual air mix door motor. And although there wasn't a pic of the fan control amp or it's harness, there's a pretty good description of where to find it on the car.

I was hoping that someone that's parting their car out would have these two things and are willing to sell them to me. If so, PM me with a price - shipped - to 97701. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:12 AM

I'll see what I have packed away, I wish you needed control units, I have a bunch of those. BTW, there is an error in Craig's writeup regarding the colors in the mode door motor section.

The inake door motor connector was missing when I bought my parts from another member a couple years back, luckily the same connector exists elsewhere on every model (forgot location), I had to add a wire to the connector to make it work though. I don't remember if this is possible for your situation or not. The resistor has 2 wires compared to the FCA's 3 correct? Does the connector fit the FCA at all? I do remember the mix motor connector being completely different though.

Last edited by Hectic; 05-05-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:37 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

I'm gonna have to check on the FCA wiring, as I pretty much went down the list he had, when I ran across that car in the junkyard a couple of months back. I'll PM you and we can bounce ideas around. I figured I'd get this project off the ground while waiting on my tranny 'issues' to resolve themselves.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:04 PM

Well I gathered all my spare parts and I do have both connectors, but i'd be breaking up full conversion kits. At least in regards to the air mix motor, I only have two of those and I have over 2 full kits... I do have 4 FCA connectors though, so it wouldn't really matter if I got rid of one, I don't have enough parts for 4 conversions..

But I figured out a solution to both missing connectors. You can use a manual CC resistor connector, it's the same connector only it has 4 wires compared to the fan control amp's 3. For the mix motor, you can use a clock connector, both have 5 wires, but you'll need to relocate one of the wires in the clock connector.

Of course the wire colors are different so you'll have to use the FSM to match up pins according to the diagrams. But it should be a piece of cake considering your professional install experience. It's actually easier to look at the wiring diagrams when building the harness anyway. I used the diagrams first and then double checked my wiring by comparing it to Craig's "old blue to new green" guide. It's how I noticed the error in the write up, all wire colors are off by 1 pin in the mode door section. Probably an honest mistake when preparing the write up. I don't think he actually wired it that way or it wouldn't have worked..

Got OCD?

Last edited by Hectic; 05-05-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Ahhh.... I didn't know the manual CC had 4 wires (since I haven't taken apart my car just yet). And using the clock connector will work out great, since I don't use my clock anymore - I've substituted it with a rather impressive DEI timer module.

But if you DO wanna part with one of those FCA connectors, I'm gonna be in Portland next Saturday to pick up my stepdaughter from the airport - so I can hook up with you then, if possible.

...and yeah, OCD (or Monk, from the TV show) definately comes to mind when I see all the stuff you've got together, bro. lol
Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by nubiannupe
Ahhh.... I didn't know the manual CC had 4 wires (since I haven't taken apart my car just yet). And using the clock connector will work out great, since I don't use my clock anymore - I've substituted it with a rather impressive DEI timer module.

But if you DO wanna part with one of those FCA connectors, I'm gonna be in Portland next Saturday to pick up my stepdaughter from the airport - so I can hook up with you then, if possible.

...and yeah, OCD (or Monk, from the TV show) definately comes to mind when I see all the stuff you've got together, bro. lol
I'm pretty sure the resistor connector has 4 wires, I didn't check the connector either but I looked at the resistor that came from my car and it has 4 terminals. Regardless, you can have one of mine so it doesn't really matter.

Clock is worthless, damn thing needs fixed at least once a year

Anyway, keep in touch and we'll work something out for next Saturday.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:54 PM

good luck..
Old 05-08-2009, 03:35 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Hmmm Hectic so will you be selling either of your full kits or are you just hoarding them (I hoard VE 5 tranny's so I've got experience in the latter)?
Old 05-11-2009, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by James92SE
Hmmm Hectic so will you be selling either of your full kits or are you just hoarding them (I hoard VE 5 tranny's so I've got experience in the latter)?
At the moment, I only have one spare mix motor, the other two pictured are from M30's. I would have to give up the spare, but I will think about it. If you get really motivated to do the conversion, I might be willing to part with it.

But yeah, I'm a bit of a parts hoard, It's getting kind of ridiculous. One day I'm sure i'll start dumping a lot of stuff..

Last edited by Hectic; 05-11-2009 at 02:38 AM.