1/4 and 1/8 Mile Racing Talk about track times, launch techniques, strategies, etc. Check out the "Timeslips" subforum for posted times.No discussion of street racing will be tolerated.

NWP Engineering VE Auto does 12s!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:08 PM
NWP Engineering.com

NWP Engineering VE Auto does 12s!

Update: Video has been added for my 12.8 second run. Sorry for the crappy resolution.

12 sec 92 Maxima vs SC300

The VE Auto runs 12s with just a 50 shot!

I ran two 12.95s tonight with the 50 shot. Both hooked up pretty well. This is the best one out of the two.

RT .074
8.191 @ 82.384
12.957 @ 104.372

The 50 shot hooked up pretty well tonight since I have the front spring perches locked together now. I'm really happy I almost saw a 1.7 60 foot. It will come someday!

I had only ONE run that I was actually able to hook up while spraying the 75 shot on the launch. After that, the track prep got MUCH worse since they stopped spraying VHT down, plus the temps were quickly dropping below 42 degrees. The track was much better near the beginning of the night when the really fast cars were running.

Here is the best 75 shot nitrous run out of my three 75 shot attempts. My other 75 shot attempts resulted in 13 flat runs with 2.0 60 foots. I spun the slicks REALLY bad, especially since track prep went down hill right after my first and best 75 shot run. Here is the best run:

RT .116
8.141 @ 83.037
12.896 @ 104.559

Anyway, it's late. I just wanted to post before I pass out. At least I saw 12s tonight. I have the 50 shot figured out. It's the 75 shot I'm still scratching my head over. I haven't figured out the best way to get consistant launches. I had the 100 shot jets with me tonight, but since I couldn't get good results from the 75 shot, I figured it was useless. Plus, I think I am seeing detonation from my 2 step colder plugs, pump gas advanced timing program, with straight 110 leaded race fuel! I just can't understand how I could possibly be detonating. My timing isn't advanced that much since it's just a normal 93 octane NA program I'm using. My eyes are burning so bad right now from the race fuel. The ride home was miserable. lol But it was worth it!

12s BABY! How you like that!!!?

Last edited by Aaron92SE; 11-14-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Bacon Lover

Congrats on the times. With all the prep work and time you put into this, you deserve them!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:15 PM

great job! i knew this was going to be ur best track experience, you gotta love nitrous man!
you beat me to 12's!!!!!! im coming after your times
Old 11-09-2007, 10:33 PM
SLOW

hey congrats on 12s. what signs of detonation are you seeing?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:34 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
great job! i knew this was going to be ur best track experience, you gotta love nitrous man!
you beat me to 12's!!!!!! im coming after your times
Well, I'm going after low 12s.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:44 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
hey congrats on 12s. what signs of detonation are you seeing?
Well I ran my normal NA 93 octane program. It's a 13:1 AFR for daily driving. So I made sure to put in the right fuel jet to accomodate this. My average AFR tonight was 10.5:1.

I pulled a couple of my brand new plugs after a 50 shot run to see grey speckles on the white insulator. Last time I saw detonation on 93 octane gas, I saw black speckles like pepper. But this time, it was tiny silver dots, which i've read can still be detonation.

But there is just no way I'm detonating with this race fuel I'm running. Even with advanced timing, I should be ok. I might try to get another set of new plugs and try the 75 shot again to see what happens on the STOCK program with stock timing. If I see the same silver specks, then there's no way it was detonation.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:12 PM
3.5 in the works

Congrats Aaron, looks like the cables on the front struts helped.

Looking at your timeslip is also proof my stock internal 3.0 should have hit 12.9x last year... Almost identical 1/8 and 1/4 #'s, except my sixty foots were 1.7's.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:14 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
Well I ran my normal NA 93 octane program. It's a 13:1 AFR for daily driving. So I made sure to put in the right fuel jet to accomodate this. My average AFR tonight was 10.5:1.

I pulled a couple of my brand new plugs after a 50 shot run to see grey speckles on the white insulator. Last time I saw detonation on 93 octane gas, I saw black speckles like pepper. But this time, it was tiny silver dots, which i've read can still be detonation.

But there is just no way I'm detonating with this race fuel I'm running. Even with advanced timing, I should be ok. I might try to get another set of new plugs and try the 75 shot again to see what happens on the STOCK program with stock timing. If I see the same silver specks, then there's no way it was detonation.
Congrats! My guess is that you have too much spark advance - try the stock advance. I use about 10* max advance which never gave me speckles... Think about better slicks now. With all that tire-spinning, a larger diameter slick might be good. Then the 75-shot can hook up for you. I officially proclaim you to be a nitrous addict, and you may now join the secret society of N2OGasPassers. Addictive, isn't it?

This is really exciting - all that work and planning paid off! Isn't it great when a plan comes together? And on a 50-shot, too....

Last edited by grey99max; 11-10-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by DandyMax
Congrats Aaron, looks like the cables on the front struts helped.

Looking at your timeslip is also proof my stock internal 3.0 should have hit 12.9x last year... Almost identical 1/8 and 1/4 #'s, except my sixty foots were 1.7's.
Yeah, the front cables helped a LOT. My best 60 foot without them on the 50 shot was a 1.97. I just kept spinning the slicks, even on 12psi.

Well, now that I'm about 130lbs lighter than last time, plus my suspension was setup like I wanted it to, it was easy to get 1.82s with the 50 shot. But the 75 shot only hooked ONE time with that 1.80.

I have wider wheels on their way right now. Some 15x8 Rota Slipstreams will be here Monday. Right now, I'm using the 22x8x15 MT slicks on a 15x6 millenia wheel. I'm hoping the wider wheel allows for better traction with this slick. We'll see. I'm thinking about hitting the track again pretty soon with these new wheels. I'm going to keep my car in track mode for the next couple weeks and just drive my beater Stanza everywhere.

Originally Posted by grey99max
Congrats! My guess is that you have too much spark advance - try the stock advance. I use about 10* max advance which never gave me speckles... Think about better slicks now. With all that tire-spinning, a larger diameter slick might be good. Then the 75-shot can hook up for you. I officially proclaim you to be a nitrous addict, and you may now join the secret society of N2OGasPassers. Addictive, isn't it?

This is really exciting - all that work and planning paid off! Isn't it great when a plan comes together? And on a 50-shot, too....
Yeah, I could have too much timing advance. But I still don't see how it could detonate with this race fuel. Next time, I am going to do with the same exact setup, but run stock timing with race fuel. I'll see how the plugs look then. Before I go, I'll have to put in new plugs b/c these are coating in silver specs pretty good.

I think my bottle may be empty after only 5 nitrous runs on the 50 and 75 shot. It can't be, but I saw really rich conditions on back to back runs. I gotta undo everything and weigh it. Hopefully, I got some nitrous left so I can make a pass on the street while I still have plenty of race fuel left in the tank.

I'm really hoping I can take advantage of the 75 shot on the launch. It's going to be tough to get it to hook up though everytime since track prep is so erratic at my local track.

Jime said he sprayed a straight 150 single shot. I don't know how he did that and still get a 1.7 60's. Do you have any idea how that can be possible? I tried spraying the 75 shot one second after my launch and I got a 1.9 60 foot. Traction was there, but the TC didn't flash nearly as high and the car didn't lay down nearly as much power compared to launching on nitrous.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Turbo 3.5

Jime said he sprayed a straight 150 single shot. I don't know how he did that and still get a 1.7 60's. Do you have any idea how that can be possible? I tried spraying the 75 shot one second after my launch and I got a 1.9 60 foot. Traction was there, but the TC didn't flash nearly as high and the car didn't lay down nearly as much power compared to launching on nitrous.
I think it was a 150 progressive shot, using a rpm based ramp starting at 10%at 1000rpms, I'll find the post if it's not too old

I still can not search old posts

btw great times and with a 50shot
Old 11-10-2007, 11:46 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by t6378tp
I think it was a 150 progressive shot, using a rpm based ramp starting at 10%at 1000rpms, I'll find the post if it's not too old

I still can not search old posts

btw great times and with a 50shot
Yeah, he had the maximizer progressive controller on there once with the 150 shot. But he also said this in one of my threads in reply to my question:

Jime, do you know how high of a shot you were capable of launching with, without making your 60 foot suffer? I know you had the Maximizer, but I wonder if the 50 shot was too much power to launch straight out of the hole with.
Originally Posted by Jime
Aaron I found a 50 shot was optimal with the 2k2 but I ran the 150 on my 95 before I had the optimizer and still pulled 1.7's. All my 12.1 times were without the maximizer or dual nozzle setups. Not sure why you guys are having a hard time with traction unless your front end is moving more than you think.
I just don't know how it's possible to spray straight 150 shot on the launch and still get a 1.7. With great track prep, I was barely able to hook up on a 75 shot launch. I wonder if he launched NA, then sprayed the 150 shot within 1 second while still in 1st gear.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:05 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Yeah, the front cables helped a LOT. My best 60 foot without them on the 50 shot was a 1.97. I just kept spinning the slicks, even on 12psi.

Well, now that I'm about 130lbs lighter than last time, plus my suspension was setup like I wanted it to, it was easy to get 1.82s with the 50 shot. But the 75 shot only hooked ONE time with that 1.80.

I have wider wheels on their way right now. Some 15x8 Rota Slipstreams will be here Monday. Right now, I'm using the 22x8x15 MT slicks on a 15x6 millenia wheel. I'm hoping the wider wheel allows for better traction with this slick. We'll see. I'm thinking about hitting the track again pretty soon with these new wheels. I'm going to keep my car in track mode for the next couple weeks and just drive my beater Stanza everywhere.

Yeah, I could have too much timing advance. But I still don't see how it could detonate with this race fuel. Next time, I am going to do with the same exact setup, but run stock timing with race fuel. I'll see how the plugs look then. Before I go, I'll have to put in new plugs b/c these are coating in silver specs pretty good.

I think my bottle may be empty after only 5 nitrous runs on the 50 and 75 shot. It can't be, but I saw really rich conditions on back to back runs. I gotta undo everything and weigh it. Hopefully, I got some nitrous left so I can make a pass on the street while I still have plenty of race fuel left in the tank.

I'm really hoping I can take advantage of the 75 shot on the launch. It's going to be tough to get it to hook up though everytime since track prep is so erratic at my local track.

It sounds like you were right about "restraining" your front suspension. Nothing like results to prove a point, is there? The wider wheel might help some, but you should plan on taller and wider slicks. M&H has 23/8.5/15 and 24.x/8.5/15 slicks...

Those silver specks could be aluminum specks. IMHO, that's preignition, from too much advance. Your cut grounds and race gas probably saved you from making lunch meat out of your motor, but try the retarded ignition next.

If you have a 10lb bottle, with 5 50-75 shot passes on it, the level is too low now. I weight the bottles when filled, then expect to replace it when the N2O is 1/2 gone. Lots of experience with this problem. I keep a digital bathroom scale handy for this.

Face it - Jime has made things work that us mere mortals may never duplicate - no joke. Don't ask me how his 150-shot worked - I would launch with a 75-shot and go into 150-shot while still in first gear - some 1.9x 60's happened, but lots of tire spin too. I never did figure out the right way.

Fill your bottles, at least wider wheels for slicks, wash your slicks with VHT/alcohol 50-50%, and try again.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Old Maxima Legend

hey aaron congrats ! tell me you got a few vids aye ? i want to see the 3rd gen out there punishing some unsuspecting challengers ! ha ! nice work !
Old 11-10-2007, 01:13 PM

Congrats Aaron. Another milestone for the maxima.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey Aaron, good stuff and there is much more there yet. I'm still puzzled why you guys can't launch at higher shots. I really don't have any secrets to share or I would. I just nailed it right off the line with any shot and no traction problems. It wasn't until I got the 3.5 that I had to keep it down to a 50 or 75 launch. Plus that was all with the 22x8x15 M/T's and my M&H 23.5's are even better.

I m still looking forward to putting the spray on the 3.5 swap but it will be a while because I still think I can wring a bit more N/A. I have 3 NX bottles just waiting. Nitrous is the best boost solution going because you don'/t have to live with the everyday wrinkles that s/c and turbo's have and I still believe I can out perform them even with the poor old auto that everyone loves to curse.

I am in the process of getting a G35 for my wife but I have no ideas about racing with a second rate rwd.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:56 PM
GrandPa

Very nice numbers.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:10 PM

Congratulations Aaron!!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:48 PM

Nice times you heating those tires up good? lol i remember reading one of your post saying you where going to be #1 on the timeslip. Very nice times tho. u have a mod list?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:12 AM
NWP Engineering.com

but you should plan on taller and wider slicks. M&H has 23/8.5/15 and 24.x/8.5/15 slicks...

Those silver specks could be aluminum specks. IMHO, that's preignition, from too much advance. Your cut grounds and race gas probably saved you from making lunch meat out of your motor, but try the retarded ignition next.

If you have a 10lb bottle, with 5 50-75 shot passes on it, the level is too low now. I weight the bottles when filled, then expect to replace it when the N2O is 1/2 gone. Lots of experience with this problem. I keep a digital bathroom scale handy for this.
Yeah, I have my eye on those two M&H slicks you mentioned. 23 and the 24.5 slick.

Also, I have a digital postal scale that measures pretty accurately. I always weigh my bottle when I get it filled. They usually put 10.5 lbs in it. I know my before and after weights.

I still haven't had a chance to weigh my bottle. I'll do that probably Monday and make a couple test runs on the street with new plugs if I have over 5 pounds left. I found out when I'm right at 4lbs, it starts to surge and it's useless to get great track times with it.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:22 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Hey Aaron, good stuff and there is much more there yet. I'm still puzzled why you guys can't launch at higher shots. I really don't have any secrets to share or I would. I just nailed it right off the line with any shot and no traction problems. It wasn't until I got the 3.5 that I had to keep it down to a 50 or 75 launch. Plus that was all with the 22x8x15 M/T's and my M&H 23.5's are even better.
Thanks for posting. It's amazing that you are able to launch on a straight 150 shot right out of the hole. The 75 shot was able to hook once. It still spun a lot, but I was able to get a 1.80 on that run. But after track prep went down, I just spun horribly and got 2.0 60 foots on several occasions.

So the 150 shot hooks perfectly on the launch or just it spin a lot, but still get you 1.7s or 1.8s?

I am racing at one of the worst 'track prep' tracks in NC. There are a ton of 9 and 10 second cars that continually have problems breaking traction at half track and go towards the wall. This does not happen nearly as often on the other tracks I've raced at that spend the time and money to properly maintain the launch pad. Las Vegas was by far the best.

Ceasar, yeah, I got some videos. They are pretty crappy though. The microphone on my friend's camera cuts in and out. The footage should be ok, but the sound sucks! I haven't seen them yet, but I hope to get them today from him. I wish I would have raced some fast cars. The only cars I raced were those doing 2.2 - 2.4 60 foots. I do remember racing a Stang that did 12.1 with a 1.7 60 foot. I was RIGHT next to him on the launch. But as soon as he snatched 2nd gear, he just walked away from me.

VQrebuild96, please look on my website for a full mods list. www.NWPEngineering.com under the Project Car section.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:07 PM
NWP Engineering.com

So the 150 shot hooks perfectly on the launch or just it spin a lot, but still get you 1.7s or 1.8s?
Nevermind Jim. I found a post from you where you answered this question for me where you said:

I have run a 1.7 60' and 12.1 on 22" slicks spraying a 150 shot out of the hole so as soon as you hit that milestone I would consider upping the size. I ran approx 12 psi in the M/T's and they would sqawk coming out of the hole but thats all.
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...09&postcount=5

I have some 15x8 wheels on their way as we speak. I could see MUCH better results from them with the 22" slicks. I hope to try these out in the next week or two with the 75 shot launch.

Currently, I have the 22" MT slicks mounted on 15x6 Millenia wheels. The slicks do balloon a lot and I can noticeably see how the contact surface of the slicks are hindered.

I'm trying to get somewhere in your ballpark as far as 60 foots with the 22" slicks before I decide to go bigger. I KNOW it's possible. My track prep could be the biggest difference between me and you. Driving the car is pretty easy. I just do my burnout until the slicks yank me out of the water box, then I make sure the wheels are perfectly straight before I creep up to stage. I wiggle the wheel left, then right, then left a little less and right a little less and then almost let go of the steering wheel as I creep forward to prestage. I've always done this even when I was bracket racing and running high 15s on street tires. I believe every little thing helps consistancy.

But the slicks hook AWESOME after I do a good burnout. My rear skinnies get drug out of the water box and after about 3 or 4 seconds, they dead hook and yank me out! It actually catches me off guard sometime snapping my head back into the seat!
Old 11-11-2007, 02:30 PM
NWP Engineering.com

I just got the videos from my friend. It turns out that he filmed everything on the lowest resolution.

But here is the best video of the night. The others were much crappier. The fastest run is the best video I think.

I just added the video to the website. Please check it out. Sorry for the crappy resolution.

12 sec 92 Maxima vs SC300

As you'll see in the video, I had quite a few fans near the end of the night that were cheering for my car. Nothing like a grocery getting doing 12s to get the crowd's attention. lol
Old 11-11-2007, 06:31 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

As you'll see in the video, I had quite a few fans near the end of the night that were cheering for my car. Nothing like a grocery getting doing 12s to get the crowd's attention. lol
Yeah,them d*mn 4-door grocery-getters keep cluttering up my track!

Way to go, bud. Way to go.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:56 PM
kthxbye2u

yes!!!!!! made it into the 12's with no boost
fun fun for TEH 3rd gens!

the car looked so kool just launching like that Aaron
YAY!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:26 AM

Great Times Aaron only on a 50 shot! Do you think the cooler temps. contributed to the wheel spin with the 75 shot giving you a little more low end torque than in the past?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:04 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by kevin007
Great Times Aaron only on a 50 shot! Do you think the cooler temps. contributed to the wheel spin with the 75 shot giving you a little more low end torque than in the past?
No, I think the dropping ambient and track temps had more to do with my traction loss. My car making more torque strictly due to cooler temps had very very little to do with my traction loss.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 AM
STFU n00b!

Your car is still slow.

Congrats on the times man. good work!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:33 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
Your car is still slow.
[Automated Response] We are currently aware of this problem and apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. Our technicians are working diligently to correct the matter. We appreciate your patience. [/Automated Response]

Low 12s soon to come!
Old 11-12-2007, 02:00 PM

Nice times man, i hope to catch you next season, your lucky your track stays open all year... mine closes from sept - feb. God damn rain...
Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 PM

congrats man! way to represent the automagics.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 PM

wow!! u have just inspired me...u have one fast car homie!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:55 PM
NWP Engineering.com

I recently upgraded my drag wheels from the 12lb (recently weighed on my accurate postal scale, they are 12, not 11lbs.) 15x6 Millenia wheels to 15x8 14.5 lb Rota Slipstreams. The MT 22x8x15 slicks that I am using will be much happier on a 8" wide wheel! I am hoping for better 60 foot times b/c of it. Here's why....

Here are the old 6" wide wheels at 10psi:

In this pic, you can actually see how rounded the contact patch is.

Here is what they look like on the 8" wide wheel:

Big difference, huh?

Here is a measurement I took of these slicks with the Millenia wheels:

This is a measurement of 3/4" roughly at 10psi.

Here is with the slicks on the 15x8 Slipstreams at 10psi:

This is a measurement of about 3/8"!

One final pic:

These slicks are just so beautiful! I would have never thought I'd like the red lip. I didn't have much of a choice since these 15x8 Slipstreams are so hard to come by. I can order them straight from Rota, but it can take up to 6 months to come in. I didn't care, I would have gotten them in purple if I had to. Anything to see 1.7s!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:38 PM
SLOW

not wasting any time on those. i've had mine for like 4 weeks now and still don't have anything mounted on them. they're still in the boxes lol
Old 11-15-2007, 06:51 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Just for comparison, here are my 23/8.5/15 M&Hs mounted on 15x8 American Racing wheels. They seem pretty level across the tread.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
not wasting any time on those. i've had mine for like 4 weeks now and still don't have anything mounted on them. they're still in the boxes lol
Thanks for the quick shipping on these wheels. I'm motivated right now since the weather is cold, the track is still open, and my car is ready for great times.

Thanks for the pics Grey. It's nice to have wheels meant for the slicks. With these 15x8 wheels, in the future, I will be able to upgrade to a 23 or 24.5 M&H if the 22" MT slicks won't do a 1.7 60 foot.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:34 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Here is an update on my detonation problems. Yesterday, I finally got a chance to do some testing. I had some nitrous left in the bottle so I put in some new plugs and did some nitrous runs.

As some of you may have read, I have an NA advance timing program meant for 93 octane. I tried spraying nitrous with 110 leaded race fuel thinking that would solve any detonation problems. Well, I was wrong. It still detonated to the point of actual metal getting removed from the pistons. That's where the silver specks come from.

Well, I disabled the KS, retarded my base timing from 15 to 8 degrees and still ran the upgraded program with 110 race fuel. After doing a run, I read the plugs and saw a few tiny black speckles. I do a couple more runs with lower fuel pressure since it was too rich on the 1st run. I didn't see any more detonation on the plugs. Did another run, still no more detonation. So I am problem detonating ever so slightly, the motor can handle that. But I'll probably still retard the base timing a little bit more or vouch to run the stock program here on out with nitrous.

So, for my next track visit, I will be running pretty much straight 110 race fuel with the base timing set at 7 or 8 degrees. I'll have an extra set of plugs with me in case I see detonation and have to make an adjustment. That way, I'll have new plugs to be able to read on my next pass.

I really hope to be able to hook up on the 75 shot for a 1.7 60'. If the plugs look ok, then I'll put in the 100 shot and see what happens on the launch.

I was scared of this when I bought nitrous. I'm addicted! Who wants to see a VE Auto in the 11s?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:44 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Thanks for the quick shipping on these wheels. I'm motivated right now since the weather is cold, the track is still open, and my car is ready for great times.

Thanks for the pics Grey. It's nice to have wheels meant for the slicks. With these 15x8 wheels, in the future, I will be able to upgrade to a 23 or 24.5 M&H if the 22" MT slicks won't do a 1.7 60 foot.
If those don't work, there's always the 12x15 track Hoosiers.....

Ah, yes, the infamous N2O addiction... better known as Spray and Pray. Nitrous doesn't need much ignition advance, does it? But the 100-shot awaits at long last - then it's 125 and 150 and 200-shot spray...

Last edited by grey99max; 11-15-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:49 AM
NWP Engineering.com

If those don't work, there's always the 12x15 track Hoosiers.....
I think 26" slicks will fit if I have to. It might be a tight fit with the 15x8s with 40mm offset. Right now, with the MT slicks, I have about 3/8" of room, but the spring perch might be a problem when I go with a taller slick. I can always get some zero offset wheels like I've seen on some 10/11 sec Civics.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:11 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

I think 26" slicks will fit if I have to. It might be a tight fit with the 15x8s with 40mm offset. Right now, with the MT slicks, I have about 3/8" of room, but the spring perch might be a problem when I go with a taller slick. I can always get some zero offset wheels like I've seen on some 10/11 sec Civics.
Well, my avatar has a pair of 12x15 Hoosiers mounted on 10" M/T ET Drag wheels that weigh 13 lbs - 32lb for tire/wheel. They required some grinding on the caliper brace, but they fit - outside the fender flare. Never got to run 'em, though. So you have more options with 15" slicks.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:09 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Ah, yes, the infamous N2O addiction... better known as Spray and Pray. Nitrous doesn't need much ignition advance, does it? But the 100-shot awaits at long last - then it's 125 and 150 and 200-shot spray...
There you go editing your post after I already reply. LOL

But yes, nitrous is addicting. And no, I found out that with nitrous, it doesn't take much to detonate. It's very likely that stock timing is best for nitrous as far as making max HP. All dangerous detonation aside, advancing timing may not actually help make more HP. With my VE, it doesn't take much to see detonation.

With stock timing, 93 octane, 11.5:1 AFR, 1 step colder plugs, and a 50 shot, I saw detonation on the plugs. For all those out there that are spraying nitrous on your daily driver, heed that warning! You are most likely detonating on your 50 or 75 shot of nitrous. It doesn't take much!

With nitrous, it's really tough not to just drop in the 150 jets and play dumb. I've thought about getting ahead of myself and just going with an untune 150 shot. But I'm smarter than that. I'm trying my best to take it slow. Increase the nitrous slowly! Every step up in nitrous jet involves a completely new tune! The AFR is always thrown WAY off and the timing needs to be adjusted in most cases.

My change from 50 to 75 shot alone threw my AFR way off and I saw a 13.5:1 AFR one time with the 75 shot. I backed out and had to change fuel jets one more richer than what was recommended by Dynotune.

So, using the jets that NX, Dynotune, or NOS tells you to is just a starting point.

I'm not talking directly to you grey. I'm just spreading information for everybody out there that sprays a 75 shot in their Maxima. Untuned, a 75 shot can blow your engine very fast! I'm trying to get everything spot on before doing the 100 shot, then 125, then 150, 175, 200, etc! It's going to be a long process that will involve me getting more nitrous bottles!

I can see how nitrous starts to get very expensive with you get in to the 150 shot range! On the LS1tech.com Nitrous forum, I remember reading one guy said he can only get ONE pass from his bottle! That's NUTS! The car runs 7s or 8s, but still. ONE PASS!

Quick Reply: NWP Engineering VE Auto does 12s!